Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 7 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Small continuity error?Topic%20Title

MedliSage wrote:
Marinakoko17 wrote:
Spoiler: AAI Case 3
Then how is it possible that Phoenix has still his blue suit with Maya and Pearl in the Gatewater Land in the background? He should have been adopting Trucy by that time.

I've been wondering, where in the heck in the game IS this? I've heard it mentioned by several people that you can see Phoenix with Maya and Pearl at Gatewater land, but I've failed to spot them each time I've done the case (admittedly it's only two, but still...)

Where exactly are they? :yuusaku:

To answer both questions, AAI takes place one month after T&T and one month before AJ.

And the scene with the Phoenix, Maya and Pearl cameo, go to the bridge where Edgeworth first entered Gatewater Land. But the cameo will only appear between the time Lang kick you out after going to the stadium to meet Oldbag and Ema and going into the kidnapper's hideout.

This cameo may be hard to see because you need to go out of your way and leave the Wild Wild West area purposely.
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Spoiler: Case 1
Okay, my memory might be a bit fuzzy on this, but you know how the videotape was Portsman's downfall because he had it and it had blood on it? But there's one thing that bugged me- why didn't he dispose of it? He had quite a while to at least hide it somewhere before he burst in on Edgeworth's investigation. Why didn't he at least hide it, if not get rid of it completely?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Gettin' Old!

SuperGanondorf wrote:
Okay, my memory might be a bit fuzzy on this, but you know how the videotape was Portsman's downfall because he had it and it had blood on it? But there's one thing that bugged me- why didn't he dispose of it? He had quite a while to at least hide it somewhere before he burst in on Edgeworth's investigation. Why didn't he at least hide it, if not get rid of it completely?

Spoiler:
Could've been so paranoid someone would find it he decided it was safer to hide it on his person. If an investigation went as far as his office the video would almost certainly be found. Admittedly it didn't because Jacques managed to become the prosecutor on the case and direct the investigation away from his office but he didn't want to leave the chance of another prosecutor taking charge first.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Pierre wrote:
SuperGanondorf wrote:

Spoiler:
Could've been so paranoid someone would find it he decided it was safer to hide it on his person. If an investigation went as far as his office the video would almost certainly be found. Admittedly it didn't because Jacques managed to become the prosecutor on the case and direct the investigation away from his office but he didn't want to leave the chance of another prosecutor taking charge first.

Yes, but he didn't have to hide it in his office or on his person. He could have hidden it in a trash can or something. He had a large window of time. Plus, a body search was wholly likely, as we plainly saw. Hiding it in his office would be, if anything, less incriminating because he could claim someone planted it there (based on the fact that it was unlocked, as we heard from Maggey.)

Also, did anyone find it strange that even though Portsman was wearing open-fingered gloves in the opening, yet he left no fingerprints on the gun?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler:
Prints could have been wiped. A trash can is too easy to find and I don't think he planned for it to be found at all thus why he didn't hide it in his office. Even if it was 'less incriminating' it'd still point to him whereas it wouldn't if he'd hid it on his person. Also I can't think of an incident (besides GS4's Poker cheat ploy) where a body search has been performed.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:
Prints could have been wiped. A trash can is too easy to find and I don't think he planned for it to be found at all thus why he didn't hide it in his office. Even if it was 'less incriminating' it'd still point to him whereas it wouldn't if he'd hid it on his person. Also I can't think of an incident (besides GS4's Poker cheat ploy) where a body search has been performed.

Spoiler: AA, JFA, and AAI Case 1
Acro was searched. And Manfred von Karma. But still, he couldn't wipe all his prints. He went through the whole entire office, remember?He touched all the files, the picture, the safe, everything. There should definitely have been some prints left behind. But yeah, I suppose the would be safer on his person. But the prints are another matter.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Edgey sighs at you.

Spoiler: Regarding the above discussion (AAI Case 1)
The prints bugged me too. I mean, why didn't he wipe the tape down? He MUST have noticed the blood -- and he had obviously wiped the gun down.

Alice wrote:
And the scene with the Phoenix, Maya and Pearl cameo, go to the bridge where Edgeworth first entered Gatewater Land. But the cameo will only appear between the time Lang kick you out after going to the stadium to meet Oldbag and Ema and going into the kidnapper's hideout.

This cameo may be hard to see because you need to go out of your way and leave the Wild Wild West area purposely.

Oh, thank you! (:
Phoenix/Maya, Edgeworth/Franziska. 'Nuff said.

machinimator

Darkurai wrote:
Spoiler: AAI-4
Check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaaAokZeLQ
At about five minutes in, Gumshoe blatantly turns the TV on himself, and there is even dialogue where Detective Badd scolds him for disturbing a crime scene. It was not, in anyway, a significant plot point that the static started on its own. The important part was how loud it was.

Ergo, we can assume that Calisto set a sleep timer to match up with the spot on the video where the gunshot occurred (this is not a difficult thing to do. Say for example the gunshot occurred at 00:43:06. You could then rewind to 00:13:07 and then set a sleep timer for 30 minutes. The TV would turn off immediately after the gunshot, so even if they were standing outside, heard the gunshot, and then ran in as soon as they could (which I know did not and could not happen), the TV would already be off).

All we know for sure is that Gumshoe poked his finger at it, and it turned on. He may have just been looking at it in detail; like a lot of us do when reading small text in a book. Gumshoe insists again and again he didn't actually touch it; if he were lying, he'd just apologize. The others yell at him for turning it on, assuming he's the one who did.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Just because Jacques isn't shown wearing gloves on his sprites doesn't mean he didn't have some on when he was tossing the office.

Spoiler: case 1
As for the tape, Jacques left the office and supposedly went right to the police station to secure an alibi. With Edgeworth's office a crime scene maybe he was afraid of leaving it in his own, right next door, for fear of it being search. And if he was eager to get to the police station ASAP (minutes can matter when making an alibi) maybe he didn't stop to dump it somewhere. We assume he was supposed to deliver it back to his boss, so maybe he was planning on taking it to him right after implicating Gumshoe? But of course that took longer than he expected.

Suspects are sometimes searched, but Jacques was the prosecutor in charge of the case, because until Maggey's testimony no one knew he'd been in the building that night prior to the murder. There was no reason to search him until he was implicated as a suspect (which he of course did not expect to happen).

ImageImage

PCHOOO

Darkurai wrote:
Regy Rusty wrote:
Guys we're retreading old ground here. That 'contradiction' with the video tape was already discussed and explained earlier in the thread.

See page 4.

The discussion on page four ended with an incorrect conclusion, though.

Regy Rusty wrote:
Mask*DeMasque wrote:
First of all, my last sentence was NOT incorrect. It is possible to set some televisions to turn off automatically at a certain time. I have done it before. Also, it was not Edgeworth and Gumshoe that went into the room, it was Calisto, Badd, and Gumshoe. Finally, the TV had to be off when they entered. Otherwise, it would be making a very loud static sound, which would indicate that someone turned on the TV after the muder, which contradicts the theory that Faraday and Rell killed each other.

Actually the TV was not off when Edgeworth and Gumshoe went in. If you recall, it was a significant plot point that the static started (startling Edgeworth and Gumshoe) without anyone touching the TV. The tape had reached the very end at that precise point. That's what I meant about your last sentence being wrong - yes it is possible to do, but it did not happen in this case.

Check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaaAokZeLQ
At about five minutes in, Gumshoe blatantly turns the TV on himself, and there is even dialogue where Detective Badd scolds him for disturbing a crime scene. It was not, in anyway, a significant plot point that the static started on its own. The important part was how loud it was.

Ergo, we can assume that Calisto set a sleep timer to match up with the spot on the video where the gunshot occurred (this is not a difficult thing to do. Say for example the gunshot occurred at 00:43:06. You could then rewind to 00:13:07 and then set a sleep timer for 30 minutes. The TV would turn off immediately after the gunshot, so even if they were standing outside, heard the gunshot, and then ran in as soon as they could (which I know did not and could not happen), the TV would already be off).

In the very scene you just linked to Gumshoe says "But... I didn't touch it." So um... yeah.

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Croik wrote:
Just because Jacques isn't shown wearing gloves on his sprites doesn't mean he didn't have some on when he was tossing the office.

But why would he take off his gloves to shoot Buddy Faith? He was shown in the opening cutscene with open-fingered gloves with the gun in his hand.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Gettin' Old!

SuperGanondorf wrote:
Croik wrote:

But why would he take off his gloves to shoot Buddy Faith? He was shown in the opening cutscene with open-fingered gloves with the gun in his hand.

Spoiler:
It's still a possibility he wiped ALL the prints. They didn't find any prints and his gloves are hobo gloves therefore he must have wiped them. He's a prosecutor so presumably he knows how vital a print can be therefore it makes sense for him to clean up after himself.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

nuuuuu, stoooooop

SuperGanondorf wrote:

Spoiler:
"Why" isn't really an issue. As long as he had the opportunity, it's not really a contradiction. Or, he could have had a handkerchief or something that he used to handle things.

And besides, opening movies are not solid evidence anyway. Tigre's hand wasn't red when he was shown poisoning Glen in 3-3, but that doesn't really mean anything. Plus Jacques lines in that entire scene make no sense in the context of the crime he was committing, which...doesn't have to do with the contradiction, I'm just saying, it was weird. That whole scene is weird.

ImageImage

Consider this puzzle solved.

Something I just thought of...
Is it ever explicitly stated that Portsman went to the police station just to get an alibi? Becuase, if so, then that's a contradiction. There would be no reason for him to go to the station, if you think about it. He had no idea that someone else would break into Edgey's office that night and therefore there was no need to create an alibi. It also wouldn't serve as an alibi for the murder because it happened before that.

Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

Gettin' Old!

Mask*DeMasque wrote:
Is it ever explicitly stated that Portsman went to the police station just to get an alibi? Becuase, if so, then that's a contradiction. There would be no reason for him to go to the station, if you think about it. He had no idea that someone else would break into Edgey's office that night and therefore there was no need to create an alibi. It also wouldn't serve as an alibi for the murder because it happened before that.

Spoiler:
Maybe he was really on prosecutor business, it was just a natural alibi?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Mask*DeMasque wrote:

Spoiler:
It's not an iron-clad alibi for the murder, no, but it's better than nothing. If the body wasn't discovered until the morning and Portsman spent most of the night at the station, it could give the impression to AA's dumb-as-bricks cops that he was around for too long to be a suspect. He would have looked a lot more suspicious if Maggey reported having seen him and then he was unaccounted for the rest of the night.

ImageImage

The Glimmerous Fop

I just got the game. (Finally it reached our shores!). Well I have one fact I want to point out.

Spoiler:
So I asked my peudo-lawyer dad about extraterritorial rights and diplomatic immunity. I explained the case of Alba to him and he said that the game's perception of such is contradicting with the current laws. He said that when committing a very heinous crime, such diplomatic immunity would be null and void and the host country can prosecute people like Alba. Although his explanation was very vague (Heinous), I believe that Alba's different felons such as smuggling, multiple murders, obstruction of justice and defamation, can be properly termed heinous. So my point is that the game's perception of diplomatic immunity and extraterritorial rights are very contradictory to our current laws. Oh I guess the writers just did it for the sake of making the game more "challenging" per se but a contradiction is a contradiction I guess..

Gettin' Old!

aquajet16 wrote:
I just got the game. (Finally it reached our shores!). Well I have one fact I want to point out.

Spoiler:
So I asked my peudo-lawyer dad about extraterritorial rights and diplomatic immunity. I explained the case of Alba to him and he said that the game's perception of such is contradicting with the current laws. He said that when committing a very heinous crime, such diplomatic immunity would be null and void and the host country can prosecute people like Alba. Although his explanation was very vague (Heinous), I believe that Alba's different felons such as smuggling, multiple murders, obstruction of justice and defamation, can be properly termed heinous. So my point is that the game's perception of diplomatic immunity and extraterritorial rights are very contradictory to our current laws. Oh I guess the writers just did it for the sake of making the game more "challenging" per se but a contradiction is a contradiction I guess..

Spoiler: Well...
It WAS revoked after all....

Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Glimmerous Fop

Pierre wrote:

Spoiler: Well...
It WAS revoked after all....

Spoiler:
Not quite. The one revoked was his Ambassador-ship (um, is this a word?) not his diplomatic immunity. His diplomatic immunity went down the drain just because he lost his "Ambassador-ship" and it was revoked not due to his present accusations but by through the video from GK-8. If it were not for the existence of the video tape, he couldn't be prosecuted (according to the game) but if we were to apply the real laws, his diplomatic immunity should have been stripped as soon as he was accused of such which is backed up by circumstantial yet powerful evidence.

The cape is self-fluttering

aquajet16 wrote:

Spoiler:

That's not really a contradiction...more like a very grey area. It is still up to the host country to make the call on immunity (which Allebahst still did in this case).

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... c-immunity
http://www.state.gov/m/ds/immunities/c9127.htm (a nice chart for those avoiding tl:dr)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

PCHOOO

aquajet16 wrote:

Spoiler:

That's all just an example of the Ace Attorney universe having different laws to ours - something we've seen countless times throughout the games. That doesn't make it a contradiction.

machinimator

aquajet16 wrote:

Spoiler:

I may be a little shaky on what you mean by the "host" country. Do you mean Allabahst, or the USA?
Spoiler:
If you mean Allabahst, there are no contradictions. Alba admitted to committing a crime in his country (the embassy), but basically had such wide control over the judicial system of his own country that when he flies back for an Allahbastian trial, he would get off with 3 months in prison or something, despite all his horrible crimes. It's only when you discover he killed someone on shared, foreign soil that he can be nabbed.

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

We are always alone...

UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Question!
Spoiler: AAI-5
This probably isn't really a contradiction, however, Badou wanted to shoot and kill 'Shiina' beacause of her betrayal etc? Then why was he aiming down at her leg? (looking at the screenshot where Rou apprehends her, it would have got her just below the knee, had Rou not got in the way) I'm pretty sure Badou is a good shot (being a firearms proficient detective for 7 years) and if he wanted to kill her he could have done so easily by aiming at her body/head?

Also, If someone was holding someone else hostage would it not be safer to kill the hostage-taker outright, rather than risking Kay's life by trying to apprehend 'Shiina' by shooting her leg?
Then again, I am just basing this on the Case descriptions page, so I may have misinterpereted it and Badou may not have wanted to kill her after all?

Spoiler: Guess
My guess is that he was really aiming for the leg/ knee. Since he didn't want to hurt Kay (other police just shoot the leg of the victim so that they wouldn't stand still, ergo, making the attacker have no hostage :sadshoe: ), he turned the whole police fact upside-down and shot Shih-na on the leg instead of Kay thus removing the gun from her hand but leaving Kay traumatized. :apollo-shock:

The Twisted Samurai

UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Question!
) I'm pretty sure Badou is a good shot (being a firearms proficient detective for 7 years)

:objection:
There's a contradiction in your contradiction
Since when is Badou only for 7 years on the force? He's , blame my memory, 67?!
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Ace Animator

lots of posts, so i dunno if it was touched on before or not but,

(I sent this in an email to Croik a bit earlier, but I'm posting it for discussion purposes)

I have one contradiction in case 5
Spoiler:
the guitar pick/handle piece for the murder knife was found in the open air stage. The line of logic Edgeworth uses with this evidence is that the murder weapon was clearly transported by ambassador Alba via flowers (as seen by the missing piece of the handle) and then later suggested that the piece was knocked off during the murder and overlooked as it was transported with the body.

The photo of the weapon must have had the piece removed before the murder had taken place, and is not very likely to have ended up in the cart with the body being transported. The likeliest possible explanation to this was that the piece was loose and fell off into the flowers Alba was holding. The piece then somehow fell out of the bouquet and into the cart. That or Alba kept putting the piece back into the knife's handle, but failing to keep it in.

and another somewhat contradiction in case 5, which isn't so much as a contradiction as it just (oddly) isn't fully explained by the characters.
Spoiler:
The method of by which Alba smuggled the statues back and forth was not fully explained, and is questionably overlooked by the characters. All that is told by the deductions made was that Alba used the crossbow to shoot the wire across the buildings. this brings up the question how the other crossbow bolt ended up in Yew's possession and how the pulley system could have worked without the two ends of the wire tied together.

this is easily solved if Alba held to the wire and shot the second bolt with the other end of the wire attached, leaving the two ends of the wire and both bolts to Yew's handling.

(V not spoiler V)
I also find the dimensions of the plane Edgeworth flew on in the second case very unrealistic (much too tall to match it's width, much larger than a realistic plane, and contains more levels with windows than the other visible planes at the airport he arrived at) but those details are not really contradictions, explainable, or important for that matter.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

meleemaster500 wrote:
I have one contradiction in case 5
Spoiler:
the guitar pick/handle piece for the murder knife was found in the open air stage. The line of logic Edgeworth uses with this evidence is that the murder weapon was clearly transported by ambassador Alba via flowers (as seen by the missing piece of the handle) and then later suggested that the piece was knocked off during the murder and overlooked as it was transported with the body.

The photo of the weapon must have had the piece removed before the murder had taken place, and is not very likely to have ended up in the cart with the body being transported. The likeliest possible explanation to this was that the piece was loose and fell off into the flowers Alba was holding. The piece then somehow fell out of the bouquet and into the cart. That or Alba kept putting the piece back into the knife's handle, but failing to keep it in.

Spoiler rule is up, so it's okay to post out of tags in this thread now.

The photo was taken just after the Samurai show, which would also make it just after the murder. You can see that a piece from the knife is already missing when the photo was taken. Therefore, the piece very likely fell off during the murder and lodged somewhere on the victim's body. I don't know why you're saying that the piece had to have been removed before the murder.

As for the crossbow, that's exactly what happened, and therefore not a contradiction.

If you admit the plane is ridiculous but not a contradiction, those comments don't really belong in this thread, eh? :sawit:
ImageImage

(Sp)ace Detective

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Question!
) I'm pretty sure Badou is a good shot (being a firearms proficient detective for 7 years)

:objection:
There's a contradiction in your contradiction
Since when is Badou only for 7 years on the force? He's , blame my memory, 67?!

60, but yes, he's probably been on the force for most of his life.

Spoiler: My explanation
Badd averted his shot at the last moment when Lang jumped in his way (downwards rather than sideways to avoid hitting other people in the lobby, probably). Given that Yew was about to shoot Kay, anything that didn't incapacitate or kill her instantly would most likely have ended disastrously. Thus, despite the very real risk of accidentally hitting Kay (or the other members of Edgeworth's party), he would have been aiming for Yew's head initially.

Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

The Glimmerous Fop

1. The fact that Alba was literally lost and didn't know the whereabouts of the comfort room in the Theatrum Neutralis. It is very unlikely for an Ambassador to not know this but I guess he just lied when he said this but you cannot erase the fact that this reason alone is pretty ludicrous and ridiculous.

This is why I almost pulled my hair out during the Alba cross-examination :zenitora:

2. Also, how in hell did Calisto enter the Interpol as Shih-na?! Interpol people are not foolishly foolish fools who don't run background checks to begin with, and even if the ring supplied her with fraudulent documents, it won just cut.

Idol of Polar Bears

aquajet16 wrote:
2. Also, how in hell did Calisto enter the Interpol as Shih-na?! Interpol people are not foolishly foolish fools who don't run background checks to begin with, and even if the ring supplied her with fraudulent documents, it won just cut.

Law enforcement incompetence on the "Ace Attorney" level.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

aquajet16 wrote:

The smuggling ring is supposedly very powerful, they might have a man inside Interpol, or maybe they were able to pay an Interpol agent off. Your fraudulent documents don't need to stand up to much scrutiny if the guy checking them is on your side.

There are a lot of ways to explain this away.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

The Twisted Samurai

aquajet16 wrote:

They also may have killed an interpol agent and replace her with Yew
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Jury Duty

I got a few and to honest, I didn't read all the posts up to now aside from this page.

Case 1:

-Edgeworth discovers the "mistake" in the Offices' Numbering Order but it's never actually explained why Maggey "knew" (by that I mean she knew the difference between Edgeworth and Portsman's Office) about the mistake but everyone else apparently missed it? That blows a major hole in Portsman accusing her.

Case 2:

-Maybe it's just me but Edgeworth figuring out how the Interpol Agent died just from seeing LaBlanc take a dive is a bit of a stretch. That, and it still doesn't fully explain the COD. As was shown when Edgeworth was set up, the actual COD is pretty circumstantial. If I had to guess, maybe Capcom tried a bit too hard making this case appear meaninglssly drawn out and complicated.

-The timeline between when the Interpol Agent died and when Edgeworth passed out is way too short. In said timeline, it's near-impossible for the body unless somehow Cammy knew about the turbulance in advance.

-Speaking of Cammy: We know her laziness was an act but her movements and the airline pilot's "cooperation" with her is pretty suspicious. When you think about it, there's no way she could have done it all by herself 17,000 feet from the ground.

Case 3:

-Lauren isn't charged even though she had a part in the fake kidnapping. Lana Skye was put away for less >.>;

-Ernest's role in the smuggling ring is never actually explained and the fake kidnapping seemed to play out more as a molehunt than a scheme by Lance to get free money.

-If you exhaust your life bar on your return to the Wild West Hostage Area, Lang and Shih-Na will pop in to say game over. This makes no sense since the pair supposedly are unaware of where Edgeworth is at this time. In fact, he's supposedly investigating somewhere else.

Case 4:

-The timeline between the murders and Kay's movements up to her introduction to Edgeworth is a bit shady. We know her father was killed immediately after the recess began but in the time between when she asked Edgeworth for change, shared a snack with Gumshoe and then is formally introduced to Edgeworth, her movements are unaccounted for. This leads me to believe she may have known more about the Yatagarasu at the time than we were led to believe. Yew specifically states in Case 5 she'd been looking for Little Thief all the time thinking Badd hid it somewhere.

-Speaking of Badd: He probably knew what had happened from the beginning but keep his cover he probably played dumb. Even with the cover he and Yew had as 2 parts of the Yatagarasu, it's unlikely he would have not noticed Yew was going to betray him.

Case 5:

-Sorry, but I had to post this link/vid (I know it's been done to death, lawl):

Spoiler: Diplomatic Immunity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXNUaSjXRY

-The fact that Alba is exposed out of nowhere is a bit sketchy. The evidence prior to that makes Palaeno and Shih-Na/Yew likely suspects as well though it's never fully explained how the former escapes being investigated because of the two fires alone.

-Lang getting Alba's Diplomatic Immunity revoked all but guaranteed his indictment so all the arguements that happened afterward really shouldn't have happened. It would've come out in court anyways.

Misc.

-Phoenix Wright doesn't appear but he is referenced in all of the cases except the fourth (of course).

-2-3 and 3-5 are both referenced in the last case.
Phoenix Wright! Miles Edgeworth!
*Slams Desk, then Points*
I CHOOSE YOU!

Brendan2k5 wrote:
I got a few and to honest, I didn't read all the posts up to now aside from this page.

Case 1:

-Edgeworth discovers the "mistake" in the Offices' Numbering Order but it's never actually explained why Maggey "knew" (by that I mean she knew the difference between Edgeworth and Portsman's Office) about the mistake but everyone else apparently missed it? That blows a major hole in Portsman accusing her.

Are you talking about the sliding out of the number plates? It's explained why Maggey mistakes Edgeworth's office for Portsman's. It's because Portsman moved his props (basketball hoop) in front of Edgeworth's office as well as switched the number plate.

Quote:
Case 2:

-Maybe it's just me but Edgeworth figuring out how the Interpol Agent died just from seeing LaBlanc take a dive is a bit of a stretch. That, and it still doesn't fully explain the COD. As was shown when Edgeworth was set up, the actual COD is pretty circumstantial. If I had to guess, maybe Capcom tried a bit too hard making this case appear meaninglssly drawn out and complicated.

Perhaps a stretch, but not a contradiction. The supposed murder weapon was shown to be planted, so the real murder weapon was still unaccounted for. Not to mention, the autopsy revealed a large bruise on the body that would have been consistent with a long fall.

Quote:
-The timeline between when the Interpol Agent died and when Edgeworth passed out is way too short. In said timeline, it's near-impossible for the body unless somehow Cammy knew about the turbulance in advance.

No, it isn't. The actual time of death was shown to be earlier than previously thought.

Quote:
-Speaking of Cammy: We know her laziness was an act but her movements and the airline pilot's "cooperation" with her is pretty suspicious. When you think about it, there's no way she could have done it all by herself 17,000 feet from the ground.

Given enough time, it's plausible that she did it all by herself. But just because she has something going with the pilot does not mean he was assisting her. Although I could see him giving into her charms and giving her special permission to access certain areas of the plane.

Quote:
Case 3:

-Lauren isn't charged even though she had a part in the fake kidnapping. Lana Skye was put away for less >.>;

I agree that it's strange she wasn't charged, but Lana Skye was not put away for less. Lana Skye tinkered with evidence on more than one occasion, and stabbed a man (even if he was dead at the time).

Quote:
-Ernest's role in the smuggling ring is never actually explained and the fake kidnapping seemed to play out more as a molehunt than a scheme by Lance to get free money.

Not a contradiction.

Quote:
-If you exhaust your life bar on your return to the Wild West Hostage Area, Lang and Shih-Na will pop in to say game over. This makes no sense since the pair supposedly are unaware of where Edgeworth is at this time. In fact, he's supposedly investigating somewhere else.

I haven't experienced this, but it sounds pretty funny and more of a programming oops than a contradiction.

Quote:
Case 4:

-The timeline between the murders and Kay's movements up to her introduction to Edgeworth is a bit shady. We know her father was killed immediately after the recess began but in the time between when she asked Edgeworth for change, shared a snack with Gumshoe and then is formally introduced to Edgeworth, her movements are unaccounted for. This leads me to believe she may have known more about the Yatagarasu at the time than we were led to believe. Yew specifically states in Case 5 she'd been looking for Little Thief all the time thinking Badd hid it somewhere.

This is a non-contradiction turning into a theory. It's perfectly plausible she could have been running around scared or hiding, which would be a perfectly normal reaction of a ten-year-old girl who finds out her father has been murdered in the same building she was running around in. It doesn't mean she knew more about the Yatagarasu than she let on.

Quote:
-Speaking of Badd: He probably knew what had happened from the beginning but keep his cover he probably played dumb. Even with the cover he and Yew had as 2 parts of the Yatagarasu, it's unlikely he would have not noticed Yew was going to betray him.

Again, another theory.

Quote:
Case 5:

-Sorry, but I had to post this link/vid (I know it's been done to death, lawl):

Spoiler: Diplomatic Immunity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXNUaSjXRY

-The fact that Alba is exposed out of nowhere is a bit sketchy. The evidence prior to that makes Palaeno and Shih-Na/Yew likely suspects as well though it's never fully explained how the former escapes being investigated because of the two fires alone.

Explain. What 'evidence' and how does it make Palaeno and Shih-na suspects?

Quote:
-Lang getting Alba's Diplomatic Immunity revoked all but guaranteed his indictment so all the arguements that happened afterward really shouldn't have happened. It would've come out in court anyways.

This is not a contradiction.

But to say the arguments should not have happened doesn't make sense. Whether or not things come out during the trial does not mean you should go into the courtroom completely unprepared, without information or an advantage.

Quote:
Misc.

-Phoenix Wright doesn't appear but he is referenced in all of the cases except the fourth (of course).

-2-3 and 3-5 are both referenced in the last case.

Seriously, how are these contradictions? If you have thoughts on the cases, you should probably find the appropriate threads and post them there.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Just a random passerby

tbhp14 wrote:
Spoiler:
As for detective badd, i don't get why he decided to steal the KG8 incident files. And why this night
in particular?

[spoiler=AAI 1 & 5] Well, if Badd didn't steal the tape, Alba would probably just send another smuggling member to steal it instead. Badd stole it so that Alba couldn't get the tape.

I've got a couple questions for AAI-2[spoiler= possible spoilers]

1. Lablanc fell about 6 ft and survived yet Dustin Prince fell from a similar fall and died? Is this because Lablanc fell on his back instead of his neck? I'm guessing that's the reason but it's just weird. Lablanc weighs a lot more than Dustin Prince.

2. Did Cammy really have to kill Hicks? I don't think Hicks had any evidence about Cammy's involvement in the smuggling ring or suspected her at this point.

rydus65 wrote:
I've got a couple questions for AAI-2[spoiler= possible spoilers]

1. Lablanc fell about 6 ft and survived yet Dustin Prince fell from a similar fall and died? Is this because Lablanc fell on his back instead of his neck? I'm guessing that's the reason but it's just weird. Lablanc weighs a lot more than Dustin Prince.

Maybe the fat cushioned his fall too?

Quote:
2. Did Cammy really have to kill Hicks? I don't think Hicks had any evidence about Cammy's involvement in the smuggling ring or suspected her at this point.

It's been a while since I played the case, but I got the impression it was one of those panicky, spur-of-the-moment things. Sort of like Richard Wellington's reasons for killing Dustin Prince.

...NAILED IT

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Brendan2k5 wrote:
Case 3:

In the post-credits scenes, Lauren Paups is seen in the Detention Center, where she falls in love with the guard. Just because she didn't get arrested on-screen doesn't mean she got off scot-free.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Idol of Polar Bears

rydus65 wrote:

Since the Red Alif wasn't where it should have been, coupled with the fact that Interpol already knew someone aboard the airplane was involved with smuggling and that there was only one person who could have OK'd the statue to be loaded onto the plane, that makes Cammy look pretty suspicious. Hicks had enough evidence to question Cammy about the statue right there and I don't doubt that he would have caught her if she hadn't resorted to extreme measures.

Last edited by Mr. Bear Jew on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Where's your proof?

I don't know if this was mentioned or not but I don't feel like reading 277 posts to find out... This may be a contradiction to the timeline with the whole JFA/T&T/AA and whatever else, but I'm not sure. Even if it's not a contradiction, I did find it really strange. Cute, but strange...

Spoiler: Case 3
In Case 3, there's a point where you can walk around infront of the big GATEWATER fountain. You can examine a badger thing and some man with his daughter. If you walk to the right side of the screen (away from the amusement park), you'll be standing on a bridge...in the water is a boat with Phoenix in his suit, Maya Fey, and Pearl Fey. Doesn't this game take place after Phoenix loses his job or is that just my imagination? And even if he does still have his job in this game, what is he doing on a boat with Maya and Pearl? Even if they're just background characters, is that hinting to something? And why are they the background characters?

I'm Kenny McCormick and I like to dance.

Spoiler: Case 3
Answered. But no, he wasn't disbarred yet. AAI takes place one month before he loses his badge.

If I remember correctly, Phoenix told Maya they could go on a boatride sometime. :/ But it just makes me wonder why he would remember it two years later...

ImageImageImage

nuuuuu, stoooooop

A better question would be, why WOULDN'T they go on a boat ride?
ImageImage
Page 7 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby