Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 3 of 4[ 139 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: If it wasn't Edgeworth..Topic%20Title

Rock N' Roll

I see many people here are liking Franziska as the lead role of the game if Edgeworth wasn't to star in it.

Well never fear people because soon enough I will make you all happy chappies :D.

OT: I would like Klavier as one too, or Godot either will do tbh.
ImageHell yeah! Moon walk!
How lame

Resident Bookworm

I'd vote either new character, Klavier, or Neil. Either that or Ema for a pure investigator game.

Franziska: I'd probably get stoned for this but I just don't like her character. Yes, she has room to grow but not until Capcom learns you can only spam the whip-thing too far. 3-5 was the closest her character was IMO to being tolerable. If anything I prefer her character in small doses.

Godot: He's awesome but his story is pretty much done, before and after T&T.

Manfred: Somehow, just don't see it...

Lana: It can't really work before 1-5 because when she was under Gant's thumb the entire time. Maybe when she gets out of jail and is working her way back up or something.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Robin Goodfellow wrote:
Franziska: I'd probably get stoned for this but I just don't like her character. Yes, she has room to grow but not until Capcom learns you can only spam the whip-thing too far. 3-5 was the closest her character was IMO to being tolerable. If anything I prefer her character in small doses.

OMG I want to kill you with heavy rocks IRL because you don't like the same fictional characters as I do.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Lana: It can't really work before 1-5 because when she was under Gant's thumb the entire time. Maybe when she gets out of jail and is working her way back up or something.

I'd rather see her investigating before the Darke Incident.
When she and Gant were just an awesome investigation team.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PL vs PW <33

Menno wrote:
Hobo Phoenix Wright,

Spoiler: AJ Spoiler
He lost his badge, so he has enough time to investigate.

I agree! esp since
Spoiler: AJ
he was so awesome at it considering all the things he dug up without having any proper authority to do so
but it's not very likely, since he's already been in the spotlight enough...

Icarus wrote:
Spoiler: You don't really need to read this
Also like Phoenix was her motivation to become a lawyer. Edgeworth became a lawyer at first because he wanted to defend innocents, but later because he wanted to punish criminals. In contrast to Edgeworth's motivations, Phoenix became a lawyer for more personal reasons. He heard about Miles' reputation as a demon lawyer and wanted to save his friend. Defending people because they were innocent was at first simply a means to an end, and it wasn't until 2-4 that Phoenix really faced up to the reality of his profession and began asking the tough questions about his duty. Franziska mirrors Phoenix's motivations in that the actual act of being a lawyer had nothing to do with her career choice. She became a lawyer not for a high-minded reason like defending the innocent or punishing the guilty, but for personal reasons, to gain the approval of her father and to prove herself an equal to a sibling she felt inferior to.

Like I said earlier, if Franziska was forced to reassess her responsibility to her client as a lawyer like Phoenix's 2-4 moment or was forced to confront what an evil, twisted man Manfred von Karma was, then that could be an excellent starting point for her growth as both a character and as a lawyer/investigator.

tl;dr: Franziska is cool because personality-wise, she's kinda like Phoenix's evil twin separated at birth and raised by Manfred.

Spoiler: response that is slightly off-topic
I'm not sure what you mean by Phoenix being her (I'm assuming you meant Franziska) motivation to become a lawyer, because didn't she become a lawyer because her dad expected her to? Also, I have a slight objection to Phoenix's reasons: he became a lawyer to save his friends (Edgeworth in particular), but also to defend the innocent, because he knows what it feels like to be all alone with nobody to believe in them, and he doesn't want anyone else to feel that way. I also wonder if Phoenix wants to punish criminals by defending the innocent as well, because he said to Edgeworth in 2-4 that he doesn't have the right to judge anyone again. So while Phoenix's reasons are more selfish than Edgeworth's, it's not as selfish as Franziska's. I felt her reasons were mostly pride and getting approval from her father.

But I do agree with you that Franziska never had a chance to shine as a character. Which is why many people felt she's flat as a character, because they view her as "Lady Whippingberg", and are surprised when she shows mercy or kindness. I blame Capcom taking her whipping slapstick gimmick too far.

I do wish she can have her own game to show the softer side of her, as well as showing her thought processes beneath the "whip all to submission" part we always see. (and we need a female lead!) It might make a more interesting game than say, Klavier, because of her connections with Interpol (going International!)

That being said though, I wonder if she would be hard to write as a main character, because there's a fine line of how far can you show her soft side before it gets OOC (unless she's a true Tsudere, and she actually thinks differently and only acts tough). So I wonder if Franziska was always intended to be a secondary character, with her role being to develop Phoenix and Edgeworth's characters....
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

MapleRose wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Also like Phoenix was her motivation to become a lawyer. Edgeworth became a lawyer at first because he wanted to defend innocents, but later because he wanted to punish criminals. In contrast to Edgeworth's motivations, Phoenix became a lawyer for more personal reasons. He heard about Miles' reputation as a demon lawyer and wanted to save his friend. Defending people because they were innocent was at first simply a means to an end, and it wasn't until 2-4 that Phoenix really faced up to the reality of his profession and began asking the tough questions about his duty. Franziska mirrors Phoenix's motivations in that the actual act of being a lawyer had nothing to do with her career choice. She became a lawyer not for a high-minded reason like defending the innocent or punishing the guilty, but for personal reasons, to gain the approval of her father and to prove herself an equal to a sibling she felt inferior to.

Like I said earlier, if Franziska was forced to reassess her responsibility to her client as a lawyer like Phoenix's 2-4 moment or was forced to confront what an evil, twisted man Manfred von Karma was, then that could be an excellent starting point for her growth as both a character and as a lawyer/investigator.

tl;dr: Franziska is cool because personality-wise, she's kinda like Phoenix's evil twin separated at birth and raised by Manfred.

I'm not sure what you mean by Phoenix being her (I'm assuming you meant Franziska) motivation to become a lawyer, because didn't she become a lawyer because her dad expected her to?

Hold on a moment. I never said Phoenix was Franziska's motivation, I said "[s]he became a lawyer [...] for personal reasons, to gain the approval of her father and to prove herself an equal to a sibling she felt inferior to." Was my post confusingly worded? I didn't mean to say that Phoenix himself was Franziska's reason, my point was supposed to be that Franziska and Phoenix had similar motivations because they're similar people mentored by two extremely different people.

And honestly, based on AAI-4, I don't think Manfred ever expected Franziska to become a lawyer, he just wanted to set up Gregory Edgeworth's son to be destroyed, and Franziska took up prosecuting in a desperate bid to not be ignored. Manfred doesn't show any interest in Franziska, and on top of that, he seems like the kind of guy who would be disappointed in his daughters for not having a Y chromosome.

MapleRose wrote:
Also, I have a slight objection to Phoenix's reasons: he became a lawyer to save his friends (Edgeworth in particular), but also to defend the innocent, because he knows what it feels like to be all alone with nobody to believe in them, and he doesn't want anyone else to feel that way. I also wonder if Phoenix wants to punish criminals by defending the innocent as well, because he said to Edgeworth in 2-4 that he doesn't have the right to judge anyone again. So while Phoenix's reasons are more selfish than Edgeworth's, it's not as selfish as Franziska's. I felt her reasons were mostly pride and getting approval from her father.[/spoiler]

True, but that was kind of retconned in 3-1 when Phoenix was an art student who takes up law after hearing bad things about Edgeworth. The classroom trial still played a pivotal role in his attitude towards the law and justice, but he wouldn't have become a lawyer if he wasn't trying to make a point to Edgeworth.

MapleRose wrote:
But I do agree with you that Franziska never had a chance to shine as a character. Which is why many people felt she's flat as a character, because they view her as "Lady Whippingberg", and are surprised when she shows mercy or kindness. I blame Capcom taking her whipping slapstick gimmick too far.

I do wish she can have her own game to show the softer side of her, as well as showing her thought processes beneath the "whip all to submission" part we always see. (and we need a female lead!) It might make a more interesting game than say, Klavier, because of her connections with Interpol (going International!)

That being said though, I wonder if she would be hard to write as a main character, because there's a fine line of how far can you show her soft side before it gets OOC (unless she's a true Tsudere, and she actually thinks differently and only acts tough). So I wonder if Franziska was always intended to be a secondary character, with her role being to develop Phoenix and Edgeworth's characters....

I would feel let down if they made Franziska a "tsundere"-type character, because she isn't. Franziska is a very competitive person who constantly feels the need to prove herself (Facing off against the man who destroyed her father's forty-year perfect record was pretty much suicide for her perfect record, but she tried anyways.) She's intelligent and quick on her feet, but also incredibly stubborn and easily upset. She does genuinely care about people, but she's been raised to believe that's something that holds her back and channels her affection for her adopted brother into her hyper-competitive urges.

Honestly, I find that to be a way more interesting character than "she pretends to be a bitch, but she's the most fucking stereotypical girly girl underneath it all."
Billie Jean is not my lover.

i'll get an avvy later

on the main subject, i'd say godot, cause he's pure awesomeness
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

Do that *schwing* thing you always do!

If it can be "anyone", Ema.

If it has to be an attorney, then an AAI-styled game with Phoenix would be fukken' A (especially if it had both court segments and confrontations).

Wanderer

my opinion i think is franziska because od the unknowned smuggling ring investigations

HOLD IT!

I think it'd be cool if we got some old character renewed.

So for example you could have Maggey suddenly turn into a prosecutor or play the lead investigator, or like Meekins or something, because Meekins is freaking awesome. :meekins:

Other possibilities could include:

A very organised Adrian Andrews
Vera Misham?
Pearls later in life
Wocky Kitaki, turned prosecutor?

I like cameos :)

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Franziska or Payne (more for comedy value than anything).
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Zvarri!

NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd have to say Godot, because he's so awesome!!!

Manfred would be my second choice, though.

Pretty much what i think.

Klavier would be alright too.
Zvarri! The truth has once again been elegantly revealed to me!
Every year, for your report card, your teacher would say, "Likes to read people's signatures"

...Am I wrong?

The Twisted Samurai

But Godot would be impossibe since the only cases he works on are against Phoenix and to repeat the plot would be stupid of capcom since not every person likes him.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

OBJECTION, DAMMIT!

I would like to play as Godot or Franziska :) If Franziska, I wonder if they include whipping-minigames or something. O_o
And playing as Klavier would make it the worst game ever lol. D: Well, that's my opinion XD

O NOEZ ;_;

The Twisted Samurai

If the games would include minigames they totally would turn into absurdity and they would became ridicoulus I think, and about Godot I wrote something a post above yours
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

OBJECTION, DAMMIT!

Lol, you're right. I can't imagine the games having minigames, though D: Would be terrible o.o

O NOEZ ;_;

Gettin' Old!

Orplie wrote:
Lol, you're right. I can't imagine the games having minigames, though D: Would be terrible o.o

I dunno...I wouldn't mind if you could access *insert protaganists name here* phone and play a small Steel Samurai side scrolling fighter game just for fun. Like Tin Pin Slammer in TWEWY.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I would like to have Ema Skye. You could have access to all of her scientific tools.

OBJECTION, DAMMIT!

Myles Orly wrote:
I would like to have Ema Skye. You could have access to all of her scientific tools.

Yeah, that would be awesome too XD

O NOEZ ;_;

<3

I think it would be cool if :-P became a prosecutor! she was always on the side bench, but now its her turn!

But, even tho it's impossible, :godot: would be a hit! :pearly:
:D

Captain Hair!

Franziska would probably be the most fun prosecutor to play as. She has a personality big enough to make a great main character, and the game would have a lot of story potential. Oh, and I suppose they can throw in one case where you play as Payne, just for laughs.

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

A part of me wants Franziska to be the main character and get fleshed out and we get to know more about her another part of me wants Franziska left to fantasy.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

Robo-Aly

Marshall would definitely be interesting, as would either of the von Karmas.

Lana would be dreadful to play as, though; she has a rotten personality when she's a prosecutor. Perhaps when she was a detective, but not as a prosecutor. If we were to choose a detective, I'd definitely want to play as Ema.

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

What about Damon Gant? When he was young and still wanted to fight for justice in the right way?
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

I want one with Byrne Faraday as the PC and Badd as the sidekick... there can never be enough Badd :will: Plus the side stories could be really interesting...

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Payne

...No, I'm actually being serious here. Doesn't anybody else want to see Payne investgating crime scenes to redeem himself and learn what it means to be a prosecutor? His rival would even be a jackass defense attorney who thinks he's better then everyone. C'mon, you know you want it.

...D'aaaaawww...

Erol Brisbane in The Contempt of Court, a fangame by Cardy. Play Turnabout Scapegoat now or SUFFER BRISBANE'S WRATH!

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

Ehhh...a Payne game would be okay...I would just prefer it focus on a bigger character in the series (though that Payne/Gant game idea on the 2nd page was GENIUS!! It could be like Elite Beat Agents meets Ace Attorney!! *fangasms and dies*)

Hmmm....new main characters...

I'd really just like to see another Edgeworth game. :bellboy:

I would REALLY like to see a Klavier-centric game. It would be nice for Capcom to give him some more depth to his personality than we saw in AJ (toward the end of case 4 I KNEW there was more to him than meets the eye) Plus, Ema could have a dual role as the detective and the female sidekick so...NO NEW REPLACEMENT MAYA!! :D And I just think Klavi is a cool character. :)

I wouldn't mind a Franziska game either. She could do some more work with Interpol or something like that...which would inevitably involve more Lang!! :D As much as Fran does get on my nerves sometimes (cases 2 & 3 of Justice For All, anyone?) I really like her as a character. (and it would be GREAT to have a female lead!). As for Manfred...it really depends on how it was set up, his assholeishness (I say it's a word!!) would have to have an off button for me to be able to stand a whole game with him (but he seemed to be ok in AAI, even though some of the dialogue forshadowed he was setting Edgeworth up for a fall, which pretty much defines asshole).

Ema and Gumshoe would be good choices as well. using all the forensics equipment would be AWESOME. And even though Gumshoe can't use Logic, I really think that's Edgey's gimmick anyway, so who says a new investigations game couldn't have something else! Because ya gotta admit, Gumshoe can be pretty badass sometimes.

I really don't see what the big deal is with Neil Marshall in the fandom...at all. *is shot*

Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!

Elimentary!

Franziska.

I would love to see Franziska develop more as a character. I think it would present a perfect oppertunity for Franziska to step out of Miles shadow. There is so much left untold with her that it would be completely plausable for her to take the leading role.

That and she's awesome!

Check out my Graphics page :D!

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

:jake:
Not as a prosecutor, merely as a detective
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

Awesome_Cravat wrote:
Franziska.

I would love to see Franziska develop more as a character. I think it would present a perfect oppertunity for Franziska to step out of Miles shadow. There is so much left untold with her that it would be completely plausable for her to take the leading role.

That and she's awesome!

I so Agree with you! And besides, she didn't have luck in AAI. I mean she was all the time in Miles' shadow. Poor girl. Remember after AAI case 2, when she says that she's nothing but a "dancing pierrot" who is always losing to Miles, well, I'm sure she's suffering to be always behind him.

However, even though I'd rather have Fran as the main character in AAI 2, I have to say Klavier is interesting too. I mean he's the only prosecutor who is fighting for the truth in a trial since the beginning. It would be interesting to see his debut (with Daryan at his side).

If there is a game with Klavier, it has to be before AJ. And if there is a game with Fran, it has to be after AAI.

Well it doesn't have to be a prosecutor does it? Cuz I think,no,know that :youngmia: deserves her own game or at least :javado: before he went into a coma. Mia would still be learning the ropes with Diego as her mentor. Now THAT would be a game I would put my life savings towards.

But a Franny game is another i would put my savings towards! She is my third favourite character and she was so much of her background that hasn't been told! I guess I'd be happy if it was a :franny: game or a Mia/Diego game
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

MiaFeyFan wrote:
Well it doesn't have to be a prosecutor does it? Cuz I think,no,know that :youngmia: deserves her own game

Yeah, they should make a game from Mia, because now we hear that she's an awesome lawyer all the time but we only got to see 2 cases (of which one was a failure)
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

NNNNGGGGGOOOOOOHHHHH

I say that I'd like something short of T&T: Three cases with the main character, and two past cases with a related/mentor character.

My first thought is three/four cases as Klavier, and one/two as Kristoph, in the past. Playing as Kristoph has always been one of my (messed up) wishes.

Another one could be another Edgeworth game, where you play two past cases as Manfred/Franziska.

My name is Judge.

I'd love to see a game featuring either Neil or Lana.

I wouldn't mind a Klavier game though.

My childhood right here

Klavier Gavin: Ace Motherfucker

I feel violated... and crispy...

Larry Butz: Ace Ladies Man

It's a game you never actually win. You just go through trying to get girls to like you for as long as you can, and taking up all these odd jobs to afford dates and gifts. At the end of the game, regardless of your pitiful loss (as the game can't be won), Larry still concludes that at least he isn't a hobo like his friend Nick or a 30 year old virgin like his friend Edgey.

He then skips off into the ~sensual~ sunset.
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

EDGEWORTH RULES ALL! <3

Franziska, definitely.

And, I'd like to face Phoenix more in the game! I missed him in AAI D:

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

Ace Fresca wrote:

My first thought is three/four cases as Klavier, and one/two as Kristoph, in the past. Playing as Kristoph has always been one of my (messed up) wishes.

This is one of the best ideas EVER!!! :gant-clap2: It's perfect! And I totally agree...I love Kristoph. :edgy: If this were ever actually created, I think I would probably explode.
Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!

replaying

:payne: PAYNE! Nah, I´m just kidding. I haven´t played Rise From The Ashes in years so I don´t remember if Lana Skye quit prosecuting but if she didn´t I would love to play as her. :lana:

replaying

It would also be fun to play a game where you play as Mia during the time Nick was learning from her. So Phoenix will follow you around when you investigate and stand beside you in court just like Maya.
Page 3 of 4 [ 139 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby