Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 7[ 259 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Overused sayings you hateTopic%20Title

Quite simply put, what was a saying that sounds like a screecher monkey whenever you hear it.

Mines are "In this economy" or "Things could be worse"
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
Re: Overused sayings you hateTopic%20Title

Ahh...Coffee...

I think it would be a good idea to put down why you hate/dislike a certain saying or quote. Just a suggestion.

One I don't really like is "You are what you eat." Well, I'm human, but I don't eat humans.
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

1000% Knight

"I could care less", because it's supposed to be "I couldn't care less". Is that really so hard?!?!

I also hate questions like, "Didn't you eat breakfast this morning?" because they are the exact opposite of what they mean; this question really means "Did you eat breakfast this morning?". If you say "Yes" technically saying, "Yes, I did not eat breakfast this morning" but everyone interprets it as meaning "Yes, I ate breakfast this morning". Blargh.

Phew. Wanted to get that off my chest before this thread is (probably) locked.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

:)

Eat up your dinner, think of all the starving children in Africa.
This quote has always annoyed me.
*It's not just children who are starving, animals and adults too.
*It's not just Africa that has hungry people. They are starving and homeless people all around the world.
*They are still starving unless people donate their leftovers or they find food.
* If I saw a hungry person scrounging the bins for food and I had a sandwich. I'd give him the sandwich. That's how Lilly and Sandy eventually became our pets.

The cape is self-fluttering

I can't stand it when any comedian follows up a joke with "But seriously, folks..."

Chloe wrote:
*It's not just Africa that has hungry people. They are starving and homeless people all around the world.
*They are still starving unless people donate their leftovers or they find food.
* If I saw a hungry person scrounging the bins for food and I had a sandwich. I'd give him the sandwich. That's how Lilly and Sandy eventually became our pets.

Absolutely. Ab-SO-lutely. :bellboy:

The whole guilt trip thing is stupid, whether they're talking about kids or adults or animals. Yes, we should all appreciate what we have, and try to waste as little as possible. But forcing a person to eat something they don't want to eat has never done anybody any good. Because... guess what? They're still wasting the food because they didn't want to eat it (or all of it) in the first place, only now they're gonna get fat on top of it. Just plan to put a little less on your plate and move on with your life.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Chloe wrote:

I hate that one too. As if it is going to save anyone if I do eat the food. I have so say though that I usually eat my food, because I love food :yuusaku:

I also hate it when people say:
Why are you a vegetarian? Humans are made to eat animals and you won't stop the killing of animals just by yourself."

I KNOW THAT. But I don't want to eat them even though it's not natural and don't attack me for having different ideas. I don't bother people with it and I don't try to make other people vegetarians too. Just let me have my carrots in peace!

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

Did you get a hair cut?

My son is bored. Care to play with him?

All the good men are either married or gay.
If that's true, why am I still single? :grey:

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Chloe wrote:

I always wanted to answer that with "Oh, and what about all the obese people in America?"

Something I hate is when (usually older people) say "and don't break it" or something when you go on their computer...

And this is a dutch one: "Het is het mensdom maar het dierenrijk". "Mensdom" are the humans, "dierenrijk" are the animals. But "dom" means "dumb" in dutch, and "rijk" means "rich"... so what they say is "people are dumb, animals are intelligent". Usually used when talking about hunting or people taking in animal territory...
And I can't fucking stand it...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

My childhood right here

-"Well excuuuuuuse me princess!!!" That gets annoying after 13 episodes
-"Eat your food. There are starving kids in Africa" Whenever I see that person drinking something and not finishing it I shout "FINISH YOUR DRINK. THERE ARE THIRSTY KIDS IN AFRICA"
And finally, "He started it!" You know what dirtbag? FUCK. YOU.

Bad Player wrote:
"I could care less", because it's supposed to be "I couldn't care less". Is that really so hard?!?!

I hate this one so much, makes no fucking sense.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

earthlings on fire

I hate it when people shout "Objection!" all the time! Those darn lawyers...

This isn't anything actually specific, but I hate it when people keep using the same word or phrase when they're speaking. For example, some real estate agent was talking to my family about selling a house, and they kept going "Jeez! It's crazy!" over and over. I wanted to hurt them.

And it's even worse when they get the word wrong and say it in the wrong context. REPEATEDLY. -_-; Does anyone even know what the word "ignorant" means? It seems to be a synonym for "belligerent" now. :yuusaku:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

I really hate it when your someplace and you just have a neutral expression or your looking pensive or something and then someone says one of the following.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Why are you angry?"
"Cheer up!"

FUCK OFF!
Nothing.

Captain Hair!

I hate when people overuse the word "legit". It gets so old, so fast!

Zoinks

Alot of British slang. Also, "Twitter", "Tweet", etc.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Raar british slang annoys me so much

INNIT BLAD YOU WAN SUM BEEF BEEF TING FAM FAM BEEF TING FAM

seriously people who talk like this at my school i just want to kill them
And I am in no way saying all brits talk like this

The Hoosiers :) Just too cool.

Romeo wrote:
Raar british slang annoys me so much

INNIT BLAD YOU WAN SUM BEEF BEEF TING FAM FAM BEEF TING FAM

seriously people who talk like this at my school i just want to kill them
And I am in no way saying all brits talk like this

right behind you.
my sprites Image(click the pic for pandas graphics~)

antonis wrote:
I really hate it when your someplace and you just have a neutral expression or your looking pensive or something and then someone says one of the following.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Why are you angry?"
"Cheer up!"

FUCK OFF!

:gant: *high-fives*

Yes.

Apparently, it is a bad thing to not be smiling constantly. "Why are you angry?" I wonder, is there any really graceful way to answer that?

And reading a few more responses here, I'm reminded of a few things (questions) I'm getting tired of hearing.

"How come you're not married/engaged/don't have a steady boyfriend?"

Um, because "Society expects it of you" will never be a good enough reason for me.

Oh, and don't ever ask it like that, like there's something wrong with the person. It's one thing to ask "Do you have a boyfriend?" or "Are you married?" but phrasing it like "How come you're NOT..." is kind of rude. Whoever you hook up with (if you do), especially if it's for the rest of your life, is a very personal decision and is not the same for everyone on this planet. And don't play Cupid just yet. Your intentions might be good, but just because someone is single, don't automatically assume that they're looking, and if they're not, don't judge them.

Similar with "How come you don't/when are you going to have kids?" Maybe you love babies, but that's another very personal decision. I think the next time anyone ever asks that of a married woman, she should respond back, very loudly, "How come you're more interested in what comes out of my vagina than my husband is?"
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Time for you to sleep.

“Yeah, but it's my opinion.” Oh God. This usually happens when I've given a ton of evidence against them. Even if I haven't, it's so annoying. When you make a statement or claim, and someone argues with it, you have to give evidence and back up your statement in response. It being your opinion means nothing.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

My childhood right here

Electroboy wrote:
“Yeah, but it's my opinion.” Oh God. This usually happens when I've given a ton of evidence against them. Even if I haven't, it's so annoying. When you make a statement or claim, and someone argues with it, you have to give evidence and back up your statement in response. It being your opinion means nothing.

That's my brother for you. He also says "You're gay." Dear GOD that gets annoying. I have so much evidence against someone, I can hear either one of the Cornered themes or an Objection theme, and then the deathly annoying "You're gay!" Know what? Fuck you

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Woah a butthurt thread.

Seriously though, I personally don't mind for this kind of sayings. Most posts I read here I find just funny. Though I admit some sayings CAN be really annoying. But most said here aren't, they're just an excuse to be nitpicky :|

But I do find it secretly annoying when some of my friends or siblings are forced to eat something they don't like, while being said "You should be thankful, there's kids who would kill to have that meal" (the Africa phrase isn't used here). You know what? If you really care for those kids, give them my food, they'll probably enjoy it much more than I will. It's such an annoying attempt at making you feel guilty.

Max Sugar, No Taste

I really have a problem with all the cynical, hostile 4chan-isms. As in... you can do and say anything the hell you want to someone online, because "lol internet" or "for the lulz". And goodness help is someone gets "butthurt" about it, they're just "emo" and should become "an hero".

The line about starving children in Africa... well, even if I eat it, it will not magically teleport from my stomach into the corresponding organ of an African child. So yeah, stupid saying. There are ways to actually help the starving people there, instead of guiltripping. :P
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head

You know, I REALLY hate "Close but no cigar." Mainly because it is said to me at the worst times. I just failed and you are taunting me. Real nice...
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!

My childhood right here

"Dude calm down", "You're such a drama queen", and I'm winning an argument, then the loser says either "I'm right and you're wrong end of discussion" or, occasionally appears with the previous one, "HALSGSI I CAN'T HEAR YOU SJSBDISJSHB!!!!!" It pisses me off

earthlings on fire

DeMatador wrote:
Seriously though, I personally don't miand for this kind of sayings. Most posts I read here I find just funny. Though I admit some sayings CAN be really annoying. But most said here aren't, they're just an excuse to be nitpicky :|

I tend to be a bit of a Grammar Nazi sometimes... Internally, anyway. Sorry. XD

I hate the common "Never mind, you don't understand" when you're giving them an alternate point of view. They think their way of thinking is the only logical way.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

DOOF

Chloe wrote:

OMG THIS THIS THIS
I mean, think of it in reverse: Because the starving kids in Africa don't have food, we don't have food- or at least, according to this idiotic statement.

The Real Human Being

Chloe wrote:

The people should eat the starving animals, THEN NOBODY WOULD BE HUNGRY!

Addicted to Coke and crack... wait

"LOL JK" or any variation of the sort. Fucking no. You do not seriously say "laugh out loud just kidding!" after every freaken thing you say and don't mean. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's spammed to all hell and makes me want to kick a puppy every time I see it.

"That's so gay," "You're gay." Guess what? I AM GAY. Well, bi, anyway. So yes, let me get my raging gayness all over the argument, because clearly that makes sense.

I agree with the "it's my opinion so there," attitude. It's just like they're saying, "I don't give a crap about any other argument you have against me so stfu."

"I could care less." You mean couldn't.

"That's ironic." No it's not. You wouldn't know the meaning of the word "ironic" even if I threw a dictionary at your face.

for all

"Stop shooting me" Shut the hell up I will continue to do so it pleases me.

In all seriousness, any variant of, and the phrase itself, "My nigga" annoys me quite a bit.
If Justice is blind, then Truth shall lead. Together they will find Liberty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MelancholyV wrote:
"That's so gay," "You're gay." Guess what? I AM GAY. Well, bi, anyway. So yes, let me get my raging gayness all over the argument, because clearly that makes sense.

I say this.

:wellington:

The Real Human Being

Justice-Man wrote:
"Stop shooting me" Shut the hell up I will continue to do so it pleases me.

In all seriousness, any variant of, and the phrase itself, "My nigga" annoys me quite a bit.

Nigga, please.

1000% Knight

MelancholyV wrote:

Took out the part not applicable to me, but yeah. I forgot about this one. It's a bit sad that "gay" has degenerated into a synonym for "stupid" =\

Quote:
"That's ironic." No it's not. You wouldn't know the meaning of the word "ironic" even if I threw a dictionary at your face.

Eh, only if people use it wrongly. When people use it correctly (the same with using "effect" as a verb correctly), it is usually very good.

(I was going to call something ironic just to prove I could use irony correctly, but then I realized that I actually wasn't using it right, but if I had said it then it would have been ironic!)

.:looby:. wrote:
MelancholyV wrote:

I say this.

:wellington:

That's so gay. :larry:

Bad Player wrote:
Took out the part not applicable to me, but yeah. I forgot about this one. It's a bit sad that "gay" has degenerated into a synonym for "stupid" =\

I have to wonder... did extremely merry people ever take offense when the word 'gay' started applying to homosexuality? What about cigarettes? They're not the only 'fags' in town anymore, are they? Same with bundles of wood, how do they feel now that they don't have the monopoly on 'flaming'? Have strange or eccentric people ever been confused about their sexual preferences being called into question whenever they described themselves as 'queer'? Does the QUEEN of England ever wonder why her title can also apply to certain non-females?

Great mysteries, indeed.

...NAILED IT

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Your mom.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Cravat of Doom wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
Seriously though, I personally don't miand for this kind of sayings. Most posts I read here I find just funny. Though I admit some sayings CAN be really annoying. But most said here aren't, they're just an excuse to be nitpicky :|

I tend to be a bit of a Grammar Nazi sometimes... Internally, anyway. Sorry. XD

You corrected my "mind"... into "miand"...
What?

Adrian in black wrote:
I have to wonder... did extremely merry people ever take offense when the word 'gay' started applying to homosexuality? What about cigarettes? They're not the only 'fags' in town anymore, are they? Same with bundles of wood, how do they feel now that they don't have the monopoly on 'flaming'? Have strange or eccentric people ever been confused about their sexual preferences being called into question whenever they described themselves as 'queer'? Does the QUEEN of England ever wonder why her title can also apply to certain non-females?

Great mysteries, indeed.

I get what you mean, but I don't see what your point is. Do you mean that it's natural for stupid people to be called gay, as it's happened with the examples you gave, and that gay people shouldn't be offended by this?

DoMaya wrote:
The people should eat the starving animals, THEN NOBODY WOULD BE HUNGRY!

End World Hunger and Poverty, Eat Poor People

Oh lol.

I hope this thread gets locked before everyone has a big gay stupid argument.

My childhood right here

.:looby:. wrote:
Oh lol.

I hope this thread gets locked before everyone has a big gay stupid argument.

Wishing that is like wishing for someone to be killed in an elevator :karma:

1000% Knight

Adrian in black wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Great mysteries, indeed.

Yes, yes, language changes and words get new meanings, but it's still sad that of all words to get an added meaning of "stupid" it was "gay," and for all meanings to be added to the word "gay" it was "stupid" (whichever way you want to think about it)

My son is bored. Care to play with him?

Practice tolerance.

Many of the people at whom this commandment is thrown are already practicing tolerance. Simply put, tolerance is the act of tolerating others--putting up with them. One does not have to like the person in question and he certainly doesn't have to approve of that person's behavior in order to practice tolerance.

DeMatador wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

Great mysteries, indeed.

I get what you mean, but I don't see what your point is. Do you mean that it's natural for stupid people to be called gay, as it's happened with the examples you gave, and that gay people shouldn't be offended by this?

You can choose to be offended by whatever you like. There's no happy medium or proper alternative here, just a collection of words with ever-evolving definitions.

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 7 [ 259 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices