Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 2 of 5[ 178 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Reaction to playing as Edgeworth in GS3Topic%20Title

i'll get an avvy later

I was like "OMG I'M GONNA PLAY AS EDGEY OMG OMG OMG"

for these reasons:

1: he's a badass
2: he's half emo half badass
3: rivals in games are badass
4: he's a badass
and the other reasons are that he's a badass

HAIL EDGEY!!!
:edgy: :edgy: :edgy: :edgy: :edgy:
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

Shut up woman, get on my horse

Well, I'd already spoiled half the game for myself (damn you, Wikipedia!), so I knew it was coming, but I still thought that playing Edgeworth was pretty awesome. He's my favourite character, even if he is a little emo. As long as he doesn't start sporting guyliner and trade in that flashy suit for ridiculously tight jeans and a t-shirt, he's alright in my book. xD

Aspiring to Inspire

Fantasmically wrote:
As long as he doesn't start sporting guyliner and trade in that flashy suit for ridiculously tight jeans and a t-shirt, he's alright in my book. xD

He's gonna die from the fangirls first before he can even think about it. XD Crap... If that were to happen... :beef:
It'd be nice if he got glasses, though. I know a lot of us are rooting for it, and he looks really good in them. :grey:
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Pfft, yeah.

I don't remember spoiling myself for the game, but I did know that I could play as Mia Fey and Miles Edgeworth at one point. I grinned wickedly when I played as Mia on 3-1 and 3-4...

But when 3-5 came around, and I caught sight of "Edgeworth speaking" with his own little button; I won't lie, I squealed. Squealed like a hopeless fangirl. -_- But when I actually got to play as Miles, I found it wasn't too different (I think I might have expected fireworks to fly around somewhere, or something). His thoughts did bring out more chuckles out of me than Phoenix's dry sarcasm though. :D

Attorney at Lawl

I played the PW games in reverse order, so I didn't think much of it.

Waiting on Godot...

Spiker wrote:

Awe :( That's not good. PW3 is the fangame after all. You want to be playing that once you're in the fandom and are hooked. Otherwise you don't get all the in jokes. I felt like that playing PW2 first then 1. The idiot store guy gave me the second game when I had the case for the first. I didn't realize till I researched on the net who Franziska was. I was all "When the heck is Miles gonna show up already?" :larry: Never went back to THAT store >.>
ImageImageImageImage

Aspiring to Inspire

Yeah, that was a very bad idea. It's like reading a novel in reverse! Plus, the cases from 1-4 get more and more complicated.

ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

I see that you hate the fact that you guys rushed into the series with the later games.
GROW SOME TOLERANCE NEXT TIME

now,a summary of Edgeworth, from how one would view him if he played the 3 games in order without looking at spoilers

Spoiler: the first three games
When we first saw Edgeworth in 1-2, we thought he was as Phoenix described him before: "A ruthless man who'd do anything to get a guilty verdict". When the trial began, he already made us hate him when he forged the edited copy of the autopsy report, and again when he gave White a last shot for innocence. The spoilers that Phoenix gave us in 1-2 and 1-3 made us think that he knew Edgeworth before, and in 1-4, all was revealed to us about Edgeworth's past, which gave him emo status. After 1-4, there was the bonus case (DS exclusive), and in 2-3 we found out that "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death" and that Phoenix never wanted to see him again, but at the end of 2-3, we find he's alive, and the rivals face off in 2-4, and this time, Edgeworth won, in a legal sense.

In 3-2, he's abroad, and in 3-4, we found out that he was Mia's first enemy prosecutor (unlucky her). But in 3-5, WE GET TO PLAY AS EDGY!!! :edgy: :edgy: but then we remember 1-4 with the earthquake and Mayahlia switches places with Iris, making him go emo again, and the court mainstays come back. And in GS4, he's not there at all, though Ema whines as to why Klavier isn't dignified, like "normal" prosecutors.

and why aren't there any 3-day trials anymore? They were better than this "Trial Former" and "Trial Latter" crap we have now!
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

Waiting on Godot...

Greener223 wrote:
I see that you hate the fact that you guys rushed into the series with the later games.
GROW SOME TOLERANCE NEXT TIME

I wanted the first game first game- didn't you read my comment? The idiot store guy gave me the wrong game. I always play games in order. Specially ones that I don't know if I'd like, and I started playing Phoenix Wright thinking that the fandom was over rated (There was SO much Phoenix Wright fanart even back then O.O ) and that the game would be crap.

...Of course, I was wrong! ;)

Playing it out of sync though for the first two only was kinda cool though, cause Phoenix had amnesia, right? Neither of us had a clue who was talking to us and why XD It was kinda funny to play :) I wish I did play game 1 first though. It'd be nicer to feel sorry for "You forgot who I am" Gumshoe, and wanting to give him a cuddle :)

That is all off topic though so I'm not gonna continue this discussion here *nods*
ImageImageImageImage

Aspiring to Inspire

For the record, I played the game in order, even if I only started seven years after GS's first release. I have to admit that it was fun that all the AA games were up for grabs (before the spin-off came in to break the chain), and I played everything right after one another. Now I feel a big void just waiting for a mere two months...

Back to the topic... Ergo, playing Edgeworth is totally awesome, especially if one knows how the story evolved and lead up to this point. The very act of him standing at the defense bench is proof of how much he's grown as a character. I suppose that's another reason why I enjoyed it so much. :edgy:

ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

sorry for the screw-up dude i meant to the other guy who said it

and the 20-year old edgeworth reminds you so much of Karma, doesn't he?

Greener223 wrote:

Yeah, except Edgeworth's cuter. :bellboy:
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

i'll get an avvy later

ya he's cute like that

i don't understand why there's barely any mia x edgeworth fanfiction in existence

you got an idea that doesnt involve miego?

Waiting on Godot...

There's some young Mia x Bratworth stuff, but it's mostly her giving him a wack over the head type stuff, kinda like with Feenie. I think cause she doesn't really do anything with Miles, and Miego is so canon, there's nothing for Mia x Miles out there.

Hey- if you really want to see it, commission it ^^ I'm sure someone would LOVE to write some ^^
ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

I don't, it's just curiosity.

Miego is like the ONLY surefire canon pairing in the entire Ace Attorney series aka the only pairing crapcom accepts as fact

Waiting on Godot...

There's a few others. Like Ron Delite, and Gumshoe is pretty canon now. The problem is, making them SEEM single makes them more 'available' and appealing as a result
ImageImageImageImage

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

I'd spoilered myself a bit but got so caught up in the murder/Iris stuff/Laurice stuff that by the time I was playing Edgeworth, I was caught off guard and wasn't expecting it.

Initial thought: "YAY! Miles is back!"
Then: "Is there NOTHING this man wouldn't do for Phoenix?"
Then: "Oh, man: I love him even more. His inner monologue is awesome. He thinks like me. He's sarcastic. This is so cool. Must make him look at everything to see his opinions."
Then: "Miles, you idiot, it's like you think Phoenix is in love with Iris... I think you're hastily expecting the worst because you're such a pessimist."

In court: "Whoa: the sibling rivalry stuff is awesome and we have some majorly uncharted territory in the fandom... Franny seems so conflicted about the guy." Also: "Damn, he's funny. And clever. And awesome."

Afterwards: "Shit, that wasn't long enough."

EDIT:

Greener223 wrote:

YES. I forgot to mention that: the dress sense, the arrogance, even the mannerisms... and thinking about that made what was revealed in 1-4 so bloody heartbreaking for me. He at least idolised the man and wanted to be like him so badly that it shaped who he was.

Last edited by LadyLuckDoubt on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyLuckDoubt wrote:
Miles, you idiot, it's like you think Phoenix is in love with Iris

Hah, I got that vibe too.

I thought it was pretty interesting to play as Edgeworth. Didn't really expect it either, and when the picture at the bottom changed and I heard "Edgeworth speaking", I was like, "Well, I suppose this was to happen, since Phoenix was in the hospital and all."

All and all, I thought it was nice to see through another character's eyes for a while (Well, besides Mia, that is.)

i'll get an avvy later

So you're saying that your logic percieved that this would happen?

God, you're such a noob!

Aspiring to Inspire

Arkillian wrote:
There's a few others. Like Ron Delite, and Gumshoe is pretty canon now. The problem is, making them SEEM single makes them more 'available' and appealing as a result

W-wait? Do you mean Ron x Dessie and Gumshoe x Maggey? Or Ron x Gumshoe? )XD

ImageImageImageImage

No avatar yet...soon ;3

I totally spoiled myself by watching a video on youtube D:
Too lazy to make an sig or avatar. Deal with it for a while.

i'll get an avvy later

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Arkillian wrote:

hopefully he didn't mean the latter.
If he did, I'm killing myself

Pretentious? Moi?

Arkillian wrote:
There's some young Mia x Bratworth stuff, but it's mostly her giving him a wack over the head type stuff, kinda like with Feenie. I think cause she doesn't really do anything with Miles, and Miego is so canon, there's nothing for Mia x Miles out there.

Hey- if you really want to see it, commission it ^^ I'm sure someone would LOVE to write some ^^

That sounds fantastically cute - I can't believe I've never hear of it!

Waiting on Godot...

Greener223 wrote:
Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Arkillian wrote:

hopefully he didn't mean the latter.
If he did, I'm killing myself

I'm a she, but I meant Ron x Dessie and Gumshoe x Maggey- although the later would be very Rule 34 to see XD Anti canon pairings are HILARIOUS. I'm so off topic now though >.>
ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

silhouette wrote:
Arkillian wrote:

That sounds fantastically cute - I can't believe I've never hear of it!

you never heard of it probably because you're immersed in the catfight (Mia vs Hawthorne) in 3-4 more than the other people there. It also happened in case 3-1, and in 4-1 as well (though it was Phoenix vs Gavin that time)

and arkillian i thought you were a guy cause of your avvy, with the cyborg godot.
And looks like I don't have to throw myself in a trash compactor.
Though the mention of Rule 34 is quite unexpected...

Waiting on Godot...

Greener223 wrote:
and arkillian i thought you were a guy cause of your avvy, with the cyborg godot.
And looks like I don't have to throw myself in a trash compactor.
Though the mention of Rule 34 is quite unexpected...

Steampunk, but yeah... that's my fault I guess. I use my own art as my avatar and I draw mostly men >.> The full version of the avvie is here

Rule 34 is meant to be unexpected. It wouldn't be any fun if it didn't hit you in the face and floor plant you XD
ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

that's what rule 35 ensures anyway

Aspiring to Inspire

Spoiler: Off-topic dribble
Arkillian wrote:
I'm a she, but I meant Ron x Dessie and Gumshoe x Maggey- although the later would be very Rule 34 to see XD Anti canon pairings are HILARIOUS. I'm so off topic now though >.>

I'm not 100% sure on Gumshoe and Maggey. Oh, and don't forget Mia and Diego.

ImageImageImageImage

Lang Zi says: I Love Shi-Long Lang

It wasn't that bad playing as Miles.
To me it was funny he has funny thoughts, if only they had his thoughts in 1-4 it would have been a roit. :edgy:

But it was painfully obvious that it was going to happen, i mean Edgy wanted to be a defence attorney and it was the final PW game. It was going to happen.
ImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Spoiler: Reply to Karmi-Sempai- Also Off topic
Greener223 wrote:
I don't, it's just curiosity.

Miego is like the ONLY surefire canon pairing in the entire Ace Attorney series aka the only pairing crapcom accepts as fact

This is why I didn't mention Meigo. That would ALWAYS be my first choice OTP :) And Gumshoe x Maggey is canon enough. Gumshoe is head over heals for her atleast ^^ I hope Maggey figures it out >.>

ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

dude she did.

But at the time of Recipe for Turnabout she was really pissed at Gumshoe not helping her from being declared guilty, so she decided then to hate Gumshoe (thus why she didn't eat the cocktail weenies in the Detention Center, dude there were so many that even Maya got full and bitched that she didn't want to eat any more) But at the end, when Gumshoe came in with the ear medicine that helped perform the final blow to declare the guilty party ( :zenitora: ) , she cheered up and decided not to hate Gumshoe and then she ate the larger plate of cocktail weenies.

In the ending Maggey was with Gumshoe, btw, and she gave him a new coat that looked like his first one in 3-4.

Aspiring to Inspire

Spoiler: Off-topic dribble
Greener223 wrote:
But at the end, when Gumshoe came in with the ear medicine that helped perform the final blow to declare the guilty party ( :zenitora: ) , she cheered up and decided not to hate Gumshoe and then she ate the larger plate of cocktail weenies.
In the ending Maggey was with Gumshoe, btw, and she gave him a new coat that looked like his first one in 3-4.

Darn it. My fault for not playing that case (since my cousin took over the DS). But she didn't look as happy as she should in the epilogue.

@MissEdgeworth: Yeah, I found 'em funny, too. I compared them with the ones in AAI, I found that they're rather distinctive from one another. Considering the time gap between PW3 and AAI, I think the writers took the time to flesh out and refine Edgey's inner monologues. He was a bit sarcastic and playful--not really what he's supposed to appear as, in my opinion.

ImageImageImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

you ARE nuts

Attorney at Lawl

Arkillian wrote:
Spiker wrote:

Awe :( That's not good. PW3 is the fangame after all. You want to be playing that once you're in the fandom and are hooked. Otherwise you don't get all the in jokes. I felt like that playing PW2 first then 1. The idiot store guy gave me the second game when I had the case for the first. I didn't realize till I researched on the net who Franziska was. I was all "When the heck is Miles gonna show up already?" :larry: Never went back to THAT store >.>

I know, I know! I tried finding the games in proper order, but I couldn't. And the temptation to not get T&T was too much. :sadshoe:

Miles Edgeworth is something else

TRULY EXCITED!!!

Spoiler:
I started trembling at the beginning of this part when Larry called him. When I noticed his thoughts I realized that he was the playable character. And, by the way, I loved when he concluded "(... This is nothing more than a terrible nightmare... I'll just roll over and..)".

Edgey is so cool... :edgeworth:

OBJECTION! That was... objectionable!

i'll get an avvy later

dude you know it woulda been a lot cooler with a codec conversation

Waiting on Godot...

Codec conversation? O.o I'm lost...
ImageImageImageImage

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Metal Gear Solid reference. The protagonist often communicates with his superior/support through a "Codec," which is a highly advanced piece of communications equipment (if you're really interested, see more at http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Codec).

In the games, many Codec conversations also end up being utterly hilarious for one reason or another, so Edgeworth and Larry having a Codec conversation probably would be entertaining... :redd:

Totally not my sig...

Last edited by shadowofedgeworth on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SohCahToa

My reaction was like this. O_O And XD. Then saying "Whoa, I get to play Edgeworth?" So yeah. ^_^ It was unexpected for me. XD

The whole thing with Edgeworth is pretty hilarious. "Psycho-locks" Lol. :will: Edgey has really funny thoughts. XD
Page 2 of 5 [ 178 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)