Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics

Page 2 of 3[ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Apollo Justice: Witness the Truth! (Witness the Testimony!)Topic%20Title

Stand back! I'm about to try SCIENCE!

Location: Here. No wait, I meant there! Or In florida! Don't Hurt MEEE!

Phoenix_Justice wrote:
great :edgy: ,thanks a lot :butzthumbs:

to tell you the truth,at first i thought the other girl was payne's doughter ................................*bricked*

Naw, Themis is just his assistant. But if Themis was Payne's Daughter... DAMN... I want to see his wife.

:payne: + ???? = Image

I need a Themis Smilie.

EDIT: Hey! I got a second Page!

I have nothing to add to my testimony.

Frieda is rather angry, at least that's how I saw her during the testimony. I wonder how the testimony will proceed from here.
(Off: I'll try to find Themis's Mother)

Case 1 is coming along quite nicely. It's good to see you are quite interested in your comic and are making periodic updates. Now in terms of the plot, it's great. Frieda seems like she's been hurt mentally by the victim. I'm guessing that the victim and Frieda were lovers and he kidnapped her like what Terry did with Dahlia. Of course, Frieda isn't like Dahlia. Louie did it all for the money.

I'm quite surprised actually at how Payne is winning. I love it when that happens because Payne is awesome. :karma:

Keep up the good work! Who knows, you may be the first to complete a five case sprite comic.

Yay, testimony! Though... the defendant testify? Well, it worked before!

(The testimony seem strange to me, but I think Apollo will be able to press for more info.)

So no one completed a five case sprite comic? I guess making these is very time consuming. I commend you.
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

Tap wrote:
I'm quite surprised actually at how Payne is winning. I love it when that happens because Payne is awesome. :karma:

Well it helps that Apollo had literally ZERO prep time since the trial got moved up. When he first walked in he could barely remember the defendants name. Payne, on the other hand, has Themis carefully organizing and color-coding his files. :hotti:

Alice wrote:

(The testimony seem strange to me, but I think Apollo will be able to press for more info.)

So no one completed a five case sprite comic? I guess making these is very time consuming. I commend you.

I gather that one reason most people don't get far is because of lack of planning. And I certainly don't have that problem. :yuusaku:

I had 4 cases mapped out (Originally the full comic) over a year ago, although one of them has undergone major revision (The Getaway Turnabout=> Runaway to a Turnabout) and another was removed and replaced(The Fallen Turnabout => Turnabout Firestorm).

Then when I first started the prep for this comic I realized that while case 4 is EPIC. It's really not very personal to any of the Wright Talent Agency Crew. So that's why I have a 5th case now that directly follows that.

So yeah. If nothing else I've got everything Planned out. :grey:

justice is always wright ;)

Untaken Fingerprint wrote:
Tap wrote:

Well it helps that Apollo had literally ZERO prep time since the trial got moved up. When he first walked in he could barely remember the defendants name. Payne, on the other hand, has Themis carefully organizing and color-coding his files. :hotti:

Alice wrote:

I gather that one reason most people don't get far is because of lack of planning. And I certainly don't have that problem. :yuusaku:

I had 4 cases mapped out (Originally the full comic) over a year ago, although one of them has undergone major revision (The Getaway Turnabout=> Runaway to a Turnabout) and another was removed and replaced(The Fallen Turnabout => Turnabout Firestorm).

Then when I first started the prep for this comic I realized that while case 4 is EPIC. It's really not very personal to any of the Wright Talent Agency Crew. So that's why I have a 5th case now that directly follows that.

So yeah. If nothing else I've got everything Planned out. :grey:

:beef: wow,I am gonna have lot's of trouble trying to compete with your comic for he spotlight,especially due to the fact that.......................I haven't even planned anything about case 1(let alone the other cases),not even the victem,defendant or killer,i just put things that fall from the top of my head :payne:

Phoenix_Justice wrote:
:beef: wow,I am gonna have lot's of trouble trying to compete with your comic for he spotlight,especially due to the fact that.......................I haven't even planned anything about case 1(let alone the other cases),not even the victem,defendant or killer,i just put things that fall from the top of my head :payne:

Well, that sometimes makes it hard to tie up loose ends. What I find when making a case is to start with the Twist and work backwards. So, to use my own abandoned case:

The twist was that no one killed the victim, she tripped backwards down the stairs. This was a first case so there were 3 characters involved, victim defendant and witness.

The defendant needs a plausible reason to push her down the stairs. I made him her boyfriend, so they knew each other and the other witness is her OTHER BOYFRIEND Giving him motive. The witness sees the incident from the bottom of the stairs so, due to foreshortening he thinks he saw the guy push her. Etc, etc. Do you see how it works backwards from the twist?

So Pick a twist and then sit down and work with it.

We shouldn't really worry about spotlight anyway really. Since, if I remember correctly, FE: AA is supposed to start up again in Late May.

The member who doesn't swear much

Well, I've been following this since it started, and so far it's great. I wonder what'll happen in the cross examination.

Spoiler:
Lol at Frieda testifying that she was shopping when her KIDNAPPER was killed after she was KIDNAPPED.

And that wasn't a criticism, it was just me finding that part funny.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

BSX wrote:
Spoiler:
Lol at Frieda testifying that she was shopping when her KIDNAPPER was killed after she was KIDNAPPED.

Spoiler:
Oh, oh, that was very much intentional. Best alibi ever, no?

I'm glad you like it! I've finished the script for the next few pages so I'll try to update tonight sometime.

The member who doesn't swear much

BSX wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm glad you like it! I've finished the script for the next few pages so I'll try to update tonight sometime.

Spoiler:
Ah, yes. I wonder how Polly's gonna react.

And great! I can't wait.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Spoiler:
I can't beleave i didn't see that easy contradiction :beef:

I guess apollo's gonna object,with as little enthusiasm and as little confidence as possible :keiko:

Spoiler:
You'll see. :godot:

Unfortuneately, my school awards ceremony ran long. (I had to stay till the end for my award, of course. :yuusaku: ) So the page (Extra long one too) will not be finished until tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

Let me distract you with a doodle... CAUSE GUESS WHO'S BACK NEXT PAGE!?

Last edited by Untaken Fingerprint on Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

BSX wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

No wonder that testimony was strange to me. XD

Aw, she's so cute. :D I think that has distracted me, yep. Hehe.

Alice wrote:
BSX wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

No wonder that testimony was strange to me. XD

Aw, she's so cute. :D I think that has distracted me, yep. Hehe.

I know right? Themis is Distilled cuteness.

And Here's that UPDATE I promised.

Spoiler:
Okay, so no explanation this page. But cute Themis antics, that counts for something, right?

Re: Apollo Justice: Witness the Truth! (Cross Examinate!)Topic%20Title

Polly sounded quite rude to me when he denied Madison an explanation about cross-examination. That almost made me want to punch him on the face. C'mon, who wouldn't wan't to be nice to Ms. Themis and explain her everything? Still, it was a nice page. (But let's get to the cross-examination already!)

Well, we can always go on with the tutorial, but the rest of the cross-examination will be pushed back.

It would be neat to see both paths: one to see the tutorial, the other to not see it (the one that was updated). But then that would delay everything even more... though, I don't mind. I rather like quality than quantity with regards to fan projects.

Ah, the defendant is getting impatient with her own defense attorney. It's true that Apollo gets tough to handle defendants. I feel for him. It must be hard to believe in your client because of it. Phoenix has it easier.

so far so really good,That was a nice bit of epicness

Quote:
Poeple's Lives are at stake

Btw,i think it would be better if you added sweating to apollo's worried pose :nick-sweat:

I'd like to ask,which font are you using? :yuusaku:

Hybrid~Fusion wrote:
Polly sounded quite rude to me when he denied Madison an explanation about cross-examination. That almost made me want to punch him on the face. C'mon, who wouldn't wan't to be nice to Ms. Themis and explain her everything? Still, it was a nice page. (But let's get to the cross-examination already!)

Well, that's a dangerous little thought to have about the prosecution, ain't it?

Alice wrote:
Well, we can always go on with the tutorial, but the rest of the cross-examination will be pushed back.

It would be neat to see both paths: one to see the tutorial, the other to not see it (the one that was updated). But then that would delay everything even more... though, I don't mind. I rather like quality than quantity with regards to fan projects.

Ah, the defendant is getting impatient with her own defense attorney. It's true that Apollo gets tough to handle defendants. I feel for him. It must be hard to believe in your client because of it. Phoenix has it easier.

The choice was there partially to make a point and partially for laughs. It also showed were the tutorial WOULD be if this was a real case. Part of the reason Themis is here is to give an excuse for a tutorial. But it's also there to make a point that Apollo is more grounded as to what is going on. (Themis is sort of treating it like a classroom/tutorial while Apollo points out that it's a real trial and they need to get on with it.)

And Frieda is more impatient since she thinks no one is listening to her. And, as a 17 year old, she's almost an adult and therefore is oblidged to be snippy when people 'treat her like a kid'. But don't worry. Only 4 out of five of the defendants in this sprite comic will be difficult. Oh wait....

Phoenix_Justice wrote:

Quote:

Btw,i think it would be better if you added sweating to apollo's worried pose :nick-sweat:

I've been trying to use it as his "Exasperated" pose by leaving off the sweat. I add sweat whenever he's actually in trouble rather than annoyed.

Hybrid~Fusion wrote:

Well, that's a dangerous little thought to have about the prosecution, ain't it?

Alice wrote:

The choice was there partially to make a point and partially for laughs. It also showed were the tutorial WOULD be if this was a real case. Part of the reason Themis is here is to give an excuse for a tutorial. But it's also there to make a point that Apollo is more grounded as to what is going on. (Themis is sort of treating it like a classroom/tutorial while Apollo points out that it's a real trial and they need to get on with it.)

And Frieda is more impatient since she thinks no one is listening to her. And, as a 17 year old, she's almost an adult and therefore is oblidged to be snippy when people 'treat her like a kid'. But don't worry. Only 4 out of five of the defendants in this sprite comic will be difficult. Oh wait....

Phoenix_Justice wrote:

Quote:

I've been trying to use it as his "Exasperated" pose by leaving off the sweat. I add sweat whenever he's actually in trouble rather than annoyed.

oh,I see :odoroki:

Quote:

......sorry for being repetitive :payne:

Phoenix_Justice wrote:
Quote:

......sorry for being repetitive :payne:

No problem. I use the official Phoenix Wright font which some one linked me to earlier in the thread.

Also, in case any of you have ever wondered what Themis's Theme sounds like... well it's something like this.

It just fits her adorableness.

wow,thank's so much and many appritiations,I had actually been looking for such a font myself :butzthumbs:

btw,the font color's kinda off(but then again,I also made that mistake aswell), if you look here at where the fonts are displayed you'll see that for example,the usual text isn't 100% white and that the red color isn't as bright as you showed it,just thought i'd give a word of advice as thanks :edgy:

Phoenix_Justice wrote:
wow,thank's so much and many appritiations,I had actually been looking for such a font myself :butzthumbs:

btw,the font color's kinda off(but then again,I also made that mistake aswell), if you look here at where the fonts are displayed you'll see that for example,the usual text isn't 100% white and that the red color isn't as bright as you showed it,just thought i'd give a word of advice as thanks :edgy:

Eh, I'm going for an authentic feel, not a perfect replica, I'm using what's easy to pull up in Photoshop color-wise. Besides, the text there IS white. Maybe I'll adjust my red text for better visibility. But maybe not.

That makes sense. :D Glad you cleared that up.
And great, more difficult defendants. XD

And yeah, the red is a bit bright. I don't mind the white, though.

Alice wrote:
That makes sense. :D Glad you cleared that up.
And great, more difficult defendants. XD

And yeah, the red is a bit bright. I don't mind the white, though.

Hopefully not all of them will be difficult in the same ways. :hotti:

Anyway, hitting right up against my script buffer, ANOTHER UPDATE!

Spoiler:
Curiouser and Curiouser.

I tried out a lighter red, and I think it worked out okay. Might be a bit light though.
Re: Apollo Justice: Witness the Truth! (BA-dum)Topic%20Title

Good chapter there, my friend. (Ah, and I bet no one perceived the nervous habit there. Just joking XD). I wonder how this will turn out

Hybrid~Fusion wrote:
Good chapter there, my friend. (Ah, and I bet no one perceived the nervous habit there. Just joking XD). I wonder how this will turn out

Spoiler:
I'd be kind of annoyed if you didn't, after working so hard on the sprite and all.

Hopefully the place it leads will come as a surprise though. :shoe:

*le gasps* A habit! 8D

Sorry. Getting a bit too excited there. Hehe. *is a big fan of Apollo*

Good job on the thinking about the habit (even though scarves were used before). I really like how you blurred the last page. It's very professional. :D

I am getting curious... things are not always what they seem in Ace Attorney cases that's for sure, and I am curious what the twist will be. ;D

Alice wrote:
*le gasps* A habit! 8D

Sorry. Getting a bit too excited there. Hehe. *is a big fan of Apollo*

Good job on the thinking about the habit (even though scarves were used before). I really like how you blurred the last page. It's very professional. :D

I am getting curious... things are not always what they seem in Ace Attorney cases that's for sure, and I am curious what the twist will be. ;D

Well, yeah, it would be kind of lame if Apollo didn't have any habits to find. :acro: And that's a Necklace BTW.

The blurring is actually a double effect on photoshop. One is a Zoom, which is partially transparent. And the other is a radial blur.

The twist will be revealed at the end of the Perceive. Unfortunately, we still have at LEAST two testimonies between the Twist and the Turnabout. So this case is far from over. (Hopefully it won't get too boring!)

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I cant wait for the perceive bit

For me the text is a bit messed up at times, like it has holes in it and stuff. I can still read it however, its just a minor niggle.

Romeo wrote:
I cant wait for the perceive bit

For me the text is a bit messed up at times, like it has holes in it and stuff. I can still read it however, its just a minor niggle.

Did you forget to zoom in on the picture? It sometimes messes up the text when shrunk.

Last edited by Untaken Fingerprint on Tue May 25, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jumping in here. Something I noticed near the beginning, it makes no sence.
Spoiler:
Trucy AND VALANT? Valant turned himself in for framing his partner! And I don't think that guy can be trusted around Magnifi Gramarey's tricks!

Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

beterbomen wrote:
Jumping in here. Something I noticed near the beginning, it makes no sence.
Spoiler:
Trucy AND VALANT? Valant turned himself in for framing his partner! And I don't think that guy can be trusted around Magnifi Gramarey's tricks!

A fair point. However:

Spoiler:
Consider that Trucy has no other living connection back to the Gramaryes (save Lamiroir, of whom she isn't aware). How is she supposed to learn any of the tricks? Valant already knows them, but has been waiting to use the performance rights.

With the exception of Mr. Hat. I'm pretty confident that Trucy has been using her own magic tricks. Unless Zak taught her the Gramarye tricks before she was nine, in which case she has likely forgotten most of it.

So I fudged things so that Valant gets just a couple months or community service or something. Adrian Andrews was out of jail by the time T&T rolled around despite framing someone for murder, so it's not without precedent.

In any case, what happened to Valant after AJ is not particularly crucial to WTT's storyline. It's just a bit of background information.

OK, I understand.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Okay guys, I'm going to have to take a little break. One reason is that I am going to try and enter Court Record's OC contest with Themis, using material which does not yet exist.

Combine this with the fact that I have actually run out of fully scripted pages to do and that the next page requires special graphics, this means that I probably won't be able to update until late next week at the earliest.

I'm sorry for the delay.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Fine with me i can wait.

And no i zoomed in, however its probably my computer, it happens with all the comics people here make.

Property of Big Corporate Things Inc.

Very good so far.

I like how the trial is going, so far. It's great! :will: The murder is surprising... it seems like there's a deep twist.
Themis is quite weird... why is she on the defense's bench? Or is that just me? :beef:

Little Magician wrote:
I like how the trial is going, so far. It's great! :will: The murder is surprising... it seems like there's a deep twist.
Themis is quite weird... why is she on the defense's bench? Or is that just me? :beef:

She's on the Reversed defense bench, which I'm calling the prosecution's bench since the court room is symmetrical.

Yeah... um... I'm going on vacation and will be computerless for a week. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to finish the update in time!

Little Magician wrote:

She's on the Reversed defense bench, which I'm calling the prosecution's bench since the court room is symmetrical.

Yeah... um... I'm going on vacation and will be computerless for a week. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to finish the update in time!

Okay, that makes much more sense. :will: I never would've thought Payne would have someone on his side... although he definitely needs help with his cases.
I'll be looking forward to your update! And have fun on vacation! :Keko-hands:

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Aww, I love this comic <3 You've got them all completely in character (ah, poor awkward little Polly) and, like I said in your art thread, Themis is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more of her cute, blonde ditziness in the next chapters :3
Click on Janice for graphics ^^
Page 2 of 3 [ 85 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics