Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 6 of 21[ 834 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next

Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

I know, Wright?

AdvanceStratagist wrote:
Do they say at all how many years the Gramarye's had been that popular?

Not exactly, but Apollo mentions that he remembered seeing them on TV as a child in one of the cases. If we assume that they needed to be 'that popular' to get on TV, and that 'child' means someone about 10 or younger, we can conclude using Apollo's age that the Grammarye Troupe were top-tier magicians from at least 2013 on (possibly earlier), which was 5 years before the State vs Galactica.
Wesley Stickler (case 2 spoilers)Topic%20Title

◕ ◡ ◕

Somewhere in the trial, he says he snatched Plum's panties and then reported a crime. I'm assuming it was Wocky and Meraktis in the park. If that was true, why would he go all the way around the park to confront them? He could have just walked straight into it, and he wouldn't been on the other side of the park, where Meraktis would've turned his head left.
Re: Wesley Stickler (case 2 spoilers)Topic%20Title

Great Scott! This is Heavy!

I think it was because he didn't wanna risk being seen by Trucy. So he took an alternate route.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Doc

Spriting phailure

Yeah, he did say an alternate path... But the alternate path was going behind the Agency, where he ended up passing the Kitaki mansion and stealing Plum's bloomers.

Hm... Maybe he just freaked out and decided to throw the panties away, and failed to notice Meraktis coming in. Then when he turned around, Wocky came in, and that's when Wesley saw the crime. :payne:

I have many yaoi OTPs which overlap... And most of which involve the Gavins.
I do write/support yuri and het from time to time though.

◕ ◡ ◕

I guess I didn't explain clearly.

Stickler took an alternate route to avoid Trucy, yes, but in court he shows on the diagram the route he took, to the Kitaki Mansion, where he stole Plum's bloomers. It's kind of vague. According to him, this is the route he took to avoid the Wright Anything Agency and be able to steal the bloomers:

Stickler then says he "reported the crime." Of what crime, I am unsure. If he walked directly into the park right after he stole the bloomers, he would see the part of the stand that says "ELDOON," where, if he shouted out, Meraktis would turn his head to the left. The only way he could have turned his head to the right (to be shot in the right temple) was if Stickler took this route:

Which he didn't, because he needed to avoid Trucy. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe I misunderstood it, but it still wouldn't make sense. If he never took the first route, he wouldn't have the bloomers. And if he never took the second route, he wouldn't be able to dispose of the bloomers and witness the crime as it happened.

Hmm, a conundrum.

I think that after getting the bloomers he went into the park and walked until he got to the garbage can. Then, Dr. Meratics came in with the huge cart. Wesley wouldn't have paid any mind to Wocky before since he was just standing there.

◕ ◡ ◕

I don't think so. What crime did Stickler report after stealing the bloomers, then?

And it was mentioned several times that Stickler happened upon the scene, Meraktis didn't come to him.

The official Cactuar/Chaos Man since '05

Spoiler: Case 4-4 (The Hospital Staff are Deaf! or Stupid.)
7 years prior to the case, Magnifi sets a test for his 2 diciples Zak and Valant. He wants to see which of his diciples would shoot him in the forehead. First Zak Comes to his hospital bed, at 11:05, but shoots a stuffed clown, instead of Magnifi. Then Valant comes at 11:20 but ends up not shooting Magnifi. A few minutes later Magnifi shoots himself in the Forehead.
Now my question is, Why did no one in the hospital hear the Gunshot at 11:05 or the Gunshot After 11:20? And even if they did, Why did no one Come to see what the comotion was, or if Magnifi was ok?
Last time I Checked, Pistol Shots were pretty loud.

Last edited by DCtc on Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Four is Death

Broken tags.

Silenced pistols, probably.

A Kodac moment.

So, if no one has any objections to my slippers and paint contradiction, then I guess that wraps that one up. There is no reason to why there is paint on the bottom of the slippers, Alita took them off after taking a step out of the noodle stand, and then promptly threw them out in the trashcan AWAY from the paint. Contradiction found! =D

Also, someone mentioned a good point about 4-3. What was Lamiroir doing in that end of the ventillation shaft, anyways? Why couldn't she just stay where she last appeared in her performance? There is no reason for her to crouch through the vents.

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip

PCHOOO

Poltergust wrote:
So, if no one has any objections to my slippers and paint contradiction, then I guess that wraps that one up. There is no reason to why there is paint on the bottom of the slippers, Alita took them off after taking a step out of the noodle stand, and then promptly threw them out in the trashcan AWAY from the paint. Contradiction found! =D

Also, someone mentioned a good point about 4-3. What was Lamiroir doing in that end of the ventillation shaft, anyways? Why couldn't she just stay where she last appeared in her performance? There is no reason for her to crouch through the vents.

Both of these have been explained at least once, the first one several times.

DCtc wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4-4 (The Hospital Staff are Deaf! or Stupid.)
7 years prior to the case, Magnifi sets a test for his 2 diciples Zak and Valant. He wants to see which of his diciples would shoot him in the forehead. First Zak Comes to his hospital bed, at 11:05, but shoots a stuffed clown, instead of Magnifi. Then Valant comes at 11:20 but ends up not shooting Magnifi. A few minutes later Magnifi shoots himself in the Forehead.
Now my question is, Why did no one in the hospital hear the Gunshot at 11:05 or the Gunshot After 11:20? And even if they did, Why did no one Come to see what the comotion was, or if Magnifi was ok?
Last time I Checked, Pistol Shots were pretty loud.

This is actually something I was wondering myself while playing the game. It's not like the hospital staff wasn't there. Usually there is at least a couple of nurses in the hospital during night time too.

Allan's Aokage wrote:
Silenced pistols, probably.

That sounds like an easy explanation, but I can hardly see it as the thruth. In the pictures taken at the scene of the "crime", we can't see silencers anywhere. Also, Magnifi shot himself AFTER Valant had left the room. Valant heard the shot when he even wasn't there and came back after hearing it.

I know silencers only make the bang smaller, but it won't really reduce the sound to zero. That said, whether or not a silencer was used, the staff would have heard a noise.

Nego wrote:
That sounds like an easy explanation, but I can hardly see it as the thruth. In the pictures taken at the scene of the "crime", we can't see silencers anywhere. Also, Magnifi shot himself AFTER Valant had left the room. Valant heard the shot when he even wasn't there and came back after hearing it.

I know silencers only make the bang smaller, but it won't really reduce the sound to zero. That said, whether or not a silencer was used, the staff would have heard a noise.

I belive Valent said that he was standing in the hallway when the shot went off. The shot could have been loud enough to be only heard outside the door.

PW1337

I don't know if this has been posted before or if it is correct.

Spoiler: Case 3
You find Lamiroir's Brooch, and then you have to present it to her to confirm that it belong to her after the murder occurs. How can she confirm that it is indeed hers if she is blind?

PW1337 wrote:
I don't know if this has been posted before or if it is correct.

Spoiler: Case 3
You find Lamiroir's Brooch, and then you have to present it to her to confirm that it belong to her after the murder occurs. How can she confirm that it is indeed hers if she is blind?

Blind or not, I guess she noticed her brooch was missing. She could have been just assuming it was her brooch, as she knew she had dropped it.
Spoiler: Some gibberish...
Of course she can't be sure about it, but could she really say it's not hers when people think she's not blind? That would have been easily caught and she would have had to explain why she thought that brooch wasn't hers. That would have went to the revelation of her blindness.

Poltergust wrote:

Okay! Finally played through to that point in 4-2! Here's a transcript.

Spoiler: Transcript
<Flashback from Alita's point of view in the stand>

Alita: Funny. This isn't the way it was supposed to turn out.
Alita: Oh well. Too bad.

<crowd murmurs>

Judge: There's still one mystery...
Judge: How did you manage to disappear from that stand?
Alita: In the silence after the shot, I heard the witness running...
Klavier: I believe we heard as much from Wesley Stickler.
Klavier: He went to use a public phone to inform the police.
Alita: ...Which is when I made my escape.
Apollo: Which is when you left that slipper print!
Alita: Dr. Meraktis didn't bother taking my slippers off.
Alita: I threw them out after I stepped in that paint, though.
Apollo: ...That was your mistake.
Alita: No. My biggest mistake...
Alita: ...was coming to you for help, Mr. Justice!

Alita did say she threw her slippers "out" after stepping in the paint, but she doesn't say where. I'll stand by my previous explanation of Alita throwing them away in the street or somewhere and then Little Plum coming along and throwing them away in the trash can. The case description was just being a little too specific and assumptive I suppose.

A Kodac moment.

Darn it, I was so close! I will find a contradiction someday...! :yani-fist:

*runs off to find another*

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip

I know, Wright?

My sister's playing 4-3 still (she's slow :edgeworth:), and she told me that in the concert video when it shows a full shot of the stage, Machi isn't at the piano. I'll to look for myself later to see if she isn't just blind, but that could kind of half be a contradiction maybe.

Spriting phailure

Nah, Machi's at the piano. It's just hard to see him until you get to see the close-up shot of him playing.

I know, Wright?

Thanks for saving me the trouble :butzthumbs:

Actually, you can see Machi at the piano only during the time it gets a close up to him. You can't see him in the shot taken further away. There isn't anyone behind the drums either although Klavier said during the case that there was also a drummer on stage during the second act.

Spriting phailure

Nego wrote:
Actually, you can see Machi at the piano only during the time it gets a close up to him. You can't see him in the shot taken further away. There isn't anyone behind the drums either although Klavier said during the case that there was also a drummer on stage during the second act.

He also says there was a bassist but you never see the bass at all :payne: Except the case.

Anyway, something else I found odd in that case. When Lamiroir is singing, and she Valant was standing next to Klavier, you can see Klavier's guitar start to flame a little, a few seconds before she "vanishes." So... Wouldn't Klavier have kinda... noticed his guitar heating up?

Gorgeous and Abandoned

Spoiler:
Case 4-2
Apollo mentions that he read up on a case about a cloth found in a muffler leading to a breakthrough. This is obviously referring to case 1-5. He remembers that detail, but he doesn't even remember Ema Skye's name? That seems too unlikely...

Lurker turned Member

You can see Machi if you look closely enough. He's only in a sillouette though, probably because they didn't want to have a clear video of him while he's supposed to be pressing the button.

Cenek Asdis wrote:
Spoiler:
Case 4-2
Apollo mentions that he read up on a case about a cloth found in a muffler leading to a breakthrough. This is obviously referring to case 1-5. He remembers that detail, but he doesn't even remember Ema Skye's name? That seems too unlikely...

Things like crucial evidence in tailpipes stand out whereas plain old names like Ema Skye don't. Her name isn't even a pun, heh! Apollo probably read up every single one of Phoenix's trial records (except his last one), so it's not surprising if the names just sort of blurred together.

Four is Death

Maro-chan wrote:
Nego wrote:

He also says there was a bassist but you never see the bass at all :payne: Except the case.

Anyway, something else I found odd in that case. When Lamiroir is singing, and she Valant was standing next to Klavier, you can see Klavier's guitar start to flame a little, a few seconds before she "vanishes." So... Wouldn't Klavier have kinda... noticed his guitar heating up?

If his guitar's made of wood, heat travels slowly through it. Although I have no idea what guitars are normally made of, or what Klavier's was.

I'm Lauren Order, and I'm fine!

I have a contradiction:
Spoiler: 4-4
All right, during the flashback, we see that Phoenix used the fabricated journal page. However, because Magnifi was writing in a journal, couldn't either Phoenix or the detectives and investigators have examined it fully? If they had, they most likely would have been able to find out what the real page said by looking at the imprints made on the next clear page. An explanation could be that Magnifi did not press hard enough to make an impression on the next page. However, that's pretty hard to avoid doing. Your thoughts?

Don't be a Phony Phanty... save Bum Rap Rhiny today!

Team Stepladder

Lauren Order wrote:
I have a contradiction:
All right, during the flashback, we see that Phoenix used the fabricated journal page. However, because Magnifi was writing in a journal, couldn't either Phoenix or the detectives and investigators have examined it fully? If they had, they most likely would have been able to find out what the real page said by looking at the imprints made on the next clear page. An explanation could be that Magnifi did not press hard enough to make an impression on the next page. However, that's pretty hard to avoid doing. Your thoughts?

Though, if you think about it, Magnifi was pretty weak and old, having both lung cancer and diabetes and being in, what, his late 60's? It's possible that he couldn't put his journal on the bedside table and bend over it to write, so instead he just wrote with the journal up perpendicular to his body and wrote while he held it. He couldn't press very hard then without moving the journal...

But, it is a little sad that no one thought of that. Unless the police didn't notice the torn pages, since Phoenix was the one who pointed it out. (Klavier, I'm sure, knew and just didn't present it.)

Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?

Spriting phailure

And besides, Phoenix had just gotten it right before court, and then Klavier had Drew testify, so the police probably didn't think about investigating the page any further.

Anyway, I found something else odd in Case 4...
When you go in the Mason System and talk to Zak, right before they go start their poker game, Phoenix seems surprised to see Olga... But then in the credits, Olga acts like she has a job at the Borscht Bowl Club. Huh? I mean, it's understandable that she'd pretend in 4-1, but still...

Roman Law Ace Attorney

I have a Question!

Spoiler: AJ
Why all the Great characters only last a game? Then never appear again, are executed or just dead...

Enjoying the best of Law! IN SPACE!
Ace Attorney in training

Love isn't for everyone...

I noticed something peculiar about Klavier's guitar playing. When in court, he plays air guitar from time to time, but he plays it left-handed. However, during the Guitar's Serenade performance, he was clearly playing his guitar right-handed. <_>

Maro-chan wrote:
Anyway, I found something else odd in Case 4...
When you go in the Mason System and talk to Zak, right before they go start their poker game, Phoenix seems surprised to see Olga... But then in the credits, Olga acts like she has a job at the Borscht Bowl Club. Huh? I mean, it's understandable that she'd pretend in 4-1, but still...

Spoiler:
In court Olga says that she had just recently gotten the job at the restaurant, she had been hired only a few days prior. So in the flashback, Phoenix is suprised to see her likely because this is the first time he's seen her working there. It was just a nice little throwback to the first case, since Phoenix doesn't know what the players know.

Izanami- A character in Japanese mythology...NOT 'I'm a Nazi' backwards.

Four is Death

Leo Aldwulf wrote:
I noticed something peculiar about Klavier's guitar playing. When in court, he plays air guitar from time to time, but he plays it left-handed. However, during the Guitar's Serenade performance, he was clearly playing his guitar right-handed. <_>

So?

I air-guitar left hnaded, and play it right-handed. When your playing on air, you don't need to use your better hand~

Or he could be ambidextrous.

Spriting phailure

Aha! I think I found something this time!

In 4-3 Ema says she's been on security detail all night. Now, she and Apollo are hanging around in the backstage hallway when they hear the "gunshots." So if Ema's been backstage this whole time (she also says she was supposed to be making sure no one unrelated got into the dresssing rooms), then shouldn't she have heard the real shots during the second act?

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Maro-chan wrote:
Aha! I think I found something this time!

In 4-3 Ema says she's been on security detail all night. Now, she and Apollo are hanging around in the backstage hallway when they hear the "gunshots." So if Ema's been backstage this whole time (she also says she was supposed to be making sure no one unrelated got into the dresssing rooms), then shouldn't she have heard the real shots during the second act?

Nice point :] Unfortunately it doesn't work too well.

At that time the second set was playing. If you go to the mixing board (after they let you play Guitar Serenade) you'll see that you can't even hear the gunshot unless you turn everything down and isolate Lamiroir's voice. There's a possiblity that the gunshot, coming from the room, might have been block off by the music.

Also Ema might have not been around that area the whole time. Remember there's an opposite backstage (where the small window on Lamiroir's wall is). Ema might have been there, but she probably didn't pay attention to the window. That and Klavier said that the small window on that wall is sound-proof, so she might have not heard anything.
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D

Last edited by WhiteElephant on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spriting phailure

Ah, right. I almost fprgot about the backstage speakers there :payne:

But if Ema had been by the backstage window, she still would have been able to see through it even if she couldn't hear through it. So, she still could have seen Daryan shoot LeTouse...

She also had to chase off non-involved people a few times according to her testimony. When it happened, she could have been giving a peeved lecture at those dang whippersnappers! :raygun:

Aha! Something I finally found >8D

Spoiler: 4-1
Name: Phoenix has super knowledge (AGAIN?!)
Description: Okay so according to what we know about the murder it goes like this:

1. Phoenix and Shadi were playing a card game, while Olga (dressed up in her Russian disguise) was watching.
2. After Shadi searched Phoenix and found that the trap card (the Five of Hearts) was not there he got mad at Olga and hit her with the grape juice bottle (which amazingly did not smash).
3. Phoenix tells Shadi to wait downstairs while he makes a call (how Shadi did not think that Phoenix, an ex-lawyer, would call the cops is beyond me).
4. Shadi sits down in the swivel chair (facing the poker table) and then Kristoph comes out of the secret compartment.
5. Kristoph quickly grabs the glass bottle, Shadi turns around to face him and Kristoph smashes the bottle on Shadi's head (either the hat falls off, or Shadi took it off- I forgot). Blood then drips on the Ace of Spades.
6. Kristoph takes the bloody ace (which he noticed) and leaves the scene before Phoenix makes it back downstairs.

The problem is with point 6.

My question is this- How did Phoenix know about the Bloody Ace if Kristoph took it?

Possible(?) Explanation: The bloody ace never existed and Phoenix just assumed thats what happened. But I don't think Kristoph would have shake like he did if he knew it didn't exist.

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

That one's easy: He did what all lawyers have to do quite frequently (for lack of decisive evidence; there rarely is any left, unless the criminal was really dumb, and Kristoph is most certainly NOT): Deduce. Remember, Phoenix was playing the game. He knew where the cards were, and that there were three aces on the table. We know at some point he saw the crime scene afterwards, after Kristoph had switched the cards. He knew someone had clonked Shadi, and he knew that Shadi's hand was different; an ace had been replaced by a different card. He saw that Shadi had been bleeding, knew where his head would have been, and knew the only reason why a murderer would take a playing card from the crime scene: because it was bloody, and incriminating.

In essence, he was doing what he always does: Working through the crime.

Ah I see XD That part slipped my mind I suppose. I wonder how long the police takes to get to crime scenes in the world of PW/AJ. It seemed like a long time to do all that, but ah well I'm just rambling :B
Page 6 of 21 [ 834 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)