Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 4[ 139 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: If it wasn't Edgeworth..Topic%20Title

Surf's Up!

I'd have to say Godot, because he's so awesome!!!

Manfred would be my second choice, though.

Im the defense and I can see PSYCHOLOCKS

i jus want edgey lol

I would love to play as either Godot or Neil. Maybe Klavier, since it would expand on his character a bit.

Godot, but I don't see how that'd happen after 3-5 and all that. And it'd get a bit weird when your Court Record gets all filled up with coffee and shit. XD

I think it'd be deadly to play as Franziska though, you'd get to have a whip. :whip: It'd be a great game-play feature too, you know, 'Talk to witnesses, examine crime scenes, whip anyone who gets in your way!' :karma: So one of those two.
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

Hello, Adrian.

A sidescroller with Franziska Von Karma. Attorneyvania. I'd so play that.
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!

I am lying.

Definitely Franziska. It would be so hilarious with a "Whip" button.
{ Waiting for divine inspiration. }

NNNNGGGGGOOOOOOHHHHH

DeMatador wrote:
It would only work with a character who can use Logic

Gumshoe
Franziska
Manfred
Winston
Ema
Phoenix
Klavier
Quote:
confront people well

Gumshoe
Franziska
Winston
Manfred
Ema
Phoenix
Klavier

Quote:
and have access to crime scenes.

Gumshoe
Franziska
Winston
Ema
Phoenix
Manfred
Klavier

Well, that narrows it down just about right.
I would personally like to see how Manfred von karma would handle it, with his perfection and all, but Klavier is a more "logical" option. And, I mean, who doesn't want to play as Klavier?

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Ace Fresca wrote:
And, I mean, who doesn't want to play as Klavier?

Only people with NO SOULS, that's who! :karma:

Seriously though, here, here! :kyouya:

Totally not my sig...

Miles Edgeworth is something else

Klavier would be the most reasonable option and maybe he could meet some original characters, like Edgeworth, Gumshoe and Franziska.
Godot is awesome, but I can't figure out how he can be placed into this investigation series. A standard Ace Attorney game about defense attorney Diego Armando sounds to be a better idea.
Franziska von Karma would be fun, but since she only cares about her perfect winning record, it could be hard for the players to follow her logic.
Manfred von Karma would be very scary...
Winston Payne... well, forget about it.
Let's face the truth: Edgeworth is THE ONE. :edgy:

OBJECTION! That was... objectionable!

Consider this puzzle solved.

Gumshoe. I'd love to play "Ace Detective Investigations: Dick Gumshoe", especially if it had a "Faulty Logic" mode where you put together two ideas that have nothing to do with each other in order to arrest the wrong person.

Seriouly, though, I'd like to play as Godot, but itt'l never happen so I'll go with "Ace Attorney Whip-vestigations", especially if the "Press" button was replaced by a "Whip" button. Oh, or maybe they could replace "Logic mode" with "Whipping mode"!

FINE

Franny! no doubt. :franny:

Ace Fresca wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
It would only work with a character who can use Logic

Gumshoe
Franziska
Manfred
Winston
Ema
Phoenix
Klavier
Quote:
confront people well

Gumshoe
Franziska
Winston
Manfred
Ema
Phoenix
Klavier

Quote:
and have access to crime scenes.

Gumshoe
Franziska
Winston
Ema
Phoenix
Manfred
Klavier

Well, that narrows it down just about right.
I would personally like to see how Manfred von karma would handle it, with his perfection and all, but Klavier is a more "logical" option. And, I mean, who doesn't want to play as Klavier?

Wow! Good job! But I still prefer Franny, Manfred would be great but I don't think it will happen and for Klavier, it's my second option!

I don't get why "confronts people well" rules out Franziska, unless maybe she's a little TOO confrontational.

PW RP Lover

I vote for Godot.
<nerd>Insert witty signature here.</nerd>

Secret link!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

moonfall wrote:
I don't get why "confronts people well" rules out Franziska, unless maybe she's a little TOO confrontational.

She would just whip them into submission. No conflict!
ImageImage

What the Devil is going on here?

I think that a Von Karma duo game would be kick-ass, becuase well, you'd be playing as them kicking peoples asses! HAHAHAH.
~

I think a game with Godot would be very interesting.
Then we could see lots of thing about his past. I mean , everyone knows what happened , but to play that is still exiting. :godot:
But I think it's kind of difficult because his first case was 3-2 and his last 3-5, then he was sentence to death. So we can't play anything. Well we would loose all cases.
OWar , hate my bad Englisch -.-

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

Klavier.... think about it people..

KLAVIER GAVIN: ACE ROCKER INVESTIGATIONS!!!
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

SHUT UP, PEDOPHILE!

I think Klavier's the only reasonable option, and i'm sure anyone who isn't deluding themselves that Klavier was the devil because "*GASP* he actually wants to help you!" will agree.

Although that Neil Marshall thing sounds cool...

We need something that features Neil Marshall. He was cool without us even seeing him alive.

Godot For Life

Either Godot, or Ema. Those are the only two other characters awesome enough to have there own game.

Consider this puzzle solved.

Godot-For-Life wrote:
Either Godot, or Ema. Those are the only two other characters awesome enough to have there own game.

Actually, I think I remember that the game was originally going to be about Ema until they found out that :edgeworth: was the second most popular character, behind :phoenix: .
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

Suzumiya Haruhi: Ace Attorney

I would want a pre-Ace Attorney game where you could play as Diego Armando. That would be awesome. Maybe Mia could be his sidekick.

Ema would be great too!
I have no Photoshop skills, so I have no sig. Boo...

Asian

Klavier ftw.
I ship Phoenix and Edgeworth and Phoenix and Iris.

Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth...?!

I'd love a Klavier game that looked into his backstory and developed his character a little more. I can't help but feel there's a lot more to learn about him.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Tinka wrote:
I'd love a Klavier game that looked into his backstory and developed his character a little more. I can't help but feel there's a lot more to learn about him.

Precisely! :kyouya:

Totally not my sig...

Achtung, baby!! <3

Edgeworth's just fine :edgy:
but if I really had to choose another person I would choose Franziska :ka-whip: or Klavier :rock'n:
I like them both :will:

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Franziska has the most potential for epic cases because she has yet to have a huge "turning point" case. 1-4 and 1-5 were big turning points for Edgeworth as a character, 2-4 was a defining moment in Phoenix's career, and 3-5 was both a very character-defining case for Maya and a climax for Godot's character arc, and those are widely agreed to be some of the best cases in the series.

Franziska von Karma is the only non-comic relief main character (i.e. sorry, Gumshoe and Larry) to not have a case which places emphasis on her character development. Her character has been developed, but unlike Godot, Phoenix and Edgeworth, von Karma hasn't had a truly defining moment, and to date her character growth has been much slower and subtler than Edgeworth's (But there definitely is a difference in Franziska's behavior from AAI-4 to JFA-2 to T&T-5 to AAI-5).

Franziska still has a lot of room to grow and change as a character and I think there's a great deal of potential in a case where she's forced to confront her mentor's flaws the way Edgeworth was in 1-4 or where she's forced to examine her reasons for being an attorney like Phoenix had to in 2-4.

It would be interesting to see Lana Skye, especially as a prosecutor-detective team with Ema, but let's face it, she was a defendant in one case, she couldn't sell a game. Wait until she's the main prosecutor in an Apollo Justice game.

Klavier just seems super shallow once you get past the rock star gimmick, although a young Klavier Gavin being a stuck-up douchebag of a prosecutor and a young Daryan Crescend being a confrontational prick of a detective could be a funny dynamic, especially if you find a way to throw in Kristoph Gavin being a condescending asshole of a defense attorney.

Diego Armando with legal assistant Mia Fey would be something I'd rather see as an Ace Attorney game, if not for the fact that you know how tragically the whole thing ends all the while you're playing it.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Fraziska, Manfred or Klavier...
Awesome sig by awesome Nadini!

They took some honey, from a tree...

I'd love a Winston Payne: AAI. I mean, he has a longer perfect win record than Edgeworth and Franziska, both disciples of the Prosecuting God, Manfred. He could be paired up with Gant. And they could ride around a 1980's Miami in convertible sports cars, pastel shirts and big hair, investigating and taking down gun-runners.

MARVEL! As you play Winston Payne, the original rookie killer!

INVESTIGATE! Drug-deals gone wrong, kidnappings and shoot-outs to 80's New Wave!

GET DOWN!
As you and Gant hit the streets and out-dance witnesses to get information!

RAPE! As Damon Gant, memetic molester, now a secondary playable character!

DESTROY!
Mia Fey in a non-canon, alternate timeline trial that solves the question "What if Winston won and kept his fly hair?"

I'd love to know more about his hey-day, Payne. I always feel a bit sorry for him being pushed around, when all he's doing is his job. He's not as obsessive as Manfred or Franziska, flashy as Klavier, addicted as Godot or Frilly as Edgeworth...but he just comes to court and does his job.

But for pure fanservice, Manfred/Franziska/Godot, please.

CAPCOM, get to work on WINSTON PAYNE and DAMON GANT: ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

I can't say I would want any of the other prosecutors in future AAI games. Franziska won't due becuase of her inability to see beyond evidence. (Face it she basically takes the evidence at face value without looking through the details) Manfred is a BIG no no (Perfection...nothing else bwahahahahaha!), Godot....maybe, he has the potential, but he's no longer a prosecutor. Klavier...I CANNOT see investigating anything. He's more the type to have others find out stuff, while he studies at his desk. Ya'll may hate me for this...but I would not want to play an AAI with that glimmorous fop.

Lana...maybe. She may not be chief prosecutor anymore, but it doesn't mean she couldn't get back into the field of investigating.

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
Franziska won't due becuase of her inability to see beyond evidence. (Face it she basically takes the evidence at face value without looking through the details)

Edgeworth was just as bad about this, but he got better.

I want a Franziska game. I wanna know what's going on in that head of hers :franny:

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Icarus wrote:
Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
Franziska won't due becuase of her inability to see beyond evidence. (Face it she basically takes the evidence at face value without looking through the details)

Perhaps, but I get the feeling she's too stuborn to change her ways. She's more linient in AAI, but she still takes thing at face value.

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Ben Credable (PI) wrote:

Perhaps, but I get the feeling she's too stubborn to change her ways. She's more lenient in AAI, but she still takes thing at face value.

She had to be that way in AAI because she was in the role of the sidekick, and the game's no fun if you don't figure things out for yourself. It would be different in a game where Franziska had the starring role. It would require her to be a bit more open-minded than usual, but it wouldn't be completely out of character like, say, Manfred giving a shit about justice. Franziska has a heart (see her working to unlock the Inner Temple in 3-5) and she has a brain (see the trap in 2-2). All she needs is a kick in the pants to properly focus her priorities.

The reason that Franziska has an "inability to look beyond the evidence" is because she had a shitty mentor, and she never had a 2-4 moment where she was forced to reassess her responsibility as a lawyer to perform her job well. But if she had a case where she was forced to do that, it would be good character development, and it has the potential to make a great game, because she's a lot more like Phoenix than she particularly cares to admit.

AROUND HERE I GOT INTO SOME WEIRD TANGENT ABOUT HOW EDGEWORTH, FRANZISKA AND PHOENIX ARE SIMILAR AND DISSIMILAR TO EACH OTHER; I WAS KINDA TIRED WHEN I WROTE IT.
It's only mildly related to the rest of my post.

Spoiler: You don't really need to read this
Honestly, I think Franziska would be more fun to play as then Edgeworth. Edgeworth at first was a sort of Evil Opposite to Phoenix (Phoenix lived by the seat of his pants, Edgeworth was always well-prepared; Phoenix made crazy leaps of logic, Edgeworth was very methodical; Phoenix got flustered easily, Edgeworth was cool as a cucumber until things got really bad for him.) The game designers ended up going in a different direction for the bad guy in the second game, and while Edgeworth was an Evil Opposite, Franziska was more of an Evil Twin, i.e. she was a lot like Phoenix Wright if he was mentored by Manfred.

Franziska was nowhere near as unflappable as Edgeworth. She got flustered as easily as Phoenix did, but unlike Edgeworth, she was more flexible with alternate theories. Several times in 2-2, Phoenix would introduce a new piece of evidence and Franziska would come up with a theory basically off the top of her head to explain it away, while Edgeworth in 1-2 was never able to come up with alternate scenarios besides, "nuh-UH, maybe the clock DID have batteries at the time of the murder. PROVE IT DIDN'T." In 3-5, Edgeworth even complimented Franziska's ability to create a scenario off the top of her head which accounted for nearly every piece of evidence. Franziska wasn't as heavy a hitter as Edgey or Manfred, but she was quicker on her feet (but not quicker than Phoenix, cause the game would be no fun if you couldn't beat her)

Also like Phoenix was her motivation to become a lawyer. Edgeworth became a lawyer at first because he wanted to defend innocents, but later because he wanted to punish criminals. In contrast to Edgeworth's motivations, Phoenix became a lawyer for more personal reasons. He heard about Miles' reputation as a demon lawyer and wanted to save his friend. Defending people because they were innocent was at first simply a means to an end, and it wasn't until 2-4 that Phoenix really faced up to the reality of his profession and began asking the tough questions about his duty. Franziska mirrors Phoenix's motivations in that the actual act of being a lawyer had nothing to do with her career choice. She became a lawyer not for a high-minded reason like defending the innocent or punishing the guilty, but for personal reasons, to gain the approval of her father and to prove herself an equal to a sibling she felt inferior to.

Like I said earlier, if Franziska was forced to reassess her responsibility to her client as a lawyer like Phoenix's 2-4 moment or was forced to confront what an evil, twisted man Manfred von Karma was, then that could be an excellent starting point for her growth as both a character and as a lawyer/investigator.

tl;dr: Franziska is cool because personality-wise, she's kinda like Phoenix's evil twin separated at birth and raised by Manfred.

Call me Ishmael.

A new character. With a new cast with no old characters. Like AJ was originally supposed to be, y'know?

If not, then Franziska.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Coffee-addict

If its not Edgeworth and if it can be an attorney as well(seeing the game is called Attorney INvestigations)

There can only be these people
Franziska
Godot
Mia
Byrne Faraday
Payne
Portsman
Manfred

But I would like to play Agent Lang. Lang Zi says "RAAWRR!!!" Want to see him fight Furio Tigre
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over

Call me Ishmael.

^ Mia? Also you're forgetting Klavier, Neil Marshall and Lana.

Also, just because you don't play as an attorney doesn't mean you can't play as say, an investigator. The game was originally supposed to star Ema, y'know.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Dick Gumshoe, at your service, Pal!

Dick Gumshoe: Dopey Detective

Wherever you go, I will be there.

Gumshoe.

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

Save poor Gumshoe!

Hobo Phoenix Wright,

Spoiler: AJ Spoiler
He lost his badge, so he has enough time to investigate.

"The only time a lawyer can cry, is when it's all over" ~ Godot.

Gettin' Old!

GANT :gant-clap:

Aided by Lana....

Because not every case he handled was a corrupt piece of scum.

There was a time when he was an incredible officer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 2 of 4 [ 139 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby