Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 13[ 502 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title

If you don't want units to die, put Wyvern Lord Cormag and General Amelia together at a two-square chokepoint with Sage Lute and Druid Ewan (or Bishop Artur if you're facing monsters) behind them. You won't be moving forward but no one will ever die. xD
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Gettin' Old!

fatalfeline wrote:
If you don't want units to die, put Wyvern Lord Cormag and General Amelia together at a two-square chokepoint with Sage Lute and Druid Ewan (or Bishop Artur if you're facing monsters) behind them. You won't be moving forward but no one will ever die. xD

Well the summoner I found is more useful for the reverse of that...the monsters have a brutal defensive set up you can't get past so a little expendable bait if good for breaking it up.

XD I just thought Bishops were immense in that game though especially considering how you more or less only fight monsters near the end.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yeah, summoners are pretty useful for luring out strong enemies, like dracozombies. I usually promote Knoll as soon as I get him (since he's already level 10) just so he can summon phantoms (and maybe do some healing in case my other healers have their hands full).

I had Knoll as a Summoner, then immediately regretted it when I realized that the freaking phantoms were stealing treasured exp from my units. By that time you'd only get 3 or 4 exp per enemy, true, but still. Druids look cooler anyway.

Gettin' Old!

Midnight Jasper wrote:
I had Knoll as a Summoner, then immediately regretted it when I realized that the freaking phantoms were stealing treasured exp from my units. By that time you'd only get 3 or 4 exp per enemy, true, but still. Druids look cooler anyway.

Yeah but if I remember Phantom's weren't very combat effective anyway and if you need experience the towers are always available.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollon Flame

Did anyone like fighting zombies? I didn't. :/
Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of killing undead enemies.
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:

Why?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I quite liked fighting zombies. I found the excruciatingly slow way they shuffled over to you, melodramatically lunged themselves towards you, consistently failed to hit, and then shuffled back to their spot extremely entertaining. But they do die pretty easily. They're just the undead equivalent of Soldiers.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I wasn't a fan of fighting the undead. They seemed like stock enemies from Minions R Us.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

I'm back except not really~

I'd rather fight normal enemies than strange monsters or purple people with axes. *glares at FE2*
I have proclaimed myself Sovereign of the 922 Universes. Because I can.

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:

Why?

It may sound sadistic, but I enjoy killing people more than zombies (OBVIOUSLY! In video games, not in-real-life). xD But it must be because human enemies are more unique and diverse than zombies.
A King

in name

alone...

Laguz > Undead
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Oh yes. I hope Laguz become a permanent fixture for the series. Tons of fun tactics can be used with them. Though, I would like it if they made the races a bit more diverse. Hawk are to Tigers, what Ravens are to Cats. Why not let Cats have Canto for instance? Or Ravens a ranged (Counter) attack? The lot of races are just too similar.

I use Laguz a lot more in Path of Radiance than I do in Radiant Dawn. I love both games, but the PoR Laguz switch automatically! Which is great for forgetful folks like me.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Reyson Incarnate wrote:
I use Laguz a lot more in Path of Radiance than I do in Radiant Dawn. I love both games, but the PoR Laguz switch automatically! Which is great for forgetful folks like me.

Personally, I prefer the Radiant Dawn laguz, being able to only counter attack while in human form makes the tactician in me giddy.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Reyson Incarnate wrote:

Personally, I prefer the Radiant Dawn laguz, being able to only counter attack while in human form makes the tactician in me giddy.

So what in Radiant Dawn they actually have weapons in human form?
To me it sounds more like a disability than anything else only counterattacking in human form.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

They mostly kick, sometimes punch. But if you play them right they can do some real damage. For instance, Volgue in the river, with Beastfoe and resolve, he becomes a one man kickboxing monster. And when he gets low in HP, he's likely already at a point where he can transform and then do 'real' damage on top of the murder he did on enemy phase.

Granted, Resolve + Beastfoe makes anyone a monster in that stage, but that one's my favorite tactic on a Laguz.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
They mostly kick, sometimes punch. But if you play them right they can do some real damage. For instance, Volgue in the river, with Beastfoe and resolve, he becomes a one man kickboxing monster. And when he gets low in HP, he's likely already at a point where he can transform and then do 'real' damage on top of the murder he did on enemy phase.

Granted, Resolve + Beastfoe makes anyone a monster in that stage, but that one's my favorite tactic on a Laguz.

Ugh need to play it sometime but what are the simple pros and cons of Laguz in human form and out of it.

I assume mobility is a pro for animal form?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Simple....

Best way to explain it is with the Half-shift skill. It makes a Laguz permanently in beast form, but at only 1.5x bases. In that form, they're nothing special. Slightly above average units with no two range attack. When they're transformed at 2x bases, they're monsters on the field. There's nothing they can't survive or take down alone, sans the late game bosses.

But for all that power, they revert back after X amount of time. They still have High HP so they'll hopefully survive one round on their own. The fact that they can counter attack in that mode is a boon, plus, they gain double EXP while in human form.

Unless, of course, they're a generic Hawk and they're against LV 20 Marksman Leonardo with a Crossbow, then I believe death is theirs. On every playthrough, I do that. Every one. I have solo'd any level against Flying things with Leo. Flying things and Laguz. And Izuka. That level is a massacre.

Squirtle!

I found my old GBA which had my copy of Rekka No Ken in it (the first GBA fire emblem released in the US), and decided to try hector hard mode on top of lyn's hard mode. Lyn hard was easy... Hector hard... I'm not sure how to describe how hellishly difficult it is. I had a hard time on the first freaking level for gods sake! I'm on the "protect Zephial", and I've been playing it for about a week now. gah, he dies every time like 6 turns into the map!

I'm also trying Hard mode on TSS since I got it via 3DS ambassador (I gave my original copy away to my friend to borrow, let him keep it). It's a lot more watered down, but it still presents a challenge.

Now all I need is a US localization of FE: Awakening. Make it happen, Nintendo!
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

The Zelda Geek

So, err... anyone looking forward to Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Squirtle!

ToonBlade wrote:
So, err... anyone looking forward to Fire Emblem: Awakening?

I am very much looking forward to it. (Assuming the US gets it...)

Deputy of Self-Esteem

So much so that I got the admin of Serenes Forest to let me... Tweak the forum banner. =D

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sometimes I'm surprised I'm not really active over at Serenes, considering how much of an FE freak I used to be (and still am to some extent). But yeah, I'm really hoping this hops the pond - it's pretty much everything I could've asked for in a new FE.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Squirtle!

I still have yet to post in serene's, I end up lurking 99% of the time when I'm on a forum xD

The Zelda Geek

Well, FE:A, it's comming to North America. In 2013.

... Curses, Nintendo!! Oh well...

So, anyway, FE:A looks pretty good from what I've seen. The design and gameplay look great. Music is-- hot damn, dat's good!! Have I mentioned the DLC?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I am Very excited for this game. Currently I expect it'll come out in mid Feb or Mid Mar. It was originally slated for 2012 in Europe, so I figure it was origionally slated for a November release but got delayed past the holiday season. Nintendo never releases anything of interest in January, and traditionally they release in the middle of the early months. New/Puzzly/not-so-popular franchises often get Mid Feb and bigger titles seem to come mid March at the earliest. So I guess Feb or Mar decides how important Nintendo thinks DLC is or if there's a game bigger then Fire Emblem trying to get out the door.

Bumped for Fire Emblem: Awakening coming out in 3 or so weeks. After playing the newly released demo on the eShop, it's much like returning to a long-lost love: the last Fire Emblem game I held an interest in was Sacred Stones/Path of Radiance.

It feels very much at home on a portable system and actually has character (not that the other games had it, but it already feels like it has more so than before). The battle system is the same but has the benefit of partners (for deeper strategy and bonding time) and fast-forwarding (which is probably going to be a godsend in the more insane chapters that will contain dozens of units on the enemy's side... but if you're like me and not want to skip the nice combat animations...).

I must now contain my excitement to play the demo more and exhaust the 30 uses limit...
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

I just played some of the demo, I skipped most cutscenes and stuff so I could just try out the gameplay. So far, it seems like they've done everything right. The combat animations look great, you can mostly skip all tutorials, and there are so many options. Like, you can turn on animations during your turn, but off for the enemy turn, and stuff like that. It's amazing.
And I love the tactician thing, even though I've barely seen it. I was a big fan of it in Blazing Sword, so I was a bit thrilled to see it return, though it's a bit different. Though I couldn't test out any options for the girl character, who I'll probably be playing as.
One thing I've been worrying a lot about is the voice acting. I was worried they'd get lazy with it, but so far I've really liked all the voices, and the thing where characters will just say a couple words or go "Hm" or "Hah" or whatever during dialogue. And that's not even to mention the music. So far the game entirely looks and sounds great.
Although I'm gonna have to get used to spelling it Chrom and not Krom anymore. Heh.

Gettin' Old!

Tayopatio wrote:
I just played some of the demo, I skipped most cutscenes and stuff so I could just try out the gameplay. So far, it seems like they've done everything right. The combat animations look great, you can mostly skip all tutorials, and there are so many options. Like, you can turn on animations during your turn, but off for the enemy turn, and stuff like that. It's amazing.
And I love the tactician thing, even though I've barely seen it. I was a big fan of it in Blazing Sword, so I was a bit thrilled to see it return, though it's a bit different. Though I couldn't test out any options for the girl character, who I'll probably be playing as.
One thing I've been worrying a lot about is the voice acting. I was worried they'd get lazy with it, but so far I've really liked all the voices, and the thing where characters will just say a couple words or go "Hm" or "Hah" or whatever during dialogue. And that's not even to mention the music. So far the game entirely looks and sounds great.
Although I'm gonna have to get used to spelling it Chrom and not Krom anymore. Heh.

WOAH woah...woah...

This has voice acting?!
I loved the crap out of sacred stones, though I understand some folks treat it like a dark horse in the FE series but...I really liked having optional stuff and not having to dedicate every single mission to ultra training and picking up extra loot and bonus characters with the dungeons, let me see more of the support conversations, even for characters I wouldn't ordinarily use.

As such I hope it follows that route a little.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
WOAH woah...woah...

This has voice acting?!

From what I can tell, yup. I think it's gonna be like what I described during regular dialogue, and fully voiced during cutscenes. In the Japanese trailers there's some of Chrom and Lissa talking, and they kinda sounded like stereotypes - stereotypical buff guy, stereotypical shrill girl. The english voices are easier on the ears for me.
I liked the extra levels in Sacred Stones too. I can be pretty bad at training characters, so I'd get that extra time to do it. I really don't know if it'll be in Awakening.

Gettin' Old!

Tayopatio wrote:
Pierre wrote:
WOAH woah...woah...

This has voice acting?!

From what I can tell, yup. I think it's gonna be like what I described during regular dialogue, and fully voiced during cutscenes. In the Japanese trailers there's some of Chrom and Lissa talking, and they kinda sounded like stereotypes - stereotypical buff guy, stereotypical shrill girl. The english voices are easier on the ears for me.
I liked the extra levels in Sacred Stones too. I can be pretty bad at training characters, so I'd get that extra time to do it. I really don't know if it'll be in Awakening.

Well it'd be a shame but I'll live still I just checked the e-shop.

Didn't see the demo, is it America only so far?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

It's only in America so far. Since the game won't get released in Europe before April, don't expect it to land in the european eShop before late-march, I think.
ImageImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

Didn't see that one coming.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Gettin' Old!

Bolt Storm wrote:

MY LOVE! TAKE IT AAAAAAALLLLL!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Zelda Geek

Bolt Storm wrote:

One can only wonder how the fuck that will work.

Gettin' Old!

ToonBlade wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

One can only wonder how the fuck that will work.

Build social links/support conversations with demons but there is permadeath?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, Awakening's been out about a month now. I'm just about at the end, I'll probably finish it up tomorrow. There's some stuff I've really liked about it, and a few things I think could use improvement, but by and large I'm very satisfied with it.

Wooster wrote:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I finally joined the cool-kids club and bought an XL along with Fire Emblem off of Amazon.... If only Amazon and/or my local retailers had the game in stock goddamit. I don't like downloading my games. Personal preference.
I played the demo, and I thought it was really awesome. Looking forward to forcing my minions to marry each other.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Page 4 of 13 [ 502 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station