The GG. The Girl Gamer

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
Re: The Practice RP topic (+ Tutorials!)Topic%20Title

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Well... Would anyone else join?

The GG. The Girl Gamer

I have an idea for an RP but I'm thinking no one will join. Here's the idea for the RP.
All the girls who get kidnapped in games (Peach, Zelda, etc,) join together to try and get everyone who kidnapped them behind bars. They get help from the heros of the games (Mario, Link, etc,) Then they all by like spy's because they're spying on the villains and trying to arrest them. And they have spy gadgets.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Sounds interesting, but would it really be that hard to get Bowser or Ganondorf arrested?
They could present the games as evidence.

The GG. The Girl Gamer

Maybe they're way harder? So it would be harder for them to be arrested.

The Zelda Geek

Sounds like an awesome RP, Franzika. If you ever make it, I`ll join! As long as you let me be Link. Toon Link that is. ;)

The GG. The Girl Gamer

I'm going to make it. All I need is a title.

In Justice We Trust

I've been toying with the idea of a Fire Emblem RP lately. I have a decent sense of where I want the plot to go (though I'm trying to avoid planning too far ahead lest the players be more interested in taking the plot in a different direction), and save for a few mechanics and rules, I know how I want it to run. That said, there are a few policies and mechanics I want input from other users on (specifically, I want input from users who might be interested in participating). I also want a decent sense of how many people would be interested to begin with.

Spoiler: Story and other details
Story Introduction

The land of Duat is in an era of great instability. On the island of Abydos in the southwest, the beorc nations of Egir, Budin, and Kanije seek to drive the Parthian crocodiles to the sea. In the southeast, the bears of Arwad seek to cement their place in history as Agdy’s successors, subjugating beorc and laguz alike in their quest for supremacy. In the northeast, the quarreling kings of the Anatolian realms all vie for dominance as neighboring Longobardia and Hellas look for ways to benefit from the chaos. Finally, near Belzen, the homeland of the three heroes of the Bear King’s War, the mighty kingdom of Hicaz is flexing its military might, conquering all who refuse to recognize the dominance of her king, Laomedon. A coalition of beorc and dragon nations, led by Queen Suzianna of Sandomir, has been formed in response to Hicaz’s aggression. None doubt the inevitability of war between the dragon-beorc coalition and Hicaz. All that remains in doubt is what will trigger it and which side will triumph.

General Information

The setting, needless to say, is one of my own design. I feel this allows me more freedom of movement with regards to the plot. There are six laguz races: bear, snake, eagle, crocodile, gold dragon, and elephant. In addition, the beorc are generally divided into four groups: northern, eastern, southern, and western. The story I plan on emphasizing (Hicaz and the coalition) takes place in lands inhabited mainly by dragon laguz and northern and western beorc. Most of the classes are either directly taken from classes in existing games or very similar to one or more such class, though I have thrown in some of my own designs. Ideally, none of the mechanics I have in mind will seem strange, though I will admit that I've incorporated elements from multiple settings (Tellius, Magvel, Elibe, and Ylisse, to be specific).

I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I've been toying with the idea of a Fire Emblem RP lately. I have a decent sense of where I want the plot to go (though I'm trying to avoid planning too far ahead lest the players be more interested in taking the plot in a different direction), and save for a few mechanics and rules, I know how I want it to run. That said, there are a few policies and mechanics I want input from other users on (specifically, I want input from users who might be interested in participating). I also want a decent sense of how many people would be interested to begin with.

Spoiler: Story and other details
Story Introduction

The land of Duat is in an era of great instability. On the island of Abydos in the southwest, the beorc nations of Egir, Budin, and Kanije seek to drive the Parthian crocodiles to the sea. In the southeast, the bears of Arwad seek to cement their place in history as Agdy’s successors, subjugating beorc and laguz alike in their quest for supremacy. In the northeast, the quarreling kings of the Anatolian realms all vie for dominance as neighboring Longobardia and Hellas look for ways to benefit from the chaos. Finally, near Belzen, the homeland of the three heroes of the Bear King’s War, the mighty kingdom of Hicaz is flexing its military might, conquering all who refuse to recognize the dominance of her king, Laomedon. A coalition of beorc and dragon nations, led by Queen Suzianna of Sandomir, has been formed in response to Hicaz’s aggression. None doubt the inevitability of war between the dragon-beorc coalition and Hicaz. All that remains in doubt is what will trigger it and which side will triumph.

General Information

The setting, needless to say, is one of my own design. I feel this allows me more freedom of movement with regards to the plot. There are six laguz races: bear, snake, eagle, crocodile, gold dragon, and elephant. In addition, the beorc are generally divided into four groups: northern, eastern, southern, and western. The story I plan on emphasizing (Hicaz and the coalition) takes place in lands inhabited mainly by dragon laguz and northern and western beorc. Most of the classes are either directly taken from classes in existing games or very similar to one or more such class, though I have thrown in some of my own designs. Ideally, none of the mechanics I have in mind will seem strange, though I will admit that I've incorporated elements from multiple settings (Tellius, Magvel, Elibe, and Ylisse, to be specific).

Totally in.
Been praying for a non-social, plot driven, medieval technology era for a long time.

Plus Fire Emblem is awesome.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Well, that's one taker. Not really enough for an RP, though. Your location brings up one of the matters I'm planning on addressing, Pierre. Because of how elaborate the battles can be, I've been trying to think of ways to ensure they won't take months to complete. One thing that occurred to me was for the people involved to schedule a particular time for everyone to be online. Essentially, it would be akin to "sessions" in tabletop RPGs. Ideally, this would also address time zone differences by ensuring everyone will be in a position to reply in a timely manner.

Because character-to-character conversations and the like probably won't require everyone, I'm thinking the "session" system will be reserved for battles and major plot points. Things like building up supports, shopping for supplies, and the like would more likely be adapted to the players' individual schedules. This would help ensure people more interested in story and character-to-character socialization won't get bored between sessions.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I'd be up for it too. How would battles be handled? If I died. Am I dead forever?
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

In Justice We Trust

That's another issue I was considering. If we stayed true to the original games, death would be permanent. That might discourage players, though. My idea is that if you run out of HP, you will be wounded (needless to say, healing magic wouldn't help for a character who has run out of HP). Wounded characters would suffer a severe, but temporary penalty to all stats. This penalty would decrease and eventually go away completely as time passes, though it would decrease faster if the character in question sits battles out.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
That's another issue I was considering. If we stayed true to the original games, death would be permanent. That might discourage players, though. My idea is that if you run out of HP, you will be wounded (needless to say, healing magic wouldn't help for a character who has run out of HP). Wounded characters would suffer a severe, but temporary penalty to all stats. This penalty would decrease and eventually go away completely as time passes, though it would decrease faster if the character in question sits battles out.

Pfft since the latest big hitter has a feature where characters can fall unconscious instead of death (As nintendo marketing probably hoped this actually convinced a couple of my friends to try it), I'd say you don't need to worry about doing that and not being true to the 'original games'.

Though the fact you plan on doing it with an actual RPG system is more interesting as opposed to standard story-driven combat is also pretty good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Fair enough. Again, that particular mechanic is still open to discussion. Besides, there are other liberties I've taken that deviate from the original games (for starters, no male-only or female-only classes, though that's another aspect that I want input on before implementing).

As for the combat system, I'm trying to avoid Mary Sues, and while a conventional RPG combat system will only prevent characters from being unfairly overpowered, that's still one Mary Sue trait I won't have to personally address when characters are submitted.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Fair enough. Again, that particular mechanic is still open to discussion. Besides, there are other liberties I've taken that deviate from the original games (for starters, no male-only or female-only classes, though that's another aspect that I want input on before implementing).

As for the combat system, I'm trying to avoid Mary Sues, and while a conventional RPG combat system will only prevent characters from being unfairly overpowered, that's still one Mary Sue trait I won't have to personally address when characters are submitted.

So simply say there has to be character flaws on the application sheet or weaknesses or something. I'm sure you can pull some Mary-Sue-Guarded template offline somewhere.

Though I can't remember coming across so many male-only or female only classes but anyway.

Shouldn't you make a separate sign up an planning topic instead of using the sticky?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

That's actually what I'm planning on doing now that I've got a few people who are interested. I just wanted to see if this was a good idea to begin with.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Though I can't remember coming across so many male-only or female only classes but anyway.

Shouldn't you make a separate sign up an planning topic instead of using the sticky?

Classes like Pegasus Knights, Mercenaries, Barbarians are gender specific.

And Pierre, it's not a good idea to tell an admin where he can or cannot post!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Classes like Pegasus Knights, Mercenaries, Barbarians are gender specific.

And Pierre, it's not a good idea to tell an admin where he can or cannot post!

ah right those ones, I'd always felt it was more a case of sprite limitation than actual gender exclusivity for some of them.
Though for Pegasus Knights I'm sure one of the games claimed it was a traditionally female order but whatever.
Oh snap EEUUGGAGYAAAGAGRRRRGGHHH *erodes into nothingness*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Relax, you two. If I thought posting about a possible RP in this thread was against the rules, I wouldn't have done it. Unlike on some forums, the staff here is not supposed to be "above the law." Regardless, the planning thread will probably take some time to appear while I prepare everything that I think needs to be discussed.

Justice is impossible without truth.

May I try?

The courtroom drowned in a hum of activity stroking the whip glaring at Wright across the room: The people were nervous
and they stopped. Crack the whip was smooth and snapped back nicely the room was silent the trial could begin.

My perfection was my creed and by mine and my father slandered that was all but 'he' had spoiled our fun.

Not this time though; I was not Edgeworth the fool. It was time for my win!

The judge hesitated and winced as my whip hit true.

" Fool: I just begin my opening statement."

Perfection was my creed: He changed Edgeworth I wanted the pleasure of destroying the fool this time I had a
witness he could not touch. Ha! Foolish Fools!

hey! I'm new to the rp concept and I was looking it up and I figured that sometimes you're allowed to just jump right in to the forum. Is that allowed here? I have my characterization already planned out and stuff and will just sail the river but I'm not to sure if we still have to do like an intro kind of thing or can we just jump right into the arc.... help?

In Justice We Trust

It's great that you're interested in roleplaying, but I strongly advise reading over the rules first--ignorance of them is no excuse, after all. While it's technically not a rule (yet), reviving RPs that have seen no activity in a long time is rarely (if ever) a good idea; the people who had been participating previously have likely either lost interest in the RP or left the forum, meaning the RP might as well be locked.

As far as jumping right in is concerned, it depends on the RP. Always make sure you've read the first post of any given RP before joining it. Newer RPs have OOC threads that contain all the rules, but with older RPs, the rules are almost certainly contained in the first post. If no rules are given, PM the person who started the RP just in case--though if they haven't been online in a long time, it's probably a safe bet that the RP is dead. If you've found an RP that's open to just jumping right in, I still recommend reading over some of the more recent posts so you can make sure your introduction doesn't disrupt the plot.

I'm online at least daily, so if you have any further questions, you can count on me to answer them.

General Luigi wrote:
It's great that you're interested in roleplaying, but I strongly advise reading over the rules first--ignorance of them is no excuse, after all. While it's technically not a rule (yet), reviving RPs that have seen no activity in a long time is rarely (if ever) a good idea; the people who had been participating previously have likely either lost interest in the RP or left the forum, meaning the RP might as well be locked.

As far as jumping right in is concerned, it depends on the RP. Always make sure you've read the first post of any given RP before joining it. Newer RPs have OOC threads that contain all the rules, but with older RPs, the rules are almost certainly contained in the first post. If no rules are given, PM the person who started the RP just in case--though if they haven't been online in a long time, it's probably a safe bet that the RP is dead. If you've found an RP that's open to just jumping right in, I still recommend reading over some of the more recent posts so you can make sure your introduction doesn't disrupt the plot.

I'm online at least daily, so if you have any further questions, you can count on me to answer them.

Thanks a lot for the tips. I'm sure I'll be okay with starting it. It would only probably take me a while to get used to rping however. :phoenix:
MirroredTopic%20Title

Once upon a time, in an ordinary-seeming little campus named Carter College, students began to disappear. Unbeknownst to all (or are they?) these students have crossed through the mirrors in bathrooms (and in other places) into a strange little world--their very own campus, overrun with monsters of all shapes and sizes. Luckily for these students, they have a ways to fend off the monsters--strange badges and ID cards (among other things) that grant them extraordinary powers. Can the students find their way back to their own side of the glass? Can they discover the truth behind this strange little world, or will the monsters overtake them first? Those questions, my friends, can only be answered by the students themselves...if they're up to it.

This is an RP idea that I've tried in a few places and liked; I'm testing the waters here on Court Records. The character skeleton is as follows:

Name:
Age: (Unless you'd like to play a professor, keep in mind that this is a college campus.)
Token: (Whose item does this character use to access some sort of power? The character and the original owner of the token can be as similar or as different as you'd like. The token itself can be a badge (prosecution/defense) an ID card (detectives/cops), or something relavant for an assistant (i.e. a Magatama, Trucy's hat).
Power: (Has to be related to the original owner of the token in some way. For example, three guesses what Franziska's badgeholder will most likely use, and the first two don't count.)
Brief Biography/Anything we should know?:

If any more experienced RPers would like to help me map out some of the beginning situation, I would be glad of the assistance.

--Jin.

Edit: AGH! Would a kind mod move this to the OOC/Signups thread? :payne:
Page 3 of 3 [ 105 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay