The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Come Gumshoe, the game, 'Ace Attorney Investigations', is afoot.
Post Reply
Perseverance
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: America

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Perseverance »

Pleading Eyes wrote:I disagree. =(


There's a little story I'd like to tell you that I think could prove my point.

...Once upon a time, I was a young college student who'd never before fallen in love. I used to actually think I was asexual because I just seemed to lack a real desire for that kind of interaction. I respected the kind of romance I saw in Disney movies and read about in novels, but never experienced in real life.

...And then I met her. My first crush.
She was beautiful. She was incredible. She was intelligent. She was everything I had ever wanted in a woman.
But I was young. I was foolish. And way back when, I was a lot like Larry.

I pursued her diligently. I wrote her poetry, and sent it under the door of her dorm room. I wrote her a song, and sang it to her in the common area while my best friend played the guitar. I bent over backwards, trying desperately and at times pathetically to meet her needs. I was obsessed with this thought that we were fairy tale lovers and she'd fall for me once she truly got to know me.

...She took advantage of the attention and the adoration for a time, and then she finally got sick of it, pulled me aside and said: "Perseverance, you're a great guy and all, but you're acting like a real jerk."

I couldn't believe it! Guys who took advantage of women, or pursued women only for the benefit of one-night stands, or who treated women like objects, those were the jerks. I wasn't like that at all. I was the hopeless romantic, the aspiring poet, the committed lover. I wasn't...
...And then it suddenly dawned upon me that I had, in fact, been treating this girl as if she were an object all this time.

It's just that, whereas the prototypical bar-hopping bastard would exploit women without investing any emotions into the ordeal, I was investing plenty of emotions and willing to give all of myself for her sake...but I was still treating her as if she were a prize to be won. I think it was at that moment that I finally understood Jasmine's line to "Prince Ali", back when she was pissed off at him for doggedly pursuing her at the expense of really getting to know her. (Horray for obscure Disney references!)

This is how Larry views women. It's misogynistic. It's just a different kind of misogynist. Larry views women as the ultimate prize to be won. He doesn't truly care about them. He cares only insofar as they're each exceptionally beautiful and talented trophies. He may only want one trophy and he may idolize her and adore her and treasure her forever, whereas other misogynists would throw her away. But at the end of the day, to Larry, women still aren't people. He interacts differently around men than around just about every woman. The minute Phoenix shows Larry a picture of a girl he can barely contain his sex drive. To Larry, women are prizes. Desirable prizes, unattainable and idealized prizes, but prizes nonetheless.

Larry's unhealthy manner of viewing relationships condemns himself in every relationship he's in. Women do exploit him, but only because he's eager to enable their exploitation.
Larry does worship women, and he worships women in a way that actually degrades them and devalues them. To Larry, one hot supermodel really isn't any different than the next. His misogynism is proved precisely because he's so shocked to learn that a woman has cheated on him. He's so blissfully wrapped up in his own fantasy universe that he's incapable of realizing his objectification and his idealization of a real human being.

In comparing his lovers to angels and all manner of celestial beings, Larry failed to recognize they were humans with real human desires, real human needs, and the human capacity to choose whether or not they loved him back. Depriving women this "choice" and seeking relationships for all the wrong reasons is precisely why I perceive Larry the way I do.

Ah, well. It's just my opinion, after all. To each their own ship indeed. :will:

(And now that this thread has been thoroughly derailed, it's time for me to get some rest!)
Pleading Eyes
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm
Custom Title: I feel violated... and crispy...

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Pleading Eyes »

No, I completely agree!

But in the same way, Franziska treats people are being somehow sub-human for not being perfect.

And that's the beauty of the ship! Franziska is no perfect giggling model, and Larry's usual games won't work on her. Meanwhile, Franziska is baffled how such a foolish an imperfect fool is so much happier than her, a von Karma prodigy!

They'd both grow from their interactions. Having to deal with Franziskas flaws (and she has PLENTY of issues) would help Larry realize she's a real person, not just an object to be won. And Franziska, well, if a fool like Larry can be happy as he is, then she doesn't need to kill herself trying to be perfect all the time. Perfection does not equate happiness, and she doesn't have to be afraid to fail. Larry fails all the time and he's FINE. Larry probably will have a lot of patience with her and her tendency to get frustrated and act childishly too.

And extra props for the Disney reference. <3

(we are so hijacking this thread XD.)
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Johnny Rotan »

Good grief you 2 :adrian:
The most annoying for me was Amano, and his absolutely annoying now... now... now... routine :chinami: . So was Calisto's laughing fits (though it was funny also).
Pleading Eyes
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm
Custom Title: I feel violated... and crispy...

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Pleading Eyes »

Johnny Rotan wrote:Good grief you 2 :adrian:
The most annoying for me was Amano, and his absolutely annoying now... now... now... routine :chinami: . So was Calisto's laughing fits (though it was funny also).


Sorry Johnny. XD You know how I ramble.

Yeah, Amano annoyed me too. It kinda bugged me that he was Miles' "sponsor". It kind of took away from the whole "Miles owes so much to von Karma and yet von Karma took everything to him" conflict. If someone else paid for everything for Miles and put him through school, then there's a lot less reason to feel conflicted over von Karma. =/

I didn't like his son either. >_>
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Mary Faraday
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Custom Title: Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥
Location: Austria

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Mary Faraday »

Perseverance wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:I'm so sorry. But I don't even know, what's your problem is? (I don't mean that bad! I only want know it..)


There are really less than a handful of words in the English language that are generally considered worse then cursing and "inherently offensive" due their derogatory meaning against minority groups who have been victims of bigotry and discrimination. "The f word" is one of them.

...And given that you're not a native English speaker, I really wouldn't have made a deal out of this except for the fact that you did use "the f word" to describe and insult "stereotypically homosexual behavior." Implying an effeminate stereotype of gays is somewhat offensive in and of itself, and probably should be avoided, but describing it with the "f word" just makes it a lot worse.

Just be aware of the fact that it's a hurtful word that shouldn't be used to describe anything, just as you shouldn't use the "n word" to describe anything.


To say it in German: Ich bin schockiert. Why do you think such a thing? About.. me?
I don't even know, that 'the f word' exists in English! Whoaargh!

-> I'm so shocked about your words. I'll understand it, but I can't believe, that you are... hurting me.

And.. anyway..
Spoiler:
Ich wollte nie jemanden verletzen, nur weil ich DIESES Wort verwendet habe. So bin ich eben, was soll ich denn machen? Ich will ja nicht verletzend oder so was sein, aber mir tut es weh, dass man mich so behandelt. Ehrlich, ich hab zwar etwas falsch gemacht, aber hab ich das verdient? Anscheinend schon.


.. Good bye.
The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions
시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에
Trivia 轉 : Seesaw
Perseverance
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: America

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Perseverance »

Mary Faraday wrote:To say it in German: Ich bin schockiert. Why do you think such a thing? About.. me?
I don't even know, that 'the f word' exists in English! Whoaargh!

-> I'm so shocked about your words. I'll understand it, but I can't believe, that you are... hurting me.


...Uhh.
...Umm.
You did read what I wrote, right?
Because I don't think your response there naturally follows what I actually wrote.

Perseverance wrote:All jokes aside, Mary's been awesome here -- very friendly, very hospitable, and one of the first to welcome me into the forums...not the type of person who'd intend anything offensive. I think it was necessary to address the "f word" issue because I can't stand it whenever it's used (and it's a very sensitive topic right now, with all the horrible suicides that have been occurring due to bigotry,) but I think Mary's gotten the message and I'm willing to drop it now.


Summing things up:
You're awesome.
You still used the "f word" in the exact same manner that it is derogatorily used in the English language.
I don't tolerate anyone using the "f word," it's one of the most inherently offensive words in the English language and using it is absolutely unnecessary and hurtful to any GLBT members and allies here.

...But it doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes.
Mary Faraday
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Custom Title: Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥
Location: Austria

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Mary Faraday »

Perseverance wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:To say it in German: Ich bin schockiert. Why do you think such a thing? About.. me?
I don't even know, that 'the f word' exists in English! Whoaargh!

-> I'm so shocked about your words. I'll understand it, but I can't believe, that you are... hurting me.


...Uhh.
...Umm.
You did read what I wrote, right?
Because I don't think your response there naturally follows what I actually wrote.

Perseverance wrote:All jokes aside, Mary's been awesome here -- very friendly, very hospitable, and one of the first to welcome me into the forums...not the type of person who'd intend anything offensive. I think it was necessary to address the "f word" issue because I can't stand it whenever it's used (and it's a very sensitive topic right now, with all the horrible suicides that have been occurring due to bigotry,) but I think Mary's gotten the message and I'm willing to drop it now.


Summing things up:
You're awesome.
You still used the "f word" in the exact same manner that it is derogatorily used in the English language.
I don't tolerate anyone using the "f word," it's one of the most inherently offensive words in the English language and using it is absolutely unnecessary and hurtful to any GLBT members and allies here.

...But it doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes.


Sure. I read this. And I understand it very good, but hey, I was so mistaken. You only want the best for me or for other people.
Heh, thanks. But I'm a bad person, aren't I? I mean, I still learn English since 4 years and I don't even want hurt you or other people in this forum or something.
I don't even know, that this word is hurtful.. and I'm very sorry, but that's the real me. I am friendly, polite and helpful - and also bad. I know, that is dumb, but it's true.
Sure, I know this. My second mistake in this forum.. :sadshoe:
Anyway, I'm really sorry.
Coffee Prosecutor
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Custom Title: The Twisted Samurai
Location: Wherever I may roam.
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Coffee Prosecutor »

Can you take that to pms PLEASE!

OT: After replaying AAI: It pissed me off to see Meekins again, to me, AAI seemed at times like a collection of annoying characters. There were hardly any characters who did NOT annoy me.
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
12gatsu
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:37 am

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by 12gatsu »

...anyway. o_o

Portsman was a jerk, but I thought his animations were funny, and when my sister played the game with me she did a really funny voice for him, so I wasn't really annoyed. XD Zinc Lablanc was just tedious. The unskippable sprites really ticked me off, because I hate unskippable animations quite a lot. Lauren Paups got me eye-twitchingly irritated with her maidenly blushy-blush tendencies. Though I liked her ring pop.

Oldbag, Larry, and Lotta are the three characters from this series I've nicknamed "Oh Jeez Not You Again", and to see them all show up in this game was head-hit-wall frustrating. (Okay, yeah, Lotta was only there in cameo form, which was a blessing, because if I had to interrogate her again I was going to kill something.)

Spoiler: Case 5
I'll admit, though, I was more disappointed in Shih-na turning out to be Calisto than anything else in the game. -_- I LIKED Shih-na, she was quiet and badass and pretty, and I swear the second the topic of her being in the other room showed up in case 5, I sat and compared their sprites for like ten minutes just to convince myself that wasn't the case. Wishful thinking, of course. (_ _) When she started laughing I was just like NO, SECRETARY GAGA, YOU WERE SO COOL. :larry:


Oh, and the last boss? By the third objection, I was literally shouting at my DS: "okay, that's what, three times now? We've gotta crack him eventually. OH GOD SOMEONE ELSE SHOUTED HOLD IT WHO WAS IT THIS TIME--oh it was the forensics guy, that's actually kind of funny...WTF FOURTH OBJECTION, THEY'RE JUST DRAGGING US ALONG, NOW."
¯\(°_o)/¯
Shiera
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:57 am

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Shiera »

Jacques Portsman - Never liked him, and never will. His flipping of his suit's animation was freaking annoying.

Zinc Lablanc - Pretty much the same reason as everyone else.

The Amanos - The father's 'Now, now, now...' and the son's messed-up face.

Calisto Yew - I disliked everything about her. I loved Shih-na, though.

Quercus Alba - Dude, I almost wanted to give up on turnabout ablaze because of him. His breakdown animation wasn't that great, anyway. IMO, he's the worst villian. Ever.
Maxie Marauder
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Maxie Marauder »

Amano was probably the single most irritating character because even when I wasn't speedplaying I got impatient of his super-slow animations :\ I've heard people complain about Klavier's air guitar but at least that was cool to look at!

Personality wise I really disliked Cammy Meele. She irritated me and she came across as the type of woman I don't like - the kind that use their sex appeal to get what they want, pile on top of that her generally annoying demeanour and... yeah :\

Also:
Spoiler: GK5
Alba before his I AM SUPER SAIYAN TREE transformation, mildly irritated me because of how he was constantly beating up on himself. That one's probably a personal beef though.


Shiera, you might wanna put some of what you said in spoiler tags :]
Kimi8844
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 pm
Custom Title: The Prodigy
Location: Red Crown

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Kimi8844 »

:wendy: and :mike-salute: just don't like them at all
Mary Faraday
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Custom Title: Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥
Location: Austria

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Mary Faraday »

Kimi8844 wrote::wendy: and :mike-salute: just don't like them at all


Mike is AWESOME! Why don't you like him? D:
Maxie Marauder
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Maxie Marauder »

I like Meekins too. He gave me so many laughs.
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Marche Tobaye »

Old: Meekins, Oldbag, Larry.
New: I honestly liked them all, but Lablanc was kind of annoying and so was Portsman.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
MrPayneEmaSkye
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:40 am
Custom Title: Only One Truth Prevails(:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by MrPayneEmaSkye »

:scientific:
i gotta say the most annoying character is :lotta:
And the moste wierdest stupidest one is :hair-flip: <=== hahaha
:sassy: :objection: :knock-knock:
Maxie Marauder
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Maxie Marauder »

Marche Tobaye wrote:I honestly liked them all, but Lablanc was kind of annoying and so was Portsman.

I didn't like Portsman either. He rubbed me the wrong way, looked like an asshole, and his presence just irked me.
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Marche Tobaye »

On second thought, Portsman gets some credit for being fairly entertaining.

Lance, on the other hand, is just depressing and annoying.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Coco
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 am
Custom Title: Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Coco »

I usually find Winston Payne annoying, especially when he showed up in the earlier games with weird hairstyles but his small appearance was actually pretty amusing (since it's so obvious it was him!)

I only just started with AAI today, actually. So my opinion will probably change after a few more cases but as of now, the Portsman jacket animation gets on my nerves. It's so slow and so loud!
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image
Chips
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 am
Custom Title: Beautiful flower

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Chips »

These people annoys me.

Spoiler: All cases
The Amanos (like father, like son...)
Quercus Alba (it's so difficult to arrest him...)
Calisto Yew (she laughed at everything Edgeworth says even when it's not funny)
Zinc Lablanc (his shocked sprite is weird. And it shows up a lot.)
Shih-Na (dunno why)
Shi Long-Lang (sometimes)
Jacques Portsman (arrogant and annoying. I wish I could burn his jacket)
Image
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread
nudalman
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 am
Custom Title: The Trusty Nudal!
Location: Utopia
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by nudalman »

So many of these guys in AAI...
Spoiler:
Jaques Portsman: He was just a jerk. Not to mention, he makes up every excuse. Had no respect, thought he was so cool. In actuality all he is a narcissistic hobo who thinks he's great.
Zinc LaBlanc: Does this even need to be expained? He was just so annoying, with his lousy attitude, with his random interjections in the middle of your speech. He just bugged me ]so much.
The Amanos: Ugh, his dad is this big fattie with the most annoying and ugly ears any human could ever lay eyes on. Lance was just a pampered little brat.
Calisto: Ugh. Her random laughing like a retard? Really?

Edgeworth: Did you by any chance witness the murder?
Calist: Har-har-har-har.

And her objection sucks.
Image
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)
Coco
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 am
Custom Title: Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Coco »

Well, I finished AAI just a few weeks ago. I.. I think almost all the new characters in that game was annoying. But as far as who the most annoying was was concerned, the Amanos take the cake, gameplay-wise and character-wise. Next would be Lablanc. Just looking at him irks me.
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image
Shao-Mae
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am
Custom Title: The dwarf geeky panda!
Location: Where am I?

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Shao-Mae »

As for me:
Spoiler:
The Amanos: I don't like their slow sprite and as for the son. Id on't know. I just don't like him (maybe he lacks charisma).

Quercus Alba: He is so long to break. Plus, I expected more for his breakdown.

Jacques Portsman: I only hate his jacket during his rebuttal. Seriously, why they put sound?



Surprisingly:

Spoiler:
Zinc Lablanc: I liked his surprised sprite. I kind of wanted to see a sprite like this. Because it is so classic!

Calisto Yew: Maybe I like her because I too sometimes laught for really nothing.



I also really liked Payne cameo with Edgeworth sayaing "who's that guy already?"
Please don't hit me...
megaxleox
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Custom Title: "Every puzzle has an answer!"
Location: In Concepcion, Chile.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by megaxleox »

This one is not from GK...
I found Jean Armstrong very disturbing :ack:

Quercus Alba...
Spoiler:
I hate liars who have no shame


Wendy Oldbag... I found her presence in the game very redundant... and twice :ack:

Also Calisto, her Objection! is so... lacking of emotion... and her random laugh burts :zenitora:
Image

"We are all but travelers on a road of infinite points." - Godot -

My YouTube channel, click here!
Cann Kelly
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:43 pm
Custom Title: Love. Lost. Elegy.
Location: USA

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Cann Kelly »

- Jacques Portsman
Spoiler:
OOF, I have him in my signature! But I don't like him, because he's unfriendly.. Such a dumb bada**. Sorry, but it's true and I don't want a discussion or quarreling about Portsman.

- This Alba-guy..
- The Amanos
Spoiler:
Lance is so.. Ugh. Sorry. Well done. >.>

- Calisto Yew
Spoiler:
I flipping out of her laughter...

- Zinc Lablanc
- Lauren Paups
Spoiler:
I dunno, why, but she's so... frustating!


The only characters I like are Miles, Kay, Fran, Shi-Long & Shih-na.
Jesse Pinkman: What if we can rip off that train, and no one ever knows it got robbed?
Shadowsleuth
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Shadowsleuth »

I actually like Calisto Yew...
And her Objection doesn't bother me.
Different tastes, I suppose.

But I DID hate Lance. I was so glad when he turned out to be the killer. Same with Portsman.
In fact, one thing I liked about AA is that I usually hated the killers, which made it all the more fun to beat them.
Unfortunately, Oldbag never killed anyone...
Chips
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 am
Custom Title: Beautiful flower

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Chips »

Shadowsleuth wrote:I actually like Calisto Yew...
And her Objection doesn't bother me.
Different tastes, I suppose.
She was funny at first, but become annoying later. She won't stop laughing at every single thing
Edgeworth did!

But I DID hate Lance. I was so glad when he turned out to be the killer. Same with Portsman.
In fact, one thing I liked about AA is that I usually hated the killers, which made it all the more fun to beat them.
Unfortunately, Oldbag never killed anyone...

I hate Lance too. He used poor Lauren for his selfish goals
Spoiler:
and he killed Lauren's father. That's evil.
Another thing that bug me is he was trying to act all 'cool', and it's just... so annoying! :chinami:
Image
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread
samboo1
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by samboo1 »

Surprisingly, I didn't mind most characters! I seem to be thinking the opposite to most people here. I loved Calisto, she cracked me up haha, and Oldbag has always been a series favourite of mine.

The one, and possibly only character that really annoyed me, is Kay. I don't know why, she just did. I always try so hard to like the side kick girls, but normally find it hard. Having said that, I didn't like Maya at first, but now she's one of my favourite characters. So if I give Kay time, she may grow on me. I don't think it's so much Kay herself, it's the general idea of Edgeworth having a little girl sidekick...just doesn't fit.
MikeMeekinsFan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:02 am
Custom Title: Love, learn, live.
Location: Lurking here and there.
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by MikeMeekinsFan »

Mary Faraday wrote:
Kimi8844 wrote::wendy: and :mike-salute: just don't like them at all


Mike is AWESOME! Why don't you like him? D:

Ditto, though it would be nice to know why you do dislike him. Though I would be lying if I said that I'm surprised, since a lot of people don't like him... :P Honestly Lance kind of hit me wrong. Cause of how he looks, his pompous fat self. Blah. Though I don't hate him. The only AA character I have ever disliked, was Klavier.
Shadowsleuth
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Shadowsleuth »

Personally, I hate him because he is so irritating. He bugs me so much; Gumshoe's incompetence is likeable, but Meekins is just...
I really don't like him. And when he showed up in that costume, I was ready to kill him.

No offense to Meekins fans, but I really don't like him. At all.
MikeMeekinsFan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:02 am
Custom Title: Love, learn, live.
Location: Lurking here and there.
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by MikeMeekinsFan »

Shadowsleuth wrote:Personally, I hate him because he is so irritating. He bugs me so much; Gumshoe's incompetence is likeable, but Meekins is just...
I really don't like him. And when he showed up in that costume, I was ready to kill him.

No offense to Meekins fans, but I really don't like him. At all.

None taken, some people just have no patience for Mike. I'm just one of the few that do.
Shadowsleuth
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Shadowsleuth »

Well, I DO have a rather short fuse. And I DO know some Meekins-like people in real life, so that's probably where the hatred stems from.
MikeMeekinsFan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:02 am
Custom Title: Love, learn, live.
Location: Lurking here and there.
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by MikeMeekinsFan »

Shadowsleuth wrote:Well, I DO have a rather short fuse. And I DO know some Meekins-like people in real life, so that's probably where the hatred stems from.

Haha, understandable. Don't worry, I won't hate you for disliking my favorite character. Everyone has different tastes. :P
Shadowsleuth
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Shadowsleuth »

I understand as well, which is why I'm not too upset by the amount of Calisto hate. (She's one of my favorites)
ScienceRobot
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 pm
Custom Title: Beep.
Location: No.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by ScienceRobot »

Wendy Oldbag and Zinc Lablanc II
Romeo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Custom Title: SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.
Location: The Land of Tea and Crumpets...England.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Romeo »

I wanted to murder Zinc LeBlanc. His animations were so pointlessly loong... :grey:
And is it bad i kinda enjoyed Wendy? I find her oddities funny
Yew...was one of my favourite characters. Seriously. I loved her laughing at Edgeworths 'srs' moments.

But the all time the most annoying character, without a doubt, is Lance Amano...UGGGHHH.
Image
samboo1
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by samboo1 »

Oh yeah I forgot about Meekins. He does annoy me, but I'm always happy to see old characters (unlike most people), so I was ok with him in AAI.
Parkur
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:48 am

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Parkur »

Lablanc was annoying beyond all reason, as was oldbag
Chips
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 am
Custom Title: Beautiful flower

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by Chips »

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:----
The only AA character I have ever disliked, was Klavier.

But whyyy? D: *Shot*

Anyway, another character that I dislike, like the others said, is Zinc LaBlanc. He's just so annoying. And I hate his damage animations.
Image
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread
AnsweringNOW
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm
Custom Title: I wish I WERE the best.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)

Post by AnsweringNOW »

Lablanc actually didn't annoy me one bit, since his attitude was designed to mislead you about the killer. It was pretty obvious by the time Cammy Meele came into the picture.

And Ernest Amano's "now, now" were annoying as hell. Not to mention he was a corrupt character.

And what is up with Portsman's jacket? Why does he keep taking it off????
Post Reply