Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Conflict of Interest

Spoiler: boxart and logo

Thanks to Darth Wiader, SuperAj3, and OmegaVitaminC for helping edit these images.

PREMISE:

This game takes place a year and a half after the events of Apollo Justice (consider it an alternate universe from AA:DD). Phoenix has retaken the bar exam and gotten his attorney's badge back. He finds himself involved with a series of cases, all apparently connected to each other and all somehow tying back to his new prosecutor rival, Obadiah Williamson. Can Nick unmask this conspiracy of lies, forgery, and betrayal? Or will he too become corrupted by it?

This game contains spoilers for Apollo Justice, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations, as well as a few music tracks from GK2.

TURNABOUT INTO THE UNKNOWN IS GO!!!

Yessir, the final case of Conflict of Interest is officially complete. This package includes all five cases of COI, coming to around 30 hours of gameplay. Here are the download links for both Windows and Mac. As before, you should play the game with the version of Pywright that has been packaged with it, and please remember that COI is intended to be played in dual screen mode. Most other Pywright games should be able to work with this version, but Turnabout Substitution might need some tweaking.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sgvoeddiebbsmlj/PyWright_0.989_Windows.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wbvzb9ww4c0xwob/Pywright_.989_Mac.zip

This third link is a patch for Turnabout into the Unknown. To install it, simply unzip the file, then replace the "Turnabout into the Unknown" in the Conflict of Interest main folder with this new one. The update has fixes for some bugs and typos, as well as a failure ending during the confrontation against the final villain.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9pksmkhqixct6i/Turnabout_into_the_Unknown.zip

(Most recent version uploaded July 30, 2016)
Note: Pywright does not work on OSX El Capitan

It's recommended that you use dual screen mode to play the game. Single screen mode will make it harder to see certain pieces of evidence or other elements of the game.

Special thanks to Darth Wiader, DWAM, Cardiovore, Blizdi, Hesseldahl, and OmegaVitaminC for helping beta-test.

Thanks again for playing. Please post your thoughts on the game. This is the end of COI, but I'm not quite done with the fangame community yet, so keep your eyes peeled in this forum.

KNOWN BUGS:

GENERAL
-Saving and reloading during a list or menu will cause the game to crash. This is an issue with the Pywright engine and there's nothing I can do to fix it. Save during dialogue, preferably, not when you're in a menu or list.
-Do not exit Pywright while it is in the middle of saving. Doing this might corrupt your save file and you won't be able to reload the case.
-I've received reports that Pywright does not work with OSX "El Capitan"... As in it just crashes straight off the bat and you don't even get a chance to do anything. Apologies to anybody with El Capitan, but that's not an issue I would be capable of fixing. Older versions of Mac will still work fine.
-Pywright's Android version has a variety of bugs. Use Windows if possible, or else a pre-El Capitan version of Mac.

TRT and T-CON
-In the fingerprinting scenes, the prints only appear on the top screen, and not the bottom. I tried to find a way around this, but couldn't find anything that wouldn't result in the game being unplayable. Just keep an eye on both screens to know what you have already found.

PROGRESS:

Conflict of Interest is complete. It is a full length game with five lengthy cases.

THE CAST:

Spoiler: Cast of A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words
Victor Timmons
An unfortunately-named man who predictably lived up to the pun in his name.

Kylie Washington
A famous pop singer. The sole witness to the crime. And by Winston Payne trial conventions, this means that she totally killed him.

Spoiler: Cast of The Rogue Turnabout
Sir Gallante
A knight-themed serial killer and self-proclaimed super hero who has been killing off members of the criminal underworld for the past three years. Most information is supposed to be classified, but somebody leaked a lot of it to the public.

Wayne Parker
A security guard who worked for the victim. He has been accused of being the serial killer known as Sir Gallante.

Michael Rivales
If you’ve played Apollo Justice, then you’ll probably recognize the last name. He is Sir Gallante’s latest victim.

Mark Watters
The blabbermouth lead detective on the Sir Gallante investigation. He doesn’t take his job entirely seriously, and is probably more trusting than a homicide detective should be.

Virgil Black
A friend of Wayne Parker. He is unemployed because “Working’s a scam, dude.” He relies on Parker’s financial assistance to keep him from starving in the streets.

Sarah Keyes
The victim’s secretary/security chief. She seems to have an unhealthy obsession with violence. Saw Parker enter the victim’s penthouse the night of the crime.

Obadiah Williamson
A veteran prosecutor who has been investigating the Sir Gallante killings for the past three years.

Spoiler: Cast of Turnabout on the Web
Edman Books
The defendant. Considers himself to be the number one fan of Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney. A bit naive and doesn't quite understand the severity of being accused of murder.

Walter Wade Webb
The victim. A shady figure who never made an attempt to get to know any of his neighbors. He was shot in his home late at night.

Morton Dreisan
An amoral coroner working for the police department. He seems to have little to no respect for the dead.

Nathen Togamera
A pompous FBI agent investigating the criminal activities of the victim. Has a tendency to be overly dramatic and exaggerate things.

Woman
An eyewitness to the crime. Saw Books shoot the victim.

Anton Simms
A forty-year old man who is still living in his mother's basement.

Spoiler: Cast of Turnabout Consequences
Gladys Porter
A rude and bitter reporter from Oh! Cult! Magazine.

Raphael Donatello
A caretaker working at a home in Kurain Village.

Jimmy
An acquaintance of Obadiah Williamson's. Seems to be taking a great interest in Nick's recent cases.

Meredith Fey
Maya's grandmother. The former Master of Kurain, who willingly gave up her role after she sensed her powers were fading from age.

Spoiler: Cast of Turnabout into the Unknown
No cast list will be given.

SPECIAL THANKS:

OmegaVitaminC: Proofreading, general feedback, sticking with me on the game from the very beginning
Cardiovore: Inspiring me to make the game with Contempt of Court
Saluk: Making Pywright
Tap: The massive anime backgrounds folder that he pointed me to
E.D.Revolution: Updating Pywright to a point where the fifth case was possible

Conflict of Interest also has a few pages on TVTropes. Go ahead and add to it. Thanks to whoever set that up.

Also thanks to Darth Wiader and Fuandon for their Let's Plays on Youtube.

Last edited by Ropfa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 208 times in total.
Re: Phoenix Wright: Conflict of InterestTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

All right, let's see...

First off, 175 pages :cody-shock2: Well, it's good to see that you're prepared...

Seems like it definitely has potential. I mean, that's a pretty big character list for just the first case! (Custom) Graphics can really kill a fangame, so don't be afraid to use pre-existing sprites if you really have to.

Two little things that I have to point out... In case 3, who else would Phoenix defend besides the suspect? And in case 4, does that mean it's going to be an old murder? :o (Or at least, a murder that happened a while ago)

...Oh, and feel free to use my name in case 2, if you want :keiko:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Dracarys!

Thank you for volunteering your username, Bad Player! That brings this one step closer to completion.

To answer your questions...

It's true that he always defends the suspects, however, the catch with this case is that he witnessed the crime firsthand (making him a witness). Does that make more sense?

As for the fourth case... I'd like to play that one a bit close to the chest, at least until the time's right. I already had to be very vague with the description to avoid spoilers.

1000% Knight

Just asking about the fourth case because, you know, decomposition takes time :P
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Apollon Flame

This looks promising (and it already has an awesome looking logo). Best of luck with this project!
A King

in name

alone...

Dracarys!

I've completed the rough draft for the first day, and the proof reading process has started.

Dracarys!

I know I haven't given an update in a while, but this project is most definitely still being worked on.

For those who are interested, here is the soundtrack for The Rogue Turnabout.

Spoiler:
"Swept-Away Turnabout" - Tragedy in the Horror House
Gyakuten Sisters' theme
I can do it when it counts, pal!
Investigation - Opening 2009
Investigation - Middlegame 2009
Investigation - Core 2009
Doubted People
Eccentric 2007
Psyche Lock 2007
Reminiscence - KG-8 case
Reminiscence - The Bitter Taste of Truth
Jingle - Slight Break
Courtroom Lounge - Beginning of the Prelude
Court - Guardians of the Law
Confrontation - Moderato 2009
Tricks and Gimmicks
Objection 2009
Confrontation - Allegro 2009
Confess the Truth 2009
Suspense
Confrontation - Presto 2009
Pursuit - Lying Coldly
Splendid Deduction
"Metropolis Zone" from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Detective Watters' theme)
"Arle Stage" from Puyo Pop Fever (Sarah Keyes' theme)
"Shibuya" from TWEWY (Prosecutor Williamson's theme)
"Pinch!" from Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (Sir Gallante's theme)

Phew! I'm glad this project isn't dead. Because, uh....

Ropfa wrote:
175 pages written

Ropfa wrote:
175 pages

Ropfa wrote:

This is gonna be good.... :godot:
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Dracarys!

Update:

The script for The Rogue Turnabout is nearly finished. I have 3 more cross-examinations in the final day to complete, and then I'll be ready to start the spriting process. This case is currently at 187 pages, and I'm expecting the final product to be close to 200.

Dracarys!

Meet Wayne Parker, the defendant.

Last edited by Ropfa on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Final day, you say? So there's going to be more than one day?
Either way, it's great news! :phoenix:

EDIT: ^Waaaaah! What's that all about?! ^
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Dracarys!

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Final day, you say? So there's going to be more than one day?
Either way, it's great news! :phoenix:

EDIT: ^Waaaaah! What's that all about?! ^

I accidentally quoted myself and reposted the entire first post. It's been changed.

Yes, there will be more than one day. I chose to take out the introductory case with Payne and just jump into the big ones.

I see. In any case, great sprite! :phoenix:

Livin' joke.

The sprite needs some work on the neckline. And, the rest of the body looks too much like Romein LeTouse's. Try adding some details, like closing the lapels, or changing the suit's color, etc.

Very good, nonetheless. I'm very amused by how you made his head. Gotta love that shading.
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

Thanks for the banner, Polly!

Dracarys!

I just finished the script of the first case.

The final count for The Rogue Turnabout is 203 pages.

Dracarys!

Update:

I've been spending a lot of time working on the art lately. The character sprites and evidence aren't too bad for me. What's really going to take a lot of time will be screenshots during the intro or flashbacks.

Dracarys!

Okay, I'm currently shooting for a release of The Rogue Turnabout sometime in January/early February. The case is going to be split up into 2-3 sections. I'm having to do the majority of the stuff on my own, so it's taking a while, but things are still progressing.

Dracarys!

Programming has begun on The Rogue Turnabout.

The release date for the first section of the case is quickly approaching.

Here are a few screenshots that I took.
Spoiler:

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First section complete!)Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

Here is the first day of The Rogue Turnabout.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4k13c194e44acmu

I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by Ropfa on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The protagonists of my fangame!

You left your savegame and some OSX files in the archive.

Dracarys!

Reuploaded it. I think I fixed it.

Just played through the whole thing. Pretty good so far! I was really impressed by the puzzle part, that can't have been easy to program. One part bothered me during the trial:

Spoiler: sarah
Several times during her second testimony, she talks about how she has her phone. Then later we find out that she "lost it during the blackout". This made me think she missed the real killer strolling in because she was too busy searching for her phone and not at her post, or try to think of ways to contradict all of her statements where she says she still had her phone. The statement where she says it was 6:15 and she is sure because she "still had my cell phone". If she lost it during the blackout she wouldn't have had it at 6:15. I'm not sure if you are going to address this later but I think it's a red herring that should be cleared up.

Also, some of the sprite edits are a little sloppy, especially the prosecutor, but the writing of the characters makes up for it.

Great job!
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

The Trusty Nudal!

I'll play this soon :3
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Dracarys!

saluk wrote:
Just played through the whole thing. Pretty good so far! I was really impressed by the puzzle part, that can't have been easy to program. One part bothered me during the trial:

Several times during her second testimony, she talks about how she has her phone. Then later we find out that she "lost it during the blackout". This made me think she missed the real killer strolling in because she was too busy searching for her phone and not at her post, or try to think of ways to contradict all of her statements where she says she still had her phone. The statement where she says it was 6:15 and she is sure because she "still had my cell phone". If she lost it during the blackout she wouldn't have had it at 6:15. I'm not sure if you are going to address this later but I think it's a red herring that should be cleared up.

Also, some of the sprite edits are a little sloppy, especially the prosecutor, but the writing of the characters makes up for it.

Great job!

I actually can't take credit for the puzzle. That particular section was done by my former college roommate, who majored in computer science and is more or less a genius in that area. I'll let him know that you liked it though.

Yes, this will be addressed later.

saluk wrote:
Just played through the whole thing. Pretty good so far! I was really impressed by the puzzle part, that can't have been easy to program.

I have to agree. It's an awesome piece of work. Absolutely wonderful. Coders and writers like you are what make the AA fan-community as awesome as it is. Everyone should play it.

Spoiler:
Music:
I can agree with most of your music choices for OCs, except “Shibuya” from TWEWY.
Obadiah is a serious and strict senior man and those scratches at the beginning of track sound too modern and youthful. It simply doesn’t match his personality (IMHO).

Sprites:

They are not bad. They are not brilliant either, but "watchable".
The only really awkward edit I noticed, is that security footage which is based on a picture of Rell killing Deid Mann. You removed the gun, and at first glance it looks like Parker is scratching his crotch.

I don't have problems with seeing Maya unchanged after all those years, but as the Master of Kurain she shouldn’t wear an acolyte robe. It’s quite surprising how many case-writers miss this little detail.

Backgrounds are decent, especially that one with Gallante’s escape. It reminds me a scene from mystery anime (and
I'm pretty sure that hawk is a key to that trick).

Plot and theories:

I feel like the sense of mystery is strong in your case.
Nobody is beyond suspicion. For the time being, my prime suspect is Mark "Who wants to talk about murders" Watters.
As they say, the darkest place is under the candlestick and being a lead detective in Sir Gallante investigation gives him an opportunity to lead entire department by the nose. Why they were sure that it was one of Sir Gallante’s Killings if they never found the mark?
The only thing that doesn't match is that Watters said that Parker totally did it.

I think that Sarah isn’t 100% innocent. No, I don’t think she’s the actual killer, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she used Parker’s knife to fabricate a piece of evidence and pin him to this crime.

Another theory: Sir Gallante is not so righteous and noble at all. He was being used by Rivales to eliminate all the “competition”, but at the end, our knight turned on his boss.

Dracarys!

Okay, I'm hoping to get the full case out sometime this weekend. If not, then it will definitely be out by next week. I just need to finish up the breakdown animation, and then do one last playthrough to make sure that everything's looking okay.

Dracarys!

Here is the link for the full first case.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?scj8hg1djtml81v

Enjoy!

If you've already played through the first day, look for the intro.txt file in /games/Conflict of Interest/The Rogue Turnabout/

Then replace everything in that file with this:

Spoiler: intro file
set _textbox_wrap false
set _textbox_lines 3
include evidence

addev attorneybadge
addev magatama
addev gun
addev knife2
addev blackmail
addev autopsy
addev blackout
addev security2
addev poster
addev codyphoto
addev luminol
addev blueprints
addev crimephoto2
addev maya$
addev gumshoe$
addev parker$
addev black$
addev sarah$
addev watters$
addev cody$
addev rivalesupdate$
addev gallante$
addev obadiah$

set char_gallante_defsound bliplow.ogg
set char_sarah_defsound blipfemale.ogg

script scene28

That will take you directly to the beginning of the second investigation sequence.

Also, there is a little easter egg scene hidden in here, for those who like to spend a little time exploring during the investigations.

Last edited by Ropfa on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title

I've got a bit of a problem...

Spoiler:
The third day's investigation (I love that there's a third day by the way! I really wasn't expecting Watters to be innocent. But that's another story.) seems to have screwed up. At the Wright Anything Agency, the dialogue with Maya was okay, and when I went to the Detention Center I got the dialogue where Watters tries to walk away, but after that everything is like it was on Day 2. Parker is the one I'm talking to at the Detention Center, Watters is in the penthouse which has its night background, Cody runs up to me and initiates the fingerprint thing if I move to the tower from the warehouse, etc.

Dracarys!

I think I found the problem and I fixed it. I'd copy/pasted the examine file from another section and forgot to change the scene numbers. I'm uploading the new version right now. If you want to jump back to the spot that you were just at, find the intro file in the Rogue Turnabout folder, and replace everything in it with this:

Spoiler:
set _textbox_wrap false
set _textbox_lines 3
include evidence

addev attorneybadge
addev magatama
addev gun2
addev knife2
addev blackmail2
addev autopsy
addev blackout
addev security2
addev poster
addev codyphoto
addev luminol
addev blueprints
addev crimephoto2
addev hitlist
addev gallantefiles
addev rick
addev sword
addev strange
addev maya$
addev gumshoe$
addev parker$
addev black$
addev sarah$
addev watters$
addev cody$
addev rivalesupdate$
addev gallante$
addev obadiah$
addev pearl$

set char_gallante_defsound bliplow.ogg
set char_sarah_defsound blipfemale.ogg

script scene60

Here is the new download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y48mmndqt98tob9

Last edited by Ropfa on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yep, that worked! I finished up the case and I gotta say, it was pretty darn great. Up there with Turnabout Scapegoat as one of my favorite fancases.

Spoiler:
For a second there, I was a bit worried that Gallante was going to be another Quercus Alba with the whole "Doesn't matter, no evidence" thing. I really liked how Phoenix got him to confess.

DotA 2 Pro

Great game so far from what I've played, definitely looking to be one of my favorites, but I'm a bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate a hint if anyone could offer one.

Spoiler:
I'm up to Sarah's testimony where she checks up on Rivales, finds out he's dead etc. and "lost her cellphone". The cellphone seems to be a contradiction (?) but pressing/presenting it doesn't seem to get me anywhere, and I've been stuck on this for over an hour and I don't particularly want to use a brute force method to get through, any hints?

Dracarys!

IceDagger wrote:
Great game so far from what I've played, definitely looking to desu one of my favorites, but I'm a bit stuck at the moment and desu appreciate a hint if anyone desu offer one.

Spoiler:
I'm up to Sarah's testimony where she checks up on Rivales, finds out he's dead etc. and "lost her cellphone". The cellphone seems to desu a contradiction (?) but pressing/presenting it doesn't seem to get me anywhere, and I've desu stuck on this for over an hour and I don't particularly want to use a brute force method to get through, any hints?

Spoiler: Hint
There are actually two contradictions in that testimony. It looks like you've already found one of them. Try pressing other statements, if you haven't already.

Also, LMAO at everything being replaced with "desu" today.

DotA 2 Pro

Ha I finally got it, and then I proceeded to finish the case which was amazing, thanks for such a great game.

Spoiler:
I forgot we could read the autopsy report O_o

Dracarys!

Okay, just a quick update.

I haven't really had much time to do anything on the second case these past few weeks. I was just accepted into a job in South Korea, and I've been really busy trying to get all of my documents together. However, my goal is to get Turnabout on the Web out before I leave in August/September. I have all the details of the plot thought out and I really just need to get it all written down.

I updated the first post to include the cast of the case.

I'm workin' on it.

Hey! Just wanted to squeak in and say that I'm really enjoying your fangame so far. The sprites aren't that great - they're a lot better than my first sprites, but that's a hard line to go behind. :bellboy:

However, the story is very interesting, although some moments seem to be a bit out-of-place.

Spoiler: Example
The whole Watters thing, really. The reactions in court seem a little lackluster, and... honestly, I can't remember if he was just like it in the canon games, but Phoenix seems like a real wuss in this. It's Watters' own fault that he acted to suspicious, and everyone's acting like it's Phoenix's.

I must also compliment the length. I looked in the case folder, and I was very surprised to see text files going as far as scene 90! This is defenitely one of the longer fancases I've played, and defenitely the longest first one! I'm really curious as to how long the following cases will be...

Also, there were some glitches, such as if you don't present a profile when you talk with Black, you can suddenly no longer present ordinary items, only profiles. Although I can see why you'd have missed that.

I'll get back to you if I find anything else. :edgy:
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Dracarys!

You mentioned that there were "glitches", but you only listed one. Do you remember what some of the others were?

I'm workin' on it.

I've been writing this while playing the game, and I finished it just a few hours ago.

Spoiler: The issues
1. OK, I'm not really sure how it happened (I can't go and check since your text files are a mess), but when I examined the picture, Sarah said "daddy" and a talk option was added which resulted in her suddenly talking about her father being killed. I tried re-doing it, and I got the picture as evidence instead. On the second time, I didn't go to the warehouse before examining the photo, which I did the first time, but... meh, it's not really clear to me. Maybe you should just check it out yourself. It's not game-breaking, but you still miss a psyche-lock scene. Also, Sarah's reaction when I tell her about her father ("OK, Rivales killed him.") seems WAY too uncaring considering he was her father.

2. When the bird steals Nick's badge, if you press "examine", he reappears. There's also the seemingly always-present problem of the characters disappearing when in the menu (when it shows talk, present, move and examine) - you have to paste the character onto the background and put that in the menu text file.

3. When you accuse Black of being Gallante, don't you think there should be some music in the background? And just saying that he's Sir Gallante all of a sudden seems pretty farfetched at this point. It seems more like Phoenix is just repeating his mistake with Watters.

4. Black's court sprite gave me a good laugh, but I don't think you should have used Lotta's...

5. How did Black put his armor on in court that quickly without anyone stopping him?

6. Don't you think Gallante's name should be Black until he admits he's the real Gallante?

(Use "set char_Gallante_name Black" when he puts on his armor, and use "set char_Gallante_name Gallante" when he reveals himself.)

7. The button on the lower screen isn't rendered (there are green edges).

8. The black & white effect looks terrible.

9. The photo of Sarah and her dad glitches (her shirt is transparent -black with the background - for a second before turning pink).

10. Uh, that thing about the bird coming when a sword is near... I'm pretty sure Phoenix doesn't have the sword in his possession. It's most likely in the court's possession, and, therefore, the bird would have been there at the start of the trial.

11. I believe this has been said before, but Obadiah's theme music doesn't fit him, what with the record scratching and all.

12. The witness stand must be incredibly fragile to break that easily. I know Cardiovore did it with the prosecution's stand, but there was just a crack. It didn't completely break. It was pretty fun seeing it, though.

13. When you present the poster to Gallante, Phoenix says that "protect the innocent" is the second creed. However, it's the first.

14. The Judge's reaction (and the lack of a reaction from the prosecution) when Black confesses seems very illogical. Would you say "oh, thank you for confessing, but why did you confess?" when something like that happened?

15. The end credits says "Willimason" instead of "Williamson".

16. Don't you think you should make the bottom screen black during the credits? It seems kinda wearn to show a button that you can't press.

17. There were some spelling errors here and there, but that's practically unavoidable, and they're not really a problem. They're not that frequent, anyway.

Just my two cents.

Congratulations on pulling off a "Wayne's World" joke. :)

I must also take back what I said about the sprites not being all that great - I really like Sir Gallante's sprites. The only sprites I really dislike are Watters's, Black's and Cody's. The others are pretty good, too, even though you can see Obadiah is Apollo + Edgeworth.

Really clever of you to put the penalty bar warnings, too. Never seen that before in a fancase.

It also had some really really tricky cross-examinations. I admit I had to cheat by looking into the text files a few times, but that's because I have no patience...

Spoiler: The story
I have to admit, you really had me going. At first, I thought the culprit was Watters, when I first saw Gallante in the penthouse and Watters was nowhere around. Later, I thought it was Sarah, because of her outburst on the roof, and that she was doing it to avenge her father. Then, I thought that Black did it to help Wayne out, and that Sarah was the accomplice. I really like how you did all the plot twists in this case.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. Defenitely one of the best fancases I've played so far. I'd say it's on fourth place, right there behind Contempt Of Court's two cases and Turnabout Substitution.

I'll be looking forward to Turnabout On The Web.
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Last edited by Nyuugen on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm workin' on it.

[Sorry, double post.]
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Dracarys!

Nyuugen wrote:
I've been writing this while playing the game, and I finished it just a few hours ago.

Spoiler: The issues
1. OK, I'm not really sure how it happened (I can't go and check since your text files are a mess), but when I examined the picture, Sarah said "daddy" and a talk option was added which resulted in her suddenly talking about her father being killed. I tried re-doing it, and I got the picture as evidence instead. On the second time, I didn't go to the warehouse before examining the photo, which I did the first time, but... meh, it's not really clear to me. Maybe you should just check it out yourself. It's not game-breaking, but you still miss a psyche-lock scene. Also, Sarah's reaction when I tell her about her father ("OK, Rivales killed him.") seems WAY too uncaring considering he was her father.

2. When the bird steals Nick's badge, if you press "examine", he reappears. There's also the seemingly always-present problem of the characters disappearing when in the menu (when it shows talk, present, move and examine) - you have to paste the character onto the background and put that in the menu text file.

3. When you accuse Black of being Gallante, don't you think there should be some music in the background? And just saying that he's Sir Gallante all of a sudden seems pretty farfetched at this point. It seems more like Phoenix is just repeating his mistake with Watters.

4. Black's court sprite gave me a good laugh, but I don't think you should have used Lotta's...

5. How did Black put his armor on in court that quickly without anyone stopping him?

6. Don't you think Gallante's name should be Black until he admits he's the real Gallante?

(Use "set char_Gallante_name Black" when he puts on his armor, and use "set char_Gallante_name Gallante" when he reveals himself.)

7. The button on the lower screen isn't rendered (there are green edges).

8. The black & white effect looks terrible.

9. The photo of Sarah and her dad glitches (her shirt is transparent -black with the background - for a second before turning pink).

10. Uh, that thing about the bird coming when a sword is near... I'm pretty sure Phoenix doesn't have the sword in his possession. It's most likely in the court's possession, and, therefore, the bird would have been there at the start of the trial.

11. I believe this has been said before, but Obadiah's theme music doesn't fit him, what with the record scratching and all.

12. The witness stand must be incredibly fragile to break that easily. I know Cardiovore did it with the prosecution's stand, but there was just a crack. It didn't completely break. It was pretty fun seeing it, though.

13. When you present the poster to Gallante, Phoenix says that "protect the innocent" is the second creed. However, it's the first.

14. The Judge's reaction (and the lack of a reaction from the prosecution) when Black confesses seems very illogical. Would you say "oh, thank you for confessing, but why did you confess?" when something like that happened?

15. The end credits says "Willimason" instead of "Williamson".

16. Don't you think you should make the bottom screen black during the credits? It seems kinda wearn to show a button that you can't press.

17. There were some spelling errors here and there, but that's practically unavoidable, and they're not really a problem. They're not that frequent, anyway.

Just my two cents.

Spoiler:
1. Do you remember what music was playing when you entered the reception area? Was it Sarah's theme or was it the KG-8 music? Right now, I'm guessing that this has something to do with being redirected to the wrong scene. I haven't found out what the problem is quite yet.

2. I'm not experiencing this problem. Not saying you didn't encounter it, but it isn't happening for me. It's possible that I already corrected it in a previous update. If anybody else is having this happen, I'd like to know.

5. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool
Would you rather have the final showdown be against a stoner hippy or a knight templar?

7. Fixed. The new version will be in the next update.

8. That would be an issue with Pywright, rather than the game itself.

9. I'm guessing that this is due to the picture fading in. It might be another issue with Pywright. The only real solution I can see would be to just have it show up, rather than fading.

11. Yes, I agree. I'm trying to find something else. If you have suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.

12. It's made of balsa wood.

15. Fixed. The new version will be in the next update.

Page 1 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games