Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 10 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
I imagine Snake was put in a room without someone else because he was blind, and he was put with Clover because they're brother/sister. I mean, he wouldn't even know his own number if Clover wasn't there. And while Santa and June are brother/sister, that's a secret; and, considering they masterminded the whole thing, they probably never "woke up" at all in the first place.

There aren't any explicit hints about it being Building Q rather than the ship (darn I forget its name xD), but when talking about the first Nonary Game, they mention how in order to add the element of danger they blew a hole in the ship and caused it to sink, which would make it very unlikely they were on that same ship :P
(Another thing, although this is really really subtle and perhaps intentional, but there wasn't a single line in the entire game about the ship rocking or anything. I just thought of it because I played 999 while on a boat... even in calm waters, when you walk down a long corridor, you're going to stumble one time or two; I thought it was a little strange that they didn't have one line about Junpei stumbling once due to the rocking of the boat.)

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I don't explicitly remember anything about rocking. But Junpie makes quite a few comments about the stress from the ocean the steel beams are under when they creak and moan. I presumed that meant they were at sea, as I cannot imagine a proper speaker system even remotely pulling that off convincingly.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Blah!

Of course, the creaking could have been simulated using hydraulic pistons that push against ship-sized steel beams. Maybe they even built the whole ship structure, then used the hydraulics on a part that's not accessible.

1000% Knight

Creaking sound =/= physically rocking

Blah!

Of course, I was just trying to give theories on how the creaking sounds worked.

It may be possible to create an internal structure of some sort that could be rocked (would be an engineering challenge), or even have a boat that's in a pool of water with a large wave generator (with a part that connects the exit to the ship to the outside of the building). But it still stands that rocking was never mentioned in the game.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler: Croik's Impressions
Croik
To be honest the only character I like at all so far is Santa. I'm kind of hoping Lotus will blow up, hahaha.

Wooster
She does get put in an electric chair...

Croik
Ohho, something to look forward to

Blah!

Sorry about the bump but...

Spoiler: Very, very minor spoiler
We need to make sure this doesn't turn into a real-life Nonary Game!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/30/world/asi ... index.html

For those who haven't seen it, there's a 999 art gallery up on CU. Warning: contains spoilers

Spoiler:
Young Lotus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prostitute Trying Too Hard Dancer Lotus

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
For those who haven't seen it, there's a 999 art gallery up on CU. Warning: contains spoilers

Spoiler:
Young Lotus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prostitute Trying Too Hard Dancer Lotus

Hmm. A lot of the concept art looks better then the ones they decided upon. Obviously I like Concept Lotus a TON better then belly dancer Lotus. But the alt versions of Santa, Snake, and Clover aren't bad at all. I think Junpie is the only one that I much prefer the game version over the concept.

Spoiler:
I'm actually thinking the alternate versions are how the characters looked nine years ago during the first Nonary Game. I don't have my game on me at the moment to check, but I'm pretty sure Concept Ace and Seven look the way they did in the flashbacks, Clover, Junpei, and June definately look younger, and I'm pretty sure I remember Lotus saying something about how she used to work in a lab or something similar, which would explain the long white jacket.

poor Lotus, Ace kidnapping your kids drove you to trade in your dignity for a bigger pair of knockers ;;

♡ Frilly Lolita Fairy ♡

aww *sigh* I'm late into the conversation obviously...
I love 999! I used to play it so much... I pretty much became obsessed (><). I thought about it so much I would'nt get much sleep. Sadly though stuff happened and I ended up losing it somewhere... so until I can get the game back I'm forever just wondering/guessing at things.
Spoiler:
I managed to get two endings
The first was the coffin ending (I think that's what it's called) and the second was the safe ending.

I'm guessing some of you have finished the game (gotten all of the endings)...I have some questions ^^"
Why was Snake dressed in the strange robe when he was saved from the coffin?
Does the robe he was wearing have some kind of significant meaning?
Are these questions answered by completing another different ending?

I have other questions but I think some might be answered in another ending.

Snake, Junpei, Santa and Clover were my favourite characters. Seven creeped me out...I also found June creepy for some reason. Lotus was annoying and I hated her outfit...or lack of it,though I found things she said interesting.

I love the artwork and concept sketches (。^‿^。) Very nice!

Last edited by .Fairy. on Mon May 28, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blah!

Spoiler:
The robe Snake was wearing doesn't have any significant meaning to the story that I know of, other than perhaps symbolism of "rising from the dead." But it's just something that a chaplain might wear.

You probably want to read the Answers section on the official website after finishing the True ending. It answers a lot of questions.

The topic for Virtue's Last Reward (the sequel to 999) is over here.

EDIT: True spoilers removed

Last edited by blahmoomoo on Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Actually,

Spoiler:
If memory serves, Snake comes out of the coffin in the Safe ending as well, so I'm guessing Fairy didn't get the true ending.

It's a shame you lost your copy of the game - hope you can track one down by the time VLR comes out this fall.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Blah!

Oops, removed potential spoilers for True then.

And your spoiler didn't work for some reason...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yeah, I fixed that real quick. I always forget it's [spoiler=] and not just [spoiler] if you're not providing a topic.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

♡ Frilly Lolita Fairy ♡

Thank you for the link to the other topic!
I really hope to get it back. The sequel looks interesting... but I'd like to finish the first game.

OBJECTION!

I just had a thought: (999 spoilers):

Spoiler:
Since Clover played the Nonary Game before, did she actually know Zero=June or was she trying to give Junpei clues when she says "I think... Zero is.. one of us"?
Its almost like Clover doesnt want to say it, and Junpei obviously seems shocked, even if June and Santa maybe acting
Also, when Santa says "The person you trust the most could turn out to be the one who stabs you in the back" I thought that was another clue that Zero was June (Junpei trusts her deeply) or maybe saying Ace was the villain as everyone trusted Ace
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler: Nonary Game 1
Possible, but she could also be referring to events that happened in the first game that she played. A traitor amongst the kids she was with. Unfortunately, we know the least about the events in Clover's Game 1.

Plus, if she 'really' knew, would she have gone Axe crazy? Why not just the guilty party?

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Maybe in VLR we will see more of Clover's past and what happened in the 1st Nonary Game, or maybe Ace was inspired by an even older experiment?

Spoiler: Epic Spoilers of Epicness
Was Clover even in the same group as June in the first Nonary game? I thought I remembered Snake being there, and that he and Clover were in seperate places.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler:
That's what I meant when I said we knew the least about Clover's game.

Ace, Snake, Seven, Lotus's Daughter, June, (and Mr. Top hat from VLR?) were all involved in one Nonary Game, while Clover was in the sister game.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Its surprising if Snake and Clover were seperated originally, since in Nonary Game 2, Clover is always Snake's eyes - talking about gambling/card terms here - Ace, Snake Eyes, Seven (Lucky Seven?). "Ace" could refer to "Ace in the pack" or "Ace in the hole" maybe? I think we might find out more about Clover's game.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Or even "Ace up his sleeve".

OBJECTION!

Indeed :D That too :)

1000% Knight

So I played through the Safe ending today (or to be more precise, I forced my friend to play and I watched xP) and I noticed...

Spoiler:
In Room 5, if you examine the lights, Junpei says something like "We have light!" and then Snake is like "waitwut?! ...nvm >_>" and I just thought that was funny xP

OBJECTION!

I found another beautiful 999 video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlTDt2AK ... re=related (Major spoilers)

Spoiler: True Ending.
Unrelated but....do we know why the bombs weren't planted the other players' stomachs? Past Akane loses her connection with Junpei in the incinerator, doesn't she? So, she wouldn't have known that the bombs were a bluff, which means she made the conscious decision to deviate from the "future that she had to recreate"?

Why did Akane change the incinerator so that the only way it would shut down was if the Q door was opened? I understand changing the value needed to open the door so Ace couldn't escape, but Junpei only just realised how to open the door in time. It seems very cruel to put them through that, especially since Akane is safe by this point.

Was Lotus suspicious of Ace? She doesn't seem the slightest bit upset when Ace "sacrifices" himself. I know she seems selfish, but she does seem to be a little depressed if Junpei agrees to hear her plan for sacrificing someone when they're searching for Snake, she volunteers to go into the electric chair, and offers to stay behind at one point. When Ace injects himself, Lotus seems to be feeling more sorry for Junpei than anything else.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Well, even if Akane didn't see that part about opening the watches, she knows that in none of the timelines, nobody besides the 9th man and whatshisface (the guy Ace thinks is Snake) get blown up, so there's no reason to put a bomb in anyone else.

Yeah I wondered about this one, too. Why have the incinerator operational at all? Junpei just needs to think the incinerator is going to turn on, to give him the inspiration/epiphany necessary to save little!Akane. I guess she's just a b-*shot*

Iunno, I'm not sure there's really evidence either way for this one. Wasn't she the one who proposed that they sacrifice someone? She has probably already mentally/psychologically prepared for it, and it's not like she had any special connection with anyone so that she would prefer it more/less if some other person was sacrificed.

I have a question about the last scene of the game.

Spoiler:
In the incinerator, Akane was lying in the corner and having a fever, but she disappeared later. Did she go through the door with Santa? Did I miss that or something? Also, how did Santa get out anyway?

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
I think either she just got better and quietly left, or Santa came and picked up her.

Also, June and Santa took over and prepared the entire building just for this Nonary Game. I don't think it would've been too hard for them to include another escape route for them to use to get out at the very end :P

Spoiler:
Ah yes, that really confused me at first, because I thought Akane disappeared and the twist was going to be something like "she didn't exist. Ever."
So when the twist was completely different, I was slightly confused.

OBJECTION!

I have a question myself:

Spoiler:
In the epilogue, when Akane tells the story about the bunnies, I thought Akane had killed them :o Knowing what I knew from the big reveal (that Zero=June) which made me go "HOLY SH....," she wasnt beyond being manipulative... anyone else think Akane/June killed them? :s I mean, it seemed odd to me that she just "found them" :o

1000% Knight

Um... I didn't o.O

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
She probably didnt kill them but who knows (she said it was some older kids or something?), I have a feeling her story may be important later on...

Blah!

Spoiler:
I HIGHLY doubt she killed those rabbits. Remember, she was doing the second nonary game to save herself from dying. I am pretty sure that outside of desperate situations like that, Akane is not going to be manipulative, at least not in such a destructive way. She didn't come off that way to me, at least.

At the very least, I can't see her murdering those rabbits. The only thing she could gain is more time with Junpei (guarding the rabbits), and that's a very weak reason when they were already in the same class and playing after school.

Killing the rabbits on accident and lying? More plausible, I guess, but her manipulation in the nonary game wasn't to hide something horrible that she had done. She didn't try to hide what the nonary game was from Junpei after she ensured that she would live (and secondarily got revenge on those who held the original game). What she did was horrible in a sense, but she didn't hide it in the end.

...I forgot. Were the rabbits killed by wolves or by humans?

If by humans with a knife or a similar one target weapon, it actually shouldn't be possible for Akane to accidentally kill all of the rabbits anyway. Unless she went on a blind rampage or something, but nothing in her character suggests mental instability.

If by wolves, then the bite marks would be telling that it wasn't a human's fault (...most likely). So it likely couldn't have been Akane in that case.

元・超会社員級の管理人

M-M-M-megabump.

So the game out of the blue got an HD re-release on iOS today.

http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/ssn-999/

Adds a flowchart and new visuals, but - oddly enough - removes the escape-the-room parts.

Wooster wrote:

Fate Testarossa

It removes the escape the room part? But those are the best parts! Weird.

Fate is made by クロス

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Artwork looks nice, but no puzzles?! Silly iOS.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Uchikoshi's been tweeting about it - apparently they removed the puzzles because they'd been getting comments like "the story looks interesting but I'm horrible at puzzles".

He's hoping for an English release by fall.

Wooster wrote:

Fate Testarossa

But... 999's puzzles were pretty easy. >_>

Fate is made by クロス
Page 10 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station