Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 8 of 11[ 435 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Re: Books!Topic%20Title

You all need to read Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk and The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gatiss <3
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Steel Samourai's Fan

Never noticed this topic before! I have to say, I LOVE to read and I read really fast. Though I usually read in french, I sometime read in english too. There a list of my favorite books:

-Harry Potter
-Twillight serie (Though I only like the Volturi)
-Pendragon serie
-Darren Shan saga
-Philip Pullman trilogy "His dark materials"
- A Series of Unfortunates Events books
- The Hunger Games
- Battle Royale
- All Patrick Senecal's books (Patrick Senecal is a French Canadian writer. He write horror books. One of his best book is "Aliss" a very twisted version of "Alice in Wonderland". Sorry, but his books are only in french yet...)
-Amos Daragon series (The writer is Bryan Perro, a French Canadian, but some of the books have been translated in English)
-Knight of Emerald saga (Writed by Anne Robillard, a French Canadian, but almost all the saga have been translated in english)
- The chronicles of Narnia

There's many others book that I like a lot, but it will be too long to list them all... Because I read mostly any fantasy and horror books I can find and I like most of them... :will:
Godot and his coffee cup, an eternal love!

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Fantasy and horror, eh? You're like me, I go to the library and check out any new fantasy and horror book I can find, and repeat.

The Hungry City Chronicles is intriguing. Imagine a world where large cities eat smaller cities, who in turn eats towns, who eats *starts rambling* Anyways, it's interesting and set a couple centuries after a World War 3, I think.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Ace Fangirl

Dawn wrote:
Fantasy and horror, eh? You're like me, I go to the library and check out any new fantasy and horror book I can find, and repeat.

The Hungry City Chronicles is intriguing. Imagine a world where large cities eat smaller cities, who in turn eats towns, who eats *starts rambling* Anyways, it's interesting and set a couple centuries after a World War 3, I think.

That last sentence did nothing to help me to understand the time frame the book takes place in.

Um, anyway, I just finished reading HP and the Half Blood Prince, only for the second time. I need to read the last one.

The Man With The Lethal Pencil

Fiction:
The Dexter series
The Hitchhiker's Guide series
Hercule Poirot Book series by Agatha Christie
The Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Mafia Trilogy by Mario Puzo
The Asian Saga by James Clavell
Exodus by Leon Uris
A Time To Kill, The Chamber, The Firm & The Client by John Grisham
The Odyssey
The Illiad
and
Hart's War

Non-Fiction:
Whatever Happened To Orson Welles?
This Terrible Business Has Been Good To Me by Norman Jewison
The Kill Bill Diary by David Carradine
God's War: A New History Of The Crusades
What we got here is...failure to communicate

RoundedEdge wrote:
Dawn wrote:

That last sentence did nothing to help me to understand the time frame the book takes place in.

Um, anyway, I just finished reading HP and the Half Blood Prince, only for the second time. I need to read the last one.

Well it didn't really say exactly what time period it's in, and there was a war. A sixty minute war. It's complicated, to say the truth.

You can practically say I read a lot of Sci-Fi and Fantasy stuff. Anyways, a small listing would be

--The Temeraire Series (I'm actually working though Victory of Eagles right now)
--The Chronicles of Narnia series
--Harry Potter
--The Dragon Quartet (Which is basically 4 books, The book of Earth, the Book of Water, the Book of Fire, and the Book of Air)
--The Hitchhiker's Guide series (I was just able to get the new one, "And Another Thing" but I have yet to get to it to read)
--His Dark Materials trilogy
--Basically anything written by Terry Brooks
--Several of the Star Wars books
--Eragon and Eldest (I have yet to get to Brisingir although I do have it)

And there's more books of which that I have but not bothering to list because I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. (Especially the Dragonriders of Pern series, I just have so many books with such little time to sit down and read anymore I have a couple of those ones just sitting on my shelf gathering dust)

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I just finished reading a book that hasn't come out yet~

Spoiler: explanation why
My dad works at a newspapers, he's the head of edititng pictures for newspapers like the Times, the Sun and others too. (He sometimes does P3 Girls :hotti: )

*ahem* anyway, at his work there is a cubpoard full of uncorrected proofs of books, CD's, DVDS and very rarely games. Once they are checked they are put in this cupboard and anyone can take them home if they want to, for free. And he picked up this book for me that will be released in the UK in august, titled 'The maze runner'

IT IS AWESOME. It's about this camp of boys who live inside a place called 'The glade'. The glade has a farm, and beds etc, it's not bad. But outside the glade is a huge maze full of monsters called 'Creepers'. Every day 10 boys go into the maze to try and find an exit.
I'll leave it at that, dont want to spoil too much now.

The member who doesn't swear much

P!ATD, I envy your dad. *shot* No, no, for the books and stuff! Not the P3 girls! (Nah, just the P3 gi-*shot*)

Oh, and I rate 3 Men in a Boat 6-7/10. I found some of it funny but a lot of it's dull and confusing.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

:)

Romeo wrote:

[spoiler=explanation why]My dad works at a newspapers, he's the head of edititng pictures for newspapers like the Times, the Sun and others too. (He sometimes does P3 Girls :hotti: )

My aunt is a manager at waterstones and she gave me a couple of uncorrected proofs of books too. I got the three books from the House Of Night series from her. Main character's a total slag.

My aunt gave me some Meg Cabot books from the library today. I think her books are boring.

Faceless

My favorite genre is science fiction and I do tend to like kinda old books.

Some of my favorites include:
The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov
The Ender Saga/ Bean Saga? (Pretty sure that's not the right name for the series) - Orson Scott Card
1984- George Orwell
Brave New World- Aldous Huxley
Animal Farm - George Orwell
War of the Worlds, The Invisible Man, The Time Machine - H. G. Wells
Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift
Currently seeking adoption. It's so lonely out here...

Romeo wrote:

Spoiler: explanation why
My dad works at a newspapers, he's the head of edititng pictures for newspapers like the Times, the Sun and others too. (He sometimes does P3 Girls :hotti: )

*ahem* anyway, at his work there is a cubpoard full of uncorrected proofs of books, CD's, DVDS and very rarely games. Once they are checked they are put in this cupboard and anyone can take them home if they want to, for free. And he picked up this book for me that will be released in the UK in august, titled 'The maze runner'

IT IS AWESOME. It's about this camp of boys who live inside a place called 'The glade'. The glade has a farm, and beds etc, it's not bad. But outside the glade is a huge maze full of monsters called 'Creepers'. Every day 10 boys go into the maze to try and find an exit.
I'll leave it at that, dont want to spoil too much now.

XD I finished that book. Now, I'm stuck waiting for the second book. It's pretty good, and my English teacher recommended it to me.

12 shots...this time, I've got 12 shots.

Dune...'nuff said.

Call me Ishmael.

Hahaha, I tried out one of Salinger's other books, but after two "chapters" or so I realized that it was actually a collection of short stories.

I'm also reading The Master and Margarita. It's great.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

BSX wrote:
P!ATD, I envy your dad. *shot* No, no, for the books and stuff! Not the P3 girls! (Nah, just the P3 gi-*shot*)

Oh, and I rate 3 Men in a Boat 6-7/10. I found some of it funny but a lot of it's dull and confusing.

P!ATD? Im Romeo~
aw who cares anyway?

Dawn wrote:

I think i read that one...All the cities have legs or wheels, right? It was so long ago now...

As for my current reads and reccomends, I suggest you read a simplified version of The Tempest. It's kind of funny, i underestimated william shakespears work. And read the time travellers wife. It is excellent. And Ostrich boys. And Molly Moon, shes awesome too.

Romeo wrote:
BSX wrote:

P!ATD? Im Romeo~
aw who cares anyway?

Oh God, how did that happen? Sorry.

I'm currently reading The Great Gatsby and The Salmon of Doubt. Both are good.

Ace Fangirl

BSX wrote:
I'm currently reading The Great Gatsby and The Salmon of Doubt. Both are good.

I read the graphic novel of The Great Gatsby about a year ago, but I found it really hard to follow. Maybe it's because the characters were weird animal-people mutanty things. Like seahorses, and chickens.

The Midnight Lurker

Well, at the moment I'm reading The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey in my free time, but I would've finished it months ago if the library didn't fail at shipping the book over~... Also, in my elective class [ha, it still doesn't have a name], we're reading Anthem by someone. Yeah, I forgot the author's name. XD If anyone's interested, I'll go check the name today. Anyways, it's a book written by a girl who came from Russia to America, only to be amazed at how much freedom we had. She wrote many books on that subject, and Anthem was one of them. Anthem takes place in a future where our technology falls back to the middle ages, where we have candles for light and leeches to treat diseases, and everyone must think of everyone, and never of themselves. Everyone has to be equal, and unlike most country's legal systems, everything is forbidden unless there's a law that says it's allowed. It's a really good book, but anybody could have trouble with it since everyone always thinks of themselves and others as 'we' or 'they' and never I or me. Also, the names are hard to remember since they all have numbers, like the main character is Equality 7-2521. Haven't finished it, but it's really good so far....

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

I am a huge fan of Grth Nix and his works. Sabrial, Lirael, abhorse, the keys to the king series...It's all simply amazing.
I just bought Lord sunday, that last in the seires to the Keys to the Kingdom. A definite recomend...

Does anyone share my love?
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

Rarikou wrote:
I am a huge fan of Grth Nix and his works. Sabrial, Lirael, abhorse, the keys to the king series...It's all simply amazing.
I just bought Lord sunday, that last in the seires to the Keys to the Kingdom. A definite recomend...

I like Keys to the Kingdom. But I can't buy Lord Sunday yet because I have too many books to read.

How is it compared to the others?

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

BSX wrote:
Rarikou wrote:

I like Keys to the Kingdom. But I can't buy Lord Sunday yet because I have too many books to read.

How is it compared to the others?

Frankly, thought it was still good, I was a little dissapointed in how he wrapped things up. Only half of the story had arthur's perspective, and Arthur getting the key was simply to easy. I'm not going to ruin it though... except one thing, in a spoiler tag!
Spoiler:
The Leutineat Keeper dies, and Leaf takes his place.

Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

Because I'm in the schools G&T, i get to read and judge the books shortlisted for the Carnegie medal. At the moment I'm reading 'The Vanishing of Katharina Lindensen' which is absolutley amazing. I have only read up to chapter 19, which is about 1/8 of the book. But I have to say, the book does pull you in, especially with the first line.

Spoiler: 1st line
I wish I wasn't the girl whose Grandmother exploded.

Grabbed me by the neck.

Ace Fangirl

I'm quite into non-fiction atm. Right now, I'm reading Tokyo Hostess by Clare Campbell, which is fantastic, but probably not for anyone under 16 (or even 18). It's about this British girl who goes to work in Tokyo as a hostess in a bar, and is murdered by one of her clients. Thrilling.

I'm also reading Horrible Histories - The Terrible Tudors and The Slimy Stuarts - to supplement what we're learning in History at school.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

I was stuck in the library a few weeks back while my friends were in an exam (clever girl that I am, I'd come in too early for mine) and thought I would improve my mind with a classic or too. Thus I got to reading Lolita~

Such an amazing book. The story is very noir and twisted and even though the subject matter (a middle-aged man's infatuation with his twelve-year old stepdaughter) isn't pretty, Nabokov's writing style is beautiful. I absolutely loved it <3
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

The Trusty Nudal!

Harry Potter and The Hunger Games are my favorite series for sure! They are awesome!
My favorite single novel is the House Of The Scorpions by Nancy Farmer.

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
I was stuck in the library a few weeks back while my friends were in an exam (clever girl that I am, I'd come in too early for mine) and thought I would improve my mind with a classic or too. Thus I got to reading Lolita~

Such an amazing book. The story is very noir and twisted and even though the subject matter (a middle-aged man's infatuation with his twelve-year old stepdaughter) isn't pretty, Nabokov's writing style is beautiful. I absolutely loved it <3

I still have to read that one someday. We discussed it during philosophy lessons at school. It seems a very interesting book to me.

As for other books, I love Feist and Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Furthermore, my literature lessons at school made me love some Dutch writers like Louis Couperus. I love Les Misérables and books by Philippe Claudel. I also liked The Three Musketeers and, from German literature, Perfume (there's also a movie based on that book).

Previously Cardiovore

Darren Shan and Dean Koontz are my two all-time fave authors.
I'm currently reading the last book of Shan's "The City" trilogy, and Koontz's "Your Heart Belongs To Me".
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Max Sugar, No Taste

Stephen King is my personal God. I just love the way he writes and how his characters are so likeable you'll miss them when the story ends. Not to mention he scares the crap out of me. <3
His short story collections are the best stuff ever. And I've read Bag of bones about 7 times and it still rocks.

My other favourites are The Darren Shan Saga and K.A Applegate's Remnants. (I know, Applegate could be a better writer, but the series keeps me entertained, so sue me. :D)
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head

Is still absolute trash.

Percei wrote:
Ah... I'm reminded from another topic at possibly the worst book I have ever read. Excuse me, second worst, nothing's worse than Twilight (it killed me to even freaking finish the book). Anyway, the books name is A Seperate Peace. Its extremely boring and slow paced, the homosexual undertones are unbearable, both main characters wallow in whiny self pity, and even after the so called climax, there's like thirty extra pages to give enough room to kill the climax's impact. Thats right, there's both a climax AND an anti-climax.

My Honors English class this past year was supposed to read that, until my classmates, minus me and the other anime geek in our grade, voted that we read Rocket Boys instead.

Anyway, I thought the Darkside series by Tom Becker was pretty good, even though it's probably for 13-15-year-olds. I love the Princess Diaries series, too, and some few other books I can find.

Ne, has anyone here ever heard of the Nightmare Hall series?
*trumpet sounds*

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :godot:

I enjoyed the Darren Shan Saga a few years ago, I read it three times, but I don't know if I'll find it to be good now...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

Previously Cardiovore

End Quote wrote:
I enjoyed the Darren Shan Saga a few years ago, I read it three times, but I don't know if I'll find it to be good now...

I hate that stupid movie they made out of the saga. They murdered it in my opinion. >:( Still didn't diminish my love of the books. In fact it strengthened it.
Word to the wise people: If you're thinking of watching "Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant", don't. Read The Saga of Darren Shan instead.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
End Quote wrote:

I hate that stupid movie they made out of the saga. They murdered it in my opinion. >:( Still didn't diminish my love of the books. In fact it strengthened it.
Word to the wise people: If you're thinking of watching "Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant", don't. Read The Saga of Darren Shan instead.

I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've seen on the trailers and TVTropes I'm not going to watch it. I read it gives away major plotpoints in the first movie which are only revealed at the end of the whole saga in the books :edgeworth:
ImageImage

Max Sugar, No Taste

Cardiovore wrote:
I hate that stupid movie they made out of the saga. They murdered it in my opinion.

Oh god the movie sucked ><
It inspired me to write a movie rant, which I usually don't bother with. Unless the movie is like really really bad.
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head

[/failure]

The Ender series by Orson Scott Card. I picked up the first at Half-Price Books, and loved it. Some of my other favorites are, like many people, the Harry Potter series, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and, yes, the Skinjacker Trilogy. I also like practically any sci-fi/fantasy book you throw at me. Except for, oddly enough, Lord of the Rings. Too slow for me.

Cardiovore wrote:
End Quote wrote:

Pffft. You think you've seen bad book-movies? Anybody here seen the Percy Jackson movie?
[rant]

[/rant]

:)

Fingersmith. <3

I'm currently reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. What I'm about to say is controversial: I'm enjoying it. Makes me proud to be an atheist.

And I finished Fahrenheit 451 for school. The book was good but was a bit odd.
Spoiler:
What the hell happened to Clarisse!?

BSX wrote:
I'm currently reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. What I'm about to say is controversial: I'm enjoying it. Makes me proud to be an atheist.

Eh. It intimidates me. Maybe I'll just steal it from my dad.

Just finished Lockdown by Alexander Smith (I think), and it's pretty... freaky. *hides in a corner*

I'm now at the 8th book of the Demomata serıes bıj Darrren Shan...

The new serıes ıs good but I doubt ıt wıll get as epıc as the orıgınal Daren Shan saga was...

EDIT: I just dıscovered there sı goıng to be a 4 book serıes about Larten Crepsley...

:zap: Fuck so awesome I can't handle ıt!!!! :zennybw: :spload:
ImageImage

Elimentary!

Hitchikers Trilogy
Harry Potter Series
Twilight Series
House of Night Series
Gears of War series
Stainless Steel Rat
Alot of the Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone pick your own adventure stories.

Check out my Graphics page :D!

Call me Ishmael.

My favorite books are:
The Dark Tower series
Harry Potter series
Misery
Lord of the Rings trilogy, plus The Hobbit (hell, ESPECIALLY The Hobbit)
The Catcher in the Rye
Of Mice and Men
The Old Man and the Sea
Slaughterhouse 5
The Road
The Master and Margarita
Sherlock Holmes series
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Page 8 of 11 [ 435 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices