Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 3 of 4[ 123 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: The Black Psyche-Locks "SPOILER OF COURSE"Topic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Herr Blondie wrote:
Better yet, why wouldn't DAHLIA use it, since we've discussed her psych locks earlier, she's a fully fledged Fey girl trained under the evil if ambitious Morgana Fey. Plus surely Pearl would've warned Phoenix if there was a way around the Magatama when she gave it to him.

Didn't they say that Dahlia and Iris both lacked substantial medium training though? That's part of the reason Morgan was willing to let them go in the first place--they were of no use to her. Even if she had some powers, once she left the village there was no reason for her to suspect she'd ever be up against someone with a Magatama after that. I really doubt she would have researched and practiced that kind of psychic defense on the off chance of a Fey coming after her, especially when her charms are enough to win her over with most people.

Regardless, I don't think there can be any mystical training to resist the Magatama specifically. Even if there is it's horribly inefficient, because the black locks appearing at all are already an indication of the person lying. Meanwhile, people like Engarde have been able to fool the locks just by changing their wording. If Kristoph really understood how the Magatama worked, wouldn't he have just changed his words slightly to avoid it triggering at all?
ImageImage

GANTALITY!

Croik wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:
Better yet, why wouldn't DAHLIA use it, since we've discussed her psych locks earlier, she's a fully fledged Fey girl trained under the evil if ambitious Morgana Fey. Plus surely Pearl would've warned Phoenix if there was a way around the Magatama when she gave it to him.

Didn't they say that Dahlia and Iris both lacked substantial medium training though? That's part of the reason Morgan was willing to let them go in the first place--they were of no use to her. Even if she had some powers, once she left the village there was no reason for her to suspect she'd ever be up against someone with a Magatama after that. I really doubt she would have researched and practiced that kind of psychic defense on the off chance of a Fey coming after her, especially when her charms are enough to win her over with most people.

Regardless, I don't think there can be any mystical training to resist the Magatama specifically. Even if there is it's horribly inefficient, because the black locks appearing at all are already an indication of the person lying. Meanwhile, people like Engarde have been able to fool the locks just by changing their wording. If Kristoph really understood how the Magatama worked, wouldn't he have just changed his words slightly to avoid it triggering at all?

I alway like Croiks input, it is always so hmm interesting? informative? thought provoking?

I would still think that a will strong enough could resist the Magatama, heck in some cases someone with weak will to something had multiple locks broke like it was nothing, forgot who now but they had several but one piece of revealing evidence broke them all. Kristoph seems very stubborn and deluded anyway, maybe my order of events has got messed up but for all we know the black locks may been 'broken' with his defeat at the end of AJ as his secret may been revealed then but I can not say for sure because I am not too big on AJ events.

Dahlia and Iris did lack medium training (i'd think) because they lacked the spiritual power or something, oh cruel Morgan offloading kids because they would not fit her revenge at the time. I found Dahlia a little too sure of her charms and sloppy to bother with research, heck it seems she was short sighted in her vengeance plots anyway. I do not even get what she did for years between her little brushes with the law.

There I go, off railed again with this choo-choo of thought.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Gettin' Old!

Croik wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:

Hmm you gotta point, while Iris did go back to the Fey tradition Dahlia spent her time at college didn't she? Then behind bars so she didn't exactly study the Fey tradition and it was her psych locks after all.
Though I'm not sure it works that way for Engarde as he didn't exactly 'trick' the Magatama. He literally didn't kill Juan, no question it was Dekiller which was what Phoenix asked, if Phoenix had asked if he was responsible for the murder then something may have cropped up. If anything it was Nick and not Engarde who nullified the Magatama there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Friction, baby! - Keith Richards

Herr Blondie wrote:
I still think it's a stretch saying Kristoph could somehow nullify the Magatama's power, unless that perfume he sprays contains some unusual spiritual ingredient protecting him from various magicks.

It's Holy Water. Image
ImageThanks to Lind_L_Tailor for the badass sig! :neil:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

BlackJack wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:
I still think it's a stretch saying Kristoph could somehow nullify the Magatama's power, unless that perfume he sprays contains some unusual spiritual ingredient protecting him from various magicks.

It's Holy Water. Image

Hehe custom emote nice,

And yeah hehe thats what I'm thinking Holy Water protecting from spiritual powers. :garyuu: Krazy Kristoph
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I still think it's because Kristoph is the devil. Even Dahlia doesn't have a skull on her hand.

But could it be as simple as that? I wonder... :yogi:
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

Gettin' Old!

Alice wrote:
I still think it's because Kristoph is the devil. Even Dahlia doesn't have a skull on her hand.

My Momma says....Kristoph Gavin is the DEVIL

Yeah but Kristoph can spout blue flames and fly in ethereal form.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

Herr Blondie wrote:
Alice wrote:

My Momma says....Kristoph Gavin is the DEVIL

If I had any photoshop skills I'd do that.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

GigaHand wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:

....Mission Accepted. :Kristoph-hair:
ImageImage

Wife of Justin Laws :3

Maybe the black psyche-locks were unbreakable since

1. He's evil/crazy
2. He doesn't trust Phoenix
3. It might have been a memory from his past.

Anyways maybe if Klavier had used the Magatama hence being Kristoph's brother, maybe just maybe he could break the psyche-locks. So maybe in AA5 you could have that Prosecutor acts as defence part like in AA3. Or if they would do that in AA6 (If they get that far)

I'm guessing that Kristoph had a memory of his past that was so dark that it contributed to what had happened. Like when Zak has dissmissed him as an attorney Zak had pretty much said "You suck at poker, you're not needed anymore."
So maybe when Zak said "You're not needed anymore" It triggered some past memories. Like maybe Kristoph had a father who neglected him/abused him and had said that to Kristoph sometime in his childhood. So that touched a memory that Kristoph wasn't so fond of. And maybe Klavier was familiar with the memory as well and would know what Kristoph was hiding.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4176842/1/

^The fanfiction here is what I personally think what happened in Kristoph and Klavier's childhood it seems accurate.^
~I trust Nadindi with all my graphics.

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Croik wrote:
GigaHand wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:

....Mission Accepted. :Kristoph-hair:

C-croik, I will love you forever. seriously.
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~
The Black Locks...Topic%20Title

No Ojections for you!

Maybe because when every other lock breaks they go like "Aack n-n-NOO!" and stuff like that. Maybe they are black because he is smart enough to not panic so nothing is revealed. Or it could mean he has one chance because you think someone would catch on.

I say it was a plot device. After all if breaking those psyche locks revealed everything to Phoenix then Apollo bringing him down wouldn't have been any fun.

Grancko wrote:
BlackJack wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:
Also GOD FORBID the Fey's returning to the main storyline.

That better have been sarcasm. :chinami:

Trust me. They won't appear.

Ok, this might seem weird, but what if the Gramaryes were the Feys. There are an untold number of branch families in the Fey Clan, the Gramaryes might of been a branch family who got fed-up and left Kurain, with their own special spiritual power, the Percieve System. This might sound a bit crazy, but it will probably be how Capcom brings back the Feys.

Perfect whine record

The game hints to a 'darkness' a couple of times, and to Kristoph being 'the devil'. The black locks only add to this.

'sides, who knows, maybe Apollo broke those locks in court?

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Ok, this might seem weird, but what if the Gramaryes were the Feys. There are an untold number of branch families in the Fey Clan, the Gramaryes might of been a branch family who got fed-up and left Kurain, with their own special spiritual power, the Percieve System. This might sound a bit crazy, but it will probably be how Capcom brings back the Feys.

OORRRRR bear with me on this!

They don't because that idea is stupid and far-fetched and Capcom won't bring back the feys.
Besides the Perceive system isn't spiritual since that generally involves spirits. While perceiving is more like slowing down time and zooming in apparently.

Additionally this is all necromancy this thread has been dead a while.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

Pierre wrote:
They don't because that idea is stupid and far-fetched and Capcom won't bring back the feys.
Besides the Perceive system isn't spiritual since that generally involves spirits. While perceiving is more like slowing down time and zooming in apparently.

Additionally this is all necromancy this thread has been dead a while.

To be fair, Capcom have done some rather cracky things in canon. I doubt they'd go that far, but if you think about it, plots involving identical twins (one of whom no one knew about until a random photograph appeared in the newspaper) and the like... that's bordering on the same level of cracktastic. The thing is, Capcom makes it WORK. *shrugs* I wouldn't say anything's impossible.

And even if a thread's been inactive for awhile, I don't get what's so bad about people joining in with new ideas later on. A lot of the "dead" stuff on here is new to us more-recent fandomers. :)

Speaking of black psychelocks... I'm currently drawing up some designs for them... as tattoos. :D

At first I thought that Apollo could break the black locks - I thought you had to somehow be Apollo and 'perceive' Kristoph being nervous, and guess about his secrets...or something like that? :godot:

Aspiring to Inspire

As much as I agree with the interpretations, the black psyche-locks may simply be an excuse for us to find out Kristoph's secrets at the trial later. Besides, it's more dramatic and shocking that way. Though, I wanted to take a crack at those locks myself... -_-

"Full of despair"? Maybe its was Phoenix's turn to be waxing poetic but he fails? I mean, when I think about his line, it's probably somewhere on the cliche side. Does he even know what he's saying? He does have a tendency to say something out of place or downright ridiculous. Or maybe it is some form of foreboding. The AA series is quite notorious for those.
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Perpetual Prosecutor

Kristoph was an expert in hiding his secrets. He hid them for years infact, always keeping an eye out to not be suspected.
After all this hiding, he unconsciously created an impenetrable barrier in his mind that even Phoenix can't break.

Aspiring to Inspire

If you ask me, that should've happened with Dahlia, too. After all, she killed more people.

ImageImageImageImage

Humph.

I was able to get a photo of me with the Psycholocks. They're black. Impossible to break until you find 1 string of truth. I figured HIS locks out, why can't Phoenix?
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

Coffee-addict

well to talk Kristoph we must think of his possible past and how he might have tied in with the rest of the Phoenix Wright universe. I mean, if you are in this topic you might have already guessed that everyone in Gyakuten Saiban are linked in a way or another such as how
Spoiler:
Mystic Misty is the great big lock that started the whole saga
then we must ask ourselves what does this person have a link to besides being another attorney in the country besides Nick? I think he has links to certain cases that we may have overlooked such as the Lost Turnabout? Or even Farewell my Turnabout. Because I sorta think that Gavin family has similar hair color to Adrian Andrews.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over

Perpetual Prosecutor

G0dot wrote:
well to talk Kristoph we must think of his possible past and how he might have tied in with the rest of the Phoenix Wright universe. I mean, if you are in this topic you might have already guessed that everyone in Gyakuten Saiban are linked in a way or another such as how
Spoiler:
Mystic Misty is the great big lock that started the whole saga
then we must ask ourselves what does this person have a link to besides being another attorney in the country besides Nick? I think he has links to certain cases that we may have overlooked such as the Lost Turnabout? Or even Farewell my Turnabout. Because I sorta think that Gavin family has similar hair color to Adrian Andrews.

I don't believe there are such hidden connections. But it's fun to speculate. :edgy:

Spoiler: 2-1
I think 2-1 is a possibility. Maybe the whole scam-industry Wellington was in included Kristoph.

Humph.

He just got out of law school then, right? He's 25 and working in his own business. 9 years later, this happens- :Kristoph-hair:
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

They took some honey, from a tree...

I theorise that one can choose Psyche-Lock colour before birth.

Now, most people would be too busy being incredibly premature babies in the womb, so the default setting is "Red". However, in Kristoph's case...
Spoiler:
YOU ARE SOON TO BE BORN. PLEASE SELECT PSYCHE-LOCK COLOUR TO CONTINUE

Default "Red" will be selected if choice is not made in 3...2...

Kristoph: Black, because I'm badass and I want to be different to the common Red vermin on the globe.

YOU HAVE SELECTED: BLACK
ENJOY YOUR PSYCHE-LOCK

Perhaps...perhaps...

Humph.

So... I theorize that truly evil/powerful people get black locks. My friend claims he saw some.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

My guess is that Kristoph Gavin goes into an unusual psychological situation when trying to hide a secret. He has no intention of revealing anything, so he locks his secrets away so tightly, nobody can reveal them.

Remember - even when he is convicted in 4-4, he did not have any intention of defeat.

So, probably, each one of those 5 psyche locks is actually a much greater amount, like 10 each or something, because the secret that was hidden is the one he will never reveal.

100% Juice

Colonel Olrik wrote:
I theorise that one can choose Psyche-Lock colour before birth.

Now, most people would be too busy being incredibly premature babies in the womb, so the default setting is "Red". However, in Kristoph's case...
Spoiler:
YOU ARE SOON TO BE BORN. PLEASE SELECT PSYCHE-LOCK COLOUR TO CONTINUE

Default "Red" will be selected if choice is not made in 3...2...

Kristoph: Black, because I'm badass and I want to be different to the common Red vermin on the globe.

YOU HAVE SELECTED: BLACK
ENJOY YOUR PSYCHE-LOCK

Perhaps...perhaps...

this. this is what happened

Aspiring to Inspire

Nick seriously needs to recharge his magatama...

ImageImageImageImage

We are always alone...

My guess is... some evidence is missing.. i mean definitely tampered and lost even in the past and present. Also, Kristoph will do anything to hide the truth from Phoenix even though the truth is already right in front of them. :sadshoe:

Let's! Objection!

Let's talk gameplay. What happens if you actually try to break the black locks?

Stand back! I'm about to try SCIENCE!

Location: Here. No wait, I meant there! Or In florida! Don't Hurt MEEE!

Baby Bonnie Hood wrote:

I thought Kristoph kicked you out before you could.

Gettin' Old!

Untaken Fingerprint wrote:
Baby Bonnie Hood wrote:

I thought Kristoph kicked you out before you could.

Correct which is why they are so mysterious.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

a not so Important local guy.

Hi I’m new here and sorry if this has been brought up before..but I have a Theory,
Spoiler:
What if Kristoph is Apollo father and the black psyche-locks represent Jealousy because his wife left him for Zak!
Crazy but possible!

We are always alone...

J-ace attorney wrote:
Hi I’m new here and sorry if this has been brought up before..but I have a Theory,
Spoiler:
What if Kristoph is Apollo father and the black psyche-locks represent Jealousy because his wife left him for Zak!
Crazy but possible!

Impossible, really.

Spoiler: What is stated in the game
The game stated that Apollo's mother, Thalassa, had her first baby.[Apollo]

Apollo was born in the year 2004[the year is from court-records] At that same year, that husband of hers was already killed. So, if the husband is really dead now, why would it have been Kristoph?

:gipsy:

justice is always wright ;)

guy's,it's simple,it was becouse he held into the secret so tightly that 5 red phsyce locks weren't enough,remember how the stronger tha person is hiding the secret the more red phsych locks,in this case kristof is holding tight into that secret so powerfully that even the magatma would fail to break them.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

J-ace attorney wrote:
Spoiler:
Crazy but possible!

Kristoph is 32. Apollo is 22. You do the math.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

justice is always wright ;)

Icarus wrote:
J-ace attorney wrote:
Spoiler:
Crazy but possible!

Kristoph is 32. Apollo is 22. You do the math.

great point,biologically it's impossible.

!~Panda Tamer~!

Can't tell, but from what our Mr Right said "Can I even break these?" it seems that he was TOO SCARED if he's unable to break it *or some other scary possibilities may occur?*.

*I think that's also an explanation of why he ran away from the scene so fast, why? Because if not, he might just say his usual "HOLD IT!" and do the breaks*

REMEMBER, Kristoph is a demon! *or at least a demon possesses him*
He's not a normal villain indeed XD
Page 3 of 4 [ 123 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)