Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 14 of 17[ 679 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Re: GS4 Spoiler DiscussionTopic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Spoiler: "1-5 and 4-4"
I think the difference is that they were able to prove the forged evidence was not Edgeworth's fault. It's his job to trust what the police give him, so there's not much he can do if the police are the ones doing the forging. Phoenix didn't have that kind of excuse.

Plus, it's not like Edgeworth got off scott free. He left his job immediately after the end of that case. Not that I necessarily like this explanation, but you could consider he was pressured unofficially to leave, since his reputation by then was completely shot.

Or, if nothing else, PW world is biased against defense attorneys :P

ImageImage

Spoiler:
Could be. I mean just look at how rich the prosecutor's are compared to the defense attorney's. I mean it's insane when Edgewoth ge't more of a payout than Phoenix does. XD

I felt that Edgeworth left voluntary though because he thought he was becoming too much like Von Karma and Gant. At least that's what he claims and he said he was scared by that fact. This probably stopped him from geting further in trouble though since it's not like they could hand out a harsh punishment to him if he already voluntarily quit.

but as for Phoenix I would think trusting his clients is the same thing as Edgeworth trusting the police so I'm having a hard time believing that the prosecutors can have more lenient punishments than the defense attorney's

So who knows? Maybe there is some bias somewhere...

spr fckn srs peepz

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Spoiler:
Could be. I mean just look at how rich the prosecutor's are compared to the defense attorney's. I mean it's insane when Edgewoth ge't more of a payout than Phoenix does. XD

I felt that Edgeworth left voluntary though because he thought he was becoming too much like Von Karma and Gant. At least that's what he claims and he said he was scared by that fact. This probably stopped him from geting further in trouble though since it's not like they could hand out a harsh punishment to him if he already voluntarily quit.

but as for Phoenix I would think trusting his clients is the same thing as Edgeworth trusting the police so I'm having a hard time believing that the prosecutors can have more lenient punishments than the defense attorney's

So who knows? Maybe there is some bias somewhere...

Spoiler:
Personally, it's just that Phoenix doesn't take the cases with the big payoffs... mostly because he knows the client he's defending will be guilty.

Just try to tell me that Grossberg isn't well off. TRY IT~.

http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Spoiler:
Grossberg seems to be the only exception I guess, but even he doesn't dress as fancy as the prosecutors. Heck it seems everyone is poorer than the prosecutors in PW. Heck just look at Gumshoe. You'd think for everything he does he'd be getting paid more.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

This doesn't need a spoiler tag!

Grossberg had a pretty big office, a few lawyers working for him, and his own secretary. And he was making enough to pay off Redd for fifteen years--he had to have been doing pretty well. And Kirihito is described as being very successful.

Phoenix was always poor 'cause he was really picky about defendants (and always ended up doing charity cases). I think there was a joke about it in GS4 somewhere...

Anyway, just because they don't dress in frills doesn't mean they're not making as much as Edgey. Edgy
ImageImage

What is my liiiife?!?

Not to mention Grossberg could hire someone to paint a picture of him/buy an expernive painting. Anyway, Nick made more money as a lawyer than as a 'Pianist', and he had Minuki to look after as well. Did he live on shoes? Or Did he find Gumshoes secret Noodle Stash?

Actually if we're going by that Phoenix is probably making more as a hobo than he ever did as a lawyer.

Makes you wonder how he could afford all of those burgers for Maya.

Still I guess you're right Grossberg was very successful in comparison, but since we usually only see Phoenix it's not hard to imagine that... well overly frilly prosecutors tend to get more money considering they can afford more expensive fancy outfits than... well Phoenix's suit...

I think it's just supposed to be a joke and not take seriously guys (kinda like half the stuff in the series).

Just a few questions I've had from looking at some spoiler places..

Spoiler: This seemed like a blooper..
If it's believed at the start of GS4 that Phoenix was thrown out as a lawyer for forging evidence, and this is only disproved *during* GS4-4 - why ON EARTH would the court, *prior* to the start of GS4-4 have allowed Phoenix to organise the jury trial and to be the one who presented all the evidence to the Jury!!???

Spoiler: Gameplay question on 4-4..
Someone posted that if you haven't gotten everything right so far, the Jury don't all support a Not Guilty verdict and Makoto dies in hospital. Does that mean that you can be left having made a mistake at the very start of the case, losing to the jury, not knowing where your mistake was and having to play through the entire case again?

Spoiler: Regarding Kirihito..
Why did he kill Kagerou? Or is he just lying when he says he didn't know he was Zakku?

Lolwut?

I was skimming through a bunch of Japanese fansites and found something I thought was kinda strange--it is probably nothing but I thought I'd ask:

Spoiler: Regards Kirihito--Kinda morbid
On several of the sites, I see some fan-made comics and art--Kirihito and a dog. He sticks out his hand for the dog and it bites him--then sometime in the near future, the dog's head is on a platter (not literally, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the dog isn't there no more...)

I normally would just pass by it, but I saw several sites with a similar comic or pic--dog bites him, dog go bye-bye.

Is this just some morbid fascination with Kirihito's malevolent nature or is something brought up in the game about this... or am I just losing what is left of my sanity?

Too lazy... hur hur.

"What is this...?"

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any of that among the Japanese sites I browsed (Kirihito attempting to cook and failing, Kirihito naked, Kirihito and Odoroki in some sort of mushy short love story, Krihito acting like a girl, but not any with a dog in it)
ImageFuture Edgeworth!

Lolwut?

Now I know I am losing it...and if I see one more :garyuu: :kyouya-pull: incest thing I am gonna start banging my head against the wall...

Which will probably be very soon after I post this.
Too lazy... hur hur.

Well at least it isn't :odoroki: :hobohodo: MI RITE?

Built For The Kill

Aetheryn wrote:
Now I know I am losing it...and if I see one more :garyuu: :kyouya-pull: incest thing I am gonna start banging my head against the wall...

At least it isn't MINUKI X MR. HAT. >___<
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

Lolwut?

Orcaizer Al wrote:
Aetheryn wrote:

At least it isn't MINUKI X MR. HAT. >___<

Pardon me while I leave to bash my head in with a mallet.
Too lazy... hur hur.

F.O.E.

hyphz wrote:
Just a few questions I've had from looking at some spoiler places..

Hi there first time poster, hope you still come here :godot:

hyphz wrote:
Spoiler: This seemed like a blooper..
If it's believed at the start of GS4 that Phoenix was thrown out as a lawyer for forging evidence, and this is only disproved *during* GS4-4 - why ON EARTH would the court, *prior* to the start of GS4-4 have allowed Phoenix to organise the jury trial and to be the one who presented all the evidence to the Jury!!???

Spoiler:
If that was the only thing wrong with 4-4... it's illogical and self-contradicting no matter how you try to explain it.

hyphz wrote:
Spoiler: Gameplay question on 4-4..
Someone posted that if you haven't gotten everything right so far, the Jury don't all support a Not Guilty verdict and Makoto dies in hospital. Does that mean that you can be left having made a mistake at the very start of the case, losing to the jury, not knowing where your mistake was and having to play through the entire case again?

Spoiler:
I think I was the one whose post you read - it might have been a bit misleading, but in 4-4 the gameplay is just like every other case. If you do something wrong, the judge penalizes you and you can lose simply going to the game over screen if you run out of "health". This means you can't proceed if you get something wrong, so if you make it to the end, you can win (you can also have the court postponed by selecting "guilty", and then (and only then) Makoto dies). However, you also have to get so far to win. People misinterpreted some other comments on 4-4 as if you could just mess everything up and still just select "not guilty" in the end, which you can't.

hyphz wrote:
Spoiler: Regarding Kirihito..
Why did he kill Kagerou? Or is he just lying when he says he didn't know he was Zakku?

Spoiler:
Kagerou decided not to let Kirihito defend him, but Phoenix instead. Kirihito killed him out of hurt pride after ruining Phoenix' career, and tried to set Phoenix up as the murderer, just because of hard feelings towards the two.

Spoiler:
I really hate to think of what Kirihito would have done to Phoenix and Odoroki if Masaka had been convicted of the murder. :udgy:

Video Game Veteran / M.U.G.E.N.

Well I played, and just finished GS4. But there's something in the 4th case that concerns me.

Spoiler: GS4 Case 4
In the flashback scene, it plays GS1/PW-AA original music. So, does that mean this case takes place after the 5th case of GS1/PW-AA? Because I thought the flashback scene is supposedly takes place after GS3/PW-AA-T&T. But with the GS1/PW-AA music, it seems to me that it probably takes place after PW1 case 5.

Also, did anyone notice there are NO police guards at the front doors in the defense lobby room scene, during the flashback trial?

This probably as already been mentioned, somewhere, but I just thought about pointing it out. If not, then I wanted to say that anyways. :phoenix:

SCIENCE!

N-Mario wrote:
Spoiler: GS4 Case 4
In the flashback scene, it plays GS1/PW-AA original music. So, does that mean this case takes place after the 5th case of GS1/PW-AA? Because I thought the flashback scene is supposedly takes place after GS3/PW-AA-T&T. But with the GS1/PW-AA music, it seems to me that it probably takes place after PW1 case 5.

Spoiler: GS4
They probably used GS1 music because the GS1 music had already been adapted for the DS. The flashback case takes place after GS3, considering character ages and the gargantuan plotholes (those plotholes being the entirety of GS2 and most of 3) that would result otherwise.

Alright..... Well the only other explanation is that they already had GS1 ported to the DS at the time of GS4's development (where I assume neither PW2 or PW3 had been ported to DS yet), which is why they used the GS1/PW-AA music.

Spoiler: Maybe, minor spoiler?
During the new Minuku examination system, when you point out a part of a witness body, What does Odoroki's "Sokoda" translate to in English?

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Sokoda! translates to Right There!
fuck

DarzieP wrote:

Hmm.... It'll be interesting to hear that from an English VA for H.Odoroki, sometime when it reaches the states.

I was thinking it would be something like "There it is!" since he is pointing it out. But my thought is kind of close to what it actually translates to.

Struck by a blunt objection

N-Mario wrote:
DarzieP wrote:

Hmm.... It'll be interesting to hear that from an English VA for H.Odoroki, sometime when it reaches the states.

I was thinking it would be something like "There it is!" since he is pointing it out. But my thought is kind of close to what it actually translates to.

Right There sounds better.

Ad we already have the grafics!

:right-there:

I don't know but... do you think that maybe they only added in case 5 to the GS1 DS version just to introduce us to Ema who would be in GS4, and you know make it seem like she just didn't come out of nowhere?

Harbinger of Grief

I guess that could be quite a sensible reason.

I haven't played GS4 yet, but just by looking at what Phoenix has become, I feel kind of reluctant to try it out.

Gavin Texas Ranger

Mikker wrote:
N-Mario wrote:
DarzieP wrote:

Right There sounds better.

Ad we already have the grafics!

:right-there:

Thanks to me, of course...

Overruled?

Kitana wrote:
I guess that could be quite a sensible reason.

I haven't played GS4 yet, but just by looking at what Phoenix has become, I feel kind of reluctant to try it out.

Yeah, as of right now the plot dosen't excite me much. I'm going to hold out until AA5's plot is revealed before I decide to get into Apollo's series or not. Hopefully it'll fix things wrong with AA4.

On a side question about this topic, why is everyone hdiing their posts in spoilers when the title of this topic implies there's going to BE spoilers in it? :eh?:

:whip!:

IZSBHR wrote:
I don't have the game, but...

Judging by the sound of this, the whole "new main character" thing is a ploy. Phoenix'll be back as the main character in GS5, I'm sure. Most likely Maya and other PW characters will be back as well.

Lord, I hope so. I don't understand all the spoilers and stuff but I'm not terribly excited about this game :|

So most PW characters aren't in the Apollo Justice game? Like Maya/Mia/Pearl (I understand she COULD be)? Frannie? Edgeworth? Ugh that makes me sad :(

IZSBHR wrote:
Judging by the sound of this, the whole "new main character" thing is a ploy. Phoenix'll be back as the main character in GS5, I'm sure. Most likely Maya and other PW characters will be back as well.

The creator said he was done with Phoenix after GS3 was done. So the idea that it's just a ploy is unlikely.
fuck

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

After a while I was convinced by others (Like Darzie P) That Phoenix is all used up. Theres nothing left they can do with him. I cant wait to play as some one new.... but I still think they could have named him better >.>
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

Spoiler:
in the flashback case in 4-4: what if you don't present the page? what if you just purposely present wrong evidence and lose? wouldn't this happen? -phoenix has a 12-2 win record, he never becomes a hobo and gs4 never happens.

just a thought :phoenix:

What is my liiiife?!?

Since it was a flashback, even if you conciously fail, it still happened. We're just being shown what happened, so we're not actually in charge of the action, we are passengers on a journey of discovery.

操纵距离程度的能力

Yuu-chan wrote:
*Shoves Yuu Chan To the side*

This is a thread for GS4 Spoilers. You may chat away to your hearts content here about the latest secret stuff. However, while this is the thread for spoilers, the spoiler tag is to be used. It sounds contradictory, but that's the way it's going to be.

I'm so sorry...I know it due to my poor English but I didn't really get it. :sob: Actually even now I know what the word "spoiler" means because I saw a lot of them in the posts it still doesn't make sense to me when I look for it in the dictionary =_=|||||||

Well...I just have a few question here. Is it free to discuss stories and characters in Prosecutor's Lobby?Or should I use a spoiler?

In the other boards, may I discuss GS4 under a spoiler which has a tag of warning? (like in the post of "which character you like in GS?"Or I should just never try that?
You can call me whatever you want:3

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Do not discuss GS4 in any board but the Prosecution Lobby. If it's just to say "I like Apollo" that's fine, but if you want to talk about the cases, do it in here.

If you make a topic in the Prosecution Lobby that talks about spoilers (such as, who the killer is) put "spoiler" in the title. If a thread has "GS4 spoilers" in the title, you don't have to use tags inside that thread.

That counts for this thread by now as well. You don't have to tag spoilers in this thread.
ImageImage

操纵距离程度的能力

oh, now I understand the rules clearly, thanks a lot~^-^

俺の黄金の魔女

Aetheryn wrote:
I was skimming through a bunch of Japanese fansites and found something I thought was kinda strange--it is probably nothing but I thought I'd ask:

Spoiler: Regards Kirihito--Kinda morbid
On several of the sites, I see some fan-made comics and art--Kirihito and a dog. He sticks out his hand for the dog and it bites him--then sometime in the near future, the dog's head is on a platter (not literally, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the dog isn't there no more...)

I normally would just pass by it, but I saw several sites with a similar comic or pic--dog bites him, dog go bye-bye.

Is this just some morbid fascination with Kirihito's malevolent nature or is something brought up in the game about this... or am I just losing what is left of my sanity?

Half a year later, I finally remember that this was asked. The dog in those pictures is Vongole, an amusing little bit of fanon that came from 2ch. The joke is that Vongole was Kirihito's only friend, but ended up biting his hand and leaving that nasty scar we see later on.

The butler is the culprit!

Wow. I'm puzzled that how did you got this all info? :eh?:

The game's been out in Japan since April 07. A decent amount of our population, Croik included, speak Japanese and that's how we got the info.
fuck

操纵距离程度的能力

I don't know any Japanese, but the game in Chinese was available three months later than the Japanese one, all translation works were done by a group of fans.

It's really enviable that you can play an official game in your own language, despite it takes quite a long time to wait. :sadshoe:

Hi, really cool board, just a quick question here. I've read over a fair amount of this thread, and I've been spoiled for a fair amount of the game. Not enough to ruin the enjoyment of it, but mainly stuff I was just really curious about.

There's one thing I couldn't find out. I know I could answer this by playing the game in a couple weeks, but I'm wondering about Phoenix's status at the very end of GS4/AJ and I'm impatient to find out.

Spoiler:
I've heard that he's vindicated regarding the falsifying evidence issue but does this mean he actually has a chance to be reinstated? And is that even indicated as something he wants, or is that part of his life over?

I'm sorry if these answers were readily available, there's just so many topics with so many pages. Thanks!

Edit: I just realized that this probably should have been posted in the "one question" topic, sorry!
Page 14 of 17 [ 679 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)