"I just want to know one thing"

Come Gumshoe, the game, 'Ace Attorney Investigations', is afoot.
Post Reply
Regy Rusty
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Custom Title: PCHOOO

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Regy Rusty »

No it isn't.
Flex
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 am
Custom Title: Let me laugh at the AWESOME!!!
Location: U.K.

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Flex »

Regy Rusty wrote:No it isn't.


Spoiler:
Yes it is. But I think all he says is something about how people like to rent boats and stuff. He doesn't mention Phoenix.
"OMG Gumshoe!! You're spinning!!"ImageImageImageImageImage
Regy Rusty
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Custom Title: PCHOOO

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Regy Rusty »

Spoiler:
... which means the bridge, not Phoenix is an examinable area, which is what I said. You get that comment no matter where you're standing or facing on the bridge.
Shalashaskka
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm
Custom Title: 12 shots...this time, I've got 12 shots.
Location: Canada

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Shalashaskka »

I have no idea if this goes in this thread specifically...but I think its the most appropriate one.

In regards to the murder scene in case 2...

Spoiler:
Why is that airplane so freaking' big!? I mean an elevator AND a restaurant floor? That's like...wow...
Image
Rhyme
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:06 am
Custom Title: Stupid character limit.

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Rhyme »

Shalashaskka wrote:I have no idea if this goes in this thread specifically...but I think its the most appropriate one.

In regards to the murder scene in case 2...

Spoiler:
Why is that airplane so freaking' big!? I mean an elevator AND a restaurant floor? That's like...wow...


Not really a spoiler, I guess, but he is flying first class. I know AAI takes place in the future, so some aspects of the fancy plane might be fictional (Like the elevator), but as far as I know, first class today is still pretty sweet, most do have the sofa-like seats and lounges. :hotti:
Scott
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 am
Custom Title: Tenkai Star

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Scott »

Spoiler: Gatewater Land Sub-plot
Who was the real Proto Badger and what happened with the Photo Rally?
Mask*DeMasque
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:43 am
Custom Title: Consider this puzzle solved.
Location: Isn't it obvious?

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Mask*DeMasque »

Scott wrote:
Spoiler: Gatewater Land Sub-plot
Who was the real Proto Badger and what happened with the Photo Rally?

Spoiler:
No one knows.... OOOoooOOOoooOOOooo...
But, seriously, they never say.
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?
Alpha
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:46 pm
Custom Title: NOOOOOOOOOO MY INSTANT NOODLES
Location: Where I am.

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Alpha »

Mask*DeMasque wrote:
Scott wrote:
Spoiler: Gatewater Land Sub-plot
Who was the real Proto Badger and what happened with the Photo Rally?

Spoiler:
No one knows.... OOOoooOOOoooOOOooo...
But, seriously, they never say.
Spoiler: AAI-3
It's never explicitly stated who the Proto Badger is, but from his mannerisms and such, you can tell that it's the Bellboy.

The Photo Rally is completely forgotten after Lance is confronted, though. :\
Image
Image
"Every time I talk to Oldbag, my biological clock goes up by ten months"
Scott
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 am
Custom Title: Tenkai Star

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Scott »

Alpha wrote:
Mask*DeMasque wrote:
Scott wrote:
Spoiler: Gatewater Land Sub-plot
Who was the real Proto Badger and what happened with the Photo Rally?

Spoiler:
No one knows.... OOOoooOOOoooOOOooo...
But, seriously, they never say.
Spoiler: AAI-3
It's never explicitly stated who the Proto Badger is, but from his mannerisms and such, you can tell that it's the Bellboy.

The Photo Rally is completely forgotten after Lance is confronted, though. :\


Explains why I didn't realise who the Proto Badger was. I haven't played the rest of the series for over a year.
G0dot
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Custom Title: Coffee-addict

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by G0dot »

wait a minute Franziska has a sister?????? I call bullshit on that one
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over
Image
G0dot
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Custom Title: Coffee-addict

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by G0dot »

Rhyme wrote:
Shalashaskka wrote:
Spoiler:
I have no idea if this goes in this thread specifically...but I think its the most appropriate one.

In regards to the murder scene in case 2...

[spoiler=]Why is that airplane so freaking' big!? I mean an elevator AND a restaurant floor? That's like...wow...


Not really a spoiler, I guess, but he is flying first class. I know AAI takes place in the future, so some aspects of the fancy plane might be fictional (Like the elevator), but as far as I know, first class today is still pretty sweet, most do have the sofa-like seats and lounges. :hotti:[/spoiler]


Its not fiction anymore. Right now airline companies have in fact designed certain planes known as the Airbus. I haven't seen its interior yet but I guess you can say if the plane in AAI has three levels and the third level can fit a giant totem statue then I guess the Airbus has a long way to go
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over
Image
Icarus
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am
Custom Title: Mipeltaja = the real badass
Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Icarus »

G0dot wrote:wait a minute Franziska has a sister?????? I call bullshit on that one


Manfred mentioned a granddaughter several times in 1-4.

Franziska probably didn't get TEEN PREGNANT.

Let's combine these two pieces of logic, eh?

woooooooooooooooosh

Manfred has another daughter!
Billie Jean is not my lover.
Image
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Pennsylvaina

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Tomoshibi Amatsu »

Spoiler:
So for case 4. I was wondering if we're to suppose that Edgey in case 4 is the same Edgey that Phoenix would soon confront in Ace Attorney.... Then what's with the contradiction? In case 4 Edgey went to the trouble of saving Gumshoe and finding the real culprit. In Ace Attorney he didn't seem to care if he was getting an innocent person proclaimed guilty. Which is weird considering that you'd think Edgey's investigative skills would have brought him to the same conclusions as Phoenix.
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Pierre »

Spoiler:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:So for case 4. I was wondering if we're to suppose that Edgey in case 4 is the same Edgey that Phoenix would soon confront in Ace Attorney.... Then what's with the contradiction? In case 4 Edgey went to the trouble of saving Gumshoe and finding the real culprit. In Ace Attorney he didn't seem to care if he was getting an innocent person proclaimed guilty. Which is weird considering that you'd think Edgey's investigative skills would have brought him to the same conclusions as Phoenix.

Spoiler: AAI1-4
I wouldn't say it was that he was in a rush to settle a verdict and no this wasn't the Edgeworth Phoenix was soon to confront. It was the Edgeworth Mia was soon to confront.

In order to live up to the Von Karma name (a hefty theme in Case 4) the 'perfect' investigation needed to be performed. Now considering all they had was the Judges' testimony and the fact Gumshoe was standing guard at the door to suggest he was the killer, it's not exactly a 'perfect' investigation now is it? Especially when they had already started investigating the scene and discovered other evidence that would otherwise go unsolved.

If anything it was Yew who was in a rush to pin the blame the Gumshoe and see him guilty but anyways...
Edgeworth didn't care for getting Gumshoe off the hook, but the investigation wasn't 'perfectly' complete when he was accused. It's this that drives him to finish the investigation, Franziska too so really he just finished his investigation.

Because at the end of the day to a Von Karma it doesn't matter who gets the guilty verdict so long as someone ends up convicted.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Pennsylvaina

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Tomoshibi Amatsu »

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:So for case 4. I was wondering if we're to suppose that Edgey in case 4 is the same Edgey that Phoenix would soon confront in Ace Attorney.... Then what's with the contradiction? In case 4 Edgey went to the trouble of saving Gumshoe and finding the real culprit. In Ace Attorney he didn't seem to care if he was getting an innocent person proclaimed guilty. Which is weird considering that you'd think Edgey's investigative skills would have brought him to the same conclusions as Phoenix.

Spoiler: AAI1-4
I wouldn't say it was that he was in a rush to settle a verdict and no this wasn't the Edgeworth Phoenix was soon to confront. It was the Edgeworth Mia was soon to confront.

In order to live up to the Von Karma name (a hefty theme in Case 4) the 'perfect' investigation needed to be performed. Now considering all they had was the Judges' testimony and the fact Gumshoe was standing guard at the door to suggest he was the killer, it's not exactly a 'perfect' investigation now is it? Especially when they had already started investigating the scene and discovered other evidence that would otherwise go unsolved.

If anything it was Yew who was in a rush to pin the blame the Gumshoe and see him guilty but anyways...
Edgeworth didn't care for getting Gumshoe off the hook, but the investigation wasn't 'perfectly' complete when he was accused. It's this that drives him to finish the investigation, Franziska too so really he just finished his investigation.

Because at the end of the day to a Von Karma it doesn't matter who gets the guilty verdict so long as someone ends up convicted.


Spoiler: AAI Case 4
Regardless of that Edgeworth being the one Mia would face. It's still the same one Phoenix faced before Edgey's enlightenment. My thought though is that despite the perfect investigation thing and being someone more of a jerk at times. AAI Case 4 Edgey seems to be not much different from present day Edgey. I guess that's where I'm confused cause if I look at PW: AA that Edgeworth wouldn't have gone through the trouble of saving Gumshoe in my view.
jycool
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:40 am
Custom Title: Gumlogic

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by jycool »

My question is that only on court records I've seen screenshot that must be from a 6th case but I've herd/saw any other things proving so why in the world is that?
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Croik »

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Spoiler: AAI Case 4
Regardless of that Edgeworth being the one Mia would face. It's still the same one Phoenix faced before Edgey's enlightenment. My thought though is that despite the perfect investigation thing and being someone more of a jerk at times. AAI Case 4 Edgey seems to be not much different from present day Edgey. I guess that's where I'm confused cause if I look at PW: AA that Edgeworth wouldn't have gone through the trouble of saving Gumshoe in my view.

Spoiler:
I actually agree with you here. Edgeworth PW doesn't care two shakes about a "perfect investigation" - he just prosecutes who the DA tells him to. And in his first case as prosecutor he was very willing to hide information from the court rather than try and fit it into his explanation. GK-4 Edgeworth is a lot more forgiving and fair than other flashback versions of him.


Also there is no 6th case, any screenshot you've seen that wasn't in the game was probably one of the development shots (aka beta materials that were never used).
ImageImage
Bad Player
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 6932
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Custom Title: 1000% Knight

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler: case 4
But while he may prosecute who the DA tells him to, that hasn't happened yet. If you ran out of life and Gummy was arrested, and then Edgey was the prosecutor for the case, I'm sure he would've tried to get a guilty verdict for Gummy. But since he was just conducting the investigation, and since there were some loose ends, he was probably more willing to investigate.

While I think that case4!Edgey is a lot closer to enlightened!Edgey than AA!Edgey, the fact that it was just for an investigation, and not an actual trial, can be used to explain his actions, and while he may not have acted exactly as one would expect from AA and 3-4, it can still be salvaged from being completed OOC.
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
VampireNaomi
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by VampireNaomi »

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have a question about Cece Yew.

Spoiler:
In the beginning of the fourth case, von Karma says that Cece was an employee at the Amano Group. However, several websites say that she worked at the Cohdopian Embassy. I'm currently writing a fic in which Cece will have a large role, and this is driving me insane. Is the embassy detail just a mistake, or did she work there at some point, too?
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Pierre »

VampireNaomi wrote:I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have a question about Cece Yew.

Spoiler:
In the beginning of the fourth case, von Karma says that Cece was an employee at the Amano Group. However, several websites say that she worked at the Cohdopian Embassy. I'm currently writing a fic in which Cece will have a large role, and this is driving me insane. Is the embassy detail just a mistake, or did she work there at some point, too?


Spoiler:
That IS odd....sure your not mixing her up with Deid Mann victim of the second KG-8 incident who worked at the Cohdopian Embassy?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
VampireNaomi
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by VampireNaomi »

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:
That IS odd....sure your not mixing her up with Deid Mann victim of the second KG-8 incident who worked at the Cohdopian Embassy?


Spoiler: Cece Yew question
Yeah, I'm sure. For example, Cece's page at the Ace Attorney Wiki says she worked at the Cohdopian Embassy. Manny Coachen's profile at Court Records says, "and even went so far as to murder fellow employee Cece Yew when she was about to reveal their secrets."
Bad Player
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 6932
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Custom Title: 1000% Knight

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler: Cece
I would trust the game over websites. But even if Manny Manfred (argh, that's why I hate Manny) said Cece worked for the Amano Group at the beginning of case 4, the game might contradict itself and there could've been another part of the case (or in case 5) where it said Cece worked at the Cohdopian Embassy. Whether she worked at the Amano Group or the embassy, she was in a good location to learn about the smuggling ring, so we can't use logic to eliminate one of the options...

I just replayed this case, but I don't remember any mention of where she worked...
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Croik »

Spoiler: case 4
She worked for the Amano Group. The first time through the game I misread and thought she worked for the embassy same as Deed did, so that was up on the site, and I still have to finish a few updates.
ImageImage
VampireNaomi
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by VampireNaomi »

Croik wrote:
Spoiler: case 4
She worked for the Amano Group. The first time through the game I misread and thought she worked for the embassy same as Deed did, so that was up on the site, and I still have to finish a few updates.


Alright, thanks for the info. You just saved me from a lot of headache.
Merrel
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Merrel »

Just a curiosity question.

Spoiler: Case 3+4+5...and AA case 5
Did anyone else think that Kay got kidnapped by Calisto at the end of case 4? Was that what the creators were hinting at a bit? At the time, I speculated that after killing Kay's father, Calisto took Kay away with her while running out of the courthouse and made Kay the successor to the Yatagarasu, which is why Kay kept calling herself the Yatagarasu in case 3. Kind of like how Manfred von Karma killed Miles' father, and then raised Miles as the successor to the von Karma name. Of course, literally five seconds later, Kay tells you that she went off to live with her mother's family. And that she was following in her father's footsteps as the Yatagarasu. It was a bit of a let-down.
MapleRose
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 pm
Custom Title: PL vs PW <33
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by MapleRose »

Merrel wrote:Just a curiosity question.

Spoiler: Case 3+4+5...and AA case 5
Did anyone else think that Kay got kidnapped by Calisto at the end of case 4? Was that what the creators were hinting at a bit? At the time, I speculated that after killing Kay's father, Calisto took Kay away with her while running out of the courthouse and made Kay the successor to the Yatagarasu, which is why Kay kept calling herself the Yatagarasu in case 3. Kind of like how Manfred von Karma killed Miles' father, and then raised Miles as the successor to the von Karma name. Of course, literally five seconds later, Kay tells you that she went off to live with her mother's family. And that she was following in her father's footsteps as the Yatagarasu. It was a bit of a let-down.

Spoiler: case 4+5
I don't think it was ever implied that Calisto kidnapped Kay. Edgeworth had no idea Von Karma was responsible for his father's death, so he had no problems being raised by him. Kay was there, and might have overheard Edgey's confrontation, and therefore knew (or has an idea) that Calisto killed her father. So she wouldn't agree to be raised by Calisto. Besides, I think Calisto would see Kay more as a burden if she had to raise her. She got the key back, and that's all she needed. Kay's insistence that she was the Yatagarasu was because she found Little Thief on her dad's bookself (or something like that).
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
Image
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Merrel
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Merrel »

Spoiler: case 4+5
After they told you the truth about where Kay went, I obviously stopped thinking about the whole kidnapping thing, but they made such a big deal about "I wonder where Kay is, we should go find her" at the end of that case that it was the first thing that jumped into my mind. I couldn't figure out why they talked about it so much if it wasn't going to be important. So I was pretty annoyed when they were just like, "Oh, Kay went to live with her mother's family."

Also, I did notice the whole part where Kay found her father's secret diary and Little Thief. That part wasn't until right after the part I'm talking about, though, so up to that point I still thought that Calisto was the Yatagarasu.

Anyway, even if it doesn't make much sense, I just wanted to know if anyone had the same spontaneous thought as I did on that part. That's all.
RoundedEdge
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 am
Custom Title: Ace Fangirl
Location: Under your porch, because I love you
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by RoundedEdge »

I'm sure that this has been asked before, but
Spoiler: Case 4
Did they screw up the ages in this case? Because from what I gathered from the previous cases, there's a two year age gap between Franziska and Kay, but in Case 4, Kay is 10, while Franziska is 13, meaning there's a three year age gap. Also, shouldn't Edgeworth be 19 in the case, not 20 (or have I just been thinking about this wrong the whole time? I've always been under the impression that AAI takes place in about the same time frame as T&T, and that would make him 26 during AAI)

But by looking at the timeline, I think that I've worked out that Franziska and Edgeworth are a year too old, but Manfred's age seems right.

The only explanation I can think of is that it's a clue to when the characters' birthdays are, but seeing as none of the AA characters have any confirmed birthdays...
MapleRose
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 pm
Custom Title: PL vs PW <33
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by MapleRose »

RoundedEdge wrote:I'm sure that this has been asked before, but
Spoiler: Case 4
Did they screw up the ages in this case? Because from what I gathered from the previous cases, there's a two year age gap between Franziska and Kay, but in Case 4, Kay is 10, while Franziska is 13, meaning there's a three year age gap. Also, shouldn't Edgeworth be 19 in the case, not 20 (or have I just been thinking about this wrong the whole time? I've always been under the impression that AAI takes place in about the same time frame as T&T, and that would make him 26 during AAI)

But by looking at the timeline, I think that I've worked out that Franziska and Edgeworth are a year too old, but Manfred's age seems right.

The only explanation I can think of is that it's a clue to when the characters' birthdays are, but seeing as none of the AA characters have any confirmed birthdays...

Spoiler: Case 4
Yeah, I think they made a mistake there with the ages and years, once again. AAI takes place about a month after T&T (in March, whereas 3-5 is in Feb, and judging by Gumshoe and Franziska's ages it should be in the same year). Case 4 takes place "7 years ago", but if you go by Franziska and Gumshoe's (and Edgeworth himself, being at 26) ages in case 4, it seems more like 6 years ago. However, Kay's age matches up, and going by the timeline it'd actually be 7 and half years ago.

But then again, Edgey's age has always been a paradox. He was 20 when he debuted in Feb 16, 2012, yet in March 20 2018 (2-4 case), a little over 6 years later, he is 25 (he only aged 5 years in 6 years?). An explanation could be that when he "debuted at age 20", he's not actually 20 yet, but is going to turn 20 later in the year. And in 2-4, he hasn't passed his 26th birtday yet, so his age is listed at 25 (ie there's a discrepancy in how the ages are counted in those cases) I can't remember if it explicitly said Edgey was 20 during AAI-4, maybe he actually is 19 at that time (ie he turned 19 that year)

With Franziska, you have: Sept 2011 Franzy = 13; Mar 2019 Franzy = 19. So at the time of AAI-4, Franziska is actually 12 going on 13 (she will be turning 13 some time between Sept - Dec that year). But the rest of AAI, she's actually 19 going on 20 (of course, then there's the glaring contradiction between 2-2 and 2-4, in that her age didn't change, even though 2-2 was June and 2-4 was March the year after)

In summary, Capcom can't count XD But Edgey's probably 19 going on 20, and Franziska is 12 going on 13 in AAI-4
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
Image
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Cissy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:11 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Cissy »

.....................................
Last edited by Cissy on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Player
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 6932
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Custom Title: 1000% Knight

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler: case 2
Why was the smuggling ring smuggling Alef Red? I mean, if they were smuggling Babahlese ink and counterfeit Zheng Fa bills, I don't see where the statue fits in...
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Ping'
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm
Custom Title: Two more games coming up soon
Location: Paris

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Ping' »

Spoiler: case 2
For money, what else? It's safer to diversify your business activities.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break
Bad Player
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 6932
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Custom Title: 1000% Knight

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler: case 2
*sigh* I suppose...

I just wish that then they had said something in case 5 that the smuggling ring's main thing was the counterfeit bills, or that that's what Interpol was concentrating on at the moment. I interpreted it as the counterfeit bills were the only things they were smuggling, but oh well...
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Croik »

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: case 2
*sigh* I suppose...

I just wish that then they had said something in case 5 that the smuggling ring's main thing was the counterfeit bills, or that that's what Interpol was concentrating on at the moment. I interpreted it as the counterfeit bills were the only things they were smuggling, but oh well...


Spoiler:
Manny did have a safe full of stolen artifacts. I think Franziska said they were priceless national treasures, same as Alif Red. With an operation as big as Alba's it's easy to imagine they were trafficking in all sorts of goods--they were focusing on the bills because they were devastating Zheng Fa's economy (and if they get them for the bills they pretty much get them for everything).
ImageImage
Bad Player
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 6932
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Custom Title: 1000% Knight

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Bad Player »

Croik wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: case 2
*sigh* I suppose...

I just wish that then they had said something in case 5 that the smuggling ring's main thing was the counterfeit bills, or that that's what Interpol was concentrating on at the moment. I interpreted it as the counterfeit bills were the only things they were smuggling, but oh well...


Spoiler:
Manny did have a safe full of stolen artifacts. I think Franziska said they were priceless national treasures, same as Alif Red. With an operation as big as Alba's it's easy to imagine they were trafficking in all sorts of goods--they were focusing on the bills because they were devastating Zheng Fa's economy (and if they get them for the bills they pretty much get them for everything).

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. That makes it much better and more consistent :3
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
KingRaptor
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 pm
Custom Title: (Sp)ace Detective

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by KingRaptor »

Spoiler: AAI4/5
The three raven's legs on the Yatagarasu emblem presumably represent its three members, but do they mean anything on Alba's directives cards?
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.
Icarus
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am
Custom Title: Mipeltaja = the real badass
Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Icarus »

KingRaptor wrote:
Spoiler: AAI4/5
The three raven's legs on the Yatagarasu emblem presumably represent its three members, but do they mean anything on Alba's directives cards?


Spoiler: oh no this gives away the whole game
He's bragging about his penis. Ignore him.
Billie Jean is not my lover.
Image
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Croik »

KingRaptor wrote:
Spoiler: AAI4/5
The three raven's legs on the Yatagarasu emblem presumably represent its three members, but do they mean anything on Alba's directives cards?


As much as I snerked at Icarus' explanation...

Spoiler:
I don't think it's ever specified, but the Yatagarasu is seen as a very powerful being in general, sometimes acting as a symbol of divine intervention. That's probably why Alba chose it, without any extra symbolism.
ImageImage
aquajet16
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:32 pm
Custom Title: The Glimmerous Fop
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by aquajet16 »

Spoiler: Hmmm
Is the Judge on Case 4 the same judge in the GS games (Udgey) ?
Lunaria42
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5333
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
Custom Title: Moving on up!
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Post by Lunaria42 »

aquajet16 wrote:
Spoiler: Hmmm
Is the Judge on Case 4 the same judge in the GS games (Udgey) ?


Yes.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Post Reply