Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 3 of 4[ 127 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title

Kinlyu wrote:
(or Bailey's? girly-alcohol, yayz)

I was just about to say Bailey's! : D
Daughter of PandaPrinzessin & J.D. Sister of la sombra se levantó Meenyman and Scarred_owl
Beautiful signature by Nadindi <3

YAY!Mr Nick is on the phone!

The first time I saw that glass i was thinking it was chocolate milk.
I hope i may lend this from Mr Edgeworth.

sig+avi made by krazykaro

ruudblack wrote:
The first time I saw that glass i was thinking it was chocolate milk.

again I agree :minuki:
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

Fool!

Every decent person thinks it's chocolate milk at first. Right? Everyone loves chocolate milk! XD
"Who needs enemies when you've got friends like detective Gumshoe?"

sig+avi made by krazykaro

Kinlyu wrote:
Every decent person thinks it's chocolate milk at first. Right? Everyone loves chocolate milk! XD

:redd:
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

^_^

i think baileys and chocolate milk look the same, but judging by the way it looks i would say it was..............................
chocolate milk!!! cos it dosent have ice in it..........unless he likes his baileys with no ice.................or the ice was too hard to fit in his um..... where ever he puts his drink....i have no idea where it comes from........maybe he was the first owner of the magic panties??????
As for the scratches id say :shoe: or he did it himself
I am a Phoenix/Maya shipper
I also support Fransizka/Edgeworth, Mia/Diego and Apollo/Vera.

FINE

it was :shoe: with his knife
about the glass... he's the kind of cartoon people that pulls things out of their pants.

Lol. I can see Uranus.

Location: Lost in the deepest part of my church. (That place is a laberynth!)

The scratches have to be from shoe.

and he is drinking chocolate milk lol :foam:

EDIT:

i think shoe scratched him while he was sleeping and that shoe scratches a lot of things since the wooden bear that was on his couch was covered in scratches. :shoe:
awesome sig by Ptapcc!
Deviantart!

Conductor of the London UG.

JusticeForNoms wrote:
The scratches have to be from shoe.

and he is drinking chocolate milk lol :foam:

EDIT:

i think shoe scratched him while he was sleeping and that shoe scratches a lot of things since the wooden bear that was on his couch was covered in scratches. :shoe:

It's chocolate Milk or Gravy. Although very weak Gravy.

And Yeah we all know :shoe: is evil. And there's three scratches that are parallel so it probs is a cat scratch. I mean you can't have motorbike accident and get perfect parallel scars, well very unlikely.
(Thanks to my friend for the Sig)

'Sup?

Kinlyu wrote:
As for the scratches... it could be anything, depending on how 'fresh' they are. I have no idea how long scars would last... but maybe it's something he's had for a very long time. I don't have a decent theory to share, really ^^;

I'm quite sure scars last forever (I should know, I have a couple.) unless if you use that magical cream on those commercials... providing that it actually works. I have no idea if it does.
Anyway, I think he got those scars from either Celeste or himself. Maybe he did it to just prove he can and uses them to intimidate people? *shrug*
As for the glass... super-special oil because he's actually a robot in disguise I dunno.
Image Image

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

The glass is made out of plastic and is collapsible. When it is collapsed it turns into the size of a pen and fits into his pocket

100% Juice

LawfulMagician wrote:
Kinlyu wrote:
As for the scratches... it could be anything, depending on how 'fresh' they are. I have no idea how long scars would last... but maybe it's something he's had for a very long time. I don't have a decent theory to share, really ^^;

I'm quite sure scars last forever (I should know, I have a couple.) unless if you use that magical cream on those commercials... providing that it actually works. I have no idea if it does.
Anyway, I think he got those scars from either Celeste or himself. Maybe he did it to just prove he can and uses them to intimidate people? *shrug*
As for the glass... super-special oil because he's actually a robot in disguise I dunno.

not all scars last forever. I got bit by a dog on the jaw line when I was 12. I'm 22 and the scar is almost faded. My leg fell through the slats of a wooden dusky-style bridge when I was 14 and i had a scar on both sides my leg from it. Practically gone now as well. so yeah...

ButzPuff wrote:
My Theory: He suffers from a minor case of Dissociative Identity Disorder possibly due to some traumatic event in his past *cough*Child Abuse*cough* which lead to a minor split in his personality as you see in the game. As he would switch from the "good" Matt into the "evil" Matt the very first time, he apparently grabbed his face with his left hand and after the switch is made, the "evil" half grinded his hand down which lead to it becoming an automatic habit every time the switch happens. Hence the scarred Scratches over his left eye. The "good" Matt realized he need to hide the scars to avoid being questioned unless the "bad" Matt took over.

Spoiler: Extra Info
And Why all the Scratches at the end of the case? Reconnection of the two Personalties.

Durp wrote:
Joke Theory: Shoe did it. :C

When that happens to you, it's not that much of joke. Considering the serious damage that can happen. *Had that happen before*

anyway i go with what someone said on the first page about his mutli personalities and how the bad matt scratches that eye a lot.

as for the glass i hope it's not filled with 'gravy'. i'm hoping it's choco milk. maybe it's ovaltine or milo!

I'm not your buddy, pal.

Here comes a massive breakthrough. Brace yourselves, people.

Spoiler:
It was Missile.

Attorney at Lawl

I always thought it was Celeste who gave him the scratches. I'm not sure why. It just stood out as that being it.

The cape is self-fluttering

Spiker wrote:
I always thought it was Celeste who gave him the scratches. I'm not sure why. It just stood out as that being it.

It would certainly be fitting.

A twist would be if he gave those scratches to himself OVER Celeste when they broke up, or once he found out she had started dating his most bitter rival. It would add some dimension to his character.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Attorney at Lawl

Adrian in black wrote:
Spiker wrote:

A twist would be if he gave those scratches to himself OVER Celeste when they broke up, or once he found out she had started dating his most bitter rival. It would add some dimension to his character.

Hmm. I see how that could work. Just seems a bit out-of-character for Matt. Or maybe he was a lot different before the whole thing with Juan and Celeste.

The cape is self-fluttering

Spiker wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
Spiker wrote:

Hmm. I see how that could work. Just seems a bit out-of-character for Matt. Or maybe he was a lot different before the whole thing with Juan and Celeste.

Well, as far as the latter scenario goes, it wouldn't be too out of character if Matt scratched his face after realizing Celeste ended up with JUAN, his rival, of all people. I'm sure he would take it as a blow to his ego.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Re: Matt's ScratchesTopic%20Title

Duclis wrote:
Serious Theory: He gave them to himself because he's so fucked up. D:

Joke Theory: Shoe did it. :C

My money's on Shoe. My own cat once scratched down my legs by accident, took me four large plasters to cover up.
:fire:

All hail Dahlia, godess of death chains.

Well, if you guys want an actual serious answer...
I think its almost impossible for him to have done it to himself. That's because I have long fingernails (Yes I'm a girl). They are also REALLY sharp. So basically I know what fingernail scratches are like because I'm a retard and accidently stratch myself on occasion. I've also scratched other people with them (With the intent to inflict a lot of damage). So the point is that even with a ton of force and really long fingernails, no one has ever gotten scars from my fingernails. And, if you look at Matt's hands, you can tell he doesn't have long fingernails. So its basically impossible for him to scratch himself and leave a scar (Even though he can break the skin, its not enough to leave a scar).
The other point is that human fingernails are not shaped right to cause those types of scratches. Because human fingernails don't come to a point, they leave a wide scratch mark that usually doesn't cut very deep at all. So basically the scratches on Matt's face are way too thin to be human fingernails.
So, chances are, it was a cat. Or some freak accident. Either way, I highly doubt he did it.
Sorry that was way too long...I look into things too much

By Midnight Jasper! Much thanks!

What's in the glass? What kind of question is that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dH16ePt9yg
End of story.

Defense Attorney

I guess he fought the bear while he tried to stuff the video camera in. The bear probably thought Matt was going to kill him, huh?
And also, it shows that his a bad guy? Woo hoo?

Objector. 'Nuff Said.

Shoe...?
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee. ~Godot :godot:

Max Sugar, No Taste

I can so see how he got the scars.

Nice!Matt: Aaww! <3 Kitty! Come 'ere kitty! *picks up*
Shoe: *DudeWTFpanicscratch*

As for the glass, my first thought was that it's Bailey's. Does that make me an undecent person? :D
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head

i'll get an avvy later

my ideas are based on logic, not idiocy.

The scratches are nail marks from Celeste Impax from a fight caused by when Matt and her broke up. And the glass is full of arsenic, but i don't know where it's from.
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

For the glass, it has been discussed already IT IS GRAVY AND NOT CHOCOLATE MILK, HAD PHOENIX WRIGHT WERE CURIOUS SOMETHING BAD WOULD HAPPEN AT THE ENGARDE RESIDENCE :zenitora: !

Spoiler: OH NOES!
:phoenix: Is that all?
:shelly: It appears so.
:phoenix: Okay, let's go pea...
:think-pw: Wait, what is behind that door?
:shelly: I'm afraid I cannot let you see what is behind that door, even master told me not to enter.
:nick: Alright alright.

Cut to the part where Phoenix and Edgeworth come to Engarde manor

:think-pw: I can't believe that butler was de Killer all along.
:edgeworth: Now isn't the time to think about it! Help me break this door down!
*CRACK* *CRACK* *CRASH*
:ack: OH MY GOD A WHOLE TUB OF GRAVY!
:edgeworth: Wright, I think you have to reconsider about defending Engarde.

Cut to Detention Center

:enguard: So it appears you know my secret now Mr. Wright.
:ack: GOOD GRAVY! That diabolical bastard is fueled by GRAVY!

EDIT: It appears that the John Doe smile is not working.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

i'll get an avvy later

will anyone respond to my comment?
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

It's the war of the Eyeglasses!

I apologize now for my magic thread killing powers, but I always thought Matt had Chocolate Milk in his glass. But that's when I played when I was like 10 or something.

I seem to be the only one who didn't think it was chocolate milk: I thought it was beer... And the scrachtes on his face? Not a clue, maybe something to do with the motorbike hanging over his sofa...? Accident, or is Shoe the guilty party? :scratch: maybe he did it himself.

I laughed when he pulled out the glass.
Heh, I think Capcom over did his evil persona with the glass. The scars on his eyes and the fangs were enough but the glass was still fun. :V

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

He did it himself ofcourse....
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

It's Hell trying to get to Heaven

Demon Cat wrote:
Well, if you guys want an actual serious answer...
I think its almost impossible for him to have done it to himself. That's because I have long fingernails (Yes I'm a girl). They are also REALLY sharp. So basically I know what fingernail scratches are like because I'm a retard and accidently stratch myself on occasion. I've also scratched other people with them (With the intent to inflict a lot of damage). So the point is that even with a ton of force and really long fingernails, no one has ever gotten scars from my fingernails. And, if you look at Matt's hands, you can tell he doesn't have long fingernails. So its basically impossible for him to scratch himself and leave a scar (Even though he can break the skin, its not enough to leave a scar).
The other point is that human fingernails are not shaped right to cause those types of scratches. Because human fingernails don't come to a point, they leave a wide scratch mark that usually doesn't cut very deep at all. So basically the scratches on Matt's face are way too thin to be human fingernails.
So, chances are, it was a cat. Or some freak accident. Either way, I highly doubt he did it.
Sorry that was way too long...I look into things too much
Then how do you explain Matt raping his face after getting a guilty verdict?

Well, it's still fiction, and it's not that unrealistic to think that those scratches leave scars of you apply some "rule of cool" or whatever TvTropes calls that stuff
ImageImage

To the Batmobile!

I personally think it's some kind of emo thing we have no idea about.

Or yeah, it's probably Shoe.

Bad Shoe.

:zenitora:
DragonsWebsite[closed]
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me

Maybe it was an accident with the samurai costume.

It has claws...
ImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO KEEP TELLING YOU CRACK FANS!?!?!?!

THOSE ARE NAIL SCRATCHES FROM CELESTE IMPAX, AND THE GLASS IS ARSENIC! WHY ELSE WOULD HE KEEP THE SCRATCHES AS THEY WERE AND HAVE THEM HIDDEN???

Greener223 wrote:
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO KEEP TELLING YOU CRACK FANS!?!?!?!

THOSE ARE NAIL SCRATCHES FROM CELESTE IMPAX, AND THE GLASS IS ARSENIC! WHY ELSE WOULD HE KEEP THE SCRATCHES AS THEY WERE AND HAVE THEM HIDDEN???

Feel the fury of the caps lock!

:yuusaku:
ImageImage

i'll get an avvy later

Darn it, mr Brushel-Misham, you are hilarious!!!

:)

Greener did it.

evil monkey is watching you.

No-so-serious theory:

Spoiler: 2-4
The bear he planted in Juan's room was actually a REAL bear that he killed and stuffed himself. The scars are from the fight.

I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!

Team Stepladder, represent!

^ Nooo, only :juan: is cool enough to fight with bears. Matt doesn't have what it takes... :mattphone:

... So, uh, I started typing with clear stances on both halves of this topic... but, by the end, I've changed them both. :meekins:

1) As for the origin of the scars, I've usually stood by the idea that it was Celeste. It would make plenty of sense since that incident was the beginning of all the tragedy and all his evilness... This Nico-original animation lays it all out really powerfully. (0:32)
However, that theory does have its flaws... According to C-R's summaries and character description technically, the breakup wasn't over Matt cheating... Matt just coldly and randomly dumped her and broke her heart. And I'm sure Celeste is too professional to lash out and scratch a guy over a simple, formal (though harsh) breakup.
And if it was a bitter breakup for whatever reason, why would Celeste, as Adrian's friendly manager, allow her to work for a jerk like Matt? Shouldn't she have warned her about what a bad person he was? It's not like it's a particularly favorable arrangement, anyway, for Adrian and Celeste to be managing rivals. So... yeah...

I have a feeling that, if the writers were ever to officially confirm the origin of Matt's scars... they'd say it was :shoe: . It just sounds like the kind of thing that would be canon. They're purposely driving us to think too hard about it. It's too much of a coincidence that a guy with a scratched face just happens to have a pet cat... :gumshoe:

2) About the glass... I've on board with "chocolate milk" for the longest time!! But here's what I've come to think about the use of alcohol in the series:
Spoiler: AJ - not really spoilery at all; just in case
I don't think the game opted to turn liquor into "Grape Juice" for censorship purposes. There's nothing about the use of alcohol that would push the rating beyond the "T" it has already.

:hobohodo: drinks "Grape Juice" because... he really does just drink grape juice. I wish I could find the topic to cite it, but I remember someone a long time ago somewhere on this site posting a really good point about :hobohodo:'s situation. It was about how he clearly appears to be surrounded by vice (accusations of forged evidence, gambling, and alcoholism)... but, with a closer look, he's still the relatively morally upWright guy we've always known (he didn't do the forging, he's not playing for money, and it's actually just grape juice).

That said... :psycho-matt: truly is a cold, evil person. There's no reason to give him the illusion of a vice by having something that looks like alcohol actually be something innocent like chocolate milk. He never even pulls it out until he reveals his true nature. I'm obviously not saying that anyone who drinks alcohol is evil -- but, as has been pointed out, it's a stereotypical symbol/trope of bad-guy-ness. A bad guy like Matt certainly has no reason to avert this trope.

So... I don't know what it is, but I think it's some kind of alcohol.

Page 3 of 4 [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)