Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 6 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Katana wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4
I didn't actually see the original post about it, but...I think the fact that the tape was still running IS a contradiction that presents a problem to the killer in a very real way. If you'll remember, when you examine the TV, it goes to loud static without anyone touching it. That's the VCR running out of tape and going back to "INPUT" mode.

Trust me, Badd is not enough of an idiot to leave a defense attorney in charge of the crime scene involving the murder of her client. Pretty much the first thing any detective would do is lock down the scene so no one touches anything.

Spoiler: AAI-4
Maybe the Killer used a remote control to turn it off. The rooms were next door to each other and the windows were open. Badd hears the gunshot runs to the scene, Yew moves over to the window and turns it off via remote before chasing after Badd.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PCHOOO

Guys we're retreading old ground here. That 'contradiction' with the video tape was already discussed and explained earlier in the thread.

See page 4.

My name is Judge.

A little minor thing

Spoiler: AAI-5
When Larry brings up Franzy's promise to model for his next book (the promise she made near the end of 3-5) he calls it Franzy's Whippity-Whip Trip, even though it's going to be called Franzy's Whip-Lash Splash

PCHOOO

Spoiler: Such a Huge Spoiler Oh my God Seriously
You think he's just going to write ONE book about her!?!?!?!?!?

Hobohodo. south park studio style!

Whoo, haven't been on this site in a long time.
Anyways I've finished this game and whilst not exactly a contradiction there was one part which just seems to bug me and to me it seems like it requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Spoiler: case 5
Near the end Larry shows up and one of the things that helps Edgeworth figure out how the body was carried over was that Larry found his Infant doll in Babahl. After this Edgeworth discovers there's a pool and a garden in Babahl similar to the one in Allebahst and that both pools are linked to one another.
My problem, is this. Edgeworth and many of his friends and associates were working on this case. Edgeworth himself travelled to both the Allebahst and Babahl embassies. Are you seriously telling me that not one single person who was on the Babahl embassy looked out the window during the case (which I would assume they would have done during the Yatagarasu investigation, along with that photo) and go , "Oh look! Babahl has a pool just like Allebahst."
I mean if this was established at the very beginning then it wouldn't bug me as much but the fact that the Babahl side has a pool is revealed very late in the case and is almost made out to be a mindblowing revelation by Edgeworth seems kinda.....odd considering that if anyone were to just look out the friggin Babahlese window at the beginning they would see the damn pool.

Consider this puzzle solved.

Theac wrote:
Whoo, haven't been on this site in a long time.
Anyways I've finished this game and whilst not exactly a contradiction there was one part which just seems to bug me and to me it seems like it requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Near the end Larry shows up and one of the things that helps Edgeworth figure out how the body was carried over was that Larry found his Infant doll in Babahl. After this Edgeworth discovers there's a pool and a garden in Babahl similar to the one in Allebahst and that both pools are linked to one another.
My problem, is this. Edgeworth and many of his friends and associates were working on this case. Edgeworth himself travelled to both the Allebahst and Babahl embassies. Are you seriously telling me that not one single person who was on the Babahl embassy looked out the window during the case (which I would assume they would have done during the Yatagarasu investigation, along with that photo) and go , "Oh look! Babahl has a pool just like Allebahst."
I mean if this was established at the very beginning then it wouldn't bug me as much but the fact that the Babahl side has a pool is revealed very late in the case and is almost made out to be a mindblowing revelation by Edgeworth seems kinda.....odd considering that if anyone were to just look out the friggin Babahlese window at the beginning they would see the damn pool.

The Babahlese pool was covered up, remember?
Looking at this picture, it's not immediately obvious that there's a pool there. It looks more like a stage.

Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

Percei wrote:
A little minor thing

When Larry brings up Franzy's promise to model for his next book (the promise she made near the end of 3-5) he calls it Franzy's Whippity-Whip Trip, even though it's going to be called Franzy's Whip-Lash Splash

Spoiler: 3-5 and AAI-5
Was that a translation change between the English on the Japanese DS release of T&T and the US one? Because I know Whippity-Whip Trip is what I remember from T&T, but I have the Japanese edition.

evil monkey is watching you.

valentinite wrote:
Percei wrote:
A little minor thing

Spoiler: 3-5 and AAI-5
Was that a translation change between the English on the Japanese DS release of T&T and the US one? Because I know Whippity-Whip Trip is what I remember from T&T, but I have the Japanese edition.

My T&T version for the DS says Whip-Lash Splash. Must have changed in translation :eh?:
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!

ZSlyzer's version says it too.

in case 4, edgeworth is talking to gumshoe and insults him for freezing at the sound of a gun shot, the miles says '(Then again, I don't know what it's like to hear a gun shot at close range)'
but what about his child hood drama?
Sig.

The cape is self-fluttering

DefenceLawyer wrote:
in case 4, edgeworth is talking to gumshoe and insults him for freezing at the sound of a gun shot, the miles says '(Then again, I don't know what it's like to hear a gun shot at close range)'

I haven't played the case in a month, so my memory may be fuzzy. However...

Spoiler: PW:AA 1-4
I think that's less of a contradiction and more of a character being in denial. Edgeworth was trying to block out his childhood memories for 15 years, remember? It was assumed he passed out in the elevator (at least he was assumed to have passed out before his father was shot), so he wouldn't 'have' memories of a gunshot. Before 1-4, Edgeworth wouldn't even acknowledge the 'Little Miles throwing the pistol' memory as anything more than a nightmare.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:

I haven't played the case in a month, so my memory may be fuzzy. However...

Spoiler: PW:AA 1-4
I think that's less of a contradiction and more of a character being in denial. Edgeworth was trying to block out his childhood memories for 15 years, remember? It was assumed he passed out in the elevator (at least he was assumed to have passed out before his father was shot), so he wouldn't 'have' memories of a gunshot. Before 1-4, Edgeworth wouldn't even acknowledge the 'Little Miles throwing the pistol' memory as anything more than a nightmare.

yep, it totally agr---
wait where you talking?
I was to busy looking at your sig and wondering what on earth happened. :hotti:
Sig.

My name is Judge.

Actually you misread. He says "I can't say I don't know what it feels like to hear a gunshot at close range."

Showing that he, despite his annoyance, sympathizes slightly with the accused.

The cape is self-fluttering

Hahaha, see? Fuzzy memory.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Objectional

Just finished the game today and I had a few related to the endgame that just blew my little mind.

What was the point of Alba creating a fake sibling of Cece Yew and then letting her join a thievery team to expose corrupt organizations that messed with his smuggling ring? Why create a plant in the first place when it just calls more attention to your crime and the fact your syndicate is getting away with murder? And why would Yew go along with the idea of joining a team that is actively going to bring down her meal ticket instead of just snuffing them when she had the chance?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Rebochan wrote:
Just finished the game today and I had a few related to the endgame that just blew my little mind.

What was the point of Alba creating a fake sibling of Cece Yew and then letting her join a thievery team to expose corrupt organizations that messed with his smuggling ring? Why create a plant in the first place when it just calls more attention to your crime and the fact your syndicate is getting away with murder? And why would Yew go along with the idea of joining a team that is actively going to bring down her meal ticket instead of just snuffing them when she had the chance?

I think you answered the question yourself somewhere in there...
Spoiler:
How Alba anticipated that Byrne and Badd would start Yatagarasu is beyond me, or if he just lucked out... but having Calisto in it was a good thing. She was perfectly placed to aim their efforts at Alba's detractors and competitors, and could also report to him if they started getting too close to organizations loyal to him. Better than being in the dark as to what the police are up to and what they know.

ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

Rebochan wrote:

Possibly because Yew wasn't exactly a trained assassin. There's no guarantee she could have simply offed Badd...a trained, strong and well armed detective often surrounded by other members of law enforcement. If she couldn't kill them all she may have exposed herself to the remaining Yatagarasu member thus ruining her cover. Providing she couldn't easily kill them it would serve her bosses better to sabotage and spy on the Yatagarasu.

Also the Yatagarasu was formed AFTER the KG-8 incident right? Well if evidence from the KG-8 incident was stolen...it times awfully well for the appearance of Cece's 'fake' sister. It's possible she was sent in to extract the video evidence and hearing about the formation of the Yatagarasu, mentioned the idea to her superiors who gave her the go-ahead.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Idol of Polar Bears

Croik wrote:
Rebochan wrote:

Spoiler:
How Alba anticipated that Byrne and Badd would start Yatagarasu is beyond me, or if he just lucked out... but having Calisto in it was a good thing. She was perfectly placed to aim their efforts at Alba's detractors and competitors, and could also report to him if they started getting too close to organizations loyal to him. Better than being in the dark as to what the police are up to and what they know.

Spoiler:
Perhaps it was Calisto's idea to start the Yatagarasu group to, as you said, simultaneously gain info on and eliminate Alba's opponents. She may have even been sent by Alba for the express purpose of forming the Yatagarasu to spy on law enforcement while performing the aforementioned duties.

Gettin' Old!

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Croik wrote:
Rebochan wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Perhaps it was Calisto's idea to start the Yatagarasu group to, as you said, simultaneously gain info on and eliminate Alba's opponents. She may have even been sent by Alba for the express purpose of forming the Yatagarasu to spy on law enforcement while performing the aforementioned duties.

Spoiler:
Tis possible but she couldn't have been the Yatagarasu, Badd and Byrne started that together then Badd invited her in because he felt sorry for failing her sister was my understanding of it.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Small continuity error?Topic%20Title

Gavintastic

So we all know about the Gavinners stage in case 3, but there's a contradiction in it... On the stage in case 3, the Cruiser Guitar, made for the Gavinners' fifth anniversary, can be plainly seen.

EVIDENCE!

Spoiler: Examine the Cruiser Guitar in 4-3
Trucy: Ooh! A "Cruiser Guitar"! They sold those to commemorate five years of the band.

This guitar should not exist for two more years!
Proud creator of a universe where Daryan's hair controls his mind...
Re: Small continuity error?Topic%20Title

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Obviously, Klavier started his band in the garage when he was 12, they just didn't put out any records or go on tour until 4/5 years later.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Chaos wolf

J-Max Holmes wrote:
My T&T version for the DS says Whip-Lash Splash. Must have changed in translation :eh?:

The English language in the Japanese release of T&T says "Whippity Whip Trip". The English in AAI says "Whippity Whip Trip". As you said, I guess they must have changed it for the Western versions of T&T.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64

MirrorX14 wrote:
So we all know about the Gavinners stage in case 3, but there's a contradiction in it... On the stage in case 3, the Cruiser Guitar, made for the Gavinners' fifth anniversary, can be plainly seen.

EVIDENCE!

Trucy: Ooh! A "Cruiser Guitar"! They sold those to commemorate five years of the band.

They sold those to commemorate five years of the band. As in, to the public. It's perfectly possible for the guitar to have existed before that, just not availible to the public. It was probably made specially for one of the Gavinners band members.

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

Could somebody please explain this? http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Mike_Meekins

PCHOOO

Oh shoot they're right!

Spoiler: AAI-3
For some reason when I was playing AAI and saw Meekins, I had it in my head that by AJ's time he was a baillif. I completely forgot that it was actually during Phoenix's section in the past that you saw Meekins, which does indeed take place the next month. Weird!

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

capefeather wrote:
Could somebody please explain this? http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Mike_Meekins

Mike Meekins is befuddled easily and mistakes years for weeks.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

1000% Knight

As someone on the link mentioned, AAI case 3 could've been the straw that broke the camel's back.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Or just Mipe for short

Spoiler: Case 5
I don't think the layout of the embassy makes sense. When you're inside the lobby, Allebasht lies to the left and Babahl to the right. You can see each side's courtyard from the glass windows. Looking at the picture in the Embassy Guide, this would mean the back wall of the room you're in would also be the actual back wall of the Theatrum Neutralis. Yet, the doors on the back wall apparently lead to the theater proper, while in the picture the only thing there is the wall separating the courtyards.

My name is Judge.

Mask*DeMasque wrote:
MirrorX14 wrote:

EVIDENCE!

They sold those to commemorate five years of the band. As in, to the public. It's perfectly possible for the guitar to have existed before that, just not availible to the public. It was probably made specially for one of the Gavinners band members.

Or it could have been made at least 2 years before AJ, it never specifies WHEN the 5th anniversary of the band was.

Real Life drabbles makes my head explode

Percei wrote:
Or it could have been made at least 2 years before AJ, it never specifies WHEN the 5th anniversary of the band was.

Spoiler: AAI Case 3
Then how is it possible that Phoenix has still his blue suit with Maya and Pearl in the Gatewater Land in the background? He should have been adopting Trucy by that time.

Not a contradiction, but I think it's just me.

Spoiler: AAI Case 5
Water VS. Weight
How is it possible that Manny is still floating when he was placed in the pushcart? He should have been submerged in the water. Enlighten me more, because I think it's impossible for a person to float since the pushcart is too small for a boat-like

Gettin' Old!

Marinakoko17 wrote:

Then how is it possible that Phoenix has still his blue suit with Maya and Pearl in the Gatewater Land in the background? He should have been adopting Trucy by that time.

Wrong it's set around the time of T+T. Phoenix still has his badge.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Marinakoko17 wrote:
Spoiler: AAI Case 5
Water VS. Weight
How is it possible that Manny is still floating when he was placed in the pushcart? He should have been submerged in the water. Enlighten me more, because I think it's impossible for a person to float since the pushcart is too small for a boat-like

Spoiler:
Floating is about density, not weight. That's how they have concrete ships.

Anyway, the human body floats, and the push-cart was probably made of wood, which also floats.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Real Life drabbles makes my head explode

Pierre wrote:
Marinakoko17 wrote:

True, but I'm referring the Gavinner's guitar in the stage. Yes, I knew that it sets before the case of Zak.

@Bad Player: Thanks, I'm not good with density things :yuusaku:

Marinakoko17 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Marinakoko17 wrote:

True, but I'm referring the Gavinner's guitar in the stage. Yes, I knew that it sets before the case of Zak.

Haven't I already explained this?
Mask*DeMasque wrote:
MirrorX14 wrote:

EVIDENCE!

Also, Pierre said at least 2 years, meaning that it could be more (7 years, perhaps?)

I'm guessing this isn't really a contradiction (because if it was, I think someone would've brought it up already xD) but this is my third time playing case 4 and I still don't get it:

Spoiler: Case 4+5
In that set-up crime scene where it looks like Prosecutor Faraday and Mack Rell killed each other at the same time, why the heck did Calisto put the gun in Prosecutor Faraday's right hand? It didn't bother me while playing the case for the first time, but then in case 5 you find out that they spent a few years together as the Yatagarasu and probably know each other well. If so, shouldn't Calisto know that the guy is left-handed by now? Was it even her who set up the scene? I thought it was, but now I'm just confused.

What am I missing here!?

Merrel wrote:
I'm guessing this isn't really a contradiction (because if it was, I think someone would've brought it up already xD) but this is my third time playing case 4 and I still don't get it:

Spoiler: Case 4+5
In that set-up crime scene where it looks like Prosecutor Faraday and Mack Rell killed each other at the same time, why the heck did Calisto put the gun in Prosecutor Faraday's right hand? It didn't bother me while playing the case for the first time, but then in case 5 you find out that they spent a few years together as the Yatagarasu and probably know each other well. If so, shouldn't Calisto know that the guy is left-handed by now? Was it even her who set up the scene? I thought it was, but now I'm just confused.

What am I missing here!?

Calisto was laughing too hard to notice which hand she put it in.

Haha, Mask*DeMasque :D That actually sounds plausible.

But anyway, I think I answered my own question.

Calisto pretty much says later on that she didn't know. So I guess she was just being dumb or something.

Regy Rusty wrote:
Guys we're retreading old ground here. That 'contradiction' with the video tape was already discussed and explained earlier in the thread.

See page 4.

The discussion on page four ended with an incorrect conclusion, though.

Regy Rusty wrote:
Mask*DeMasque wrote:
First of all, my last sentence was NOT incorrect. It is possible to set some televisions to turn off automatically at a certain time. I have done it before. Also, it was not Edgeworth and Gumshoe that went into the room, it was Calisto, Badd, and Gumshoe. Finally, the TV had to be off when they entered. Otherwise, it would be making a very loud static sound, which would indicate that someone turned on the TV after the muder, which contradicts the theory that Faraday and Rell killed each other.

Actually the TV was not off when Edgeworth and Gumshoe went in. If you recall, it was a significant plot point that the static started (startling Edgeworth and Gumshoe) without anyone touching the TV. The tape had reached the very end at that precise point. That's what I meant about your last sentence being wrong - yes it is possible to do, but it did not happen in this case.

Check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaaAokZeLQ
At about five minutes in, Gumshoe blatantly turns the TV on himself, and there is even dialogue where Detective Badd scolds him for disturbing a crime scene. It was not, in anyway, a significant plot point that the static started on its own. The important part was how loud it was.

Ergo, we can assume that Calisto set a sleep timer to match up with the spot on the video where the gunshot occurred (this is not a difficult thing to do. Say for example the gunshot occurred at 00:43:06. You could then rewind to 00:13:07 and then set a sleep timer for 30 minutes. The TV would turn off immediately after the gunshot, so even if they were standing outside, heard the gunshot, and then ran in as soon as they could (which I know did not and could not happen), the TV would already be off).

I don't know if this contradiction was brought up or not, but I felt it's something that has to be addressed.

The entire case is built upon how someone in a badger costume shot the victim. Could someone explain to me how a costume with big fat mittens like the badger could possibly pull a trigger? The size of the mittens on the costume is an in-universe factor as well since it was used to prove that it wouldn't allow someone to wield a sword with two hands.

Edgey sighs at you.

Marinakoko17 wrote:

I've been wondering, where in the heck in the game IS this? I've heard it mentioned by several people that you can see Phoenix with Maya and Pearl at Gatewater land, but I've failed to spot them each time I've done the case (admittedly it's only two, but still...)

Where exactly are they? :yuusaku: And for a real contradiction,

Rikun85 wrote:
I don't know if this contradiction was brought up or not, but I felt it's something that has to be addressed.

The entire case is built upon how someone in a badger costume shot the victim. Could someone explain to me how a costume with big fat mittens like the badger could possibly pull a trigger? The size of the mittens on the costume is an in-universe factor as well since it was used to prove that it wouldn't allow someone to wield a sword with two hands.

This has been bothering me too. Especially given that the guns were revolvers, which don't have a lot of room where you pull the trigger.
Phoenix/Maya, Edgeworth/Franziska. 'Nuff said.
Page 6 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby