Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 4 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 76  Next

Re: PW: The Contempt of Court - Turnabout ScapegoatTopic%20Title

Previously Cardiovore

Scent wrote:
Quote:
Since you're ahead of scene17, it probably won't take effect.
Try adding the line to the beginning of "scene28Dmenu.script". Since you're in that part of the game, try moving to the Wright & Co. Law Offices and then check your profiles.

Nothing.

??? I tried it myself and it worked...
I'm sorry, unless you're including the quotations when you're adding "addev titus2$" I'm afraid I can't think of any other way.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Apollon Flame

EUREKA!
It finally worked! :keiko:
A King

in name

alone...

Previously Cardiovore

Scent wrote:
EUREKA!
It finally worked! :keiko:

Spoiler:
Yey! :gant:
Now show him to Brisbane, talk with him some more, then go to Verglas Bridge.
Enjoy the rest of the game!

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Did you update the download with that fix Cardiovore?

Congrats on another release. One away from being finished, which is pretty amazing!
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Previously Cardiovore

saluk wrote:
Did you update the download with that fix Cardiovore?

Congrats on another release. One away from being finished, which is pretty amazing!

As found at the bottom of the main post, I have included very simple instructions to fix the missing-Titus-profile error.
But if enough people think I should reupload it, then I will.

And thanks for your praise, by the way! :garyuu:

EDIT: On second thought, maybe I will reupload it with the Titus fix.
Those who already have downloaded the game can find what to do on the main post.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I feel slightly lucky I haven't been able to download TS with these errors. If I had come across them, I probably would have screamed at my computer :karma:. Only one more day to go till a review Cardiovore.

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
I feel slightly lucky I haven't been able to download TS with these errors. If I had come across them, I probably would have screamed at my computer :karma:. Only one more day to go till a review Cardiovore.

Yup, third time lucky. :garyuu:
And thanks, I'll be looking forward to it.

EDIT: The Titus error has been fixed in the new upload.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Apollon Flame

After playing the 3/4 DEMO, it warrants a very spoiling question:
Spoiler:
When is the next part coming? :keiko:

Anyhow, loved Brisbane's character and all the suspense in the game but...
Spoiler:
Even though it takes quite the eye to notice, impostor Krump's eyes were very revealing.

A King

in name

alone...

Previously Cardiovore

Scent wrote:
After playing the 3/4 DEMO, it warrants a very spoiling question:
Spoiler:

Anyhow, loved Brisbane's character and all the suspense in the game but...
Spoiler:
Even though it takes quite the eye to notice, impostor Krump's eyes were very revealing.

Spoiler:
Quote:

I haven't started it yet. I've decided to take a break from it for a week or so (working on a solo project 24/7 is hard work), but it'll happen. :phoenix:
And thanks for being the first to comment on the new version!

Quote:

Oho, you ARE eagle-eyed. Well noticed! :redd:
Then again, Phoenix notices near the end...
I know what you're thinking... But are you correct? Hmm...

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Apollon Flame

Spoiler:
Quote:
I haven't started it yet. I've decided to take a break from it for a week or so (working on a solo project 24/7 is hard work), but it'll happen. :phoenix:
And thanks for being the first to comment on the new version!

For working solo, its quite "teh" game! :will:
Quote:
Oho, you ARE eagle-eyed. Well noticed! :redd:
Then again, Phoenix notices near the end...
I know what you're thinking... But are you correct? Hmm...
*ahem* Thank you! I have a vision of 20/20! :odoroki:
I think Wellington would have died not ever noticing his eyes. :wellington:

Spoiler: VERY SPOILERISH THOUGHT! DO NOT READ!
According to the case's intro, someone murdered Krump. Afterwards, we see him, but five years earlier... BLUE-EYES WHITE DRAGON KRUMP!!! Then the present is RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON KRUMP!!! And Nick did detect a smell of rubber on him, suggesting that he wears a mask, so, its Vex Vulper avenging his "perfect" record, which Krump accidentally help in breaking, but I assume that was because Vulper possibly didn't revise his testimony.

Also, by the next statement, you won't call me eagle eyed:
Spoiler: ANOTHER SPOILERISH THOUGHT!
On occasions, when Vex would burst and his hair would be mess, there was something near his forehead, something that looked like his hair but, its a scar, Vincenzo convinced me of that. :javado:

And the hair of the person that attacked Vincenzo is similar to Vulper's, so, it wouldn't be the first time Vulper would go against Cicatrice, but that also means that White was black-mailing Vex so, Vex must have forged evidence and Redd must have come by this info, so, Vincenzo's scar!

*Edgeworht bow* That is all.
A King

in name

alone...

Previously Cardiovore

Spoiler: Response to Scent's spoilerish thoughts - also spoilerish
Oho, I see you've took the time to think about it!
I won't tell you if you're right or wrong (nor will I explain any reasons behind anything until the final part comes out; you have to find out for yourself) but I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to try and solve it! :redd:

Where did the killer get the Vinnie mask? How exactly is Redd White connected to the case? What happened between Krump storming out and the police finding his body 20 minutes later?
Some riddles to keep you entertained until the next part :wellington:
Once again, many thanks for your comments and playing the game! :garyuu:

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

It's very tempting to click on those spoilers but I'll patiently wait until tomorrow so I can comment on the game :karma:. Also, is this the full release of Turnabout Scapegoat?

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
It's very tempting to click on those spoilers but I'll patiently wait until tomorrow so I can comment on the game :karma:. Also, is this the full release of Turnabout Scapegoat?

Ah, no, sorry... it's the first three quarters. Well, more like four-fifths, as there's one more long trial portion left to go.

As I said to Scent in the spoiler tag, (and I quote):
"I haven't started it yet. I've decided to take a break from it for a week or so (working on a solo project 24/7 is hard work), but it'll happen. :phoenix:"
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

great update, I wish I could put this game on my ds :will:
Sig.

I am going to scream- the server has decided once again to crash and I can't get it to download. Anyone in possession with it, feel like doing a Mediafire upload?

EDIT: It suddenly decided to work! Downloading now.

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
I am going to scream- the server has decided once again to crash and I can't get it to download. Anyone in possession with it, feel like doing a Mediafire upload?

EDIT: It suddenly decided to work! Downloading now.

I know, Ceres informed me about this a while ago.
I'm trying to reupload it now. If it still won't work, I'll try RapidShare.

Apologies. :sadshoe:

EDIT: I'll inform you all when it's uploaded (AGAIN) and I've checked it to make sure it works.

EDIT 2: It works again?! Doesn't for me...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Megaupload's server keeps on crashing. That is the major problem. Okay, now I'm going to go play it, so stay tuned for a review.

EDIT: Plus, for the last hour and a half, I just repeatedly refreshed the megaupload page...

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
EDIT: Plus, for the last hour and a half, I just repeatedly refreshed the megaupload page...

Wow, that's determination... :damon:
I look forward to the review.

EDIT: The download link now works again!!

EDIT 2: There has been another mistake in the new upload!!! :beef:
In intro.script, change "script scene39" to "script scene1".
I'm not uploading this for a fifth or sixth time, I'm sorry. At least not tonight.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Apollon Flame

Cardiovore wrote:
EDIT: The download link now works again!!

Um, Cardiovore? Seeing as how you've had some problems with Megaupload, why not use other file hosters? There's always:

Free file hosting and online storage

But if you'd like, only use it as a plan B. :redd:
A King

in name

alone...

I just had to open Scent's spoilerish thoughts didn't I! Anyways I stopped reading after the first sentence. From what I have seen now, you have vastly improved the case. It's great!
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

*Yawn* I'm finished with the game Cardiovore. That was the most entertaining fan case I've played in a while. It was simply amazing in terms of the plot, character development and how you used the engine. I wrote down notes as I was playing, so enjoy.

Spoiler: Comments on the Game (Includes possible spoilers)
    I didn't like the music in the opening when Titus was killed. It was too...different, I believe.
    You managed to hide the save and load icons, so that was really cool.
    Typewriter noise and all other noises are much softer and better than before.
    Snow's 'oldbag' chatter at the start was hilarious. I also enjoyed his revamped laughing sprite. It was great.
    Great job on that fix when the investigation options appear. You added the character, instead of leaving it blank, so great job.
    Display Profiles on the right- it's cleaner and the AA games rarely display profiles/evidence on the left.
    Great job on adding the evidence box. It made a Pywright fan game feel even closer to simulating a PW game.
    The pressing button (to progress) started to stuff up at Verglas Bridge...again.
    Vulper and Brisbane (older)'s music were great. They fit their character personalities really well.
    Vulper's new poses are very good. I really like the revamped versions.
    The new Verglas Bridge map was really good, though at the start, it overwhelmed me due to the bright colours used as you didn't colour it before however, it looks much better.
    When Vinnie asks why the cloth was found on the bank, you used his zoom position but did not use speedlines.
    Snow's second testimony was very...lengthy. There were too many contradictions packed into one, though it fit.
    Young Snow's damage emotion is the same as his thinking.
    Vulper reminded me of von Karma when he was penalized. It was great, so well done!
    You need to fix the co-ordinate problem- I only managed to do it as I followed the advice you gave Nose and then I
    opened Photoshop to find the coordinates using the rectangle marquee tool.
    Vulper is Crane's (the victim) step brother? Wow...that's an interesting way to make Vulper have a reason as to why he killed Crane. I believe there were several comments from Demo 2 about this before...
    You used an evidence box for everything but the cross-section drawing of Verglas Bridge.
    You made the effort to adjust the background according to the time, for eg. Nieville (snowing, day and night), however you didn't change the Visitor's Room when Vincenzo called Phoenix there at 2:30 AM.
    Phoenix's new objection music is quite catchy :godot:
    After Phoenix asks for Titus to rectify his testimony, you spelt amend wrong. You spelled it ammend.
    After you are called to Nieville by Snow after Titus escaped, when the investigation options appear and you click talk, his basic normal pose sprite changes slightly. Have a look as the shading is very different.

Spoiler: Massive Spoilers
So we learn that Titus is an imposter because of the eyes difference. That I guessed quite easily- there was something different about Titus and having a closer look, I noticed the eyes as the red eye colour is unique to only one character so far in TS. Having said that, I believe Imposter Titus is Vex who is getting revenge on Vincenzo for many reasons.

I believe that Vex is the subordinate of White and like Scent, share the same reasons as to why he is the assassin White sent after him. I think that he might be acting on White's orders still when they met each other again in prison (or even before that) and because of his connections, White got a sculptured mask of Vincenzo and Titus and gave Vex a mission. He escaped prison- and I believe he did so by having one of White's underlings mask around as him wearing one of those masks.

So in one line, here is my review.

Congratulations! It was amazing!

I look forward to the final installment of TS.

Last edited by Tap on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've only made it a few minutes in, but I really have been struck by how well-done this case is! I usually don't like the intros in AA cases, but yours made me want to play the case more! It definitely makes a huge difference to have all of the art tailored to the game, as well as music from other sources than just AA games (I am definitely spending some time on VGMusic now to find some good songs :) ). Snow is hilarious, too!

I'm looking forward to meeting Vinnie and Vex. I'm *really* not far, but I thought it warranted a comment regardless, in case I don't get around to finishing for a while :P

There is only one thing: does PyWright support "fastforward" speed for text? I read pretty quickly, and first playthroughs of AA games can be irritating because I'm done reading before the game will let me go on. I've just let someone else play through my copies of AA games before I do, but that's probably not going to work with TS.

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc --
Spoiler: Responses
I didn't like the music in the opening when Titus was killed. It was too...different, I believe.
I was trying to find something to match the whole "one dark night..." scenario. It was the closest one I found. I personally don't mind it, but I welcome other opinions.

You managed to hide the save and load icons, so that was really cool.
That was a problem I faced when I ripped the real Court Record button from the graphics PNG on Court-Records: I kept accidentally clicking load and save. Thanks to saluk, I found a way to get rid of the buttons.

Typewriter noise and all other noises are much softer and better than before.
As you can see, I had to code the "scene-introduction textbox" differently to include the real typewriter sound, but I think I pulled it off.

Snow's 'oldbag' chatter at the start was hilarious. I also enjoyed his revamped laughing sprite. It was great.
I felt I had to include a laughing animation for Snow.
I would've made the text for his "oldbag rants" scroll faster, but the next text-speed up is too fast.

Great job on that fix when the investigation options appear. You added the character, instead of leaving it blank, so great job.
To fix that, I had to make backgrounds that consisted of the character on top of the background, as you can check out for yourself.

Display Profiles on the right- it's cleaner and the AA games rarely display profiles/evidence on the left.
Will do. I used to display evidence and profile icons on the left and right to show which character was holding what (left for Phoenix, right for on-screen character).

Great job on adding the evidence box. It made a Pywright fan game feel even closer to simulating a PW game.
Thanks!
It was a pain in the arse to keep making them though.

The pressing button (to progress) started to stuff up at Verglas Bridge...again.
I noticed. It happens at any random time when you examine or present stuff.
This is a PyWright bug, and I can't do anything to stop it at the moment :yuusaku:

Vulper and Brisbane (older)'s music were great. They fit their character personalities really well.
I wanted something to coincide with Vulper's demonic personality.
As for Brisbane... I can't think of any words to describe how I thought his theme fitted him; I think it just did.

Vulper's new poses are very good. I really like the revamped versions.
I wasn't sure on adding a "crazy" one, but I felt the need to give him "devil horns" for a foreshadowing effect.

The new Verglas Bridge map was really good, though at the start, it overwhelmed me due to the bright colours used as you didn't colour it before however, it looks much better.
Thanks. After noticing AA maps have colour, I thought I'd spruce up mine... a tad.

When Vinnie asks why the cloth was found on the bank, you used his zoom position but did not use speedlines.
I noticed that when i replayed it once. I've been trying to browse the script to find and fix it, but as you said: Snow's second testimony is very... lengthy.

Snow's second testimony was very...lengthy. There were too many contradictions packed into one, though it fit.
I personally thought I could've split it into three testimonies, but I kinda got carried away. With every statement I typed of the second testimony, I thought "Oh wait, there's ANOTHER thing that's contradictory!" :payne:

Young Snow's damage emotion is the same as his thinking.
You mean the "strained" emotion? I found it quite multi-purpose in that sense.

Vulper reminded me of von Karma when he was penalized. It was great, so well done!
I made a black-and-white gavel animation specially for the occasion. I called it "nooo" :edgy:
I couldn't help making an event where Vulper would freak out over his first penalty.

You need to fix the co-ordinate problem- I only managed to do it as I followed the advice you gave Nose and then I
opened Photoshop to find the coordinates using the rectangle marquee tool.

Yeah, Nose pointed this out in an earlier post. It was because I revamped the map images, and I had to shift everything up so the Killer icon wouldn't be hidden behind the examine bars. Unfortunately I forgot to re-coordinate the region. :payne:

Vulper is Crane's (the victim) step brother? Wow...that's an interesting way to make Vulper have a reason as to why he killed Crane. I believe there were several comments from Demo 2 about this before...
Yeah I know, I needed to create a way in which Vulper would have a reason to kill Crane, as the accusation of Vulper was quite out-of-the-blue. I thought STEP-brothers obviously because of the different surnames.
Jack Crane tells the story much better than I...

You used an evidence box for everything but the cross-section drawing of Verglas Bridge.
Erk... I knew I'd forget at least one evidence to make an evidence box for. As I said, they were a pain in the arse to keep making.

You made the effort to adjust the background according to the time, for eg. Nieville (snowing, day and night), however you didn't change the Visitor's Room when Vincenzo called Phoenix there at 2:30 AM.
The Nieville background was originally night, so it was difficult and lengthy to recreate it in the daytime.
As for the detention center... I never noticed there was a window there..! :beef:

Phoenix's new objection music is quite catchy
Aha, Cadenza FTW :edgy:

After Phoenix asks for Titus to rectify his testimony, you spelt amend wrong. You spelled it ammend.
...Oops.

After you are called to Nieville by Snow after Titus escaped, when the investigation options appear and you click talk, his basic normal pose sprite changes slightly. Have a look as the shading is very different.
The reason for this is that I recently tried to revamp Snow's normal pose (by adding more shading, etc.), and I used it for the background-Snow accidentally.

And as for your ideas... I see you share the same thoughts and suspicions of the case as Scent. :garyuu:

Thanks so much for your review Ptapcc, and I'm glad you liked it so far!
Stay tuned for the final part!

Lynx --
Quote:
I've only made it a few minutes in, but I really have been struck by how well-done this case is! I usually don't like the intros in AA cases, but yours made me want to play the case more! It definitely makes a huge difference to have all of the art tailored to the game

Thanks! I'm glad I've managed to attract attention in the intro, as it's the first thing everyone sees.
To make it look more AA-like, it involved A LOT of background editing and stacking... I'm glad it all works in the end!

Quote:
as well as music from other sources than just AA games (I am definitely spending some time on VGMusic now to find some good songs :) )

I'd make my own music if I had the imagination (and the software), so I kinda cheated and used music from other games and such. :edgy:

Quote:
Snow is hilarious, too!

It was both fun and worrying to write Snow. It was fun giving him sarcastic quips and jokes (e.g. when he draws the smiley face on the body tape, when he rings Phoenix in the middle of the night and pretends to be a telemarketer for a very short time, etc.), but I was doubtful in case he wasn't as funny as I tried to make him be.

Quote:
There is only one thing: does PyWright support "fastforward" speed for text? I read pretty quickly, and first playthroughs of AA games can be irritating because I'm done reading before the game will let me go on. I've just let someone else play through my copies of AA games before I do, but that's probably not going to work with TS.

EDIT: Yes, there is a command that allows text to be skipped. In the intro script, place this line:
set _textbox_allow_skip true

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed it so far!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Thanks so much for your review Ptapcc, and I'm glad you liked it so far!
Stay tuned for the final part!

No problem! It was fun playing it and I'll make sure my internet doesn't decide to cap itself when you release the final part.

Spoiler:
was cadivore taught by manfred? It would explain his hate towards phoenix since he convicted von karma

Sig.

Previously Cardiovore

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Spoiler:
was cadivore taught by manfred? It would explain his hate towards phoenix since he convicted von karma

For a start, Cardiovore is me. I assume you mean Brisbane? :garyuu:

Secondly...
Spoiler: You asked for it...
Yes he was. :karma:
This is to be revealed in The Haunted Turnabout, but it's not exactly a story-crippling spoiler. Just some background to Brisbane.
Well done for noticing! :edgy: You people are getting too clever for me!

EDIT: By the way everyone, new upload links have been added. See the main post for details. These uploads have yet more minor errors fixed and such.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Thank you for the text skip! Everything is so much better now :)

A few errors I've noticed, along with other comments
Spoiler:
-When Snow talks about the investigation being a catastrophic success, he seems to repeat those lines again.
-Not important, but I would think that Grossberg's body outline would be much fatter :keiko:
-"Deep Throat" is 2 words :will:
-During Snow's psyche lock about meeting Brisbane, the textbox when Phoenix presents the wrong evidence and scolds himself says "Snow"

-For some reason (and this may be a PyWright problem), before I asked Marshall about the crime scene, I got a checkmark by it, so I thought that I had heard it already. I was having a really hard time with Snow's psyche-lock, too >_< Fortunately, I was hammering the left click on my mouse and accidentally clicked on "the crime scene," so I finally got the autopsy report and photo.

-Displaying the photo of the crime scene in response to the prompt "prove Snow met with Mr. X" didn't make much sense to me. It was clear the photo was taken before Snow put the smiley face on the outline. The fact that the prosecutor's badge was there and that Phoenix thought it belonged to Mr. X didn't show that Mr. X was there at the same time as Snow - it showed that he had been there before Snow. What made sense to me was presenting Jake as the first piece of evidence, and perhaps using the photo for another question more directed to the prosecutor badge (e.g. "Oh? Well, what does that guy have to do with this case, anyways, mate? He was just some random bloke who talked with me!").
Also, after the psyche-lock, Snow says he's a rubbish detective because he listened to a random stranger, but immediately after that, he says that the "random stranger" was actually the prosecutor for this trial, so he wasn't much of a random stranger in the end.

-I like Vex, much as I expected (annoying prick characters always appeal to me for some reason :yuusaku: ), but another child prodigy prosecutor? I suppose in Britain that's not as ridiculous-seeming, though, since people can become barristers shortly after university? Just curious - I don't know much about the system.

As you can see, I write quite a bit, so I'm probably going to periodically post some feedback as I move forward. I'm just at the beginning of the flashback trial. :)

Previously Cardiovore

Spoiler: Responses to Lynx's comments
-When Snow talks about the investigation being a catastrophic success, he seems to repeat those lines again.
That's been fixed in the new upload.

-Not important, but I would think that Grossberg's body outline would be much fatter
Believe it or not, I knew this ages ago. This is because of the original plot (which is going back about half a year now) which was "was it Grossberg who was really murdered?" Of course, that idea was scrapped, but the bodytape remained :payne:

-"Deep Throat" is 2 words
Because it was a nickname, I assumed it was one word... oops.

-During Snow's psyche lock about meeting Brisbane, the textbox when Phoenix presents the wrong evidence and scolds himself says "Snow"
Eek. Sharp eye. I'll see to that error.

-For some reason (and this may be a PyWright problem), before I asked Marshall about the crime scene, I got a checkmark by it, so I thought that I had heard it already. I was having a really hard time with Snow's psyche-lock, too >_< Fortunately, I was hammering the left click on my mouse and accidentally clicked on "the crime scene," so I finally got the autopsy report and photo.
I've never had that before... Unless you tried to talk to him about the crime scene before you presented the affidavit...

-Displaying the photo of the crime scene in response to the prompt "prove Snow met with Mr. X" didn't make much sense to me. It was clear the photo was taken before Snow put the smiley face on the outline. The fact that the prosecutor's badge was there and that Phoenix thought it belonged to Mr. X didn't show that Mr. X was there at the same time as Snow - it showed that he had been there before Snow. What made sense to me was presenting Jake as the first piece of evidence, and perhaps using the photo for another question more directed to the prosecutor badge (e.g. "Oh? Well, what does that guy have to do with this case, anyways, mate? He was just some random bloke who talked with me!").
Also, after the psyche-lock, Snow says he's a rubbish detective because he listened to a random stranger, but immediately after that, he says that the "random stranger" was actually the prosecutor for this trial, so he wasn't much of a random stranger in the end.

Oops. My first continuity error... :payne:
And about presenting the photo: You're right, it would've made more sense to ask more about the badge. I just wanted to generalise the whole crime scene, hence why I went for the photo.

-I like Vex, much as I expected (annoying prick characters always appeal to me for some reason ), but another child prodigy prosecutor? I suppose in Britain that's not as ridiculous-seeming, though, since people can become barristers shortly after university? Just curious - I don't know much about the system.
Thanks! I wrote Vulper with the image of him being just that. Glad to see it worked! :edgy:
But what would make you think he's English? Snow is, but not any other character.

As you can see, I write quite a bit, so I'm probably going to periodically post some feedback as I move forward. I'm just at the beginning of the flashback trial. :)
I look forward to it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :garyuu:

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

Official art for Snow, Brisbane and Vulper have been added to the main post.

Spoiler: Robert Snow

Spoiler: Erol Brisbane (spoilers)

Spoiler: Vex Vulper

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Random question Cardiovore: If this is only your first case, then can we expect the haunted turnabout to be as twice as long? If it is, then I'm going to scream in joy. Oh and that Vulper art is awesome. I think Vulper is my favourite new OC character.

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
Random question Cardiovore: If this is only your first case, then can we expect the haunted turnabout to be as twice as long? If it is, then I'm going to scream in joy. Oh and that Vulper art is awesome. I think Vulper is my favourite new OC character.

I don't know about that! :gant: I WOULD prefer it longer than T-Scapegoat, but I only have the basic plot at this point in time. When I finish T-Scapegoat and I get round to The Haunted Turnabout, then maybe I can estimate that. :garyuu:

Oh and thanks for the Vulper comment!
I was afraid of him resembling Godot too much...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Finished - I loved it! I think it's much better than a significant number of actual PW cases.
Spoiler: More feedback
-re: Grossberg's outline: I completely empathize :P. There are so many ideas that sound cool, but once implemented, just complicate things to the point that they subtract more than they add.

-A couple of the early testimonies in Vinnie's flashback case require multiple evidence-presents in different places. It'd be nice if Vinnie said something like "(that alone didn't do the trick...)" after you've presented the evidence once, in lieu hearing the whole "he couldn't have stepped back - the footprints don't show it!" convo, among others. I thought the game was glitching up when the Judge just said "continue your testimony" after I pointed out a contradiction.

-If Vex has been a prosecutor for 6 years, why is he still in law school with Erol and Jack? He'd have to have graduated, wouldn't he?

-How did Vex demote Snow after Vex had been arrested? I guess the prosecutor's office is kind of a mess itself, so maybe they didn't care that he was in jail. :P Snow actually really didn't do a bad job, either, especially not compared with Gumshoe and Ema in the AA games.

-I love Erol's personality switch. It's pretty entertaining to see. Though it's not as entertaining as giving Vex a penalty 20 times :)

-I thought splitting the past trial into 2 parts was a good idea. It was a "noooo" moment when I realized that the trial wasn't going to go on, but the good kind, like when a TV show episode ends on a cliffhanger. It's nice to have Phoenix actually meet Vinnie before the flashback trial ends.

-I think it's great that you tied Redd White into the case. He's this character that's set up as uber-important and uber-powerful, but he only appears in one lame case, and is brought down by...feeling badly that someone read some names of people he tormented into killing themselves? I think he's a great mine for plots, but the AA creators just ignored him in JFA and in T&T (where, especially, they could have used him instead of having random fillers, but he ended up being brushed off with "oh and that guy, he's a jerk").

-It took me a while to realize that Vincenzo's scar was a scar and not a stray piece of hair. If you ever go back and mess with the sprites, I'd suggest making the scar more red or something.

-There were a few actual glitches in the game. Sometimes, at Verglas Bridge, my investigation panel just wouldn't appear, and I'd have to load the game. PyWright also crashed several times and kicked me out of the game. Not that any of these things are anyone's fault, but it does undermine the experience somewhat.

I have high hopes for the end of this case and for the next ones! I think the Haunted Turnabout is a great idea, too, since "blame it on ghosts" always gives you a good mystery to solve right from the outset.

Previously Cardiovore

Spoiler: Responses to Lynx's feedback
-A couple of the early testimonies in Vinnie's flashback case require multiple evidence-presents in different places. It'd be nice if Vinnie said something like "(that alone didn't do the trick...)" after you've presented the evidence once, in lieu hearing the whole "he couldn't have stepped back - the footprints don't show it!" convo, among others. I thought the game was glitching up when the Judge just said "continue your testimony" after I pointed out a contradiction.
Yeah... I was originally going to give Snow three testimonies and give Titus another one too... but as I explained in a previous post: I got a bit carried away and ended up writing all sorts of contradictions.

-If Vex has been a prosecutor for 6 years, why is he still in law school with Erol and Jack? He'd have to have graduated, wouldn't he?
I honestly don't know myself... maybe years earlier when Jack met Erol, and a short introduction was made?

-How did Vex demote Snow after Vex had been arrested? I guess the prosecutor's office is kind of a mess itself, so maybe they didn't care that he was in jail. :P Snow actually really didn't do a bad job, either, especially not compared with Gumshoe and Ema in the AA games.
Again, this was something I never really thought much into... Maybe Vulper had White fabricate a "demotion warrant" one day in the visitor's room?

-I love Erol's personality switch. It's pretty entertaining to see. Though it's not as entertaining as giving Vex a penalty 20 times :)
Aha, that's a personal favourite scene of mine: Vulper's first penalty. :garyuu:

-I thought splitting the past trial into 2 parts was a good idea. It was a "noooo" moment when I realized that the trial wasn't going to go on, but the good kind, like when a TV show episode ends on a cliffhanger. It's nice to have Phoenix actually meet Vinnie before the flashback trial ends.
It took me a while to decide whether or not to split it into two parts. And of course WHEN to play each part.

-I think it's great that you tied Redd White into the case. He's this character that's set up as uber-important and uber-powerful, but he only appears in one lame case, and is brought down by...feeling badly that someone read some names of people he tormented into killing themselves? I think he's a great mine for plots, but the AA creators just ignored him in JFA and in T&T (where, especially, they could have used him instead of having random fillers, but he ended up being brushed off with "oh and that guy, he's a jerk").
There were certain things about White I just couldn't help but like, such as his vocabulary and the way he flashes his bling. :redd:
Like with Jake Marshall, he was a character I just had to add!

-It took me a while to realize that Vincenzo's scar was a scar and not a stray piece of hair. If you ever go back and mess with the sprites, I'd suggest making the scar more red or something.
Heh, really?
In any case, that was the reddest I could make it without it looking "fresh" (if you get my drift).

-There were a few actual glitches in the game. Sometimes, at Verglas Bridge, my investigation panel just wouldn't appear, and I'd have to load the game. PyWright also crashed several times and kicked me out of the game. Not that any of these things are anyone's fault, but it does undermine the experience somewhat.
Yeah, PyWright bugs :yuusaku: The non-working button particularly annoyed me.

I have high hopes for the end of this case and for the next ones! I think the Haunted Turnabout is a great idea, too, since "blame it on ghosts" always gives you a good mystery to solve right from the outset.
Thanks! :garyuu: I was afraid of the idea already being taken.
I only have the basic plot (and real plot) of The Haunted Turnabout, but I may be willing to take on volunteers to help with the other three cases (I doubt I could make three more SOLO cases...:payne:).

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Two more games coming up soon

Quote:
I may be willing to take on volunteers to help with the other three cases (I doubt I could make three more SOLO cases...:payne:).

Well, I'd certainly be interested in helping you out with your future cases, if I'm still around by then. On paper, a collab case between you and me sounds like it would be a good idea.
But first I'll have to help Bad Player with his Turnabout CADENZA.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Spoiler: more responses
I honestly don't know myself... maybe years earlier when Jack met Erol, and a short introduction was made?
Yeah, this can more or less be solved by having him have "kept tabs" on people he knew at one time were related to Jack ala Kristoph in AJ. He could still be associated with the law school in a teaching position - law schools often have real practitioners come in and teach short practical skills classes.

Thanks! :garyuu: I was afraid of the idea already being taken.
While I think the idea's been done many times in a general fashion, that's the same as saying "dramatic murder mysteries have been done many times." It's what you do with it that counts :P

I'd be interested in helping in what small ways I can. I'm best at proof editing and writing, and I'm mediocre at art.
As evidence of my interest in the project, I present an edit of Vex Vulper's close-up sprite:
Spoiler: image(s) and explanation
Something had bugged me about Vex's close-up, so I decided to take a look and see what it might have been. Here's what I came up with:

I added some shading, based on how the lighting in the courtroom appears to work in the Phoenix/Edgeworth zoom sprites. Since the lighting seems to come from above, most of their faces are in shade. I also messed with the eye socket area a bit. I don't think it's quite right yet, and I didn't know how best to define his cheekbone. I added an "angry line" by his eyebrow based on random aesthetic judgment - I have a version without the angry line if you want it. I just now checked Apollo and Klavier's sprites, and they have shading more like you originally had, but I figured you were going more for the PW style than AJ.

Feel free to take it or leave it! If it's useful, great! I was just fooling around with pixels. I think the original zoom is fine, but I thought I'd take a shot at it. I need to practice shading, anyhow :will:

Apologies if you didn't want anyone messing with your work; I won't do it again :sadshoe:

Previously Cardiovore

Ping' -- Thanks, that means a lot! Once I finish my first case, I'll let you know. :garyuu:

Lynx -- As with Ping', I appreciate your help. Again, when I'm finished with Case 1, I'll let you know!
Quote:
Apologies if you didn't want anyone messing with your work; I won't do it again :sadshoe:

Don't worry about it, it doesn't look that bad!
When making Vulper's zoom sprites, it was difficult to make his face judging on the fact that I used Godot's zoom sprite as a base.
I can see what you did with the shading, and it's very good!
The only problem is the hair... but that was my fault.

When it comes to the other cases, I wouldn't mind at all about contributors touching up my sprites... If I approve of the end results, of course. :garyuu:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Fantastic work, mate. At
Spoiler: Just in case.
Vulper's testimony.
And I love it. It improved a lot since last demo (Can't believe I said that, for that was also amazing) and I can't wait to play the rest of this demo and every other one. I would also be more than glad to help out in what ever way I can with the next case... I have no evidence of my skills, like Lynx or Ping, but give me about a month and the first case of my game will be out, so you can judge from that. Lot's of luck and expect a more in-depth review later on.
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

Previously Cardiovore

Howdy, pardners. :jake:

After a break from working on the game, I'm pleased to say I've now started work on the final section of T-Scapegoat.
This last part will be the "lengthy final trial portion" of the case.

Progress will be slow due to Sixth Form work, preparations for university later this year, and so on...
But slowly but surely, and my first case will eventually be completed.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:

After a break from working on the game, I'm pleased to say I've now started work on the final section of T-Scapegoat.

Progress will be slow due to Sixth Form work, preparations for university later this year, and so on...

Good luck Cardiovore. When can I start badgering you about Case 2's killer? I can't wait to see the final part of T-Scapegoat.

I don't think I posted it but I can help you out with minor Pywright scripting stuff but that's about it. I'm tied up unfortunately.

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:

Good luck Cardiovore. When can I start badgering you about Case 2's killer? I can't wait to see the final part of T-Scapegoat.

I don't think I posted it but I can help you out with minor Pywright scripting stuff but that's about it. I'm tied up unfortunately.

Thanks very much, but I have the scripting under control for now.
But if I have any multi-frame sprites I need animating, I'll let you know. :garyuu:

I'll very likely be recruiting for the next three cases anyways. You're welcome to volunteer.

Oh and in response to your crossed-out section... I only have one possible plot for that case at the moment. Nothing definite, but it's just one idea.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE
Page 4 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games