Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 1 of 3[ 82 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Persona RP: Signup and OOC ThreadTopic%20Title

Prolific Writer

*Ahem*

Mood Music

Welcome to the Velvet Room. This room is a space between dream and reality, mind and matter. Now then, why don't you introduce yourself?

Contract (Profile) Format:

Character's Full Name:
Appearance (if not a canon character):
Background:
Personality:
Weapon of Choice:

Persona Name:
Persona Arcana:
Persona Abilities (1 Main, 2 Sub):

Note: Canon characters from Persona 3 and 4 are selectable as long as they're still alive. The story is set three years after Persona 4.

Main Abilities:

Fire (Agi)

Ice (Bufu)

Electric (Zio)

Wind (Garu)

Dark (Mudo)

Light (Hama)

Physical Strikes

Sub Abilities:

Healing

Status Ailments (Pick Two: Anger, Fear, Charm, Confusion, Poison, Silence, Exhaustion)

Communication/Shadow Sense

Note: A Main Ability can substitute for a Sub Ability, but not visa versa. Almighty spells are also restricted for the time being.

Sample Bio:

Name: Teddie
Background: A denizen of the TV World, a world forged by thought, Teddie is a Shadow who gained a heart through the help of a group of humans. Three years ago, he helped his friends cleanse his world of an evil fog, which threatened to seep into the real world and turn everyone into Shadows. Now, his world is threatened again.

It started when seven Shadows mysteriously appeared in the TV World. These were no ordinary Shadows, though. They claimed to be masters of all other Shadows, and through a mysterious power, have caused time in the TV World to stop every hour. Although they could only be active during the time they themselves created, many Shadows have fallen in with their ranks, and carry on their will when they cannot. Bound by his promise to make sure his world remained safe, Teddie takes it upon himself to stand up to these mysterious Shadows.

Personality: Not much has changed with Teddie over the years. He's still the adorable (if somewhat annoying) wise-cracking loyal bear he always was.

Weapon of Choice: Claw

Persona: Kintoki-Douji
Persona Arcana: Star
Persona Abilities:

Main: Ice
Sub: Healing, Physical Strikes (with its Tomahawk Missile)
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Last edited by Little_Thief on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Persona RP: Signup and OOC ThreadTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Gonna bust out the non-game Persona, but it is a mythological figure.

Contract (Profile) Format:

Character's Full Name: Sunoya Takanichi
Appearance: Beefy fellow with a flat squashed nose from numerous punches to the face. Short Brown hair with a 'cows lick' fringe. Wears a blue denim jacked with the sleeves ripped off so it appears frayed and black trousers. Has a diagonal scar on his cheek.
Background: A member of Gekkoukan High boxing team often considered too slow to be in the top tiers often losing to the likes of Akihiko or the other top tiers after Akihiko left. Jokingly nicknamed 'The Sponge' because of how much damage he would soak up without landing a hit. Currently a Senior
Personality: Somewhat gentle and courteous especially to women, however because of his appearence and lack of eloquence often comes across as goofy and intimidating should he ever try and charm someone. In the ring Sunoya gets serious but sometimes loses his head when faced with something he can't quite accomplish or overcome.
Weapon of Choice: His fists (gauntlets and gloves)

Persona: Gilgamesh The Warrior King
Arcana: The Tower

Persona abilities:
Main: Mostly physical, can materialise a variety of weapons and multi-wield prefferring multi-hit attacks over single target ones.
Sub: Healing abilities
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Just another day.

Character's Full Name: Sho Hitsuma
Appearance: short brown hair ,grey eyes, tall average build, has afew cuts on his hands and arms. wears a regular white t-shirt with green pants.
Background: he was born and raised on a farm before he moved to the city where he now goes to Gekkoukan High split between his love for kendo and his duties in the agriculture club hes split between the two unable to put one or the other to the side...as a result has only shown little improvement skills in kendo and has shirked some of his duties in agriculture both sides pressuring him to quite the other.
Personality: nice, hardworking, due to his inebility to choose at times he often tends to cause problems for others.
Weapon of Choice: Sword and Sickle

Persona Name: Kuebiko
persona apperance:was looking for some gods of agriculture and this pic came up and decided on it.
Spoiler:

Persona Arcana: Moon
Persona Abilities:

Main Abilities:Ice
Sub Abilities:Physical

Gettin' Old!

Great picture of a persona Cold
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
Gonna bust out the non-game Persona, but it is a mythological figure.

Great! Honestly, I can think of several mythological figures off the top of my head that were never in the Shin Megami Tensei games. It's nice to see that form of creativity from you and Cold52. :edgy:

Both characters are approved. I'll wait for one more participant before we get started.
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Bump.

I figure with the increased traffic chance we may be able to get some RP'ers back.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Let's Player of Northern Proportions

Do you people want more experienced rp'ers or is a more inexperienced person like me okay?
We should rename TV remotes "Truths". So when a fat guy tries to get the remote, he's reaching out to the truth.

Gettin' Old!

minilnk wrote:
Do you people want more experienced rp'ers or is a more inexperienced person like me okay?

You are totally cool so long as you abide by the rules set for general roleplaying and the ones set by Little thief for this RP.

You're familiar with the Persona series right?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:

You are totally cool so long as you abide by the rules set for general roleplaying and the ones set by Little thief for this RP.

I have played FES and im looking around to get 4
We should rename TV remotes "Truths". So when a fat guy tries to get the remote, he's reaching out to the truth.

Gettin' Old!

minilnk wrote:
Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:

I have played FES and im looking around to get 4

Perfection! Rules are in the first post we'll probably get started once Little Thief and co return their attention
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:

Well said, Pierre. :edgy:

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join if they're interested and abide by the rules. Just write up a bio, and we can get this underway.
My Fanfiction

Right, let's write this bio up! I am using a non-game persona by the way. (As far as my knowledge goes.)
Character's Full Name:Nagoto Shrin
Appearance : A relatively tall fellow with broad shoulders, average weight. Red eyes. I cant really describe the hair too well so i have a picture along with the color Image
Background:Nagoto spent most of his early years in an old kendo school being home schooled and trained by his father, a renowned swordsmen. He now spends his time training in the kendo club at Gekkoukan High and sometimes attempts to showoff with moves he calls "stylish."
Personality:Mostly serious, seems generally cold around people that he doesn't know but seems like a completely different person when he hangs out with friends. When going against someone in kendo, he is relentless and would do anything to win.
Weapon of Choice:Katana

Persona Name:Kageki
Spoiler:

Persona Arcana:Devil
Persona Abilities
Main:
Fire
Sub:
Dark

Gettin' Old!

Sick looking Persona bro, is it mythological? What is it if so?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

No it is not mythological. I was just using google translate with random words when i saw Kageki, thought it was good enough and started looking for images of it.

Gettin' Old!

minilnk wrote:
Pierre wrote:

No it is not mythological. I was just using google translate with random words when i saw Kageki, thought it was good enough and started looking for images of it.

Ah well what does it mean then?

I sent Cold a PM to get him back, apparently he last signed on this morning so hopefully shouldn't be too long if you want to go start up the actual thread Little Thief.

P.S. Since folks are busting out images figured I should get one.

Spoiler:

He is not limited to just the weapons shown here mind.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Ah well what does it mean then?

I sent Cold a PM to get him back, apparently he last signed on this morning so hopefully shouldn't be too long if you want to go start up the actual thread Little Thief.

P.S. Since folks are busting out images figured I should get one.

Spoiler:

He is not limited to just the weapons shown here mind.
It's Japanese for "Shadow Demon" and i liked the fact you used Gilgamesh for your persona, I find him awesome in any FF game that he is in.

Prolific Writer

Considering that Caesar, Artemisia, Lucia, Tomoe, and Yoshitsunie got a free pass (they're historic, not mythological), I guess this is alright as well. Character approved!

Now, just hang on for a bit while I get the thread set up.
My Fanfiction

Last edited by Little_Thief on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gettin' Old!

Confused as to how it should start, are we all together all apart? is the world in chaos?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Confused as to how it should start, are we all together all apart? is the world in chaos?

I think we should be all together, I mean we all go to Gekkoukan High so that sort of makes sense.

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:

Well, since you're all in Gekkokan High School, I think that would be a good place to start. The Masters of All Shadows have just started to make their move, so unless your characters are paying very close attention to the news (a few disappearances that resolve themselves within the day), all you have is an uneasy feeling that something's amiss. It's not full-blown chaos yet, but it will be.

I'll be sure to edit this into the backstory, as it is an important point. Sorry for not mentioning it before. :-P

As for together or apart, that's up to you guys.

Also, since you have Personas, I would presume that you all have at least some background knowledge of the events prior, meaning once things get started, you can piece it together quite easily.
My Fanfiction

Little_Thief wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Well, since you're all in Gekkokan High School, I think that would be a good place to start. The Masters of All Shadows have just started to make their move, so unless your characters are paying very close attention to the news (a few disappearances that resolve themselves within the day), all you have is an uneasy feeling that something's amiss. It's not full-blown chaos yet, but it will be.

I'll be sure to edit this into the backstory, as it is an important point. Sorry for not mentioning it before. :-P

Also, since you have Personas, I would presume that you all have at least some background knowledge of the events prior, meaning once things get started, you can piece it together quite easily.

We already awoken to our Persona's? I don't know why but i feel that it doesn't make much sense to me, yeah i could imagine us being awake during the Dark Hour or even seen a couple incidents on the Midnight Channel but for some reason I can't seem to imagine the fact that we already have our Persona's, but that's probably just me.

Gettin' Old!

minilnk wrote:
Little_Thief wrote:
Pierre wrote:

We already awoken to our Persona's? I don't know why but i feel that it doesn't make much sense to me, yeah i could imagine us being awake during the Dark Hour or even seen a couple incidents on the Midnight Channel but for some reason I can't seem to imagine the fact that we already have our Persona's, but that's probably just me.

*shrugs* P3 doesn't really give people an 'awakening' that only becomes a thing in P4. Most people just develop Persona's in the Dark Hour when they need to defend themselves.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:

*shrugs* P3 doesn't really give people an 'awakening' that only becomes a thing in P4. Most people just develop Persona's in the Dark Hour when they need to defend themselves.

Once again, well said Pierre.

Actually, if you don't want to start out with your Persona, you can (again, something I should've mentioned earlier. Sorry. :sillytrucy: ). It's just going to be that much more difficult for you when things get heated up.
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Little_Thief wrote:
Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:

Actually, if you don't want to start out with your Persona, you can (again, something I should've mentioned earlier. Sorry. :sillytrucy: ). It's just going to be that much more difficult for you when things get heated up.

I'd start but Cold42 hasn't showed up yet and we need at least 3 people way I see it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

Pierre wrote:
I'd start but Cold42 hasn't showed up yet and we need at least 3 people way I see it.

sorry about that...you see life's been a little hectic this past week...and unfortunately im gonna have too drop out of this RP...since ill be gone without any internet for about 2 monthes. D:

Prolific Writer

Cold52 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

sorry about that...you see life's been a little hectic this past week...and unfortunately im gonna have too drop out of this RP...since ill be gone without any internet for about 2 monthes. D:

I see. Well, we'll keep the light on for you should you reconsider.
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Cold52 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Ouch ok man no worries.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Little_Thief wrote:
Pierre wrote:
minilnk wrote:

Yeah i would like it if i didn't start out with my Persona just yet, mainly because through my character's back story, he has a dark past (i'll leave it to you to figure out where) that he blocks out in his mind self-consciously (That may or may not be the correct term) that his shadow would bring back out, if that's possible at all. If not im fine with just having my Persona at the start.

Gettin' Old!

You want to do a Persona 4 awakening moment?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Yes.

Gettin' Old!

minilnk wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yes.

Err alright, might be difficult to orchestrate but sure I guess.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Awakenings like that are fine. Just a few conditions:

1. You design what your Shadow looks like. After all, it's part of your character.

2. The Shadow's abilities should mirror your Persona.

3. We have to arrange some sort of agreement on how to conduct the battle.
My Fanfiction

Little_Thief wrote:
Awakenings like that are fine. Just a few conditions:

1. You design what your Shadow looks like. After all, it's part of your character.

2. The Shadow's abilities should mirror your Persona.

3. We have to arrange some sort of agreement on how to conduct the battle.

Not a problem.

Yeah sorry for not coming in yet i just don't know where to come in :gant: .

Prolific Writer

minilnk wrote:

That's alright. For this scene, it's pretty simple. You could have Nagoto walk by Egiwa and Sunoya as they're having their conversation. Any inner monologue you want to have about your character's situation or the weird goings-on is a plus.

Actually, if things go a certain way, you might be coming in at the perfect time. :godot:
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Little_Thief wrote:
minilnk wrote:

That's alright. For this scene, it's pretty simple. You could have Nagoto walk by Egiwa and Sunoya as they're having their conversation. Any inner monologue you want to have about your character's situation or the weird goings-on is a plus.

Actually, if things go a certain way, you might be coming in at the perfect time. :godot:

Or he could live at the dorm?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Little_Thief wrote:
minilnk wrote:

Or he could live at the dorm?

Living at the dorm is a good idea, also the walking by is a good idea since Nagoto likes to train at a nearby training centre and would have to walk by Sunoya's home

When punching won't work, use the TRUTH!

Hm...I would love to join (and I will) but may I ask a quick question; Is it possible for someone to start out without a persona, and have a Shadow? If not. that's fine.

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Hm...I would love to join (and I will) but may I ask a quick question; Is it possible for someone to start out without a persona, and have a Shadow? If not. that's fine.

Yeah it's possible, that happens to be what im doing. There is a few things that have to be done which can be referred to from somewhere on this thread.

When punching won't work, use the TRUTH!

Ah, great! Is there a specific part of the Contract/Character Sheet that needs to be filled out too, or is that something that must be discussed with Little_Thief?
Page 1 of 3 [ 82 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads