Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 7[ 275 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Phoenix, 3DS) and PLvsAA in FamitsuTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Spoiler: Additional scans (thanks JapaneseGIRL)
Image Image Image Image

http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

Quote:
This week's Famitsu is a must for Ace Attorney fans. The magazine has looks at two Ace Attorney games: Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine says that Phoenix Wright is the main character. He has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game.

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle which Tales Source, which picked up the magazine in advance, says appears to indicate a November 29 release date for the game.

More as this develops.

UPDATE: The game takes place 1 year after Apollo Justice and is in full 3D. Working on translating the rest of the details. Eshiro (AAI) producer, Iwadare composer, Yamazaki director. Shuu Takumi does not seem to be involved.

Case one involves Phoenix defending a high-school age girl. The prosecutor is Payne's younger brother.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/archives/51975541.html

UPDATE 2: Andriasang summarizes:

Quote:
Tokyo Game Show attendees will get an early chance at playing Ace Attorney 5, as Famitsu reveals this week that the game will be playable at the event later this month. Capcom has prepared a fifteen minute demo, and will even reward those who line up with a special strap as a gift.

As we reported earlier, Famitsu confirms Ace Attorney 5 as a 3DS title featuring Phoenix Wright as the main character. The magazine also introduces a mysterious girl who wears yellow. She's a key person in the game, and will be properly introduced at Tokyo Game Show.

Ace Attorney 5 is set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4 and sees Phoenix Wright return to being a lawyer. The game's first chapter involves an explosion at the courthouse. The charged is a high school girl named Shinobu. She's very week and can go into spasms at any moment. In the courtroom, Wright will face off against Winston Payne's brother.

Famitsu has just three screenshots, but they hint at some new gameplay systems. Like Layton vs Ace Attorney, the game will have fully 3D characters. It appears that you'll be able to select to give certain facial expressions during testimony, as there are facial expression icons on the lower screen.

Based off the reports we're reading from people who get Famitsu in advance, Shu Takumi is not fully involved with Ace Attorney 5, as he's busy on Layton vs Ace Attorney. The magazine lists Motohide Eshiro as producer, Go Yamazaki as scenario director, and Noriyuki Iwadare on music.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Phoenix, 3DS) and PLvsAA in FamitsuTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Good. Phoenix is back where he belongs. Not sure how I should feel about this new partner, but I can't really complain because we've actually gotten details on the damn game. Looking forward to the future!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Personally I have no problem playing as Phoenix again, but I do hope that Apollo still has at least some kind of role in the new game.

I am eager to see a picture of that new girl in yellow. :D

Level Up! - Magican Girl Form!

YES! YES! YES!

In all seriousness, as excited as I am about the news of a return, Capcom has proven they don't give a damn about the AA franchise anymore outside Japan. They have done nothing to inspire my confidence (the iOS re-releases do not impress me much at all). PL vs AA will more than likely get localized thanks to Level-5 being in control, but I doubt we'll ever see a new AA game outside Japan again. :chinami:
Fanfic: Here!
Last Updated: 7/17/08
Idea, Art, and Discussion Post: Here!
OTHER STUFF PARI DOES:
Sprites: Here!
*Major thanks to Eduds for the sprites of Talia and Elissa!*

Self-proclaimed smart person.

I seriously hope this is not just a retcon for Apollo Justice. I'm fine with Phoenix as the main character, but if it's not post AJ, it's going to hurt my trust for the series unless it's done exceptionally well and with care.

Don't screw the AJ fans over, Capcom. There are people who like that game out there too.

In a more related note: YESSSS GS5 NEWS :gant:

Master of sharp things!

As excited as I am for this announcement, I do worry of what has become of Apollo. I suppose it's a tad early to wonder about that, but the fact he isn't mentioned at all is a bit surprising. That's not to say Phoenix shouldn't have the spotlight, but after all that happened to him in his life, would he really be so gun-ho to get back into law? I would be worried that public opinion would be too stacked against him to make a new career profitable.

As for his female partner in yellow, I wonder if she could be the replacement for Maya, now that she's busy being the master and all.

Also, it occured to me that perhaps this game doesn't have to take place after AA4. Is there any chance that this could take place between AA3 and AA4, like before Phoenix was disbarred? I haven't read the timeline in a while, so I'm not really sure on that front.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
As excited as I am for this announcement, I do worry of what has become of Apollo. I suppose it's a tad early to wonder about that, but the fact he isn't mentioned at all is a bit surprising. That's not to say Phoenix shouldn't have the spotlight, but after all that happened to him in his life, would he really be so gun-ho to get back into law? I would be worried that public opinion would be too stacked against him to make a new career profitable.

As for his female partner in yellow, I wonder if she could be the replacement for Maya, now that she's busy being the master and all.

Also, it occured to me that perhaps this game doesn't have to take place after AA4. Is there any chance that this could take place between AA3 and AA4, like before Phoenix was disbarred? I haven't read the timeline in a while, so I'm not really sure on that front.

Hopefully scans'll shed a little light on the timeline. It's possible it could take place between AA3 and AA4 - both AAI games do - but it's unlikely.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Gettin' Old!

And lo that night Pierre wept tears of joy and hugged his friends dearly.

Seriously I'm just happy we're getting AA5. Sure I'm sad about Apollo but given the talk going about lately I was worried the franchise would disappear onto iOS and I'd never see it.

Great Great night.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

pariah164 wrote:
YES! YES! YES!

In all seriousness, as excited as I am about the news of a return, Capcom has proven they don't give a damn about the AA franchise anymore outside Japan. They have done nothing to inspire my confidence (the iOS re-releases do not impress me much at all). PL vs AA will more than likely get localized thanks to Level-5 being in control, but I doubt we'll ever see a new AA game outside Japan again. :chinami:

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Capcom never forgot the AA franchise and if you're basing this absurd claim off the fact we still haven't gotten Investigations 2 then I'll just point you in the direction of Nick's inclusion in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Go have a conversation with some Megaman fans and you'll learn the meaning of true pessimism.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

:odoroki: I wasn't surprised at Phoenix being the star. And I am in love with the concept of a partner who isn't Maya. But what about Apollo!?

Still, this rocks.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

元・超会社員級の管理人

UPDATE: The game takes place 1 year after Apollo Justice and is in full 3D. Working on translating the rest of the details.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/archives/51975541.html

Quote:
プロデューサー「江城元秀」、シナリオディレクター「山崎剛」、音楽「岩垂徳行」
巧舟は今作には関わっていない模様
TGSの体験版は15分程度のもの、体験者に特製ストラップをプレゼント

主人公は成歩堂龍一、弁護士として再出発、設定は「4」から一年後の世界
胸元には「4」でかけていたロケットペンダントあり
新たなパートナーは黄色い服の謎の少女がいる、本作のキーパーソン、TGSで続報

3枚のスクリーンショットより新システムの一部が判明
対象人物の背後に何種類ものシルエットがあり、中央に「UPDATE」の文字
画面右上には法廷記録、画面左上には「つきとめる」の文字
証言中の画面四隅に表情アイコンがあり「おかしな表情を選ぶんだ」の表記

第一話は法廷が爆破される事件が発生
被告は女子高生の森澄しのぶで、体が弱くすぐ発作を起こす
成歩堂に立ちはだかるのは、亜内検事の実弟・亜内文武
法廷やキャラクターは全て3D化、裁判長ももちろん3D
シナリオのボリュームはこれまでとほぼ同じ

Wooster wrote:

Nice name, isn't it?

Oh happy day! This is the best news I've heard all day! :edgy:

Can't wait to play both AA5 and PLvsAA. :jake:
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

Level Up! - Magican Girl Form!

Blak The Great wrote:
I'll just point you in the direction of Nick's inclusion in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
And what does that show? 'Hey, look, we own the franchise! Let's put the main character in a fighting game so we can pretend we care about the fanbase! But we're not gonna give you any more games from it, and there's not a DAMN thing you can do about it!'

I'm just jaded about Capcom and most game companies in general. First the AAI2 thing, then the Megaman shafting, then the TWEWY debacle... I knew long ago that game companies stopped caring, but to see it get so blatant is disheartening.
Fanfic: Here!
Last Updated: 7/17/08
Idea, Art, and Discussion Post: Here!
OTHER STUFF PARI DOES:
Sprites: Here!
*Major thanks to Eduds for the sprites of Talia and Elissa!*

Deputy of Self-Esteem

According to GoNintendo, there's a puzzle on the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney page, if deciphered it gives the date for Japan, which would be the 29th of November. I've updated the Important Dates section of the front page, but haven't written a story since… well, a date is rather insubstantial and there's likely more to the story then that.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Will be updating the first post with details as I translate the block above, by the way.

Wooster wrote:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

For that, I'll double, no triple your pay!

This completely made my day!! So excited for Phoenix again! Wonder who the girl in yellow will be.. :shoe:

The cape is self-fluttering

So... a 34-year-old Phoenix... possibly "back in the game," so to speak? Hmmm... I really was hoping for something Apollo-centric, but I guess I'll reserve judgment until I hear more about this game.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

元・超会社員級の管理人

Andriasang updated with a better summary than I could do. Updating first post.

Also, scans are out somewhere.

Wooster wrote:

from 2ch
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... 3P0225.jpg

court-records.netになかなか繋がらないよ!
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.

OBJECTION!

http://i.imgur.com/msK8S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8r19D.jpg

The two scans. :phoenix:

EDIT: I don't know how I feel about the yellow clothed girl. Right now I am not digging her design, but that might change once we see her in different positions, and find out her personality.

Phoenix is looking better with his new design. A lot snazzier.

Payne's brother looks like he will be just like him. (He even looks just like him)

The girl who i am assuming is the school girl that he is defending, with the hat, looks like a nature lover. She has leaves in her hair and a pine cone on her bow.

Last edited by ApollozJustice on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
from 2ch
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... 3P0225.jpg

court-records.netになかなか繋がらないよ!

すみません、私たちのせいです。この情報を送ってみてくれて、どうもありがとうございます。

Wooster wrote:

ApollozJustice wrote:

EDIT: I don't know how I feel about the yellow clothed girl. Right now I am not digging her design, but that might change once we see her in different positions, and find out her personality.

Payne's son looks like he will be just like him. (He even looks just like him)

The girl who i am assuming is the school girl that he is defending, with the hat, looks like a nature lover. She has leaves in her hair and a pine cone on her bow.

not Payne's son. He is Payne's young brother.
日本在住の日本人。

Blah!

Ah... that bit of hair on Phoenix's forehead definitely works. Awesome. We'll need a new smiley for :phoenix: at some point!

I just hope that Apollo shows up somewhere (maybe even as a major character in a case, but I'd be ok with a minor character), and not like in AAI where Phoenix was never mentioned by name and never appeared, except for that easter egg. As long as he isn't thrown under the bus.

Oh, and I hope that CoA will look kindly on localizing this game. At least they know that the original PW series sold fairly well, right? It's different from AAI2, where they had a legitimate reason for thinking that it would be a financial failure. ESPECIALLY if PL vs. AA is a hit in the states (which I assume will come out first, right?).

EDIT: The forums are really being hammered by excited fans, huh?

Last edited by blahmoomoo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maya, dear, it's okay to come out of hiding now. Where are you?

PCHOOO

Aw I'm a bit disappointed that Apollo didn't get a second ga- wait is Phoenix wearing a vest?

:sparkly-maggey:

from 2ch
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... 341390.jpg

2重投稿消してくれてありがとうございます。
日本在住の日本人。

YES!!! So happy about this! I'm going to miss Apollo, but still this is awesome! I'm glad it's on 3DS, too.

Those pictures are pretty awesome, I love the slight changes they made to Wright.
I wonder if the new assistant has anything to do with any past characters? Anyway, I can't wait to hear more details. :phoenix:
Get hyped! :jazzedgy:

OBJECTION!

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
ApollozJustice wrote:

Payne's son looks like he will be just like him. (He even looks just like him)

not Payne's son. He is Payne's young brother.

You double posted, but that's just double fun! :phoenix:

OT: Thanks for the correction.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Replaced the front page of CR with a static HTML page. Forums seem much easier to browse now.

The cape is self-fluttering

Spoiler: *speculation time*
I honestly wonder if the girl in yellow is a returning character. I've narrowed it down to Pearl or Trucy, but I suppose it could be an entirely new character as well. I'm just not sure what her link to Phoenix is and *looks at JapaneseGIRL's link*

holy SHIIIIIIIIT Phoenix is sexy O_O

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The X makes it cool!

Huh, I like Phoenix's new design. The Superman-esque curl is a nice touch. I also love the fact that he has Trucy's locket in his suit jacket pocket.
The new girl looks interesting, she reminds me of Lynne from Ghost Trick.
Winston's brother looks... hilarious. I wonder why Winston isn't prosecuting though, considering Phoenix is coming back as a "rookie" again... Maybe Phoenix scared him off during 4-1. XD
Miss High School spasm girl has a cute design. I wonder what she looks like when she has said "spasms"...
The guy on the top right... looks really creepy... BUT I'M SURE HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EXPLOSION.
The top left picture... I *think* that's the courtroom after the explosion. Maybe the robot-man-thing was trying to break someone out...

Overall, looks awesome... Though, I'm saddened by the lack of Apollo. I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere in the game. Klavier too.

(EDIT:)
Phoenix looks awesome in court as usual... Though it looks like he hasn't changed that much due to his embarrassed look being back. >>
The judge and courtroom looks awesome, and so does Miss Luna (wouldn't be surprised if that was her name).

Last edited by FinalClipX on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Added two more scans to the first post - the one JapaneseGIRL posted above of Phoenix and another one of the assistant some snooping turned up.

Wooster wrote:

Master of sharp things!

Hmm... I feel a bit more at ease now that we have the scans, but it just raises more questions. What about Apollo (and his entourage)? Which trial system will we be using? I hope Capcom isn't just dropping the ball on that stuff, they've kept a very nicely knit continuity so far and it would be a waste to just revert to Phoenix and the Judge-only system like a bad retcon.

And for that matter, since we'll be facing Payne's younger brother, does that mean Payne himself has retired? I suppose his brother facing Phoenix would be an attempt at some kind of revenge. That could be interesting... though, if Payne was the "rookie crusher", I wonder what that makes the brother...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

The Rookie Crushie, maybe?

The rashness of youth. How charming.

This is so exciting!!! I'm really happy to see the return of Phoenix!
I am a fangirl and am not afraid to admit it! :D

Not enough hugs can be given as to this announcement, so I think I'll hug my computer screen... it's a bit flat...

Phoenix has the look of a hardened veteran of the court, Payne's younger brother looks like a mobster, and Apollo the new girl has a nice, inspired design.

Another nice thing about the screenshots is that they don't particularly jump out as 3D models, but almost look like as if they were 2D.

So Apollo's gone? The possibilities are endless as to what could have happened to him: on a journey of self-discovery (waiting to make an appearance in the last case), wanting a better-paying job, getting fired by Phoenix in favor of a new female sidekick, enlisting in the mafia, doing unseen grunt-work at the office...

Don't forget about Apollo.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Well. I'm going to bed/play Persona 4. I'll put the site back to normal in the morning.

OMG SO EXITED :)

I'm kind of conflicted between being happy that Phoenix is back in court, and being disappointed that Apollo's not the star. All in all though, it's a new game now let's just hope it get's localized. :)

1000% Knight

I feel so cOld

and darn it, Bolt, I'm sick of you translating everything before I can xP

As much as I love Phoenix, from a story standpoint I wish Polly could get some more love.

But it's for the 3DS, so I'm super-relieved about that, and after seeing how amazing they made GK2 I'm going to put my trust in them to make this game awesome too.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Page 1 of 7 [ 275 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes