Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 5 of 8[ 290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title

Pleading Eyes wrote:
I disagree. =(

There's a little story I'd like to tell you that I think could prove my point.

...Once upon a time, I was a young college student who'd never before fallen in love. I used to actually think I was asexual because I just seemed to lack a real desire for that kind of interaction. I respected the kind of romance I saw in Disney movies and read about in novels, but never experienced in real life.

...And then I met her. My first crush.
She was beautiful. She was incredible. She was intelligent. She was everything I had ever wanted in a woman.
But I was young. I was foolish. And way back when, I was a lot like Larry.

I pursued her diligently. I wrote her poetry, and sent it under the door of her dorm room. I wrote her a song, and sang it to her in the common area while my best friend played the guitar. I bent over backwards, trying desperately and at times pathetically to meet her needs. I was obsessed with this thought that we were fairy tale lovers and she'd fall for me once she truly got to know me.

...She took advantage of the attention and the adoration for a time, and then she finally got sick of it, pulled me aside and said: "Perseverance, you're a great guy and all, but you're acting like a real jerk."

I couldn't believe it! Guys who took advantage of women, or pursued women only for the benefit of one-night stands, or who treated women like objects, those were the jerks. I wasn't like that at all. I was the hopeless romantic, the aspiring poet, the committed lover. I wasn't...
...And then it suddenly dawned upon me that I had, in fact, been treating this girl as if she were an object all this time.

It's just that, whereas the prototypical bar-hopping bastard would exploit women without investing any emotions into the ordeal, I was investing plenty of emotions and willing to give all of myself for her sake...but I was still treating her as if she were a prize to be won. I think it was at that moment that I finally understood Jasmine's line to "Prince Ali", back when she was pissed off at him for doggedly pursuing her at the expense of really getting to know her. (Horray for obscure Disney references!)

This is how Larry views women. It's misogynistic. It's just a different kind of misogynist. Larry views women as the ultimate prize to be won. He doesn't truly care about them. He cares only insofar as they're each exceptionally beautiful and talented trophies. He may only want one trophy and he may idolize her and adore her and treasure her forever, whereas other misogynists would throw her away. But at the end of the day, to Larry, women still aren't people. He interacts differently around men than around just about every woman. The minute Phoenix shows Larry a picture of a girl he can barely contain his sex drive. To Larry, women are prizes. Desirable prizes, unattainable and idealized prizes, but prizes nonetheless.

Larry's unhealthy manner of viewing relationships condemns himself in every relationship he's in. Women do exploit him, but only because he's eager to enable their exploitation.
Larry does worship women, and he worships women in a way that actually degrades them and devalues them. To Larry, one hot supermodel really isn't any different than the next. His misogynism is proved precisely because he's so shocked to learn that a woman has cheated on him. He's so blissfully wrapped up in his own fantasy universe that he's incapable of realizing his objectification and his idealization of a real human being.

In comparing his lovers to angels and all manner of celestial beings, Larry failed to recognize they were humans with real human desires, real human needs, and the human capacity to choose whether or not they loved him back. Depriving women this "choice" and seeking relationships for all the wrong reasons is precisely why I perceive Larry the way I do.

Ah, well. It's just my opinion, after all. To each their own ship indeed. :will:

(And now that this thread has been thoroughly derailed, it's time for me to get some rest!)

I feel violated... and crispy...

No, I completely agree!

But in the same way, Franziska treats people are being somehow sub-human for not being perfect.

And that's the beauty of the ship! Franziska is no perfect giggling model, and Larry's usual games won't work on her. Meanwhile, Franziska is baffled how such a foolish an imperfect fool is so much happier than her, a von Karma prodigy!

They'd both grow from their interactions. Having to deal with Franziskas flaws (and she has PLENTY of issues) would help Larry realize she's a real person, not just an object to be won. And Franziska, well, if a fool like Larry can be happy as he is, then she doesn't need to kill herself trying to be perfect all the time. Perfection does not equate happiness, and she doesn't have to be afraid to fail. Larry fails all the time and he's FINE. Larry probably will have a lot of patience with her and her tendency to get frustrated and act childishly too.

And extra props for the Disney reference. <3

(we are so hijacking this thread XD.)
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Good grief you 2 :adrian:
The most annoying for me was Amano, and his absolutely annoying now... now... now... routine :chinami: . So was Calisto's laughing fits (though it was funny also).

I feel violated... and crispy...

Johnny Rotan wrote:
Good grief you 2 :adrian:
The most annoying for me was Amano, and his absolutely annoying now... now... now... routine :chinami: . So was Calisto's laughing fits (though it was funny also).

Sorry Johnny. XD You know how I ramble.

Yeah, Amano annoyed me too. It kinda bugged me that he was Miles' "sponsor". It kind of took away from the whole "Miles owes so much to von Karma and yet von Karma took everything to him" conflict. If someone else paid for everything for Miles and put him through school, then there's a lot less reason to feel conflicted over von Karma. =/

I didn't like his son either. >_>
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Perseverance wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:
I'm so sorry. But I don't even know, what's your problem is? (I don't mean that bad! I only want know it..)

There are really less than a handful of words in the English language that are generally considered worse then cursing and "inherently offensive" due their derogatory meaning against minority groups who have been victims of bigotry and discrimination. "The f word" is one of them.

...And given that you're not a native English speaker, I really wouldn't have made a deal out of this except for the fact that you did use "the f word" to describe and insult "stereotypically homosexual behavior." Implying an effeminate stereotype of gays is somewhat offensive in and of itself, and probably should be avoided, but describing it with the "f word" just makes it a lot worse.

Just be aware of the fact that it's a hurtful word that shouldn't be used to describe anything, just as you shouldn't use the "n word" to describe anything.

To say it in German: Ich bin schockiert. Why do you think such a thing? About.. me?
I don't even know, that 'the f word' exists in English! Whoaargh!

-> I'm so shocked about your words. I'll understand it, but I can't believe, that you are... hurting me.

And.. anyway..
Spoiler:
Ich wollte nie jemanden verletzen, nur weil ich DIESES Wort verwendet habe. So bin ich eben, was soll ich denn machen? Ich will ja nicht verletzend oder so was sein, aber mir tut es weh, dass man mich so behandelt. Ehrlich, ich hab zwar etwas falsch gemacht, aber hab ich das verdient? Anscheinend schon.

.. Good bye.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Mary Faraday wrote:
To say it in German: Ich bin schockiert. Why do you think such a thing? About.. me?

-> I'm so shocked about your words. I'll understand it, but I can't believe, that you are... hurting me.

...Uhh.
...Umm.
You did read what I wrote, right?
Because I don't think your response there naturally follows what I actually wrote.

Perseverance wrote:
All jokes aside, Mary's been awesome here -- very friendly, very hospitable, and one of the first to welcome me into the forums...not the type of person who'd intend anything offensive. I think it was necessary to address the "f word" issue because I can't stand it whenever it's used (and it's a very sensitive topic right now, with all the horrible suicides that have been occurring due to bigotry,) but I think Mary's gotten the message and I'm willing to drop it now.

Summing things up:
You're awesome.
You still used the "f word" in the exact same manner that it is derogatorily used in the English language.
I don't tolerate anyone using the "f word," it's one of the most inherently offensive words in the English language and using it is absolutely unnecessary and hurtful to any GLBT members and allies here.

...But it doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Perseverance wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:

...Uhh.
...Umm.
You did read what I wrote, right?
Because I don't think your response there naturally follows what I actually wrote.

Perseverance wrote:
All jokes aside, Mary's been awesome here -- very friendly, very hospitable, and one of the first to welcome me into the forums...not the type of person who'd intend anything offensive. I think it was necessary to address the "f word" issue because I can't stand it whenever it's used (and it's a very sensitive topic right now, with all the horrible suicides that have been occurring due to bigotry,) but I think Mary's gotten the message and I'm willing to drop it now.

Summing things up:
You're awesome.
You still used the "f word" in the exact same manner that it is derogatorily used in the English language.
I don't tolerate anyone using the "f word," it's one of the most inherently offensive words in the English language and using it is absolutely unnecessary and hurtful to any GLBT members and allies here.

...But it doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes.

Sure. I read this. And I understand it very good, but hey, I was so mistaken. You only want the best for me or for other people.
Heh, thanks. But I'm a bad person, aren't I? I mean, I still learn English since 4 years and I don't even want hurt you or other people in this forum or something.
I don't even know, that this word is hurtful.. and I'm very sorry, but that's the real me. I am friendly, polite and helpful - and also bad. I know, that is dumb, but it's true.
Sure, I know this. My second mistake in this forum.. :sadshoe:
Anyway, I'm really sorry.

The Twisted Samurai

Can you take that to pms PLEASE!

OT: After replaying AAI: It pissed me off to see Meekins again, to me, AAI seemed at times like a collection of annoying characters. There were hardly any characters who did NOT annoy me.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

...anyway. o_o

Portsman was a jerk, but I thought his animations were funny, and when my sister played the game with me she did a really funny voice for him, so I wasn't really annoyed. XD Zinc Lablanc was just tedious. The unskippable sprites really ticked me off, because I hate unskippable animations quite a lot. Lauren Paups got me eye-twitchingly irritated with her maidenly blushy-blush tendencies. Though I liked her ring pop.

Oldbag, Larry, and Lotta are the three characters from this series I've nicknamed "Oh Jeez Not You Again", and to see them all show up in this game was head-hit-wall frustrating. (Okay, yeah, Lotta was only there in cameo form, which was a blessing, because if I had to interrogate her again I was going to kill something.)

Spoiler: Case 5
I'll admit, though, I was more disappointed in Shih-na turning out to be Calisto than anything else in the game. -_- I LIKED Shih-na, she was quiet and badass and pretty, and I swear the second the topic of her being in the other room showed up in case 5, I sat and compared their sprites for like ten minutes just to convince myself that wasn't the case. Wishful thinking, of course. (_ _) When she started laughing I was just like NO, SECRETARY GAGA, YOU WERE SO COOL. :larry:

Oh, and the last boss? By the third objection, I was literally shouting at my DS: "okay, that's what, three times now? We've gotta crack him eventually. OH GOD SOMEONE ELSE SHOUTED HOLD IT WHO WAS IT THIS TIME--oh it was the forensics guy, that's actually kind of funny...WTF FOURTH OBJECTION, THEY'RE JUST DRAGGING US ALONG, NOW."

Jacques Portsman - Never liked him, and never will. His flipping of his suit's animation was freaking annoying.

Zinc Lablanc - Pretty much the same reason as everyone else.

The Amanos - The father's 'Now, now, now...' and the son's messed-up face.

Calisto Yew - I disliked everything about her. I loved Shih-na, though.

Quercus Alba - Dude, I almost wanted to give up on turnabout ablaze because of him. His breakdown animation wasn't that great, anyway. IMO, he's the worst villian. Ever.

Amano was probably the single most irritating character because even when I wasn't speedplaying I got impatient of his super-slow animations :\ I've heard people complain about Klavier's air guitar but at least that was cool to look at!

Personality wise I really disliked Cammy Meele. She irritated me and she came across as the type of woman I don't like - the kind that use their sex appeal to get what they want, pile on top of that her generally annoying demeanour and... yeah :\

Also:
Spoiler: GK5
Alba before his I AM SUPER SAIYAN TREE transformation, mildly irritated me because of how he was constantly beating up on himself. That one's probably a personal beef though.

Shiera, you might wanna put some of what you said in spoiler tags :]

The Prodigy

:wendy: and :mike-salute: just don't like them at all

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Kimi8844 wrote:

Mike is AWESOME! Why don't you like him? D:

I like Meekins too. He gave me so many laughs.

Call me Ishmael.

Old: Meekins, Oldbag, Larry.
New: I honestly liked them all, but Lablanc was kind of annoying and so was Portsman.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Only One Truth Prevails(:

:scientific:
i gotta say the most annoying character is :lotta:
And the moste wierdest stupidest one is :hair-flip: <=== hahaha
:sassy: :objection: :knock-knock:

Marche Tobaye wrote:
I honestly liked them all, but Lablanc was kind of annoying and so was Portsman.

I didn't like Portsman either. He rubbed me the wrong way, looked like an asshole, and his presence just irked me.

Call me Ishmael.

On second thought, Portsman gets some credit for being fairly entertaining.

Lance, on the other hand, is just depressing and annoying.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

I usually find Winston Payne annoying, especially when he showed up in the earlier games with weird hairstyles but his small appearance was actually pretty amusing (since it's so obvious it was him!)

I only just started with AAI today, actually. So my opinion will probably change after a few more cases but as of now, the Portsman jacket animation gets on my nerves. It's so slow and so loud!
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image

Beautiful flower

These people annoys me.

Spoiler: All cases
The Amanos (like father, like son...)
Quercus Alba (it's so difficult to arrest him...)
Calisto Yew (she laughed at everything Edgeworth says even when it's not funny)
Zinc Lablanc (his shocked sprite is weird. And it shows up a lot.)
Shih-Na (dunno why)
Shi Long-Lang (sometimes)
Jacques Portsman (arrogant and annoying. I wish I could burn his jacket)

I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

The Trusty Nudal!

So many of these guys in AAI...
Spoiler:
Jaques Portsman: He was just a jerk. Not to mention, he makes up every excuse. Had no respect, thought he was so cool. In actuality all he is a narcissistic hobo who thinks he's great.
Zinc LaBlanc: Does this even need to be expained? He was just so annoying, with his lousy attitude, with his random interjections in the middle of your speech. He just bugged me ]so much.
The Amanos: Ugh, his dad is this big fattie with the most annoying and ugly ears any human could ever lay eyes on. Lance was just a pampered little brat.
Calisto: Ugh. Her random laughing like a retard? Really?

Edgeworth: Did you by any chance witness the murder?
Calist: Har-har-har-har.

And her objection sucks.

Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Well, I finished AAI just a few weeks ago. I.. I think almost all the new characters in that game was annoying. But as far as who the most annoying was was concerned, the Amanos take the cake, gameplay-wise and character-wise. Next would be Lablanc. Just looking at him irks me.
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image

The dwarf geeky panda!

As for me:
Spoiler:
The Amanos: I don't like their slow sprite and as for the son. Id on't know. I just don't like him (maybe he lacks charisma).

Quercus Alba: He is so long to break. Plus, I expected more for his breakdown.

Jacques Portsman: I only hate his jacket during his rebuttal. Seriously, why they put sound?

Surprisingly:

Spoiler:
Zinc Lablanc: I liked his surprised sprite. I kind of wanted to see a sprite like this. Because it is so classic!

Calisto Yew: Maybe I like her because I too sometimes laught for really nothing.

I also really liked Payne cameo with Edgeworth sayaing "who's that guy already?"
Please don't hit me...

"Every puzzle has an answer!"

This one is not from GK...
I found Jean Armstrong very disturbing :ack:

Quercus Alba...
Spoiler:
I hate liars who have no shame

Wendy Oldbag... I found her presence in the game very redundant... and twice :ack:

Also Calisto, her Objection! is so... lacking of emotion... and her random laugh burts :zenitora:

"We are all but travelers on a road of infinite points." - Godot -

My YouTube channel, click here!

Love. Lost. Elegy.

- Jacques Portsman
Spoiler:
OOF, I have him in my signature! But I don't like him, because he's unfriendly.. Such a dumb bada**. Sorry, but it's true and I don't want a discussion or quarreling about Portsman.

- This Alba-guy..
- The Amanos
Spoiler:
Lance is so.. Ugh. Sorry. Well done. >.>

- Calisto Yew
Spoiler:
I flipping out of her laughter...

- Zinc Lablanc
- Lauren Paups
Spoiler:
I dunno, why, but she's so... frustating!

The only characters I like are Miles, Kay, Fran, Shi-Long & Shih-na.
Jesse Pinkman: What if we can rip off that train, and no one ever knows it got robbed?

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

I actually like Calisto Yew...
And her Objection doesn't bother me.
Different tastes, I suppose.

But I DID hate Lance. I was so glad when he turned out to be the killer. Same with Portsman.
In fact, one thing I liked about AA is that I usually hated the killers, which made it all the more fun to beat them.
Unfortunately, Oldbag never killed anyone...

Beautiful flower

Shadowsleuth wrote:
I actually like Calisto Yew...
And her Objection doesn't bother me.
Different tastes, I suppose.
She was funny at first, but become annoying later. She won't stop laughing at every single thing
Edgeworth did!

Quote:
But I DID hate Lance. I was so glad when he turned out to be the killer. Same with Portsman.
In fact, one thing I liked about AA is that I usually hated the killers, which made it all the more fun to beat them.
Unfortunately, Oldbag never killed anyone...

I hate Lance too. He used poor Lauren for his selfish goals
Spoiler:
and he killed Lauren's father. That's evil.
Another thing that bug me is he was trying to act all 'cool', and it's just... so annoying! :chinami:

Surprisingly, I didn't mind most characters! I seem to be thinking the opposite to most people here. I loved Calisto, she cracked me up haha, and Oldbag has always been a series favourite of mine.

The one, and possibly only character that really annoyed me, is Kay. I don't know why, she just did. I always try so hard to like the side kick girls, but normally find it hard. Having said that, I didn't like Maya at first, but now she's one of my favourite characters. So if I give Kay time, she may grow on me. I don't think it's so much Kay herself, it's the general idea of Edgeworth having a little girl sidekick...just doesn't fit.

Love, learn, live.

Mary Faraday wrote:
Kimi8844 wrote:

Mike is AWESOME! Why don't you like him? D:

Ditto, though it would be nice to know why you do dislike him. Though I would be lying if I said that I'm surprised, since a lot of people don't like him... :P Honestly Lance kind of hit me wrong. Cause of how he looks, his pompous fat self. Blah. Though I don't hate him. The only AA character I have ever disliked, was Klavier.

Personally, I hate him because he is so irritating. He bugs me so much; Gumshoe's incompetence is likeable, but Meekins is just...
I really don't like him. And when he showed up in that costume, I was ready to kill him.

No offense to Meekins fans, but I really don't like him. At all.

Love, learn, live.

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Personally, I hate him because he is so irritating. He bugs me so much; Gumshoe's incompetence is likeable, but Meekins is just...
I really don't like him. And when he showed up in that costume, I was ready to kill him.

No offense to Meekins fans, but I really don't like him. At all.

None taken, some people just have no patience for Mike. I'm just one of the few that do.

Well, I DO have a rather short fuse. And I DO know some Meekins-like people in real life, so that's probably where the hatred stems from.

Love, learn, live.

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Well, I DO have a rather short fuse. And I DO know some Meekins-like people in real life, so that's probably where the hatred stems from.

Haha, understandable. Don't worry, I won't hate you for disliking my favorite character. Everyone has different tastes. :P

I understand as well, which is why I'm not too upset by the amount of Calisto hate. (She's one of my favorites)

Beep.

Wendy Oldbag and Zinc Lablanc II

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I wanted to murder Zinc LeBlanc. His animations were so pointlessly loong... :grey:
And is it bad i kinda enjoyed Wendy? I find her oddities funny
Yew...was one of my favourite characters. Seriously. I loved her laughing at Edgeworths 'srs' moments.

But the all time the most annoying character, without a doubt, is Lance Amano...UGGGHHH.

Oh yeah I forgot about Meekins. He does annoy me, but I'm always happy to see old characters (unlike most people), so I was ok with him in AAI.

Lablanc was annoying beyond all reason, as was oldbag

Beautiful flower

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
----
The only AA character I have ever disliked, was Klavier.

But whyyy? D: *Shot*

Anyway, another character that I dislike, like the others said, is Zinc LaBlanc. He's just so annoying. And I hate his damage animations.

I wish I WERE the best.

Lablanc actually didn't annoy me one bit, since his attitude was designed to mislead you about the killer. It was pretty obvious by the time Cammy Meele came into the picture.

And Ernest Amano's "now, now" were annoying as hell. Not to mention he was a corrupt character.

And what is up with Portsman's jacket? Why does he keep taking it off????
Page 5 of 8 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby