Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 3 of 5[ 188 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Apollo's REAL Father... Revealed?Topic%20Title

The Real Human Being

So many connections if you look at them a certain way, IT HAS TO BE TRUE!

((If you don't get the above picture you suck))

Kýrie eléison

Diana Rose's Testimony wrote:
I think it's perfectly feasible that Magnifi could have figured it out.

:objection:

According to Zak, Thalassa left the Troupe after marrying her first husband. If that is so, then would Magnifi really be inclined to reveal his precious secrets to two non-Troupe performers?

Again, while everyone in GS4 seems to be under the impression that Thalassa's first husband must be Apollo's father, nobody has definite evidence to back that up. Where's the DNA tests that show who Apollo's father really was? Thus why I proposed earlier that Thalassa and Gant had an affair instead. :gantdown:
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Never Gonna Give You Up

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
According to Zak, Thalassa left the Troupe after marrying her first husband. If that is so, then would Magnifi really be inclined to reveal his precious secrets to two non-Troupe performers?

Who are the two non-Troupers...? Clarify, please. Also, since Gant faking his own death would get him out of the way for Magnifi--which, remember, is what he WANTS so he can get Thalassa back in the truth--he would likely be willing to help him stage it. All Gant had to do was know how to do HIS part, not the entire trick.

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
Again, while everyone in GS4 seems to be under the impression that Thalassa's first husband must be Apollo's father, nobody has definite evidence to back that up. Where's the DNA tests that show who Apollo's father really was? Thus why I proposed earlier that Thalassa and Gant had an affair instead. :gantdown:

Eh, it could go either way. XD We can't know what Capcom hasn't told us, but why bother throwing in a third person in Thalassa's life? (Other than she's possibly a gardening tool.)

Kýrie eléison

Diana Rose wrote:
Who are the two non-Troupers...?

Thalassa and her first husband; namely when they left after their marriage.

Diana Rose wrote:
Also, since Gant faking his own death would get him out of the way for Magnifi--which, remember, is what he WANTS so he can get Thalassa back in the truth--he would likely be willing to help him stage it. All Gant had to do was know how to do HIS part, not the entire trick.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part of Pleading Eyes's original theory. *whistles innocently*

But to be honest, I just can't see Gant being a performer for most of his life before faking his death and joining the police force. Someone with Gant's ambition and desire to wield power would probably have never settled for something as trivial as a gig in show business. That is my primary beef with the Pleading Eyes theory. In my personal head-canon though, this problem can be solved by making Gant someone other than thr husband.

Diana Rose wrote:
XD We can't know what Capcom hasn't told us, but why bother throwing in a third person in Thalassa's life? (Other than she's possibly a gardening tool.)

A. Plot twist
B. Better preserves Gant's image as a Knight Templar who spent his entire career in the police force
C. Suggests that Thalassa's first husband may have been such a cold-hearted ass that Thalassa would cheat on him. This happens frequently in Bond films, where the unfaithful wife of a villain gets seduced by Bond before getting killed off. Hmmm...... did they ever figure out who exactly caused that near-fatal injury to Thalassa? Is there anyone that Gant and Magnifi would fear so much that they chose to take the extreme measure of shipping Thalassa off to some country instead of letting anyone else know of her survival? Is there anyone so obsessed with values like honesty that they'd be willing to kill absolutely anyone who violates their trust, and pursue that untrustworthy person to the ends of the earth if necessary......?

:shelly:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Holy crap, this is a brilliant theory! I want it to be true! *___*

Exorcist Apprentice

OMFG :beef:

Never Gonna Give You Up

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
But to be honest, I just can't see Gant being a performer for most of his life before faking his death and joining the police force. Someone with Gant's ambition and desire to wield power would probably have never settled for something as trivial as a gig in show business. That is my primary beef with the Pleading Eyes theory. In my personal head-canon though, this problem can be solved by making Gant someone other than thr husband.
C. Suggests that Thalassa's first husband may have been such a cold-hearted ass that Thalassa would cheat on him. This happens frequently in Bond films, where the unfaithful wife of a villain gets seduced by Bond before getting killed off. Hmmm...... did they ever figure out who exactly caused that near-fatal injury to Thalassa? Is there anyone that Gant and Magnifi would fear so much that they chose to take the extreme measure of shipping Thalassa off to some country instead of letting anyone else know of her survival? Is there anyone so obsessed with values like honesty that they'd be willing to kill absolutely anyone who violates their trust, and pursue that untrustworthy person to the ends of the earth if necessary......?

It's certainly possible, but we can only go on the evidence we have. :O And it's not necessary that Gant was a full time performer. Most musicians I know (I'm related to tons of pros) have a main career and do gigs on the side. So for all we can say he WAS on the force the whole time. XD That part of the theory--that he was their organist--isn't really set in stone. There's tons of possibilities. We just came up with that thread of logic to show how very POSSIBLE it is.

Thanks for the feedback! Also, I helped come up with the theory, it's not just Pleads'. x3

Kýrie eléison

Diana Rose wrote:
Also, I helped come up with the theory, it's not just Pleads'. x3

Hehe, both of you did a fine job coming up with the theory. I admit that most of my "objections" actually stem from my personal tastes in how the back-story of Apollo's father should play out instead of actual decisive evidence, but any theory's bound to have holes in it before getting refined. :franny:

Diana Rose wrote:
So for all we can say he WAS on the force the whole time.

:holdit:

If we go that particular route, than it makes either the police force or the media look like utter morons for failing to realize that a detective who "dies" while doing his organist gig is actually alive and well.

HOWEVER........... if we have a supposedly dead man like Gant walk up to the precinct one day and kindly state that he won't publicly embarrass the detectives who investigated his "death" if the police department gives him a job.... well, that'd be a swell way for Gant to begin his career in blackmailing. While this would mean Gant wouldn't have spent all his time in the police force, who's to say that Gant didn't have previous experience in working in an organization like Interpol?

Additionally, an additional benefit in having Gant join the local police force after his "death" is that it means a much greater proportion of it is spent with Lana Skye (who would have graduated from university about 2010 or so, six years after Gant's "death"), since the SL-9 back-story places great emphasis on their partnership. However if we have Gant wasting away in Criminal Affairs for most of his life as I originally envisioned, then it would have been more accurate to describe Gant as Lana's mentor rather than a true partner. Ergo, I can see how your theory gives a plausible explanation as to why nobody in GS1-5 ever referred to Lana as a disciple of Gant's, taking into account the giant age-difference between the two which would have normally signaled an obvious master/student dynamic. :damon: :lana:

Quote:
That part of the theory--that he was their organist--isn't really set in stone.

But Ganty likes playing the organ..... :gantdown:

---------------------

With that out of the way, there is one thing that needs to be addressed: why would Gant and Magnifi decide that faking Gant's death would be the best course of action? If Gant simply wanted to ditch Thalassa and the baby, why couldn't he divorce her, or encourage her to abort or give up the child? Gant and Magnifi had many options to choose from, but why then would they go with an overly-elaborate and exotic "death"? Was Gant scared of making child support payments?

Or...... maybe Gant ran into a rut at Interpol (or whatever random law enforcement organization) and needed a scheme to land himself a job that would provide him with sure-fire promotions and the power he ultimately craves? So by choosing "death", Gant would have had the trump card he needed to persuade his superiors in the city police department to promote him whenever possible. Hmmm....... now THAT sounds like the Ganty I know. :gant-clap2:

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
Diana Rose wrote:
Also, I helped come up with the theory, it's not just Pleads'. x3

Hehe, both of you did a fine job coming up with the theory. I admit that most of my "objections" actually stem from my personal tastes in how the back-story of Apollo's father should play out instead of actual decisive evidence, but any theory's bound to have holes in it before getting refined. :franny:

Diana Rose wrote:
So for all we can say he WAS on the force the whole time.

If we go that particular route, than it makes either the police force or the media look like utter morons for failing to realize that a detective who "dies" while doing his organist gig is actually alive and well.

HOWEVER........... if we have a supposedly dead man like Gant walk up to the precinct one day and kindly state that he won't publicly embarrass the detectives who investigated his "death" if the police department gives him a job.... well, that'd be a swell way for Gant to begin his career in blackmailing. While this would mean Gant wouldn't have spent all his time in the police force, who's to say that Gant didn't have previous experience in working in an organization like Interpol?

Additionally, an additional benefit in having Gant join the local police force after his "death" is that it means a much greater proportion of it is spent with Lana Skye (who would have graduated from university about 2010 or so, six years after Gant's "death"), since the SL-9 back-story places great emphasis on their partnership. However if we have Gant wasting away in Criminal Affairs for most of his life as I originally envisioned, then it would have been more accurate to describe Gant as Lana's mentor rather than a true partner. Ergo, I can see how your theory gives a plausible explanation as to why nobody in GS1-5 ever referred to Lana as a disciple of Gant's, taking into account the giant age-difference between the two which would have normally signaled an obvious master/student dynamic. :damon: :lana:

Quote:
That part of the theory--that he was their organist--isn't really set in stone.

But Ganty likes playing the organ..... :gantdown:

---------------------

With that out of the way, there is one thing that needs to be addressed: why would Gant and Magnifi decide that faking Gant's death would be the best course of action? If Gant simply wanted to ditch Thalassa and the baby, why couldn't he divorce her, or encourage her to abort or give up the child? Gant and Magnifi had many options to choose from, but why then would they go with an overly-elaborate and exotic "death"? Was Gant scared of making child support payments?

Or...... maybe Gant ran into a rut at Interpol (or whatever random law enforcement organization) and needed a scheme to land himself a job that would provide him with sure-fire promotions and the power he ultimately craves? So by choosing "death", Gant would have had the trump card he needed to persuade his superiors in the city police department to promote him whenever possible. Hmmm....... now THAT sounds like the Ganty I know. :gant-clap2:

Good question... why not mess with the sea?
Sig.

I'd say

Gant, already being a detective, went undercover in the troupe.
Found out what he needed, disappeared.
Reporters were fed another story, to account for his disappearance.

There, no fancy far fetched theories~ XD

Gettin' Old!

Yeah or maybe her first husband was a great man and married her while pregnant.

Of course Gant didn't want someone else looking after his own seed so he waits in the audience one performance *boom* headshot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Never Gonna Give You Up

Haha, well, he could have chosen 'death' for a lot of reasons. The one I generally think of is that when he tried to leave, Thalassa got all clingy and CRAZY because she's completely and utterly dependent on Gant. He's not really a nice guy, but he's big on appearances. He wouldn't want to be some guy who left his pregnant wife (or girlfriend) just because he didn't feel like raising a kid--that looks really bad. Plus, there is the element of whether or not he felt like paying child support.

Also, there's a chance he WAS undercover in the troupe looking for something, but as to what, I don't know. :O I like all of the alternate backstories you guys are coming up with! Just goes to show how possible the theory is--there's a bunch of different ways for it to play out that all ultimately lead to the same conclusion.

Oh, and on the note of Gant being Lassa's first husband or not...That is ALSO, I think, due to appearances. She's 17 and he's 50-something. Magnifi would blow a gasket. Marrying her would make it look normal, or maybe he NEEDED to be that close to her for some reason. Iunno! You tell me!

Pierre wrote:

Of course Gant didn't want someone else looking after his own seed so he waits in the audience one performance *boom* headshot.

Waits in the audience?
What if he was standing right infront of her?

Look at Valant,
Spoiler:

He holds his.... 'cane' of sorts with his left hand, so the way he handles it, we can clarify he is left handed, but that's a huge contradiction to the flash back!
Spoiler:

Why is he shooting with his right hand? It's not because his hands are full because he has no cane in that image...
What if this man isn't Valant Gramarye?
It could be Gant himself,
he raises his right hand and plays with his hair with his right hand, but could he be left handed?
Sig.

Gettin' Old!

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Waits in the audience?

Look at Valant,
Spoiler:

He holds his.... 'cane' of sorts with his left hand, so the way he handles it, we can clarify he is left handed, but that's a huge contradiction to the flash back!
Spoiler:

Why is he shooting with his right hand? It's not because his hands are full because he has no cane in that image...
What if this man isn't Valant Gramarye?
It could be Gant himself,
he raises his right hand and plays with his hair with his right hand, but could he be left handed?

Valant's ambidextrous....

BOOM! The argument explodes into a thousand pieces!
Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth!
The Miracle Never Happen!

Ok he may not be ambidextrous but we can't deny it's not a possibility especially with the evidence you've given showing him using something with both hands
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ema has a hat!

Simply put: Epic win :redd:
I'm not coming back. I'm done with this fanbase. You're all up-tight, nit-picking, hypocrites who are TERRIFIED of change. Getting banned just for standing up for myself... I'm never coming back. Goodbye forever you brats.

Kýrie eléison

Hehe, let's see how much I can reply to: :karma:

Ceres wrote:
Gant, already being a detective, went undercover in the troupe.

That begs the question as to why Gant was sent undercover in the first place. Was Magnifi some sort of secret criminal mastermind perhaps?

Diana Rose wrote:
The one I generally think of is that when he tried to leave, Thalassa got all clingy and CRAZY because she's completely and utterly dependent on Gant.

I never did think of Thalassa as the clingy type, to be honest. Then again, we don't really know anything for sure about how she was like when she was 17 or so. I guess it really all depends on what type of back-story we personally prefer (for the record, faking your own death would be a criminally-brilliant way to avoid having to pay child support).

Diana Rose wrote:
I like all of the alternate backstories you guys are coming up with! Just goes to show how possible the theory is--there's a bunch of different ways for it to play out that all ultimately lead to the same conclusion.

Right on! :gant-clap:

-----------------------

Before I leave, I'd like to emphasize one more convenient "coincidence". In Greek mythology, Zeus was rather notorious for impregnating all sorts of women; divine and mortal alike. Is there a possibility that Apollo has all sorts of step-siblings out there? :gant:

How DeLiteful

OMG YES YES YES

Shipper on the loose.

O_______O

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Holy shit, I have to share this with all my friends and watch their reactions.

I think my brain just exploded... Still, a great theory though :D
I can seriously see where you're coming from and totally agree :gant-clap2:
Spoiler: onoes! Possible AJ spoiler
That's some err... interesting choice of 'Captcha' there...
:hobolaugh:

evil monkey is watching you.

I would totally support this theory if it didn't involve a 53-year-old Gant........with an 18-year-old Thalassa.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO PICTURE THAT!!! :ron-jazz: :spload: :headbang: :scratch:
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!

'Sup?

pleadingeyes wrote:
Magic shows, like circuses, use organs all the time! And some organs allow you to change the instrument sound on them, much like an electric piano.

Really? Never knew that... :yuusaku:

pleadingeyes wrote:
Well, who said she fell in love with him? Maybe she was just trying to escape. Maybe he tricked a naive little girl, like the theory states.

I think Thalassa would've been smart enough to not be tricked by Gant, but then again, she might have been as naive as Trucy when she was younger...

Anyway, though it would be a very big twist... I don't see Capcom doing it. :/
I'm not sure why I think that, but... I dunno, I just don't think Capcom would bring Gant back instead of creating a new character, who could bring in more story and possibly, more of a twist.
Image Image

Mysterious Masked Prosecutor Level 100

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Waits in the audience?

Um the headshot was to the HUSBAND not Thallassa :gotcha:
Also what is the photo from?

Waiting on Godot...

J-Max Holmes wrote:
I would totally support this theory if it didn't involve a 53-year-old Gant........with an 18-year-old Thalassa.

Yeah... Gant in in that bracket where most characters (besides Old Bag) are considered cradle snatching if it involved Gant. It's not unheard of. It's not common, but teenager DO marry 50 year olds. They need to be the legal age to do it, but it happens. SO scandalous though O.o

*thinks happy Phoenix x Thalassa thoughts*
ImageImageImageImage

Mysterious Masked Prosecutor Level 100

Um from organ to Chords of Steel?
also if Thalassa was married to Kristo they wouldn't look that much alike...

The theory is very interesting.
I can't wait until AJ2 comes out.
It would be nice if the theory is true. :odoroki:

MUST READ FANFIC!!! (caffeine high!)

if AJ2 does come out i would love to see phoenix's, apollo's and gant's reaction eg. :omg: :wtf: :zap:
In full support of phoenix/maya, miles/franziska, mia/diego, gumshoe/byrde
extreme coffee ADDICT! and loves all things funny!

J-Max Holmes wrote:

But that just makes it more delicious :gant:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Power of Flower

I shit bricks.

Gettin' Old!

.:looby:. wrote:
J-Max Holmes wrote:

Yeah besides it's not like Gant is an unfit or unattractive man for his age. In the AA world he'd probably be more like George Clooney y'know? Quite attractive for a rather old guy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I choose you!

That is a scary thought.
I geuss Gant and Lamiroir went for a swim then eh? C':

An extra string of text below my avatar

1) That blew my mind.

2) The last comparison images (w/ the green circles) cracked me up so hard my head hurts xDD

You guys are amazing <3

Is still absolute trash.

Oh my.. (This is almost as revolutionary as the Clock Tower Connections thread on Don't Cry Jennifer.)

D.Gant being Apollo's daddy = *MINDBOOM*

D.Gant and Thalassa being involved to make Apollo = OHPLEASENO.
Now, if D.Gant had a (nicer)twin brother that got with Thalassa, then I'd accept the Gant/Thalassa thing, but.... (From hearing about Gant before today, I already don't like him.)

(Random Question; What exactly is Thalassa's eye color, anyway?)
*trumpet sounds*

Toffee!

Ice wrote:
That is a scary thought.
I geuss Gant and Lamiroir went for a swim then eh? C':

*imagines*

AH! TRAUMA~!

Why HER!? Why HERE!? Why NOW!?

... for a while, I though that everything was REAL.

But... what if Gant is Apollo's GRANDfather? His son would be the (in)famous magician and Thalassa's first husband, and he would obviously look like his father. And his son would look like a little bit to Gant too, 'cause the baby is Gant's grandson: it's not rare that people look like more their grandparents than to their parents...

... I solved the mystery of the year! °O°

But your hair is such a tragedy to draw, dear Mr. I-created-Stigma.

Writing, drawing, singing, flashing, playing, for you. Stay lawed ♪.

KyrieNobody wrote:
... for a while, I though that everything was REAL.

But... what if Gant is Apollo's GRANDfather? His son would be the (in)famous magician and Thalassa's first husband, and he would obviously look like his father. And his son would look like a little bit to Gant too, 'cause the baby is Gant's grandson: it's not rare that people look like more their grandparents than to their parents...

... I solved the mystery of the year! °O°

It's a possibility...
Sig.

PL vs PW <33

LOL this theory is amazing, and a lot more plausible than some of the other lineage theories. Love the evidence btw, esp the pose comparisons XD And the naming connection (even if it only works for the English version, maybe Capcom sekretly told the localization team! To set up the plot for AJ2 XD)

'cept... the age difference is a bit.. ewww... Gant's not unattractive, but still... :beef:

the Grandfather theory could work though
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

That really blew my mind. And it was more than just speculation, I liked how there was evidence to back it up, so it could actually be a possibility.

I've always liked Apollo, but I wonder if people would suddenly start liking the guy if this was all true.

Steel Samourai's Fan

Pierre wrote:
.:looby:. wrote:
J-Max Holmes wrote:

Yeah besides it's not like Gant is an unfit or unattractive man for his age. In the AA world he'd probably be more like George Clooney y'know? Quite attractive for a rather old guy.

True! Same go for Manfred (in my opinion) They may be old, they are damn hot! :karma: :gant:

And for Gant being Apollo's father... If it's turn to be cannon, I think I'm gonna have a fangasm! :hotti:
Godot and his coffee cup, an eternal love!

Is still absolute trash.

:odo-objection: HOLD IT!!

I know I've asked this before, and it was bluntly ignored, but f'k it; What is Thalassa's (EXACT) eye color?!

I've looked at character art for Thalassa/Lamiroir, and her eyes seem a grayish blue. (Whether or not that's related to the blindness, I have no idea.) With that said, if Thalassa's real eye color is a bluish color, and Gant's eyes are blue, then there's no way that Apollo can have brown eyes!! Sure he may look like him..... a little.... (it's actually kinda scary), but if that's the case, then Gant cannot be Apollo's father! Because you cannot ignore genetics!!
*trumpet sounds*

PL vs PW <33

Squeaker-Ed wrote:
:odo-objection: HOLD IT!!

I know I've asked this before, and it was bluntly ignored, but f'k it; What is Thalassa's (EXACT) eye color?!

I've looked at character art for Thalassa/Lamiroir, and her eyes seem a grayish blue. (Whether or not that's related to the blindness, I have no idea.) With that said, if Thalassa's real eye color is a bluish color, and Gant's eyes are blue, then there's no way that Apollo can have brown eyes!! Sure he may look like him..... a little.... (it's actually kinda scary), but if that's the case, then Gant cannot be Apollo's father! Because you cannot ignore genetics!!

Lol! I think Thalassa's eye colour is dark blue/grey-ish blue. From the artbook picture (Art of GS) of Gant, I think his eyes are more green than blue...

But regarding the eye colour issue, I did some searching, and found this article: http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=29

Quote:
First, the answer is yes to both questions: two blue-eyed parents can produce green or brown-eyed children. Eye color is not the simple decision between the brown (or green) and blue versions of a single gene. There are many genes involved and eye color ranges from brown to hazel to green to blue to...

I'm not an expert on biology or genetics, but it seems that it isn't impossible to get brown eyes from 2 blue-eyed parent (and esp since Gant's eyes are more green than blue)
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Page 3 of 5 [ 188 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)