Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 9 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 76  Next

Re: PW: Turnabout Scapegoat - Full chapter available now!Topic%20Title

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Oh joy! It somehow got fixed! I think it was a version 0.974 issue, because after I updated to 0.975, it was fixed.

...D'aaaaawww...

Erol Brisbane in The Contempt of Court, a fangame by Cardy. Play Turnabout Scapegoat now or SUFFER BRISBANE'S WRATH!

Cardiovore wrote:
Dypo -- I did, I replaced the old link with the new one.

Cardy, you only replaced one of the links with the new version. You have two links up at the moment. :karma:

Previously Cardiovore

Tap wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
Dypo -- I did, I replaced the old link with the new one.

Cardy, you only replaced one of the links with the new version. You have two links up at the moment. :karma:

Fixed. Sorry for the mix up, Dypo.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

The member who doesn't swear much

I finished this last night (I think it was then, anyway. I doubt it was this morning), and wow.

I like how the scapegoat part of the title worked, and the case itself was amazing. Granted, I figured out who the killer was, so it was less surprising when it was revealed, but that didn't retract the awesomeness.

Spoiler: My only criticism (Warning, Spoilers)
Vex's breakdown was only a longer version of his past one. I think he should have had a more epic one.

Oh, and I like how it links to the next case at the end.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Previously Cardiovore

BSX wrote:
I finished this last night (I think it was then, anyway. I doubt it was this morning), and wow.

I like how the scapegoat part of the title worked, and the case itself was amazing. Granted, I figured out who the killer was, so it was less surprising when it was revealed, but that didn't retract the awesomeness.

Spoiler: My only criticism (Warning, Spoilers)
Vex's breakdown was only a longer version of his past one. I think he should have had a more epic one.

Oh, and I like how it links to the next case at the end.

Spoiler: Responses (spoilers)
I'm planning on making his breakdown more elaborate in future. This isn't a final version of the game; it still needs a little more improvement and overall polish. To be perfectly honest, I haven't got an idea for a final breakdown sprite for Vulper yet...
To be honest, I should have just called it Turnabout Scar! I didn't think Scapegoat was as relevant to the story. But if you say so... :phoenix:
And yeah the villain was predictable, but it was intentional. I wanted Vulper to be a flat-out asshole :P

Glad you enjoyed it, that "wow" really did say a lot!

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Don't unplug me

Great case! *thumbs up*

Spoiler:
I loved Vex. (I mean, as a character, i don't actually like him xDD) He was brilliantly evil, and such an asshole xD Even though i figured out he was the killer, i was still surprised at how it as presented. And he was annoying me so SO much! "Evidence, evidence, evidence EVIDENCE!!!" -.-''' Also, i really liked Brisbane, especially his theme song, it was awesome.

Looking forward to the next case! 8D

Previously Cardiovore

Spoiler:
Quote:
I loved Vex. (I mean, as a character, i don't actually like him xDD) He was brilliantly evil, and such an asshole xD

Awesome, that's exactly the impression of Vulper I hope everybody gets :P

Quote:
Even though i figured out he was the killer, i was still surprised at how it as presented.

I was worried myself. As I said, it was intentional to drop obvious hints as to who was behind the Krump disguise, but thought I'd ruin the surprise of the killer's unveilling.
Quote:
And he was annoying me so SO much! "Evidence, evidence, evidence EVIDENCE!!!" -.-'''

Glad he was doing his job. :P

Glad you liked it!

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

My Wifi gets screwed up on my Mac for a week and BOOM Scapegoat is finished. Must play now.
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

Downloading now. Looking forward to it.

Just started playing it. A little grammatical error right in the first scene:
Spoiler:
After Snow finally believes that you own the office, he starts saying a lot of stuff. One of the sentences was something like "You're name is Feen Exwright.

EDIT: Wait, how do you even save? (I haven't played more than a few minutes, so I just closed it.)
EDIT 2: Nevermind, F5.

Apollon Flame

Even though the culprit's identity was obvious, it was more enjoyable seeing the characters trying to see who it is. :]
A King

in name

alone...

Two more games coming up soon

Just finished it. It was bloody brilliant!

Spoiler: everything. Includes a bit of Substitution as well
And don't tell me it's ad-libbed, I won't believe you. It all comes together too perfectly at the end :D The plot is great and would've suited a case 4 as well as a case 1. You apply the law of conservation of detail very well: there aren’t many elements, but they’re all linked together in a meaningful way (you’re fantastic when it comes to reusing your McGuffins) and everything is presented in a clear manner. That is why the last trial, in which the whole puzzle was put together contradiction by contradiction (all of which made perfect sense), was so satisfying.

The game has got something of a noir feeling to it, while remaining entirely true to the AA spirit. It’s got plenty of wonderful ideas and memorable moments, my favourites being 1 / seeing the mask of Vincenzo 2/ having to prove to a witness that he's dead. The sheer absurdity of the premise is just delightful.

I love the characters too, especially Vulper, who is such a magnificent bastard. He's obviously evil, so the fact that he's the killer doesn't come as much of a surprise, but boy is he entertaining and fun to take down, with his great lines ("I'm starting to think he doesn't like me" :p), his sprites, his theme, and his devilish aura (No. 666). Snow is quite engaging and believable, the kind of character you’d love to see developed even more in later cases, while Titus is your typical eccentric AA character and would fit quite naturally in the real games. Brisbane is a fascinating character, especially since you get to see both sides of him. I absolutely adored the sweet revenge he got on Vulper at the end, with his clever plan and the stylish way it was executed. Cicatrice is an intriguing character as well – I expected him to hide some kind of dark secret, but I guess I was wrong.

On another note, I enjoyed the reference to Rhea :D Or perhaps it was unintentional.

On the whole, I’d say it’s definitely one of the, if not the, most accomplished fangame out there. In the summer, I often like to replay my favourite cases from the series – but I’m glad I played yours instead, and it probably won’t be the last time I do.

Still, you may want to know that an area of Cicatrice’s hair out of court that is close to his neck tends to flicker weirdly. Also, some of the vincenzo-young sprites didn’t appear in Vincenzo’s trial at one point (I think it was the second flashback, during a multiple choice question). Finally, I had to change the script in scene5, as even though I had examined everything and talked about everything, it still wouldn’t trigger the end of the conversation.

(Btw, our games could be long-lost cousins, they’ve got interesting, coincidental similarities – a pompous man whose theme is a classical piece with strings, your assistant knocking over a bust which turns out to lead to a secret, the snow contradictions, the fact that a character is named Snow, the presence of Marshall, the scene in the records room - and at the same time are completely different as a whole.)

Looking forward to playing more cases from you!
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Previously Cardiovore

Scent --
Spoiler:
At first I was trying to drop very subtle hints, but I think the red eyes pretty much tipped everybody off... So I thought fuck it, at least the other characters are none the wiser! :P

Ping' --
Spoiler: Responses to Ping''s comments - Contain T-Sub spoilers
Quote:
And don't tell me it's ad-libbed, I won't believe you. It all comes together too perfectly at the end :D

...It's ad-libbed.
Lol seriously, it was! It's a miracle it even came together so smoothly.
Quote:
(you’re fantastic when it comes to reusing your McGuffins)

I had to look that up :P

Quote:
The game has got something of a noir feeling to it, while remaining entirely true to the AA spirit. It’s got plenty of wonderful ideas and memorable moments, my favourites being 1 / seeing the mask of Vincenzo 2/ having to prove to a witness that he's dead. The sheer absurdity of the premise is just delightful.

The latter was something I bet you'd never see, even in an AA game :P

Quote:
I love the characters too, especially Vulper, who is such a magnificent bastard. He's obviously evil, so the fact that he's the killer doesn't come as much of a surprise, but boy is he entertaining and fun to take down, with his great lines ("I'm starting to think he doesn't like me" :p), his sprites, his theme, and his devilish aura (No. 666). Snow is quite engaging and believable, the kind of character you’d love to see developed even more in later cases, while Titus is your typical eccentric AA character and would fit quite naturally in the real games. Brisbane is a fascinating character, especially since you get to see both sides of him. I absolutely adored the sweet revenge he got on Vulper at the end, with his clever plan and the stylish way it was executed. Cicatrice is an intriguing character as well – I expected him to hide some kind of dark secret, but I guess I was wrong.

Haha, everybody loves Vulper in the sense that he is such an evil asshole! Which is good because it's exactly the kind of opinion of him I tried to obtain. And as for that 666 thing... Yeah, couldn't resist :P But I also tried to make him out to be a bad liar and criminal, hence things kept going wrong for him regarding his crime (e.g. dragging Krump's body out into the open to distract the police, trying to hide the mask pieces in a hurry before Snow arrived on the scene). And that he'd be asshole enough to believe Phoenix won't find out, and grin about it while he's at it!
Snow is very much based on myself, being the sarcastic bastard I am in real life :P (except I don't say "mate".)
Vincenzo doesn't really have a dark secret (he's an out and out good guy), but he has repressed emotions he never expresses externally (except for at the end).

Quote:
On another note, I enjoyed the reference to Rhea :D Or perhaps it was unintentional.

It was unintentional. Just a reference to Grossberg's haemorrhoids XD

Quote:
On the whole, I’d say it’s definitely one of the, if not the, most accomplished fangame out there. In the summer, I often like to replay my favourite cases from the series – but I’m glad I played yours instead, and it probably won’t be the last time I do.

Thanks!
I wish I could play it from a newcomer's POV... Kinda ruins the experience playing my own game if I know it in and out :|

Quote:
Still, you may want to know that an area of Cicatrice’s hair out of court that is close to his neck tends to flicker weirdly. Also, some of the vincenzo-young sprites didn’t appear in Vincenzo’s trial at one point (I think it was the second flashback, during a multiple choice question). Finally, I had to change the script in scene5, as even though I had examined everything and talked about everything, it still wouldn’t trigger the end of the conversation.

I know about many, if not all, sprite flaws. I'm planning on releasing a downloadable pack of updated sprites in the future (my next step to adding polish to the game).

"some of the vincenzo-young sprites didn’t appear in Vincenzo’s trial at one point" ...Define please?

And scene5 shouldn't usually be a problem...

Quote:
Btw, our games could be long-lost cousins, they’ve got interesting, coincidental similarities – a pompous man whose theme is a classical piece with strings, your assistant knocking over a bust which turns out to lead to a secret, the snow contradictions, the fact that a character is named Snow, the presence of Marshall, the scene in the records room - and at the same time are completely different as a whole.

Damn, you're right! That's weird! Completely coincidental, might I add for the record :P

Damn, this is making me regret putting such a short review of your game...
But thanks for playing and I'm glad you liked it so much!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm already stuck right at the beginning of the Case. I already examined everything at the crime scene, presented everything to Marshall and Snow. I don't think I can break the Psyche Locks yet. What should I do?!

Previously Cardiovore

Pixlking wrote:
I'm already stuck right at the beginning of the Case. I already examined everything at the crime scene, presented everything to Marshall and Snow. I don't think I can break the Psyche Locks yet. What should I do?!

Spoiler:
- Talk to Marshall about all three topics after presenting the affidavit.
- Examine the Knife, the Prosecutor's Badge and the Playing Card.
- Present Snow's profile to Marshall
Doing all of this will trigger the end of the conversation, and Marshall will give you the Crime Scene Photo. You need this to break Snow's first lock.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Pixlking wrote:

Spoiler:
- Talk to Marshall about all three topics after presenting the affidavit.
- Examine the Knife, the Prosecutor's Badge and the Playing Card.
- Present Snow's profile to Marshall
Doing all of this will trigger the end of the conversation, and Marshall will give you the Crime Scene Photo. You need this to break Snow's first lock.

Weird, I thought I had talked to him about everything, because the second talk option was already checked.

Spoiler: In Spoiler Tags Because I can
What was the unintentional reference to Rhea?

Oh, and I'll give a full review of this case and TSub some other time eventually. For one, I need to play through both from the start again, and there is no other.

Got an error.

Spoiler: Beginning
Snow told me to go to the detention center, but this happened.

Pixlking wrote:
Got an error.

Spoiler: Beginning
Snow told me to go to the detention center, but this happened.

Have you got the most recent version of PyWright? Supposedly not having it is what generally causes those white box error thingies.

Thanks, it works now.

But is there any way to make the text scroll faster? It scrolls so slow.

EDIT: Seriously, it's REALLY FREAKING SLOW. It must be some kind of glitch. It wasn't like that before I got the newest version of PyWright. Please tell me there's a why to speed it up somehow.

Here for my yearly login

I shall post my review once I've played it a few more times!
Signatures are hard...

Apollon Flame

Cardiovore wrote:
Scent --
Spoiler:
At first I was trying to drop very subtle hints, but I think the red eyes pretty much tipped everybody off... So I thought fuck it, at least the other characters are none the wiser! :P

Spoiler: Response
His eyes aren't a red that would be noticeable, but rather, you'd need to look intensely to notice them. I think this was the same case for Krump's blue eyes, but they were a bit noticeable. It would have been funnier if Vulper would have picked green contacts xD At least it would have been a bit more obscure.

A King

in name

alone...

Pixlking wrote:
Thanks, it works now.

But is there any way to make the text scroll faster? It scrolls so slow.

EDIT: Seriously, it's REALLY FREAKING SLOW. It must be some kind of glitch. It wasn't like that before I got the newest version of PyWright. Please tell me there's a why to speed it up somehow.

0.974 did have an error. Did you update (again) to 0.975?

It's not that the text is slow, it is that there are a ton of objects in the scene that aren't getting deleted, so it takes too long to show them all.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Previously Cardiovore

BSX wrote:
Spoiler: In Spoiler Tags Because I can
What was the unintentional reference to Rhea?

Spoiler:
Examine the plant in Grossberg's office.
And it wasn't a reference to Rhea; "Rhea" was a reference to Grossberg's haemorrhoids.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Here's a video of the slow text.
Is this normal or is it a glitch? If it's normal, is it gonna be like this for the rest of the game? And if it will, is there a way to make the text scroll faster?

Previously Cardiovore

Pixlking wrote:
Here's a video of the slow text.
Is this normal or is it a glitch? If it's normal, is it gonna be like this for the rest of the game? And if it will, is there a way to make the text scroll faster?

It's a bug in 0.975. According to Saluk it's the result of objects not getting deleted, thus making everything lag.
He said a few posts back to update to 0.976. That should do the trick nicely.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

This is my first time playing a fan game... How do I save? ^^;

Previously Cardiovore

ThePRPD wrote:
This is my first time playing a fan game... How do I save? ^^;

F5 to save, F7 to load a savefile :)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Thank you. :phoenix:

So here's my theory:

Spoiler: First Investigation
I am in the secret room in Krump's mansion right now. I found pieces of rubber on the floor. This may sound absurd, but I think it's a mask. The biggest piece has some kind of red line on it, and I bet it's a SCAR. It's probably a Vincenzo mask used to disguise when the killer murdered Grossberg. I am not sure who did it...
By the way, I noticed that Vulper has a scar too. Also, the shape of the scar kinda resembles the shape of that blood smear on the card.
In the intro, Grossberg knew who the killer was when he said "Sir". Vincenzo used to call him that. Hmm...
I still don't think it was Vincenzo. Maybe it was Brisbane? His shoeprints were near the bridge (in the present), so that means he WAS there.

EDIT: Typo!
Spoiler: Trial 1
In the lobby, Brisbane called Nick a "laywer" before he left.

Last edited by Dani on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apollon Flame

Spoiler:
Personally, when looking at the bloody card, I thought it was a drawing of Vulper, but when Wright drew everything together... I was surprised. :udgy:

A King

in name

alone...

I have some kind of error:
Spoiler:
After questioning Snow with the Magatama and hearing what he has to say I'm supposed to go to the Detention Center but when I do I get an error on screen:

Undefined: List Index out of range
games/PW - The Contempt of Court/Turnabout [this line gets cut due to the screensize but I assume it says "Scapegoat"]
""{c090}{center}{sound /sfx-typewriter.wav}

Click to skip line

And no matter how many times I click, nothing happens. What do I do?? Do I have to re-download?

Previously Cardiovore

Pixlking -- Interesting idea... And grr, another typo.

Scent --
Spoiler:
I don't know how he could actually draw a picture of Vulper with his blood on a small card :P

ThePRPD -- I'm not sure, have you tried updating PyWright to 0.976?
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Ah, that happened to be the issue. I wish I noticed the update sooner. Heh...
Thanks again.

A box of wistful dreams...

Quote:

I have been looking for a download link to 0.976 but without any luck. 0.975 is making the text appear very slowly in nearly all the games I've got, including this one ^^'. If anyone can assist me then thank you very much. Oh, and by the way this game looks incredible and I can't wait to play it! :)

"Why did you come with me?"

"Only because I wanted to come with you." - Final Fantasy IX

Previously Cardiovore

memorysong wrote:
Quote:

I have been looking for a download link to 0.976 but without any luck. 0.975 is making the text appear very slowly in nearly all the games I've got, including this one ^^'. If anyone can assist me then thank you very much. Oh, and by the way this game looks incredible and I can't wait to play it! :)

You can update it from PyWright itself.
Open pywright.exe, click "Download Games and Content", then "Update PyWright". You should see 0.976 at the bottom of the list.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

A box of wistful dreams...

Oh I see, thank you for this! And good luck for the following cases! I'll try give as much support (whether it is pointing out errors and such) as possible in the future.

"Why did you come with me?"

"Only because I wanted to come with you." - Final Fantasy IX

Previously Cardiovore

memorysong wrote:
Oh I see, thank you for this! And good luck for the following cases! I'll try give as much support (whether it is pointing out errors and such) as possible in the future.

Oh please, be as critical as needed. :garyuu:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I'm at the beginning of Investigation 2. I don't think you should click the spoiler tag before finishing the whole game, though. Here's my theory:

Spoiler: Investigation 2
I am at the part of the investigation where you get the card back.
Titus Crump has been dead for a while (as Snow stated). I've suspected this since Brisbane said that "something about him was different". That brings me back to my mask theory. The real killer is a master of disguise. Phoenix has actually never seen Krump - only the real killer of Grossberg and Krump, wearing a mask. I think that the Krump in the witness stand is the killer. And I think that Vex Vulper is actually disguised as Krump! Again. After all, he wants revenge. He framed Vincenzo for a murder and killed Grossberg for...whatever reason. Maybe it was just to frame Vincenzo, maybe it was because Grossberg helped Vincenzo five years ago. I guess he killed everyone involved in the case. That's why he killed Krump. "One down, one to go" was what he said in the opening sequence. Anyway, I am now ALMOST sure that it was Vulper. Why? It's in the next spoiler tag.

DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE CASE.
Spoiler: THE IDENTITY OF THE KILLER
Look what I drew.

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to say that this case is really exciting and that you guys did a fantastic job on making it. I hope I can finish it tonight and write a full review. (Just like I did with Turnabout Substitution.)

EDIT 2: Another typo.

Present something wrong to Brisbane in Grossberg's office, and he says "Have you forgotton I'm a prosecutor?".

Last edited by Dani on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previously Cardiovore

Pixlking wrote:
I'm at the beginning of Investigation 2. I don't think you should click the spoiler tag before finishing the whole game, though. Here's my theory:

I am at the part of the investigation where you get the card back.
Titus Crump has been dead for a while (as Snow stated). I've suspected this since Brisbane said that "something about him was different". That brings me back to my mask theory. The real killer is a master of disguise. Phoenix has actually never seen Krump - only the real killer of Grossberg and Krump, wearing a mask. The thing with "he faced to the right and I saw the scar" was TRUE. Remember Turnabout Sisters? This can be true if you see it from another perspective. Yes. I think that the Krump in the witness stand is the killer. And I think that Vex Vulper is actually the killer! Again. After all, he wants revenge. He framed Vincenzo for a murder and killed Grossberg for...whatever reason. Maybe it was just to frame Vincenzo, maybe it was because Grossberg helped Vincenzo five years ago. Anyway, I am now ALMOST sure that it was Vulper. Why? It's in the next spoiler tag.

DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE CASE.
Spoiler: THE IDENTITY OF THE KILLER
Look what I drew.

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to say that this case is really exciting and that you guys did a fantastic job on making it. I hope I can finish it tonight and write a full review. (Just like I did with Turnabout Substitution.)

That's certainly a very interesting theory... It's awesome how you've put so much thought into your ideas of what's going on. Even going so far as to... you know, what you did in the last spoiler.:garyuu:

And by the way, it was just me who made the case. Sheet conversions, bug reports and suggestions were pretty much the only outside help I had.
Glad you're enjoying it, looking forward to your review!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE
Page 9 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games