Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 5 of 21[ 834 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
 


Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

This was answered earlier I believe.

When she got out of the stand, the ground was wet and there was a leaf right under her foot. Being wet, the leaf stuck to her sandal when she stepped on it but left the leaf impression in her footprint. She then proceeded to walk back to the Kitaki Mansion with the leaf still attached to her sole. Meraktis had spilled the paint on his way home earlier, so when Alita tried to enter the gate, she stepping in some paint and the leaf came off, thus leaving the leaf silhouette in the paint under her sandal. The order in which paint and leaf got on her sandal has been confusing people for some reason.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

A Kodac moment.

Gender: None specified

Location: Yeah, right...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Posts: 349

Gwiffen wrote:
This was answered earlier I believe.

Spoiler:
When she got out of the stand, the ground was wet and there was a leaf right under her foot. Being wet, the leaf stuck to her sandal when she stepped on it but left the leaf impression in her footprint. She then proceeded to walk back to the Kitaki Mansion with the leaf still attached to her sole. Meraktis had spilled the paint on his way home earlier, so when Alita tried to enter the gate, she stepping in some paint and the leaf came off, thus leaving the leaf silhouette in the paint under her sandal. The order in which paint and leaf got on her sandal has been confusing people for some reason.

Please mark your spoilers...

Spoiler:
There is a problem with that. Alita couldn't have entered the gate with her slippers still on. She took them off and dumped them into the trash can AWAY from the gate (and the paint). She would have entered the gate bare-footed.

Image

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

Spoilers? Ha. This was addressed earlier too.
Croik wrote:
This thread has spoilers. This entire board has spoilers. They are all tagged as having spoilers in them.

If you haven't finished the game, stay out of the spoiler threads, seriously. We shouldn't have to tiptoe around discussing the plot because you can't read the thread title :P

Alita didn't throw them away. Little Plum did. She "made use of public facilities" or something like that, meaning that she threw the junk away in the public trash can. Alita probably just took them off and left them outside the gate.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

A Kodac moment.

Gender: None specified

Location: Yeah, right...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Posts: 349

Gwiffen wrote:
Alita didn't throw them away. Little Plum did. She "made use of public facilities" or something like that, meaning that she threw the junk away in the public trash can. Alita probably just took them off and left them outside the gate.

The "Case Descriptions" on the main site would like to have a word with you. =P

It is clearly stated that Alita herself was the one who threw away the slippers. Besides, why would she want to leave incriminating evidence in plain sight anyways? She would definitely throw them out.
Image

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

Not too sure if this has been mentioned so I'll just post it anyway 8D;;

Name: Polly forgot 2nd grade math?
Case: 4-2
Description: When you go to Phoenix at Hickfield Clinic after meeting up with Ema for the first real time (and not being able to get any information from her) Phoenix mentions that he met her during a case about ten years ago. Then Polly says that would make her about the same age as him. But according to the profiles Ema is 25 and Polly is 22. Was Polly just being stupid or did he forget how to add/subtract XD?

Not really a huge spoiler in any way so no spoiler tags~
Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

Poltergust wrote:
The "Case Descriptions" on the main site would like to have a word with you. =P

It is clearly stated that Alita herself was the one who threw away the slippers. Besides, why would she want to leave incriminating evidence in plain sight anyways? She would definitely throw them out.

Hm, I'm replaying case two at the moment, so I'll keep a lookout for that particular statement. I don't seem to remember it being explicitly said, but I do remember Little Plum saying she threw stuff away. I'll get back to you on that.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Gwiffen wrote:
Hm, I'm replaying case two at the moment, so I'll keep a lookout for that particular statement. I don't seem to remember it being explicitly said, but I do remember Little Plum saying she threw stuff away. I'll get back to you on that.


I can admit to the possibility that the case description is wrong... >.> Lemme know what you find please <3
ImageImage
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Chain Smoker

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts: 46

WhiteElephant wrote:
Not too sure if this has been mentioned so I'll just post it anyway 8D;;

Name: Polly forgot 2nd grade math?
Case: 4-2
Description: When you go to Phoenix at Hickfield Clinic after meeting up with Ema for the first real time (and not being able to get any information from her) Phoenix mentions that he met her during a case about ten years ago. Then Polly says that would make her about the same age as him. But according to the profiles Ema is 25 and Polly is 22. Was Polly just being stupid or did he forget how to add/subtract XD?

Not really a huge spoiler in any way so no spoiler tags~


And not really a Huge contradiction, if you think of it. That would make him only a little younger. 3 years can be, arguably, considered not so much of a difference. Its more a matter of opinion, do you think Apollo should have considered her far from his age?
Image
I'm guilty of it, Really.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 39

Since no one noticed my first two contradictions I'll re post them



There are 2 things wrong with the photo of Mr Hat attacking Trucy:

1)The "attacker" has large sleeves that are long enough to cover the end of the glove. However Trucy dosn't wear sleeves and Mr. Hat's sleeves are almost skin wood tight and didn't reach the gloves.

2)Where does Mr. Hat get that knife from? It's not Wocky's shiv(look at the handle and the shape.) Unless Trucy carries a knife.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am

Posts: 25

Koolkevk wrote:
Since no one noticed my first two contradictions I'll re post them



There are 2 things wrong with the photo of Mr Hat attacking Trucy:

1)The "attacker" has large sleeves that are long enough to cover the end of the glove. However Trucy dosn't wear sleeves and Mr. Hat's sleeves are almost skin wood tight and didn't reach the gloves.

2)Where does Mr. Hat get that knife from? It's not Wocky's shiv(look at the handle and the shape.) Unless Trucy carries a knife.


Those aren't the only things wrong with the picture, certainly. Before I even noticed those details, it bothered me that Trucy was apparently screaming while throwing her voice for Mr Yakuza!Hat. I assume that dramatic shot was just artistic license.

Given her daddy's less than inspiring boundaries, however, it would not surprise me at all if she carries a shiv. The Wonder Bar must be a seedy place if it attracts weirdos like :study:
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

call me crazy

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Posts: 1152

There isn't really spoilers in this one...

Trucy is still in school. High school presumably. Being that the game takes place around (after Case 1) June-August timeline (unless I'm wrong and didn't pay attention)...we can easily assume Trucy is on summer break explaining why she's not at school or something and is just always hanging around Apollo.

However you must remember, the Japanese version takes place in Japan itself. The average summer break in Japan when you're in high school is a whooping 40 days only. That, and I believe the students do receive an overload of homework within that period. So is Minuki skipping school or what?

(And if I screwed up the month timeline, that can cause problems, too, in the American version to for latter cases that take place beyond June...)
Image


Last edited by Watatata~! on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am

Posts: 25

Watatata~! wrote:
However you must remember, the Japanese version takes place in Japan itself. The average summer break in Japan when you're in high school is a whooping 40 days only. That, and I believe the students do receive an overload of homework within that period. So is Minuki skipping school or what?


Mr Hat: Im in ur cloak, doin ur homework! :minuki:

Seriously, though, well-spotted! State vs. Wright is in April, and State vs Misham in October. That's a long summer even for Americans. :) Is Daddy's work ethic rubbing off on Truce?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Koolkevk wrote:
Since no one noticed my first two contradictions I'll re post them



There are 2 things wrong with the photo of Mr Hat attacking Trucy:

1)The "attacker" has large sleeves that are long enough to cover the end of the glove. However Trucy dosn't wear sleeves and Mr. Hat's sleeves are almost skin wood tight and didn't reach the gloves.

2)Where does Mr. Hat get that knife from? It's not Wocky's shiv(look at the handle and the shape.) Unless Trucy carries a knife.


The shot of the attacker is just for dramatic effect. If they showed it with skinny little wooden arms that would ruin point of trying to trick everything. It's not really a contradiction so much as a minor detail you're meant to gloss over, because she's trying to trick people into not knowing it's Mr. Hat.

And I find it highly likely that Trucy simply skips school when Apollo has a case. After all, they happen months apart. She wouldn't have missed all that much school.
ImageImage
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am

Posts: 25

Croik wrote:
And I find it highly likely that Trucy simply skips school when Apollo has a case. After all, they happen months apart. She wouldn't have missed all that much school.


You're right, now that I think about it. I remembered Trucy was always in the office with Apollo to take up the case-- but after all, she already had an excuse for staying home each time:

4-2 -- Daddy had been hit by a car, and so she cut class to look after the office by day.
4-3 -- The murder happened the night before, so she cut to tail the lawyer.
4-4 -- Daddy prepared the case himself, and probably told her to cut class lest she miss something interesting. XD

So it does work out.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I know, Wright?

Gender: Female

Location: Helluva-fax, New Scottishland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Posts: 806

thirdgirl wrote:
4-4 -- Daddy prepared the case himself, and probably told her to cut class lest she miss something interesting. XD

:lol:

Hobo Nick would so do that.

I have a few that might kind of count as contradictions (if you squint and turn your head) that I posted a while ago in the Apollo Justice Loose Ends thread.

Spoiler: 4-1
Olga testifies that Nick stole Shadi/Zak's locket, but it never says why. He probably took it to ensure that no one found out that Zak Gramarye had returned, but still. Nick had no reason to take it before Zak was murdered, yet he allegedly leaps across the table and attacks him for it. Wtf? Is he that desperate for pictures of mini-Trucy?

Spoiler: 4-4
It doesn't explain why Drew Misham used the poisoned stamp to send that letter to Kristoph, or how he knew to send it to Kristoph in the first place (he never met the client). He doesn't have any stamps in his drawer, so he uses his daughter's treasured commemorative stamp? I find that hard to believe.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Raw Rock Kills

Gender: Male

Location: Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

Posts: 304

Spoiler: 4-3
If there were two Lamoirs doing the trick, then the real one would have been under a part of the stage the whole time, so:
1. How did Lamoir "see" the murder if she was always at one end of the air vent and
B) How did she drop her brooch?

HAHA!

Image
chargin his legalz

Image
--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I know, Wright?

Gender: Female

Location: Helluva-fax, New Scottishland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Posts: 806

Leo_GreaterGood wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3
If there were two Lamoirs doing the trick, then the real one would have been under a part of the stage the whole time, so:
1. How did Lamoir "see" the murder if she was always at one end of the air vent and
B) How did she drop her brooch?

HAHA!


Spoiler: 4-3
She wasn't 'always' at one end of the air vent. She was in the process of running from one end to the other when she heard the shots. As for her brooch, it probably just fell off because it wasn't put on very well.


I also found two more for that case:

Spoiler: 4-3
How did LeTouse know that Lamiroir was the witness? Even if it was possible to see her through the air vent, he was shot on the other side of the room, so there would have been a partition in the way.

Spoiler: 4-3
How did Machi's prints get on the air vent? He had no reason to go anywhere near it, let alone touch it. He also had no opportunity to; he was playing his piano at the time of the murder, and after the third set he was in the Gavinners' dressing room with Lamiroir. If he had gone to Lamiroir's dressing room after the second set, he would have found the body. The only time he could have possibly touched the vent was before the show, but maintenance was being done to the air vents before the show. The only way he would have been able to get his prints on the air vent would be if he was a maintenance worker, but if that were the case he probably would have worn gloves.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Raw Rock Kills

Gender: Male

Location: Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

Posts: 304

Marshmello wrote:
Leo_GreaterGood wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3
If there were two Lamoirs doing the trick, then the real one would have been under a part of the stage the whole time, so:
1. How did Lamoir "see" the murder if she was always at one end of the air vent and
B) How did she drop her brooch?

HAHA!


Spoiler: 4-3(1)
She wasn't 'always' at one end of the air vent. She was in the process of running from one end to the other when she heard the shots. As for her brooch, it probably just fell off because it wasn't put on very well.


I also found two more for that case:

Spoiler: 4-3(2)
How did LeTouse know that Lamiroir was the witness? Even if it was possible to see her through the air vent, he was shot on the other side of the room, so there would have been a partition in the way.

Spoiler: 4-3(3)
How did Machi's prints get on the air vent? He had no reason to go anywhere near it, let alone touch it. He also had no opportunity to; he was playing his piano at the time of the murder, and after the third set he was in the Gavinners' dressing room with Lamiroir. If he had gone to Lamiroir's dressing room after the second set, he would have found the body. The only time he could have possibly touched the vent was before the show, but maintenance was being done to the air vents before the show. The only way he would have been able to get his prints on the air vent would be if he was a maintenance worker, but if that were the case he probably would have worn gloves.


Spoiler: 4-3(1)
Why was she in the process of running from one vent to another? It would be pointless.

Spoiler: 4-3(2)
LeTouse had his earpiece on and probably heard Lamroir mess up and then assumed that she "witnessed" the crime.

Spoiler: 4-3(3)
After the murder, Machi Tobaye went into the dressing room while Daryan was still in there. Daryan saw Machi and tried to kill him (The gunshots Apollo heard), and so Machi escaped through the air vent. I don't think this was explained in the case. O.o

Image
chargin his legalz

Image
--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

PCHOOO

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Posts: 1285

Wh-whaaaaaaaat!? You've decided that since you don't know the answer to a question you'll just make something up? :grey: Look, all of these latest contradictions have been addressed before. Read through a bit of the topic and see if you can't find the answers. If not I'll hunt 'em down or re-explain them.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I know, Wright?

Gender: Female

Location: Helluva-fax, New Scottishland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Posts: 806

Leo_GreaterGood wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3(3)
After the murder, Machi Tobaye went into the dressing room while Daryan was still in there. Daryan saw Machi and tried to kill him (The gunshots Apollo heard), and so Machi escaped through the air vent. I don't think this was explained in the case. O.o


Um... I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

Spoiler: 4-3
The gunshots Apollo and Ema heard were the fire crackers going off.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Raw Rock Kills

Gender: Male

Location: Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

Posts: 304

Marshmello wrote:
Leo_GreaterGood wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3(3)
After the murder, Machi Tobaye went into the dressing room while Daryan was still in there. Daryan saw Machi and tried to kill him (The gunshots Apollo heard), and so Machi escaped through the air vent. I don't think this was explained in the case. O.o


Um... I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

Spoiler: 4-3
The gunshots Apollo and Ema heard were the fire crackers going off.


Oh. Those were my assumptions btw. ^^ Eh, sorry.
Image
chargin his legalz

Image
--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:12 am

Posts: 1

I noticed a "visual contradiction". Sorry but I don't have a screencap to back it up. At the detention center, you are separated from the prisoner by a glass window right?
Spoiler: 4-4
But when you interview the young Valant, one of his animations(see Valant spoiler animation #5) has him pointing his staff right through the said window.

I guess my assumption was wrong?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 am

Posts: 53

basil wrote:
I noticed a "visual contradiction". Sorry but I don't have a screencap to back it up. At the detention center, you are separated from the prisoner by a glass window right?
Spoiler: 4-4
But when you interview the young Valant, one of his animations(see Valant spoiler animation #5) has him pointing his staff right through the said window.

I guess my assumption was wrong?


Spoiler:
He's a magician. He obviously just made the glass disappear.

Izanami- A character in Japanese mythology...NOT 'I'm a Nazi' backwards.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Raw Rock Kills

Gender: Male

Location: Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

Posts: 304

But doesn't Apollo say in 4-3 "(Oh, that's right, Tucy's in Junior High. Wow, I feel old...)"?
Image
chargin his legalz

Image
--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Quote:
Spoiler: 4-1
Olga testifies that Nick stole Shadi/Zak's locket, but it never says why. He probably took it to ensure that no one found out that Zak Gramarye had returned, but still. Nick had no reason to take it before Zak was murdered, yet he allegedly leaps across the table and attacks him for it. Wtf? Is he that desperate for pictures of mini-Trucy?


Spoiler:
That happened right after Zak tried to cheat. I like to think it was a moment on Phoenix's part of "You asshole, she's MY daughter now....!!" or something XD;; In the Mason System Phoenix does say he wanted to protect Trucy from the Gramaryes because of their horrible history.

Orrrr he could just have wanted to cover up the truth of who Zak really was.


Quote:
Spoiler: 4-4
It doesn't explain why Drew Misham used the poisoned stamp to send that letter to Kristoph, or how he knew to send it to Kristoph in the first place (he never met the client). He doesn't have any stamps in his drawer, so he uses his daughter's treasured commemorative stamp? I find that hard to believe.


Spoiler:
Because he was desperate. Brushel had just half blackmailed him into getting an interview, insisting that he had information about the forger case. If you read Drew's letter he says, "I swear on my life I won't tell them about you" - it sounds to me like he was afraid of the mysterious client retaliating, should any information about the case leak out. Drew knew that Kristoph had given Vera something, and that she still had and was depending on it seven years later. It could have been anything and you can't blame him for being paranoid.

As for how the letter got to Kris in prison...it's hard to say, because the envelope has a fake name on it. It may be that Kris fed Vera an alias, with an address that led to another residence of his...? And then it was simply forwarded to the prison? Either that or he had an accomplice of some sort, but that seems highly unlikely.

ImageImage
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Raw Rock Kills

Gender: Male

Location: Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

Posts: 304

Spoiler: 4-1, 4-4
Why did Shadi try to cheat Phoenix out of winning, anyway? O.o I thought he and Phoenix were friends. Maybe I just don't remember and he mentioned it.

Image
chargin his legalz

Image
--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I know, Wright?

Gender: Female

Location: Helluva-fax, New Scottishland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Posts: 806

Leo_GreaterGood wrote:
But doesn't Apollo say in 4-3 "(Oh, that's right, Tucy's in Junior High. Wow, I feel old...)"?


... What's your point?
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

call me crazy

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Posts: 1152

Is that somehow related with the "Trucy skips school" conversation earlier or something else entirely?
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 39

Leo_GreaterGood wrote:
Spoiler: 4-1, 4-4
Why did Shadi try to cheat Phoenix out of winning, anyway? O.o I thought he and Phoenix were friends. Maybe I just don't remember and he mentioned it.

For two reasons.

1) Phoenix (and Magnifi) was the only one to beat him at poker before so he could have had some sort of grudge.
2) Phoenix had the big long win record and Zak could have known that he was using Trucy to cheat and didn't want his daughter used that way so he tried to bring him down.

I think that 2 is more likly but it could be both of them.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spriting phailure

Gender: Female

Location: Owensboro KY

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Posts: 936

One for 4-3/4-4:
So, Valant says they never found Thalassa's body... So how the heck did she wind up in Borginia anyway? Unless Magnifi shipped her over there but that seems kinda stupid, he wouldn't blackmail his students if he knew his daughter was alive.
Image

I have many yaoi OTPs which overlap... And most of which involve the Gavins.
I do write/support yuri and het from time to time though.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 am

Posts: 53

Maro-chan wrote:
One for 4-3/4-4:
Spoiler:
So, Valant says they never found Thalassa's body... So how the heck did she wind up in Borginia anyway? Unless Magnifi shipped her over there but that seems kinda stupid, he wouldn't blackmail his students if he knew his daughter was alive


Dunno if we still need spoiler tags so...

Spoiler:
I believe this will be something that will be answered in a later game. My guess is that Magnifi hid the truth about what happened to her, and was blackmailing his students with her "death". As for how she got in Borginia? Haven't a clue, but again, it will probably be answered later.

Izanami- A character in Japanese mythology...NOT 'I'm a Nazi' backwards.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lurker turned Member

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Posts: 231

I just had a thought concerning why Zak wanted to set Phoenix up. Olga was under the assumption that "Shadi Smith" wanted to bring down the poker legend. But I think Zak wanted to find out something else.

Zak had vanished after Phoenix may or may not have "cheated" by forging the diary page. I think that it's possible the planted card had something to do with his trial. Maybe to see how he reacted to the planted card, maybe just as a way to bring up the subject, I dunno. But then when Phoenix hid the card away, and then they couldn't find it, Zak got worked up over losing his chance to see his reaction, or whatever he was hoping to do, and took it out on Olga. Phoenix left right after that saying he would call the police quick and then come right back. We don't know just what Zak did after that, but eventually he sat himself back down. Maybe he was calming himself down, when a certain little secret passage opened, and he got smacked on the head with a bottle.

That's my thought anyways.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Posts: 2155

I found a pretty general contradiction, which involves basically the whole game and Justice For All.

What ever happened to Max Galactica? I mean, in Justice For All he is stated to be the best magician out there and he even won the Grand Prix. However, in Apollo Justice, the Troupe Gramarye is stated to have been the best magicians there were. This was back when Phoenix was still an attorney which means they were the best of the best also during the time of JFA. But how could they have been the best of the best, when Max was also considered as the best of the best. Does anyone have an explanation for this or can we say this is a contradiction? :eh?:
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lurker turned Member

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Posts: 231

It could be embellishment on both parties, and maybe a bit of generalizing. Of course Max is going to claim to be "the best" and not just one of the best, and same thing with the gramarye's. I think it's safe to say they were both really well known, and both sides liked to embellish a bit on it.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Posts: 2155

AdvanceStratagist wrote:
It could be embellishment on both parties, and maybe a bit of generalizing. Of course Max is going to claim to be "the best" and not just one of the best, and same thing with the gramarye's. I think it's safe to say they were both really well known, and both sides liked to embellish a bit on it.

The thing is, Max and the Gramaryes weren't the only one's to say they were the best of the best. If Max wasn't the best, why would he have won the Grand Prix and even got an enourmous raise? Also, Phoenix states in AJ:AA that the Gramaryes used to be the best magicians out there during those years. They even weren't the only one. Heck, the Gramaryes even got their very own stamp during that time!

But yeah, it might be that they were equally good and both parties just liked to say they were better than the others. I just keep wondering why would Max have won the Grand Prix if Gramaryes were the best during that time.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 39

Perhaps a person (or a group) can only win the Grand Prix once? Then it would be possible for them both to have won the award. Otherwise, whoever was better would have just won every year not letting the other have a shot.

Or maybe, Troup Gramaryes lost the title that one year.

Or maybe(yeah lots of maybes) the Grand Prix can only be won by solo acts and not groups.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Not that it clears up the debate or anything, but at one point (I don't remember where) Valant mentions something about Troupe Gramarye winning the Magician's Grand Prix (I think it was when he was in the detention center in the MASON System, but I'm not sure). I thought it was cool that they mentioned that, actually.

Maybe Max winning was just a one-time upset?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lurker turned Member

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Posts: 231

Actually, does it say in there at all when they won the grand prix? If it was just recent, then maybe Max had won it 2 years before then, and the Gramarye's won it after that. Do they say at all how many years the Gramarye's had been that popular?
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Posts: 2155

AdvanceStratagist wrote:
Do they say at all how many years the Gramarye's had been that popular?

It is stated in the game that the Gramarye's had been very popular for several years.
Spoiler: 4-4
Thalassa even died in the rehersal about two years prior to the flashback case, which means they had been around for many years before.
Before the troupe came along, Magnifi was stated to be the best magician out there. This means there was someone even better than Matt before Matt even was a professional magician.

And yes, it is possible that one magician or magic group can win the Grand Prix only once, but it isn't stated in the game to be the case.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

It may be that they coexisted because they were two different kinds of magicians. The Gramaryes were stage magicians who often appeared on TV, while Max only ever worked for the circus.

And I'm pretty sure that Valant did mention getting a bust, so maybe he and Zak won the Grand Prix the year after Max...? Either way, they do describe Magnifi's fame having lasted for the past twenty years, so he had to have been around before Max.
ImageImage
Page 5 of 21 [ 834 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO