Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 11 of 11[ 435 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Re: Books!Topic%20Title

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Read this play called Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw for English class. I'm not sure if I liked the ending...I'm even more unsure about the epilogue.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Has anyone here read 'Wild Swans' by Jung Chang?? Apparently it's a great read, but It is very long and I'd like some more detailed feedback. Thanks :)

FINE

I read "The Fall of Reach"
the prologue seemed like something out of an amateur fanfic, but I got used to it.
the book kinda left me unsatisfied, but it's good to explain backstories.

Now I'm currently reading "The Flood", the second book in the series.
I'm almost finishing it, so I could say two down, 6 more to go.

What I like about this book is that they add personality and emotions to the main character.
He's not a mindless robot who shoots at aliens, he actually feels, he feels sad, he feels angry, he feels happy, he laughs, he feels fear, he feels frustration. And that's one of the things I like the most about the books.

let's just tell them that we met in jail

Cardiovore wrote:
CriminalDamage wrote:
He is! I bought a copy of The Thin Executioner and he signed it for me~
Spoiler: A picture, if you wanted to see.
I'd be a great executioner.

I've read most of what he's published, apart from the World Book Day short story and The City Trilogy.

I've got the first Larten Crepsley book out of the Library but I haven't started it yet. I will, though!

I actually got him to say the words 'very angry beaver'. :D

Lol that's him all right xD

Yeah Koyasan's the only one I haven't read. The City's a good series, I based my illustration exhibition for college on it.

I'd be scared if it wasn't XD

What's the City trilogy about? And Thin Executioner is brilliant so far. Though a bit packed for one book ...
art by blue

Previously Cardiovore

CriminalDamage wrote:
I'd be scared if it wasn't XD

What's the City trilogy about? And Thin Executioner is brilliant so far. Though a bit packed for one book ...

The City trilogy was written for older teenagers and adults. It's about a mysterious dystopian city (aptly named The City), its leader is a powerful tyrannical gangster known as The Cardinal. The first book focuses mainly on the gangs of the city (which I depict as typical mafia gangs), and I can't really explain the other two due to spoilers if you decide to read it.

I thought The Thin Executioner was great too.

And speaking of Darren Shan, I'm reading Palace of the Damned at the moment.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

:)

Anyone read Elixir by Hilary Duff? I have, but I found it really confusing especially the ending.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Has anyone read BED by David Whitehouse? It's a very good book and i'd reccomend it to anyone who wants a new novel that you can really sink your teeth into. His writing style just makes it so easy to read, and all the characters are well sculpted and you can really get a feel for each of them. Also the non-chronological order really makes it interesting ^^

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Finally finished The Count of Monte Cristo. Took me nearly two years of on-and-off reading but well worth it.

My childhood right here

Hylian100 wrote:
Finally finished The Count of Monte Cristo. Took me nearly two years of on-and-off reading but well worth it.

...It took me two hours on-and-off... :oops:

Call me Ishmael.

I got William Gibson's The Difference Engine for my birthday. Looking forward to read it.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Real Human Being

I haven't read anything I didn't fap to for a long tome.

:adrian:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
Hylian100 wrote:

Page a second? That's the only way I can think of to manage that XD

My childhood right here

Hylian100 wrote:
:adrian:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
Hylian100 wrote:

Page a second? That's the only way I can think of to manage that XD

Or magic? Maybe my room is like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. It was two hours everywhere else, but it felt like a year in my bed.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Or magic? Maybe my room is like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. It was two hours everywhere else, but it felt like a year in my bed.

You sure two days didn't pass by feeling like two hours? Or are you jus some kind of time paradox?

My childhood right here

Hylian100 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

You sure two days didn't pass by feeling like two hours? Or are you jus some kind of time paradox?

I read it during the summer. I have an alarm set for my self-designated reading time. It's set for two hours. I finished just as the alarm went off. It actually broke me out of my reading-induced daze.

The cape is self-fluttering

Decided to jump on the Hunger Games bandwagon, after all. Fairly easy read; I started reading the first book Monday evening and finished a few hours ago (much of the reason being, I couldn't put it down). Pretty damn good story so far. I'm told the praise isn't as high for the second and third books, but I'll probably get them anyway.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Recently went to my public library, and picked up "POPULAR HITS OF THE SHOWA ERA" by Japanese author, Ryu Murakami.

Originally written in 1994 in Japan, and in 2011 it had an official translation!

This book is nasty and twisted :udgy: ...it has to deal with two society gangs murdering members of their own and avenging their members in an unusual way of their lives.

about three or four years ago i stumbled upon a book at the library called "Aisling of Eire" written by Dorothy M Keddington
Spoiler:
This book tells the tale of a young woman (an aspiring author) who then 17 at the time goes to Ireland to take a literary course for the summer. there she meets and ends up falling in love with her teacher. Eamonn Gallagher. The two of them fall head over heels and are forced to live separate lives when she returns to her life in California.

This is a really amazing book i really really love this book, i have read it four times already and recently received the book for my birthday last year this is really worth reading. it's out of print now. so it's not something you can buy. in a bookstore.

Psychotic Musician

I like anything and everything by Jenny B. Jones. She's witty. I also like the Harry Potters and I just finished the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy today. It was pretty good. I can't really remember any books that I've read that I didn't like.

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

let's just tell them that we met in jail

Has anybody read The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gatiss? (The bloke who does Sherlock, League of Gentlemen and Doctor Who.) It's pretty brilliant. Everybody should read it. After all, who doesn't like Edwardian spy novels? And the main character is a bisexual spy called Lucifer Box. I mean, come on.

And just look at the front cover!
Spoiler: So as not to blind you with awe.

Ian Bass is genius.

Oops I think I'm in love with a book damn it Mark damn it Lucifer
art by blue

I finished Catcher in the Rye last night. Loved it. I'm in the process of reading the The Hunger Games trilogy (just started Mockingjay), Crime and Punishment and Catch-22.

I'm doing the six book challenge in my college library.

Call me Ishmael.

I haven't felt like reading as of lately. Which is a shame because I have like 12 unread books and they all seem damn good.

The member who doesn't swear much

I'm currently reading Last Chance To See by Douglas Adams. I was worried it wouldn't be as funny as Hitchhiker's or Dirk Gently because it's non-fiction but god was I wrong.

And I have rarely been so happy to be wrong. It's one of my favourite books just because, as always, Adams was hilarious.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Adrian in black wrote:
Decided to jump on the Hunger Games bandwagon, after all. Fairly easy read; I started reading the first book Monday evening and finished a few hours ago (much of the reason being, I couldn't put it down). Pretty damn good story so far. I'm told the praise isn't as high for the second and third books, but I'll probably get them anyway.

I like the first book most of all. The next two get more thought-provoking. I'm not the biggest fan of the last one, but that's probably just me.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

BSX wrote:
I'm currently reading Last Chance To See by Douglas Adams. I was worried it wouldn't be as funny as Hitchhiker's or Dirk Gently because it's non-fiction but god was I wrong.

And I have rarely been so happy to be wrong. It's one of my favourite books just because, as always, Adams was hilarious.

You're alive! :pearl:

The member who doesn't swear much

I am?

Next books I shall be reading shall be The Hunger Games. So excited as they're apparently good and the movie looks alright.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Call me Ishmael.

I put Difference Engine on hold in favor of a Pink Floyd biography.

You look like you have a big vocabulary.

I love almosy any book but it feels like climbing up a mountain to finish Great Expectations by Charles Dickens... seems a bit boring to me atm :( gotta study this for school
Would you kiss a certain Ace Attorney character? Or would you dismiss them?
~ Play Kiss or Dismiss! ~

Sleep is for the week/weak

Is this topic still even active?? Can I still post on this??? Who knows??????? :oops: But I'm posting in it anyway BECAUSE I CAN :raygun:
But yeah, I've finished 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea a long time ago, but is anyone interested in an AU for that? Is there even audience for this book AND this game??? If there are, I feel like there are only, like 5 of us.
Nayuki, I don't think we're in High School Star Musical anymore...

Great Revival

GyakutenShaiban wrote:
Is this topic still even active?? Can I still post on this??? Who knows??????? :oops: But I'm posting in it anyway BECAUSE I CAN :raygun:

I feel like this topic may be an exception because it's for discussion, but be careful with necroposting anyway.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Just finished watching the Spice & Wolf anime, but it didn't really have much of a definitive ending since they didn't adapt the entire book series. So, since the author has gone on record saying there won't be a third season, I'm trying to read the books now. Although, part of me wishes they could somehow get J. Michael Tatum and Brina Palencia to narrate an audiobook version of the series. They really did a good job of playing off of each other in the dub, so I kind of wish I could actually hear that in the books instead of having to rely on vocal memory.

(Disclaimer: I only know a few random words in Japanese, so even if there was an audiobook with Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu narrating, I'd need subtitles, which kind of defeats the whole point of an audiobook. That, and I'd have no idea which part they were reading from, so synchronizing would be next to impossible for me).

Happy Maria

I saw the eighth Harry Potter book in stores the other day,and I thought it was cool. I remember reading that it was based on a play or something. I opened it and then immediately closed it and put it back in.

It wasn't based on a play.

It WAS a play.

As in,the script to the play.

This really disappointed me,seeing that I liked the HP books before mainly due to the colourful descriptions. But here,it's just directly taken as a script! How lazy can you get?

There are also a lot of Harry Potter-like books. Artemis Fowl,anything Rick Riordan writes,but I liked the first HP the most,sort of.

A new dawn.

Quote:
It wasn't based on a play.

It WAS a play.

I know how that feels; my first reaction in the bookshop was to check if there were any other Cursed Child books which were actually books, but I ended up buying it anyway. It's alright, I suppose, but it reads too much like a fanfiction to me. Although it does give amazing grounds for new fanfiction ideas with the ending part...

Quote:
But yeah, I've finished 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea a long time ago, but is anyone interested in an AU for that? Is there even audience for this book AND this game???

I don't know about the game (what game?), but I've read the book. What kind of an AU are you thinking about? BTW, have you read 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' by the same author? It was the first book of his that I read, and I'd love to read a story based on that, if it doesn't already exist.

xXx

Have any of you read the Obsidian Chronicles by Lawrence Watt-Evans? I've only read the last book of the trilogy - Dragon Venom - but that book was simply amazing to me, and I love the solution the main character comes up with and how it realistically affects his relationships (to say any more would be a spoiler). It's basically a story where a boy named Arlian tried to get revenge on the dragons that destroyed his hometown, but he finds out there's more to the dragons than it seems.

Last edited by DarkAgea on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi

So, a list of books I like...uh, give me a sec, might take a few minutes to narrow it down to my ultimate favorites.

- The Giver by Lois Lowry. My absolute favorite book of all time. I've read it at least five times so far.

- Maximum Ride by James Patterson (book series). This is probably my favorite book series, even though I never include books 4-8 when I say that (we do not speak of those books).

- Legend by Marie Lu. One of my favorite dystopia novels. Still need to finish the rest of the books...

- Dark Energy by Robison Wells. This came out a couple years ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Page 11 of 11 [ 435 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices