Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 45  Next

Re: Persona 3Topic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Yeah, from what I've played, I really think Persona 4's social links and story were much, much better. Honestly, I feel it's the characters that help to move the game along for me. Honestly, if they didn't have "mostly" endearing characters that were in SEES the whole time, I'd quickly lose interest. I think the thing that honestly keeps me coming back to the game though is more the battle system and persona fusion system. Granted they're more refined in the sequel, but they're still a heck of a lot of fun on their own.

I got to agree with you about Kazushi too. His Social Link, by far, has been my favorite one, he was the first I went out of my way to max out. I just gotta ask though, is it just me, or does Academics take a whole lot longer to level up than Courage and Charm?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Well the bittersweet tone of most of the social links tends to match the tone of Persona 3 whereas things get better and more positive in 4.

Quote:
Keisuke's mere presence causes people to go into seizures. GET THE KID TO A DESERTED ISLAND STAT.

I quite liked Keisuke...if only because he always seems to be smiling, got some father issues too and he can freakin heal people!

Quote:
Maya is… oh God. KENJI! This is YOUR problem NOT mine.

Psst stick with Maya. Once you've cleared Akinari there's not much better to do on Sundays and she unlocks the Devil Arcana. Plus near the end her S.Link is golden.

Quote:
• Fuuka
• Mitsuru (And I had high hopes for this one!) All she's done is make half hearted comments on food. She's at her best when she's assertively wrong. Or just plain assertive. The melancholy doesn't fit.
• Bebe is kinda polarizing for me. It took a bit for me to tolerate him, but once his actual goal kicked in, he kinda warmed up. Points for progress if nothing else.

Unfortunately I missed Bebe which is a shame as I spotted his character in one of the scenes early in the game and was like "hey that guy looks pretty cool". Also be cautious about seeing both of them, the game will penalise ya if you get intimate with multiple girls.

I think I liked Mamoru's best, partially cause I'm a big fan of the friendly rivals concept, plus he's really got it hard looking after his family so much but Akinari's is also....totally the opposite of bright and SUNNY but it ends well enough.

Though the best social link (or at least it should be) is Elizabeth. SHE'S SO ADORABLE!

Also what's your next big fight Woost?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Next would be Nyx at the top of Tartarus. I think I've set my self up for an abnormally hard battle. I've played thus far without a guide, with the exception of when Fuuka refused to give me stats on a boss. (DUDE, You're Mitsuru's replacement! You're supposed to be BETTER then her.) And when looking at ultimate summons and what not, the only Summon for Thanatos I've got is Samuel… out of the however or so you need to make him.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Next would be Nyx at the top of Tartarus. I think I've set my self up for an abnormally hard battle. I've played thus far without a guide, with the exception of when Fuuka refused to give me stats on a boss. (DUDE, You're Mitsuru's replacement! You're supposed to be BETTER then her.) And when looking at ultimate summons and what not, the only Summon for Thanatos I've got is Samuel… out of the however or so you need to make him.

Thanatos ain't all that anyway. You need two. Orpheus....and...well...something else to fuse him though he's not really great. I think I made him with a fused Alice so he learned "Die For me!" so he wasn't a total washout. It's a shame the plot-related persona's are pretty poor in comparison to some others. Lookin at you Lucifer.
Still congratulations for getting close to endgame in the recommended hours (based on the back of the box).

I'd clocked 120 hours by the time I beat the game I think.

Also give some credit to Fuuka, Mitsuru was struggling with Distance and Fuuka is scanning up several hundred feet of distance from her original position.

Also is it FES you are playing and if so did ya get Aegis' social link done?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Thanatos ain't all that anyway. You need two. Orpheus....and...well...something else to fuse him though he's not really great.

Thanatos requires a bunch of Death personas iirc, you're thinking of Messiah, which requires Orpheus and Thanatos. Thanny is kind of meh but Messiah is fairly awesome, if for no other reason than you can get the best armor in the game from his Heart drops.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I think I crossed Messiah off my list of practical summons since I thought the non-Orpheus ingredient required mastering every single social link.

I'm "serious" with Fuka, kinda started with Mits, even though I'm actively ignoring her. And I haven't started Aigas or the other party member I'm having a strange brain fart over. Never mind the non-party members. My Sick man link isn't scheduled to max until a week 'after' the deadline for the final boss, assuming there aren't any delays. It kinda makes this a bit of an impossibility for me.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I think I crossed Messiah off my list of practical summons since I thought the non-Orpheus ingredient required mastering every single social link.

I'm "serious" with Fuka, kinda started with Mits, even though I'm actively ignoring her. And I haven't started Aigas or the other party member I'm having a strange brain fart over. Never mind the non-party members. My Sick man link isn't scheduled to max until a week 'after' the deadline for the final boss, assuming there aren't any delays. It kinda makes this a bit of an impossibility for me.

Aww man but Akinari has a sick plot twist at the end! Like gaspworthy plot twists.

It's a shame you couldn't fit him in.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Taking a brief break to try Persona 4. Got as far as recruiting the 4th party member.

I'm… uh. Not sure what to say. The things Persona 3 did right, 4 did wrong, and vice versa.

Persona 4 seems to have better interpersonal connections between party members. On the other hand, their personalities all seem relatively shallow in comparison. You can control your allies in battle, but I find that the ally AI isn't near as smart as in 3. There's an actual plot to 4, but the dungeon is just large and boring. Characters don't seem to get fatigued on their own, but SP tends to run out far too quickly. On the irrefutable plus side, there's fishing in 4, not that I'm fond of fishing mini-games, but the fact that there's a mini-game that early in the game means the game might be a bit more creative on that front. Then there's Square based teleport. So awesome, teleporting.

Assuming I own the system for Persona 5 when it comes out. I'm really going to want them to improve the system, rather then do a tit-for-tat. The game's addictive, but mediocre.

So you've only gotten up to Yukiko and beaten the first dungeon I take it? I found myself not growing too fond of the party members myself until I was able to initiate and start getting deep into their social links. I felt as far as that went, it gave characters so much more personality later onwards and, to me, made the party feel more tight knit and bonded somewhat. I think, to me, the most bland out of your party members was Yukiko, but even she has her moments. Kanji probably had some of my more favorite moments in the game if for his dialogue.

There will be somewhat a way to remedy the whole losing SP aspect while you're inside the TV somewhat soon, but as for when you'll be able to use it, it might be quite a ways off. I usually had to do the first few dungeons in sections because of the SP problems, but the game does make it rather clear to stock on Goho-Ms so you don't find yourself stuck in the middle of a dungeon with no SP and no way out.

And honestly, I see no need to use the AI battle system, controlling them is fine. What I do like though is that you have access to your party at all time so you can equip them and what not, you can actually check your spells and such on your Personas and see their description, which 3 lacked, and what I like is that you can somewhat customize your party's abilities to an extent. Rather than some abilities getting automatically replaced in 3 (ex: Yukari's dia with diarama), like with your main, when they learn a new ability and their slots are full, you actually get to choose what abilities they keep and lose, which to me was good because you can strategize and customize your party members a bit more and not just yourself.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Thanks for reassuring me about their personalities. I was actually feeling nostalgic for Junpei (Who just rewrote the book on amazing) and Akihiko (of all people) while playing the beginning of 4.

Anyways, weird thing I noticed: Chie's Persona is Tomoe. And Tomoe from Trauma Team and Chie have very similar personalities. I'm not sure I'm ready to chalk it up to coincidence since both are Atlus products.

As for the AI battle system. I found it actually to be one of the more endearing aspects of Persona 3. Fighting alongside competent allies in 3, kinda awesome. Fighting alongside allies that use effective magic if the mood fits them in 4? Not so fun. And it's not like the main character isn't already god with his Persona dexterity.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Thanks for reassuring me about their personalities. I was actually feeling nostalgic for Junpei (Who just rewrote the book on amazing) and Akihiko (of all people) while playing the beginning of 4.

Anyways, weird thing I noticed: Chie's Persona is Tomoe. And Tomoe from Trauma Team and Chie have very similar personalities. I'm not sure I'm ready to chalk it up to coincidence since both are Atlus products.

As for the AI battle system. I found it actually to be one of the more endearing aspects of Persona 3. Fighting alongside competent allies in 3, kinda awesome. Fighting alongside allies that use effective magic if the mood fits them in 4? Not so fun. And it's not like the main character isn't already god with his Persona dexterity.

After the third time Ken tried to use Hama on someone because they were weak to it instead of knocking it down because it's weak to pierce attacks I learned to hate the AI battle system.

Here's a common problem in 3.

Encounter with three 'bird-like' bosses. Yukari takes a shot with her bow at one and knocks it down. In her utter stupidity she decides to hit the same one with that attack getting it back up. Then it proceeds to knock out another party member weak to their spells.

They just don't play right.

Though yeah Kanji is awesome and the characters get deeper, some remain relatively unlikable like Yosuke but also if you're worried that it doesn't feel like you have any bond with them because they don't do anything on their own build social links with them. You get access to awesome 'extra attacks' which knock foes down with them folowing up you own attacks. Plus they take mortal blows for you provided it ain't a multi-target attack.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You can deal with the SP problem somewhat by going to the shopping district vending machine and buying all of its TaP sodas. They only restore 10 SP each, but you can get five each week and they're cheap.

I just finished the first dungeon (again) myself. Supposedly the first two are the hardest ones.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah Persona 3 felt kinda easy because of the constant restoring of SP/HP. If you don't mind sidequesting and social linking you can get an even better way of restoring SP.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I find Yosuke a hit or miss with the fans from what I have observed. Either people love him or they loathe him. I haven't really found a middle ground with him.

That was one thing that I really liked that they improved on with Persona 4 as well, how social linking with your party members enhances how they perform in battle. I really felt that that was such a nice touch to the battle system and it came in handy many times. Chie's Galactic Punt is one of the best things ever.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Right now, I'd say I'm middle ground. I like his comic relief, I like his detective mode. But, his humor is situational and not a part of his personality. And because of that it sharply contrasts his intellectual side. I like both sides of him a lot, but it becomes jarring when you're hoping for laughs and you get the perfectly ordinary teen.

Wooster wrote:
Right now, I'd say I'm middle ground. I like his comic relief, I like his detective mode. But, his humor is situational and not a part of his personality. And because of that it sharply contrasts his intellectual side. I like both sides of him a lot, but it becomes jarring when you're hoping for laughs and you get the perfectly ordinary teen.

I will say though, he is a much MUCH better Magician Social Link than Kenji.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

stirring

Oh god, what is this weird limbo this iteration of old CR is in? It's like everybody's operating out of threads from 2007, which are somehow still hanging out and getting revived, and it's a clusterfuck of old opinions and awkward transitioning from 2007 to 2012.

I like Persona 3 a lot more nowadays, not long after it released in Japan it grew on me a lot more-- looking at earlier posts in this thread are embarrassing. Ah, that reminds me I recently got around to it and P3P was cute. The female mode in it was a lot of fun for me, though it has its narrative problems since the game frequently treats her pretty disgustingly (Junpei's social link is gross and awful) and there's a layer of misogynism hidden around every corner. But she was a lot of fun and I much preferred her to Minato.

P4 is still superior to it with some minor cast problems, but Persona 2: Tsumi is still the loveliest little Megami Ibunroku who ever did.

I've been pretty excited about Persona 4 Arena and I would quite like to play it, especially since the mechanics sound delicious, but... I can't afford it so I'm just gonna bide my time?
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

I know this is a Persona 3 thread, but honestly, how are you guys feeling on Persona 4 The Golden?

In my opinion, I really feel Atlus is bringing something good with the whole remake thing. From what I just read, it's exciting to see what they're adding to the game while keeping the core of it true to the original. I'm even very interested in the extra social links and the extra ending that was added. I'm interested in wanting to take an antagonistic route.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I find Yosuke a hit or miss with the fans from what I have observed. Either people love him or they loathe him. I haven't really found a middle ground with him.

That was one thing that I really liked that they improved on with Persona 4 as well, how social linking with your party members enhances how they perform in battle. I really felt that that was such a nice touch to the battle system and it came in handy many times. Chie's Galactic Punt is one of the best things ever.

I know this is a Persona 3 thread, but honestly, how are you guys feeling on Persona 4 The Golden?

In my opinion, I really feel Atlus is bringing something good with the whole remake thing. From what I just read, it's exciting to see what they're adding to the game while keeping the core of it true to the original. I'm even very interested in the extra social links and the extra ending that was added. I'm interested in wanting to take an antagonistic route.

Well maybe if Yosuke wasn't such a RAGING HOMOPHOBE he'd be ok, though seriously out of all the people who tease others about their 'true selfs' attitudes he probably does it the most.

Also Chie's Galactic Punt is OP XD.

If I ever get a Vita I'll get P4G thoguh on it's own it's not enough to sell one for me. It looks nice though the new intro seems a bit out of place but is it possible to take an antagonistic route really?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Well maybe if Yosuke wasn't such a RAGING HOMOPHOBE he'd be ok, though seriously out of all the people who tease others about their 'true selfs' attitudes he probably does it the most.

If I ever get a Vita I'll get P4G thoguh on it's own it's not enough to sell one for me. It looks nice though the new intro seems a bit out of place but is it possible to take an antagonistic route really?

Spoiler: Antagonisitic Route
From the little I read, one of the new social links in the game is with Adachi. I read that if you can get his Social Link up to... 8 I think before the big end game events happen, you can choose to finish his social link with him and team up with him with all the murdering goodness. It's considered to be the new "bad ending" that they teased with that they added to the game. I don't really know all the details, but heck, I think it's interesting. You spend the whole game "seeking out the truth" and wanting to catch the bad guy and in the end, you screw over your teammates and join up with the villain.

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Spoiler: Antagonisitic Route
From the little I read, one of the new social links in the game is with Adachi. I read that if you can get his Social Link up to... 8 I think before the big end game events happen, you can choose to finish his social link with him and team up with him with all the murdering goodness. It's considered to be the new "bad ending" that they teased with that they added to the game. I don't really know all the details, but heck, I think it's interesting. You spend the whole game "seeking out the truth" and wanting to catch the bad guy and in the end, you screw over your teammates and join up with the villain.

That sounds...

INCREDIBLE

Edit:

Ok so playing Persona 3: FES The Answer today.

Gonna highlight how the AI sucks.
So come up against a level 75 Rampage Drive and we get the advantage. It's immune to everything but elemental spells. I bust out Ragnarok to hit it hard.

Metis....uses Power charge despite the beast being immune to two types of physical and REPELLING the other kind.

Next turn I bust it with Ragnarok again and Metis gets into gear and casts Garudyne. Fortunately it just casts Tarukaja it's almost dead.

I hit it with Ragnarok and the life bar is almost invisible a light tap would kill it.

Metis uses Dekaja to dispell the Tarukaja....made almost redundant by the following Power Charge the shadow uses.

I groan and fork out another expensive Ragnarok because Persona 3's AI battle is crap.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Decided to go back and try to finish Persona 3. Gosh, did I ever miss Junpei's fourth wall breaking nonsense. Hours into the game aren't 70 like I thought, but just over 90. Whoops.

Anyways, cruised past the two mini bosses, got to Nyx, slowly but easily defeated all of his forms until his Death mode. Got his HP down to a sliverish 500-ish points before he wiped my team out. Team was Me, Yukari, Ken, and Junpei. Ken and Yukari were dedicated healers and part time attackers while Junpei was attacking when he didn't buff the team to stall Nyx a round. Problems hit when Nyx started using his Random Status inflicting moderate attack. Couldn't keep up with healing AND the afflictions at the same time. Then Yukari died. Couldn't keep up with healing, status, AND death. So within 3 rounds of that, party wiped out. Gonna have to re-think 'something'. Not sure what.

dullahan1 wrote:
I will say though, he is a much MUCH better Magician Social Link than Kenji.

Oh GOD yes. You'd be hard pressed to find a link that's worse then Kenji. Though the gourmet king seriously TRIED.

Pierre wrote:

I got as far as the first mini-boss in Kanji's dungeon. I'm not entirely sure that Youske said anything wrong thus far. Though that may change when I reach the top of the dungeon. Sure he made it 'very' clear he was uncomfortable with the situation, but when you factor in this was the guy who took out a biker gang when he was in middle school and (allegedly?) attempted to beat the party up. Then you arrive in the dungeon, and consider what Kanji's WEARING, HOW he's running, WHAT he's saying, HOW he's saying it. I'd be royally uncomfortable myself.

Though, I must give Atlus credit. This is the most sensitive handling of the most insensitive stereotypes I've ever seen.

And yes. Galactic Punt is AWESOME!

And oh man, I forgot about the Answer. So now I have that AND Persona 4 to play.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
I got as far as the first mini-boss in Kanji's dungeon. I'm not entirely sure that Youske said anything wrong thus far. Though that may change when I reach the top of the dungeon. Sure he made it 'very' clear he was uncomfortable with the situation, but when you factor in this was the guy who took out a biker gang when he was in middle school and (allegedly?) attempted to beat the party up. Then you arrive in the dungeon, and consider what Kanji's WEARING, HOW he's running, WHAT he's saying, HOW he's saying it. I'd be royally uncomfortable myself

Yosuke's Homophobia maintains after Kanji's dungeon with an iconically hilarious and bad time occuring during a summer event.

Also Kanji's possibly the nicest guy out there, just misunderstood. Especially compared to Yosuke or Teddy, he does the least teasing/womanising of the party. He had a good reason to beat up the bikers and to be fair he perceived the party to be teasing him about his 'Shadow Issue' when he threatened them. I can imagine Yosuke throwing a punch if someone flat-out to his face said he was self-centred and hates everything that bores him.

Actually speaking of that, in the opening of P4A Yosuke says "Everything that bores me has gotta go!" so perhaps he's regressing? XD

Quote:
Anyways, cruised past the two mini bosses, got to Nyx, slowly but easily defeated all of his forms until his Death mode. Got his HP down to a sliverish 500-ish points before he wiped my team out. Team was Me, Yukari, Ken, and Junpei. Ken and Yukari were dedicated healers and part time attackers while Junpei was attacking when he didn't buff the team to stall Nyx a round. Problems hit when Nyx started using his Random Status inflicting moderate attack. Couldn't keep up with healing AND the afflictions at the same time. Then Yukari died. Couldn't keep up with healing, status, AND death. So within 3 rounds of that, party wiped out. Gonna have to re-think 'something'. Not sure what.

Yeah Jin and Takaya came up and I was like "Man you don't know about my Armageddon?" and one-shotted them. Then I promised I wouldn't use it on Nyx to be fair. Also your problem if you have Yukari on your team, she's effectively worth minus two party members in her usefulness. I cleared it with the opposite essentially, Mitsuru, Aegis and Akihiko. Each one of them has a decent heal, late level Aegis develops Diarahan I think. As a backup I had a persona with mediarahan but that's standard. In addition they are all capable (well Mitsuru to a lesser extent but she uses mind-charge) of dealing high damage compared to your team. Well except Junpei but Akihiko is more flexible than him.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I come 'bear'ing gifts.

Wooster wrote:
I come 'bear'ing gifts.

Hey Woost, in case you weren't aware, there's also a really good dub of Hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comics. Warning you it's kind of long.
Persona 4 Comic Dub
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Wooster wrote:
I come 'bear'ing gifts.

Hey Woost, in case you weren't aware, there's also a really good dub of Hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comics. Warning you it's kind of long.
Persona 4 Comic Dub

No stop Wooster! Don't look at these, or the Persona 4 comics. They are horrendously spoilerish.

Edit: Then again you did find the comics yourself first.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Edit:

Huh? I think it was great in FES, they always did what I wanted them to do. There was some trick to it though. I think your partners didn't really learn the enemies' strengths and weaknesses only by trying, but you still had to analyze the enemy. When I used "Knock Down" and the Character knew the weaknesses, they would never do anything stupid. Know what each command does and never use "Act Freely". Maybe you find this guide helpful.

At first I hated my AI partners too and didn't even finish P3. But after P4 I gave P3 another shot and just loved it.

Gettin' Old!

Lusankya wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Edit:

Huh? I think it was great in FES, they always did what I wanted them to do. There was some trick to it though. I think your partners didn't really learn the enemies' strengths and weaknesses only by trying, but you still had to analyze the enemy. When I used "Knock Down" and the Character knew the weaknesses, they would never do anything stupid. Know what each command does and never use "Act Freely". Maybe you find this guide helpful.

At first I hated my AI partners too and didn't even finish P3. But after P4 I gave P3 another shot and just loved it.

I know how to use the tactics ¬¬

The example I cited didn't involve knocking something down, indeed the thing we were fighting didn't have weaknesses, it was a case of ineffective AI not acting smartly. Plus there are enemies in the Answer who have weaknesses but can't be analysed, many bosses (especially of the kind that appear in multiples) have weaknesses and by luck Protag or someone else will hit them with a weakness. Too many times I've seen them fail to follow up on this because they can't be analysed.

A big problem (since bosses are no joke) that can be easily avoided by having total party control.

f
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Apparently not, otherwise you wouldn't have trouble with the bosses. In addition analyze them anyway. Even if it only shows "???", the behaviour of the AI comrades will change.

FYI I used Yukari, Aigis, and Akihiko for the final battle. Heals, buffs, and debuffs while MC goes to town on the boss. Probably goes without saying, but don't be afraid to burn through any Somas or Bead Chains you've been holding, either; not like you'll need them after that fight.

Pierre wrote:
Quote:
Actually speaking of that, in the opening of P4A Yosuke says "Everything that bores me has gotta go!" so perhaps he's regressing? XD

Spoiler: HUGE P4A SPOILERS
That's not really Yosuke, it's a show put on by Shadow Labrys to goad the Investigation Team into entering the tournament.

Gettin' Old!

Lusankya wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Apparently not, otherwise you wouldn't have trouble with the bosses. In addition analyze them anyway. Even if it only shows "???", the behaviour of the AI comrades will change.

Alright Lusankya this is just insulting now, I don't have much trouble with bosses but when I do it's because a party member fails to appropriately target weaknesses, I regularly use tactics and beat the game with little trouble.

However I didn't know the AI comrades changed behaviour (somehow) even with a blind scan so I thank you though I still think you were rude.

Also yeah Wooster if you are worried about items transferring over to the Answer nothing gets carried so just blitz on all the big items.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Third time trying to beat Nyx. Junpei, Akihiko, and Aigas. Got as far as Nyx casting Queen 'splosion. Killing Akihiko, Aigas, Poisoned Junpei, and left me with ~200 HP. That's a terrible place to be. And unfortunately Nyx moves right after my character. So I tell Fuuka to cast Oracle and I revive Aigas.

Fuuka thinks I'm not struggling enough at this point and reduces my Party to 1 HP. Nyx then kills everyone but me, who had the item that lets you endure one fatal attack.

So now everyone is dead. I've got 1 HP. Nyx's debuffs and my buffs have just expired and I can no longer use oracle.

I'd like to say this is where I got my big turnabout, but no. Game Over. Oddly enough, my difficulty with the final boss is encouraging me. Normally final bosses are pushovers. This one can kill me, so it's a very nice change of pace.

Add to it, I inadvertently over wrote my pre-final day file so I'm trapped in Tartarus. I have no idea how much grinding I can do before my party fatigues.

I think I'm going to remove Junpei from my final boss team. He favors physical over magic, and tends to kill himself at Moonless Gown, as opposed to nulling like Akihiko. Though, that still doesn't address my party's inability to survive Queen-something.

Anyways, traditionally I abhor spoilers, but that's totally overridden when great satire is involved. So I don't feel I lost anything reading those three items. And that video was EXCELLENT. I do wish the editor converted the comic to vector before zooming beyond the pixels, but that's the tech head in me. Still great.

As for the AI, I really don't understand the problem Pierre. The AI is the best I've experienced in the genre, at least as far as P3 is involved. Haven't tried the Answer yet, and P4's is stupid. How in the world is it possible for the AI to regress between titles?

But as an aside, I can independently confirm that your allies attacks are more competent after a scan, even if the scan tells you nothing.

Pierre wrote:

Alright Lusankya this is just insulting now, I don't have much trouble with bosses but when I do it's because a party member fails to appropriately target weaknesses, I regularly use tactics and beat the game with little trouble.

However I didn't know the AI comrades changed behaviour (somehow) even with a blind scan so I thank you though I still think you were rude.

Also yeah Wooster if you are worried about items transferring over to the Answer nothing gets carried so just blitz on all the big items.

Sorry, no insult intended. It's just that many people complain about the AI, when it's mostly their own fault. Maybe they all use Mitsuru too often, and rage when she uses Marin Karin again. :D

Gettin' Old!

Lusankya wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Sorry, no insult intended. It's just that many people complain about the AI, when it's mostly their own fault. Maybe they all use Mitsuru too often, and rage when she uses Marin Karin again. :D

Maybe so but the example I cited didn't have any obvious things like scanning for weaknesses, the thing had been scanned already and the AI still acted like a numbskull.

But hey I went from Persona 4 to 3 so I probably just missed having total control.

Here's another early problem with that.
One of the first bosses is a squad of three birds. You only have Yukari, Protag and Junpei at this point. The birds use garu skills and so destroy Junpei rather badly. Yukari uses her bow and knocks one down revealing they are weak to pierce. By this point you haven't learned "Knock down" as a tactic yet and so she continues to attack the same bird making it recover rather than going for an all out attack.

Early on this was a problem, I had to get a bow myself to compensate for Yukari's problem...but again maybe I just like the total control having played P4 first.

Quote:
Fuuka thinks I'm not struggling enough at this point and reduces my Party to 1 HP. Nyx then kills everyone but me, who had the item that lets you endure one fatal attack.

So now everyone is dead. I've got 1 HP. Nyx's debuffs and my buffs have just expired and I can no longer use oracle.

I'd like to say this is where I got my big turnabout, but no. Game Over. Oddly enough, my difficulty with the final boss is encouraging me. Normally final bosses are pushovers. This one can kill me, so it's a very nice change of pace.

Yeah my first oracle turned was a full hp/sp so I was like "Oh wow that's amazing!" and had no idea it could go wrong. I next used it in my fight against death, she put me to one hp :yuusaku:

And I've only really had a big turnaround in one game like that. FF9 my Phoenix Pinions revived Zidane after Necron had killed us all and he used Grand Lethal to win. Turnabout moments are rare.

Quote:
Add to it, I inadvertently over wrote my pre-final day file so I'm trapped in Tartarus. I have no idea how much grinding I can do before my party fatigues.

I think I'm going to remove Junpei from my final boss team. He favors physical over magic, and tends to kill himself at Moonless Gown, as opposed to nulling like Akihiko. Though, that still doesn't address my party's inability to survive Queen-something.

That's my worse nightmare really, getting a save in a point where I'm literally too weak to continue the game any further but you should be able to manage. If you are a high enough level you can fuse Lucifer and.....er...Satan(?) which should let you do Armageddon if you just want to cheap it up on the final boss.

My final party had me an Aigis at max level and Akihiko and Mitsuru somewhere close too it but I loved grinding in that game.

Edit: Finally making Progress in the Answer past the bit I was stuck at.

If Yukari isn't dead by the end of this plot I'll be so mad.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Okay, I beat Persona 3 the journey. Took some grinding but I beat it. Oddly enough, Nyx didn't cast Mother-s'plosion.

At. All.

I'm guessing there's a turn count you needed to reach before he casts that? That's the only thing I can think of. Grinding feels like cheating. Except I wasted enough time on Nyx up til this point so I feel I deserved it by now, but it feels hollow.

Post game was really really really booring. Waited until credits before bailing to search for my phone which I had dropped in the field earlier in the day.

So final thoughts on Persona 3 the Journey?

It was worth it to battle Fortune Archana, Some of the social links were really worth it. Dying Man, Kaz, Rival, Old Couple, Monk, Little Girl. Them there's Junpei who was hands down the best part of the game period. He was comic relief, he had his dark side, he came to terms with it on his own and had growth. Amazing.

But outside of those amazing things the game was bad. I spent over 90 hours in this game. They did a LOT of tricks in P3 to artificially lengthen the time. Lots of long sequences and transitions. They should be ashamed. The main plot was missing for about 60 of those hours. Fuuka can shut up. "There's one enemy left!" The was only one enemy to start!

That said, it was worth playing once. I'm still cross with the game but it did have its moments. Just those moments were few and "VERY' far between.

Now, do I do the answer or continue 4?

Gettin' Old!

Yeah it might be a turn count thing, I don't recall a mother 'splosion attack neither.

Though I quite liked the post-game, it gave you a bit of closure to your Social Links which was nice.

I'd say go onto the Answer, back of the box claims it's 20 hours long, there's no social linking or day stuff just pure combat and story segments. Best to get it done while the ending of Persona 3 makes 'sense'.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Okay, tried first half hour of The Answer.

I am filled with the most overwhelming urge to strangle Metis.

Please trust me, Sister! Even though I tried to kill your friends, Sister. And I've been secretly living in the basement, Sister. The basement is so dusty it's practically a desert, Sister. Also, I am clearly hiding my story for why I know so much about the time desert in the basement, Sister. Also, screw logic, Sister. It's your fault I can't come up with a decent counter argument to your friends logic as to why I'm un-trust worthy, Sister. Is it all right if I call you sister, Sister?

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Okay, tried first half hour of The Answer.

I am filled with the most overwhelming urge to strangle Metis.

Please trust me, Sister! Even though I tried to kill your friends, Sister. And I've been secretly living in the basement, Sister. The basement is so dusty it's practically a desert, Sister. Also, I am clearly hiding my story for why I know so much about the time desert in the basement, Sister. Also, screw logic, Sister. It's your fault I can't come up with a decent counter argument to your friends logic as to why I'm un-trust worthy, Sister. Is it all right if I call you sister, Sister?

She get's worse

Oh the Answer missteps so hard in gameplay at one point it's why I put it down for months.

On Metis' plus side she has no weaknesses (or resistances) and gains some physical abilities and Garu and Bufu singular spells so she's ok for type coverage. On the downside she doesn't have any healing.

Though expect to have an overwhelming urge to strangle Yukari before long =D

Edit:

So finally beat The Answer. Beat Final boss with level 65-72 Ken Akihiko and Mitsuru was reasonably challenging, think I might've been underlevelled but in honesty I'd expected another dungeon since I had quite a level gap before I could summon Messiah.

Final boss was pretty creepy.
Ending involved too much Yukari, skipped her dialogue and spat curses at her.

Final verdict:

Answer is decent if you are looking for more P3 gameplay action, some decisions (or lackof) I felt were poorly handled in plot moments and Yukari gets too many lines but that's subjective. If you have P3: Fes it's a fine way to catch up. Otherwise I'd say go read a plot summary instead of buying it, chances are you probably had your fill of P3 dungeon crawling in the main game anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I just unlocked the Mall. The Answer has yet to prove to me that this is an origional game/addon. Absolutely nothing new aside from Metis, who I find to be the most unbearable personality. Rest of the party isn't doing much to move the plot forward. Also, unnammed male protagonist needs to know it's not track season. He can stop shadow-jogging now.

Does the Answer redeem itself at all?

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
I just unlocked the Mall. The Answer has yet to prove to me that this is an origional game/addon. Absolutely nothing new aside from Metis, who I find to be the most unbearable personality. Rest of the party isn't doing much to move the plot forward. Also, unnammed male protagonist needs to know it's not track season. He can stop shadow-jogging now.

Does the Answer redeem itself at all?

Sure it provides closure in the end. Though it's a little funny hearing you hate Metis' personality.

Everyone gets their own little-moment and there's some pretty decent boss fights. I'm afraid you'll probably continue to hate Metis' she does very little to redeem herself and just comes off as a little self-centred and obsessed.

Spoiler: Minor answer gameplay spoilers not really plot
Unfortunately I have to advise you to use Metis a little, you get some solo moments with her in the Answer and grinding alone to level her up is a pain.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 4 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station