Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 33 posts ]

Last Specter TrailerTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9948ocF3p7k

I dig it.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Last Specter TrailerTopic%20Title

I can't wait :larry2: the game looks so good, and the whole "more puzzles than ever before" thing works so much better in the trailer than on the boxart.

The unwond future music in the trailer confused me though..
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Puzzle number zero zero two
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

earthlings on fire

I certainly love the fast pace these games are being released! Once a year, that's perfect.

I'm excited.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

I am so buying this. I can't think of any excuse not to buy something that looks this awesome.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Now it seems with 100% certainty that Europe won't be getting the London Life bonus RPG.

On the bright side, it won't be longer until I hear the luscious tone of Descole's voice again if this trailer is anything to hint at..

Now playing all of the "first trilogy" games in anticipation.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

earthlings on fire

javadoz wrote:
Now it seems with 100% certainty that Europe won't be getting the London Life bonus RPG.

On the bright side, it won't be longer until I hear the luscious tone of Descole's voice again if this trailer is anything to hint at..

So does the NA version get London Life? Or is it omitted in that one too?
ImageImageImage

Cravat of Doom wrote:
javadoz wrote:

So does the NA version get London Life? Or is it omitted in that one too?

Yes, the NA version does get London Life.

In other news, the website opened up with four puzzle demos to try out and... What happened to Luke's voice? I know it is supposed to sound younger, but it sounds kinda weird.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Blah!

javadoz wrote:
In other news, the website opened up with four puzzle demos to try out and...

...why are they saying London Life is 8-bit? It's clearly looks GBA quality, since the design looks like Mother 3 with the pastel colors, that form of perspective, and such. 8-bit systems were generally 16 color, not 16-bit color.

I guess whoever made the website is saying it looks a bit old school, which it does (and there's nothing wrong with that; I like Mother 3's visual design), but 8-bit is wrong.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to this game.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

This guy's YouTube channel has a ton of cutscenes from Last Specter, with loads of voice acting.

GO MY SONS GO

Shut up, Hitler

Meh, Tim Curry as US Descole. I hope we get Jonathan Keeble like in Eternal Diva. I still find it odd how Level-5 change the voice acting, though. Mariah Darling is infinitely superior to whoever voices that abomination of a Luke in the US games, for example. Why not just keep it the same in both?

It just seems like more expense to me.

Wolverfrog wrote:
Meh, Tim Curry as US Descole. I hope we get Jonathan Keeble like in Eternal Diva. I still find it odd how Level-5 change the voice acting, though. Mariah Darling is infinitely superior to whoever voices that abomination of a Luke in the US games, for example. Why not just keep it the same in both?

Ugh, I cannot STAND Luke's voice in the US games! That's why I play UK versions. ^^

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Ace Nobody

Picking this up today, super excited.

Also, did Level-5 ever confirm the movie on blu-ray for US?

Call me Ishmael.

Oh yeah, it's out already, isn't it? Guess I'd better order it then.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

FVKWY wrote:
Wolverfrog wrote:

Ugh, I cannot STAND Luke's voice in the US games! That's why I play UK versions. ^^

Wow, seriously? I thought the general consensus was that UK Luke's voice was the terrible one, and that US Luke's was pretty decent.

I guess UK-ians don't like it when their accent is butchered so greatly. In fact, they're willing to turn a 10 year-old boy into a 5 year-old girl, as long as his accent is good!

By the way, if anyone finds a... ahem... copy of the game... erm, online... PM me, OK?

Ace Nobody

Well, went to Gamestop, turns out, it hasn't arrived yet.
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Deputy of Self-Esteem

For the record, today is the ship date. The street date can be one to two days later.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

earthlings on fire

I haven't checked local stores yet but I just got another job so I'm excited that I can now buy it without feeling too guilty! ^.^
ImageImageImage

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

This one was short... but I think it was the BEST!

Layton just keeps getting better and better.

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

I finished the game.
Spoiler: ENDING SPOILERS
I kind of wish Inspector Grosky and Descole played bigger roles within the story. Watching Eternal Diva would make up for that I guess but still, Grosky really had little to no contribution to the story and Descole, on the other hand, should have more screentime (his awesome theme being only used once).

Minor quibbles aside I do love the game and I can't wait for The Mask of Miracles... next year... what shall I do then...

DeMatador wrote:
FVKWY wrote:
Wolverfrog wrote:

Wow, seriously? I thought the general consensus was that UK Luke's voice was the terrible one, and that US Luke's was pretty decent.

I guess UK-ians don't like it when their accent is butchered so greatly. In fact, they're willing to turn a 10 year-old boy into a 5 year-old girl, as long as his accent is good!

By the way, if anyone finds a... ahem... copy of the game... erm, online... PM me, OK?

You dissing us in the UK?

To me, US Luke sounds like a woman. Though I really can hardly stand Flora's voice. UGGGGGGGH >.<

Jammin' like it's 2024

Flora is voiced by the same person in the US and UK, Lani Minella. I bring this up for a reason.

In the US, Lani Minella also voices Luke. Lani's a decent voice actor but she really sucks at accents apparently. Her attempt at an English accent is inaccurate to the point of being grating to listen to; I've heard people describe it as "constantly wandering around the country" and that's pretty accurate. It also defaults to the very annoying "plum in the throat" stereotype more often than not which on top of everything else makes Luke sound arrogant and up his own arse to British ears, because that accent is almost exclusive to the wealthy and he most certainly is not.

Maria Darling's accent on the other hand is perfectly fine, sits squarely on Cockney which makes complete sense, and then buggers it up a bit by sounding much younger than the character's supposed to be, but not by that much; nerdrage tends to exaggarate the discrepancy.

Luke's supposed to be 13 in Unwound/Lost Future by the way, I'm not sure how old he is during Specter but it's probably hovering around 10 somewhere. That'll be interesting.
Does we even do these things anymore?

Conversation about Luke's voice aside, I think I spent the most time on this game than I have on any other Layton game. According to my 3DS play records, I've played this game for about 41 hours already and I've already fully completed the main game and am going through London Life's storyline.

Spoiler: Absolutely last puzzle in main game
YOU MEAN THERE'S TWO PARTS TO THIS HARD SLIDING PUZZLE!?!

*Upends tea table*

I have 36 hours logged. I'm completely done with the main game and I've finished London Life's story as well.

Spoiler: Last Puzzle
And I am not ashamed to say that I used a walkthrough for that puzzle.

Wolverfrog wrote:

Actually a lot of voices are being changed around with the new characters like Descole, Emmy, and Inspector Grosky. This leads me to believe they just grabbed those voice actors for the movie only, since they have different voice actors like:

Descole
Johnathan Keeble (movie) -> Tim Curry

Emmy
Emma Tate (movie) -> Lani Minella

Inspector Grosky
Stuart Organ (movie) -> ??? (Actually I don't know, but he sounds different in the game)

More about the game, I just finished London Life an hour ago. This should put an end to my addictive sorrows, but there is yet more stuff to do...

javadoz wrote:
I just finished London Life an hour ago. This should put an end to my addictive sorrows, but there is yet more stuff to do...

If your anything like me, then the answer is "No".

Spoiler:
Also, I think that there is an after story plot, because I just got a favor from Antn, adit's marker in the newspaper was colered red, like te story impotant ones....

I just finished the game about an hour ago. My face has been glued to my ds for the past few days..
Spoiler:
this was the first layton game to actually make me cry. I was so sad that Loosha died. The games always have sad but happy endings but this ending made me really sad. I still loved it though

And London Life is so addicting!!!
Thank you to PandaPrinzessin for the awesome signature(:
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

Mostly human

javadoz wrote:

Emmy
Emma Tate (movie) -> Lani Minella

Ugh, I know that Lani Minella's got a fantastic range (although I'm not a fan of her Luke voice and the less said about her male performances the better) but this is getting ridiculous. Perhaps they're fine with such a limited amount of actors because the rest of the localism process is fairly expensive?

It's a shame that London life is decent though, I was hoping that I'd be able to get away with getting the EU version and not missing much. Looks like I'll be importing.

Hey, I'm not dissing anyone. Don't get me wrong, I was honestly just thinking out loud, haha.

I don't know about you guys, but I love Emmy's game voice. At least, the little I've heard of it from trailers.

I've got this game, but I swore to myself I would finish replaying games 1, 2 and 3 before even starting it up. 1 and 2 are done, currently am on hour 2 of Unwound Future. THE WAIT IS KILLING ME, but I must RESIST.

Just finished the game :) I imagine there's still quite a bit of story left, though. I'm still missing a few episodes. And I haven't even started on London Life yet.

Spoiler:
The last battle and finale reminded me of why Layton is just so magical and charming and wonderful and AWESOME. I adored the Black Ravens, and Loosha...

I can't wait to play the lovely EU version. I hope they change Arianna's voice. I would gripe more about Luke's voice, or how Emmy sounds too posh for my liking, or how Descole can't seem to pronounce the word 'appear' like a normal person, but Arianna's horribly fake voice irritated me so much. Happily I have no issues with the adorable squeaking sounds made by my favourite character introduced in this game <3

There were several lines from Layton near the finale that I thought were rather wonderful, especially when he was conversing with the Black Ravens -
"That seems odd. I think that's odd. Do you think that's odd, Doland?"

"You must be joking!"
"A gentleman never resorts to punchlines."

"A shop sign just fell off the bakery!"
"Perfect!"

Culinarily suggestible

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Just finished the game :) I imagine there's still quite a bit of story left, though. I'm still missing a few episodes. And I haven't even started on London Life yet.

I'm glad to finally find someone else who has finished this game (the regular one, that is; I haven't started LL either) so I can gripe about the VERY end (that is, right after the game tells you you won't be able to save again, do you really want to continue?).
Spoiler: the end, really
WHY did they have to give in to the cliche of the magnificent sacrifice yet again? A perfectly innocent, noble-minded, loving creature who happens to be the very last of her kind is supposed to be more valuable than yet another human, as if there aren't billions of them around? I know that sounds a bit callous, but it irks me so much that this sort of cheap tragedy is put in, especially with the human-supremacy angle. It wouldn't have been difficult to do the ending without the sacrifice, just have her stay in the underground area forever, or even put in some joke connecting her to Nessie, which is what I thought might happen. But I hate, hate setting up sympathetic, unique characters only to heroically kill them off immediately. Saw it coming as soon as she was shown, which only underscored the cliche.

I realize all that might seem a bit overemphatic, but it really irked me for two reasons: one, this is the first game in which there were actual people and places which were what they seemed to be (and therefore one could form reasonable attachments to them) and two, the sounds she made reminded me of one of my cats, who nearly met an untimely end herself when she was barely eight months old. She's survived (and doubled her weight since, oops), but it was all too easy to relate to Arianna's bereavement and feel anger at the scenario writers for putting her through that.

Ahem. Other than that, I liked it. So irked by the above that I haven't been able to try London Life yet though. Got all of the puzzles and scenes and all the first time through, so I don't have anything to go back for. Haven't done most of the bonus puzzles yet, though; I only have so much patience for lengthy sliding-block puzzles, and I hate having my save show that I've encountered more puzzles than I've solved, so I always end up turning off the system if I can't solve it in one sitting. Yeah, stupid bit of pride, that. Story was better than the earlier titles, though I don't really play these for the story all that much. It was nice to have some backstory for Luke.

There were a few things that bothered me about the ending, actually, but I didn't really mind that so much.
Spoiler:
Although Loosha was easily my favourite character introduced in the game, and I would've gladly traded Arianna for her, I like to interpret it as "Loosha spends her energy protecting this paradise from Descole, and just before she's about to die reveals it to her one true friend", as opposed to "Loosha dies for Arianna". The theme in the OST is "Guardian Deity of Paradise", which I think is wonderfully fitting. (It was also titled as 'Ragoucy's Theme', who I took to be a person, and along with this picture made me believe I had spoiled myself for a good portion of the game. Fake spoilers really are the best kind.) Now it's up to Arianna to guard the Golden Garden, and Loosha's legacy seemed to me to be a good reason to keep it a secret (when normally I'd be thinking, 'there are probably loads of other children just like Arianna, but NO, this beautiful sanctuary of healing is just for her').

I think another reason for Loosha's death was to make Descole seem more evil and threatening, which is just as well because as a villain he is one HELL of an anticlimax. Yes, the Final Battle with Remy and the puzzles was incredibly awesome and probably one of my favourite moments in these games. But come on! There are no fewer than four cutscenes spread throughout the game which consist of him sitting evilly in an evil study, and then he comes out with his machine, and you do five puzzles and a guessing game and he's gone. Finding the Black Market was harder than that. And am I the only one bothered by the revelation that this machine which has been crawling around in the canals for half the game completely breaks down when in water? He's just INCOMPETENT. And then he laughs an evil laugh and is gone. Luckily his portrayal in the movie sort of saves it for me :P And we get a new villain in Mask of Miracles, so that's good too.

For me the villain's motivations are always one of the most interesting parts of the story, and I think I would be more irritated by that if I weren't so relieved that Clark wasn't evil. I do love him, and that's mostly to do with his smexy Dimitri voice <3 But realizing that he sent Layton down to the cellar to find the abducted Brenda made me so upset, especially since I spent most of the game thinking he must have murdered his wife or suchlike.

Well phooey.

It seems that the Eternal Diva US release has the exact same voices as the British version, oh well, I might still get it though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the trailer for the European Spectre's Call is out and besides stuff we already know and Luke's UK voice, there is actually a teaser for Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles despite them never doing that kind of early announcement before. Still, it's cool nonetheless.
Page 1 of 1 [ 33 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)