Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Parole and Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Never Gonna Give You Up

Not sure if there's a topic about this, but I felt the question needed to be raised! Semi-sorta-spoilers for GS4, but only very slightly. XD

As we all know (or maybe don't), a case doesn't exactly end when someone is put into jail. There's still the question of parole and whatnot if they don't get capital punishment. We know characters accused of murder have plea-bargained before (like Lana, when she exchanged a confession for the right to live).

I have a very limited understanding of the Japanese legal system, though I HAVE studied it, and in my speculation for GS5 and GS6, I wondered: would any old villains come back? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 10 years in Japan before someone who has a life sentence is eligible for parole. A life sentence there is not as long as a life sentence in America--if memory serves, it's only 30 years? Plus, consecutive life sentences are not an option there. Anyone with more info than I have is welcome to jump on me, since I'm not sure. :keiko:

Anyway. In my speculation for GS6 (yes, I've speculated so much on GS5 that I moved onto the next game), I wanted an excuse to bring in Damon Gant (see why here.) Which leads me to my point...By the time AJ happens, he could very well be up for parole. By the time of AJ2 or AJ3, he could be out of prison entirely! Anyway, just a thought.

What do you guys think? Do you think there's a chance of us having run-ins with old baddies through parole? Think there's no chance? Think I'm just a nutter obsessed with Damon Gant? :damon: Discuss!
Re: Parole and Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Ace Fangirl

You make a really interesting point with that. Personally, I don't think that anyone will come back, because if they introduced parole into the games, it would make the whole in-game legal/justice system even more complicated, and there would be contradictions all over the place (kind of like what happened with the evidence laws). 'Sides, in the time between now and when the games are set, the whole concept of parole might have been abolished - you have to remember that the games take place in a fictional version of Tokyo/LA, so what happens in the games might not be parallel to what we are familiar with in real life.

Never Gonna Give You Up

True, you raise valid points. :O Though I still think it's plausible. The way the court systems work in the games are actually very similar to the way Japanese courts are actually run--even the introduction of the jurist system paralleled a real introduction of the same system in their real court system. Plus, the lawyers we meet and deal with typically wouldn't be involved in parole at all, so they might not even do any follow-up. They'd also have access to records saying whether a person were dead or not (like with Dahlia, for example, who we know was executed), so I don't see there really being any complications or contradictions raised by the theory. :O

Haha, honestly, I think a lot of this is wishful thinking on my part. XD A lot of the new characters in the AA series have rubbed me the wrong way, so maybe I'm just hoping for some old characters to come back.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Diana Rose wrote:
Haha, honestly, I think a lot of this is wishful thinking on my part.

No problem there. The amount of time that's passed without a single solitary hint on GS5 has allowed speculation and wishing to run wild! Besides, we all know Gant's return can only be a blessing, and Gant + Kristoph=

:ack: Oh, shi-

Totally not my sig...

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

As long as the killers don't turn out to be the killers again, that just seems like it would be too predictable.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Powers Fan

I could think of one character who came back after being found guilty...>_> But that was because the court's conviction was no match for her conviction.

I do think it would be interesting to see some of the previous killers return. Some were not completely evil, and it would be interesting if they got accused and you had to defend someone who was guilty once before.
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Since this is speculating about GS5 and later it doesn't belong in here, and there are already threads on the GS5 board for speculating on which characters should return and why.
ImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)