Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 12 of 15[ 565 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Re: How did you feel about the ending? *spoilers, of course*Topic%20Title

RazeTora wrote:
Anything you were impressed or depressed by?

When the game ended, it felt like there was something missing inside me. I was pretty depressed for a while once I'd finished it but thankfully just two weeks later AJ was released in England. But I still have a bit of an empty feeling in me.

Watch me as I gravitate...ahahaha

Shipper on the loose.

I thought the final confrontation between Godot and Feenie was pretty awesome. ^^

However, I was a bit disappointed that yet another case turned Maya into an oh-so-tragic focal point of everything. Kinda tired of that.

Attorney

I liked the ending, specially the last conversation between Mia and Phoenix.
Of course, other thing I liked a lot was how they joined so much cases in one, giving us many explanations about the past.
I think the last case was the best one (of all GS games...incluiding Apollo Justice...). :shoe:

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Greatest ending to any game ever! (hell, even better than most books!)

This ending made me cry (multiple times!), especially when it showed the picture of Mia and Maya. I have watched this ending more times than I can count, and it is amazing each time. It left me with a nice feeling inside. Definitely the most touching ending ever.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Rawr

I'm just glad they made Godot bow out a hero. The case itself was a bit hard to follow at times but the ending made up for that. Manly tears were shed

I was so confused.

There was so much undone. In Europe, Apollo Justice was already released. So the only thing I knew was: Phoenix won't be a lawyer anymore after T&T.
And, god, when Maya was in Hazakurain,
Spoiler:
I really thought she would die. Because of Apollo Justice. I hadn't played it before I played T&T, so I thought there had to be something why Nick didn't want to be a lawyer anymore. THAT was SO DEPRESSING.

And I was angry with Franzi, because she didn't mention this card from the de Killer-case anymore. I'm a Maya/Nick-supporter, it was pretty important to me.

Before playing GS3, I never had thought of playing Apollo Justice, 'cause I didn't want to 'see' another lawyer, but after T&T, I just thought "WHY?!" and had to. :maggey-sad:

Ah, but I kinda liked the ending. The Hazakurain-case was the best case ever, and I totally cried.
I'm german.. so please forgive me mistakes etc. x)

Defense Attorney

Erm, forgive me for my evilness...but I hope to see Phoenix Wright injured more seriously...I just enjoy seeing people escape moments of death...Seriously...If not it is not exciting at all!! :godot: And I seriously loved what Iris said, about her feelings for Wright changing! Oh and... I hoped that Godot would have drank 18 cups of coffee during that trial. And what surprised me was that Phoenix Wright was drinking coffee at the end too...Oh! And also, that blood tears, was is mixed with blood and tears or just blood. I cried with Godot then too... Second time I cried in AA series!

Power of Flower

I have a question about the ending... Do you think Godot died? He's not in AJ or AAI at all and not even mentioned. He may have been wrecked by that poison, but he still looked pretty buff and did epic stuff. I'm also pretty sure you're not put to death for killing in self-defense or to save someone, which is what Godot did.

Inui wrote:
I have a question about the ending... Do you think Godot died? He's not in AJ or AAI at all and not even mentioned. He may have been wrecked by that poison, but he still looked pretty buff and did epic stuff. I'm also pretty sure you're not put to death for killing in self-defense or to save someone, which is what Godot did.

a lot of people suggest he died, because he was drawn at mias and mistys side at the end (who are both dead, obviously). He was really sick and had to go to hospital every week, if his punishment wasn't death, he died of his bad condtion.
I'm german.. so please forgive me mistakes etc. x)

Power of Flower

Oh, okay. Makes sense.

Gettin' Old!

Inui wrote:
Oh, okay. Makes sense.

Or you could consider that all conjecture and believe he is alive.

Tch! Think about it how else was he supposed to appear at the end. With the others in the victory photo being led away in handcuffs?

Besides it's not like he died in the gap between winning the case and the photo, hence appearing with the other heavenly characters. I'd opt for a long prison sentence for him, with proper medical care to keep him alive, prison's generally take good care of their prisoners after all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Power of Flower

Would a prison sentence for killing to save Maya really even happen? =/

Gettin' Old!

Inui wrote:
Would a prison sentence for killing to save Maya really even happen? =/

I'd say so, it's still at least manslaughter though I suppose some might argue it was self defence.

Then the case might not even send him to jail. Either way I doubt he'd get the death sentence or life and he'd have appropriate health care in prison to stay alive.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Logic

I have to say that the ending was satisfying to me, It didn't try that whole everything is going to be fine for everyone approach it took a more emotional approach showing Godot's real side I gotta say I was impressed by the overall story and it really drew me in the whole way. The ending was appropriate although I did feel bad for Godot in the end for sure...

PL vs PW <33

One thing I didn't get about the ending, or the explanation during the last case rather: If Godot discovered Morgan's note to Pearl before Pearl found it, why did he just put it back?? He could've taken it away, or ripped it, or burned it, or replaced it with a harmless one for Pearl to find or something. He could've avoided this whole mess, and not have to go ask Iris and Misty to concoct his plan, which is basically to prevent Pearl from channelling Dahlia anyway.... (it's only when Pearl didn't show up to read with Misty that Misty channeled Dahlia so Pearl didn't have to)

I understand he had this pride of not wanting to ask Nick for help, but if he really wanted to protect Maya and Pearl, he could've just destroyed the note.......
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

MapleRose wrote:
If Godot discovered Morgan's note to Pearl before Pearl found it, why did he just put it back??

I wondered about that too. Here's my theory: Morgan told Pearl where the note was. If Pearl came back and told her mother that it was gone, Morgan would realize somebody knew about the plan, and hatch a new one, but more desperate and more secretive than the one before. He could have prevented this incident, but another incident would probably have occurred, but probably with a worse result.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

PL vs PW <33

SuperGanondorf wrote:
MapleRose wrote:
If Godot discovered Morgan's note to Pearl before Pearl found it, why did he just put it back??

I wondered about that too. Here's my theory: Morgan told Pearl where the note was. If Pearl came back and told her mother that it was gone, Morgan would realize somebody knew about the plan, and hatch a new one, but more desperate and more secretive than the one before. He could have prevented this incident, but another incident would probably have occurred, but probably with a worse result.

I suppose that makes sense, since Pearl would be innocent and worried enough about the missing note to go back and ask Morgan about it... But couldn't Godot just replace it with a harmless note? Like... I dunno.. "Assist Mystic Maya any way you can." or something. Pearl would've believed it since she believed she was doing something good for Maya and the clan, and she doesn't know her mom was evil and would never write that. And I don't think Pearl would've gone back to Morgan to show her the note, would she? Pearl didn't ask for clarifications with the original note (hence the gravy thing) after all..
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

MapleRose wrote:
SuperGanondorf wrote:
MapleRose wrote:

I suppose that makes sense, since Pearl would be innocent and worried enough about the missing note to go back and ask Morgan about it... But couldn't Godot just replace it with a harmless note? Like... I dunno.. "Assist Mystic Maya any way you can." or something. Pearl would've believed it since she believed she was doing something good for Maya and the clan, and she doesn't know her mom was evil and would never write that. And I don't think Pearl would've gone back to Morgan to show her the note, would she? Pearl didn't ask for clarifications with the original note (hence the gravy thing) after all..

Yeah, but how would Godot know Pearl wouldn't go back and ask for clarification? He probably figured she would.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Suffering from Avatarmakingnoobitis

The police could have prevented all of this by just getting rid of Morgan or something...they could have figured out that Morgan was planning to kill someone while in jail and they could have sent her somewhere far away so Godot could simply remove the letter to Pearl and Pearl couldn't tell Morgan about it because shes been sent far away. Ah well, if that happened then the final episode wouldn't have been so good would it?

Captain Hair!

I thought the conclusion to Trials and Tribulations was magnificent. In fact, it's my favorite ending in the series!

Addicted to Coke and crack... wait

I was depressed playing through the end because of the sheer sadness of Godot's story. However, there was one particular part that made me reach my breaking point, and I ended up having to literally put my DS down so I could cry for a while.

Spoiler:
Where Godot explained what had happened with his being in a coma + awakening and said, "The woman I loved was dead."

The more I think about it the more I cry about it. It was sooo sad! I really hoped that maybe Godot could have went over to Mia afterwards and say something along the lines of I love you and then they could've hugged or something.I was also disapointed how a couple of certain someones (Franny & Diego) were left out of that report thing at the end of the game credits :( Still,I can't say I completly despised the ending. I cried a lot though.
But one question remains:
What are :godot: :franny: :sadshoe: :maggy: and a ton of others going to do now? What's their story?
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

My childhood right here

It was awesome, but lacking a lottle bit in the sense that the other two games were, at the final case, just full of action. Like, finding the killer of DL-6. That made me blink a few times in shock. JFA when Gumshoe called in court I was just hoping "Let him find evidence and/or Maya" then OMG he did find something! In T&T it was just "Yep. I know the killer. I have known. I've known for a while. This is just stalling dammit." And the other two games actually had two cases solved not just one. But it was still a glorious ending. And I made this as spoiler-free as possible, which is why I sound like most new people who join >_>

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Inui wrote:

He is mentioned in AAI (kinda)...
Spoiler:
In the 5-4 someone says something amongst the lines of "Someone poured me some coffee here in court." So I guess that Diego gave it so her. Ok, they don't say it's Diego, but hey, why would they make a dialogue about someone getting coffee in court without a reason?

But that was before his crime anyway...

:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

My childhood right here

End Quote wrote:
Inui wrote:

He is mentioned in AAI (kinda)...
Spoiler:
In the 5-4 someone says something amongst the lines of "Someone poured me some coffee here in court." So I guess that Diego gave it so her. Ok, they don't say it's Diego, but hey, why would they make a dialogue about someone getting coffee in court without a reason?

But that was before his crime anyway...

Yes. Because no one can pour coffee like Gaston Diego Armando can.

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

'twas a very bitter(heh.)sweet ending.
I was expecting the final "OBJECTION" to be at tres bien, with the usual running joke of "Oh yeah, you're paying".

Oh yeah, and I was disappointed that I didn't get to shout it like AA/JFA.

I spoiled Godot's bleeding/crying thing, so yeah, that scene was a lot less emotional than it should have been dammit...
ImageImage

The Trusty Nudal!

The ending was amazing, it was the reason why T & T is my favorite game.

Does not approve your logic

I cried when Godot cried, it was sad yet the ending was amazing. Now I hate Redd with a passion, and Dahlia too. D:<
Signature by Midnight Jasper! <3

Idol of Polar Bears

I felt totally cheated and dissatisfied. I suppose I brought that upon myself for expecting any future installments to live up to the complex and intelligent awareness of Farewell, My Turnabout. Turnabout Ablaze and Turnabout Succession come close, though.

"Do a barrel roll!"

I thought it had a pretty good end.

As far as the Godot
Spoiler:
living or dead
question goes, I had heard someone imagine what happened to him during the white-out, and my imagination fleshed out the events into a cinematic montage. It has impressed onto my memory of the game as much as the actual events of the final trial. It may seem silly, but I'll share it with you anyway. This is what I imagine as the finale to Godot's story.
Spoiler:
As Godot says his final line, close-up on his hand, as it drops the coffee mug. It shatters. Cue the music for the silent final sequence... music, please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw9fsAP9GkQ

Under the music, we see Godot collapse. The bailiff and another court official pick him up, carrying him out. Phoenix and the others rush out after him. Cut to the Hotti Clinic, where Godot is hooked up to several machines, ostensibly the ones he was attached to in a coma. After conferring briefly with the doctors, Maya ushers everyone out of the room. There is a glow of light that we see from outside. Phoenix and Pearl look at each other, then peek through the door to see Diego, barely conscious, finally reunited with Mia Fey. She leans down and smiles benevolently on him as the last tears and life drains out of him, and he dies peacefully in her arms. Pearly is in tears, and even Phoenix is on the verge of choking with emotion. Mia metamorphoses back to Maya, who looks down at Godot's lifeless body, and she finally breaks down. As Phoenix and Pearly rush to her side, the camera pans up and away out of frame to a sort of otherworldy scene much like Larry's final drawing. In this plane, we see Godot's spirit, and Mia's. She runs to him. "Diego?" "Mia?" ... "It's all over." She tenderly pulls off his visor and kisses him. Mid-kiss, Diego's scars begin to heal and disappear, and his hair retains its natural color. As they walk off together, we fade back to the regular post-trial scene.

The music makes it. People would cry the moment it starts, because it's such a raw, emotional piece at the right moment.

The problem I would have with that is it's far too sweet.
Godot's ending was bitter, because that's what his personality is like. It's how he'd want to go.
Besides, despite being locked away, he's finally free - He's forgiven Phoenix, he realises he's been fighting for Mia/Maya this whole time, he's been found guilty of the murder... I think he wanted to be found guilty, but fought back just to test Phoenix, like he's been doing all this time. He's free of all secrets and lies, he has nothing to worry about. As far as his Spirit's concerned, he's free, and I'm sure Mia is up there waiting :godot:

GODOT was a bitter, dark-edged vigilante. DIEGO ARMANDO was a rather jovial, good-natured and playful fellow who had a natural talent but was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I always thought the bitterest irony of Godot's transformation was that Diego was the genuine most well-adjusted, competent and likeable person in the Los Angeles Bar Association... so they killed him and turned him into Batman.

And let's face it. Cyclops mask or not, Godot is Batman.

Team Stepladder, represent!

3-5 was simply amazing. My mind was absolutely blown with the way everything and everyone connected in the end.

I had been (totally by accident -- I hate looking things up ahead of time!) spoiled about the fact that :javado: = :godot:. (Oh, the irony of Diego's smiley code... The cause of my spoilage was that I'd been seeing the fan name "Javado" floating around and was curious about where that came from, so I searched and reached Godot's page on the Ace Attorney wiki... only to find Diego's spoilerific portrait staring back at me. :larry:) But, when I reached Diego's first appearance in the game, with his blatantly Godot-ish mannerisms and all, I thought, "oh, phew, it's pretty obvious; I probably would have figured it out anyway," and felt better. I can be pretty slow sometimes, though, so I actually wonder whether I would have caught on had I not known...

Either way, I had absolutely NO idea that Godot was the true killer. Even when you had to pick the murderer (right before turning off the courtroom lights to "prove" it), when they made it pretty obvious who you were supposed to name, I was very hesitant to do so. I was like, "Come on, Phoenix; bluffing is one thing, but doing it at Godot's expense is just cold." It was a huge shock when I finally realized that it was no bluff after all.

The implication that Godot died at the end didn't even occur to me until I read discussions about it here.
Now, however, whenever I think about it, I can't align my mind with any other interpretation but that he must have died.

I don't think he went and died in prison -- he's too manly for that; prison would be a disgraceful demise that he doesn't deserve.
I'd hate to imagine him being executed for his crimes, although it's a definite possibility.
But what makes the most sense is that he simply died the death he'd been putting on hold for 5 years. He was already in terrible physical shape, and, as I know someone here has suggested before, he was likely just barely hanging onto life out of his mad passion to get revenge on Phoenix for Mia's death. At last, with his grudges resolved and his sins brought into the open, death would not be his punishment but rather the end of his suffering.
I loved Godot's character and it's heartbreaking to think of him as dead... but, hey, the whole case was heartbreaking, and his death would be all too fitting. The final portrait of the credits, to me, is the ultimate confirmation: he's with Misty and his kitten Mia now. And, thinking of it that way, maybe that's not such a horribly bitter ending at all.

I'd almost say that the entire conclusion to the PW trilogy couldn't have been any more perfect... except that I do agree with the tiiiiny little complaint that they didn't let you shout the final "Objection!" ...which, especially in my case, is a pretty ridiculous thing to get hung up on: I was playing the game on WiiWare, so all it would've been for me was swinging and pointing the WiiMote. :-P B-but I would've shouted it out myself just for the heck of it, too, if I'd had the chance!!
As for the other common minor complaint: Though I was moderately looking forward to the return of Franziska's card, it wasn't particularly relevant to the 3-5 events, so I feel like maybe it was a good choice not to force it in and break the whole flow.

yet another Edgeworth fangirl...

I had just completed this case on Monday and I have to say, it was amazing. I even popped in a blank tape to record the awesomeness (I also played the Wii-ware version).
I remember that I yelled OBJECTION so loud on that final epic evidence that my little brother almost fell off of the table in the living room. And I was playing in my room (though it sucks that I know now that they didn't even really say OBJECTION or TAKE THAT at that moment).
The strange thing is, I sorta suspected Pearl ever since she went missing. It wasn't until I had the facts shoved into my face that I accepted that she didn't do it.
The photo at the end was cute and it made me wonder just how many times that urn has been shattered by complete accident.
Am I the only one that noticed a little bit of NickxFranny in this case?
I felt a great sense of closure and I'll probably be marinating in it for a couple weeks (or until I borrow Apollo Justice from my friend).
^@^
<(o_o)>
U-U

Team Stepladder, represent!

^^^ Heck yes -- high-five for shouting out objection!s on WiiWare when it's not necessary!
Gotta practice those Chords of Steel for when you start Apollo Justice! :odoroki:
I do agree that it's a good idea to marinate in the awesomeness of the PW finale before taking on AJ. (I only sorta did that; I wanted it right away, but it ended up taking a while simply because the game was hard to find. :-P) I guess it would make the passage of time, with all its drastic changes, feel a bit more meaningful and genuine...? Not that it's anything compared to the emotion it probably created for the long-time fans who actually waited through its development until its release. *guilty of entering fandom very late*

shinyjiggly wrote:
Am I the only one that noticed a little bit of NickxFranny in this case?
Hmm... I didn't notice it at all, but I'm kind of interested -- may I ask where you saw it? :phoenix:
It might make me wish that mysterious 2-4 card made its return after all.
And I'm always curious about how people get their various shipping ideas.

I guess Franzy was so jealous she just had to hide it.

yet another Edgeworth fangirl...

I'm sorry for being off-topic, but I'd like to clarify my previous statement.

It was when Franny started following Nick around. I reached this conclusion because Nick made some comments that seemed like he had a crush on her or something (and got whipped, of course).
First of all, why did she follow Nick around in the first place? (besides the fact that the developers wanted her to get some out-of-court screen time) Especially since she said that she returned to "Pulverize" him.

Here is some evidence that supports my claim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9VdRSJV ... re=related 6:30 (this is what he said that caught my attention)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAKyCRMn ... re=related 6:28 (not directly related, but can be used somehow)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPfEK7eq ... re=related 1:06
Also, don't forget about the shelly card with Nick's face drawn on it that never saw the light of day after JFA.

But now that I've done my research, I'm thinking that maybe I had forgotten that it was only one or two text boxes and thus, it wouldn't actually count for anything (especially considering that Nick was getting over a cold at the time). Perhaps I'm just pessimistic, perhaps I've finally found some valid points.
^@^
<(o_o)>
U-U

I spoiled Godot did it, so in the final case I wasn't like "Now, who the fuck did it?", but like "How the fuck is Godot going to fit into this?"...

But the ending was great anyway, though if would have been better if I didn't spoil as much...

It taught me a lesson though: "Don't watch video's of character themes on youtube!"
ImageImage
Page 12 of 15 [ 565 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)