Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 34 posts ]

Layton vs AA Famitsu (Oct 18th)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Sorry for the blurry pictures, I'm running late for classes as is, so don't have time to retake them ^^'

The very, very short version: the article is about the first moments of the game. Both Layton (and Luke) and Nick (and Maya) get sucked up by a mysterious book while in London. They end up in a medieval-esque world that seems to be the world described in the book.

During a parade of the Stoyteller, soldiers hand out pieces of paper with a horrible story concerning a witch on it. Which surprises the inhabitants of the world, because everything the Storyteller writes down, becomes true.

Regarding puzzles, it's possible that the puzzles are contradictory, allowing the player to object to the puzzels themselves!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Layton vs AA Famitsu (Oct 18th)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Awesome! Thanks for the photos, Ash!

Puzzles that can be objected to, eh? Sounds like the crossover’s going a bit beyond the storyline level! I wonder if we'll see Layton gameplay pop up in court as well...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Oh ho ho ho, looking interesting! This will bump up the difficulty, with people not knowing if the puzzle can be answered, or if it's meant to be objected to!

Loving what i'm seeing so far :pearl:

:shoe:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Bolt Storm wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for the photos, Ash!

Puzzles that can be objected to, eh? Sounds like the crossover’s going a bit beyond the storyline level! I wonder if we'll wind see Layton gameplay pop up in court as well...

I'm reminded of the card game between future Luke and Layton. Makes me a bit giddy that that will become a gameplay mechanic.

But puzzles in the court house… I presume that'd be like solving evidence, sort of like Edgeworth's logic mode. You've got dud evidence, but if you fiddle around with it… EUREKA!
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Gettin' Old!

The more I see the less I know the more I like to let it go the more I think the Knight Prosecutor is an alternate reality Klavier.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
The more I see the less I know the more I like to let it go the more I think the Knight Prosecutor is an alternate reality Klavier.

I second this! (Have you seen this post?)

Do we know the prosecutor's name yet? It seems like there's a little blurb on him in this week's scans, so I was curious to know if his name was mentioned. :3

Wow, "objecting to puzzle's?" Sound's cool.

Wonder if there will be puzzles in the courtroom segments as well. :yuusaku:

Popo-Licious wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Do we know the prosecutor's name yet? It seems like there's a little blurb on him in this week's scans, so I was curious to know if his name was mentioned. :3

I maybe wrong but I think hes name is Jeekins or somthing like that

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Pierre wrote:

May he burn at the stake, in place of the witch. :grey: (If that's true, that is.)

Programmer

I repeat: "You've got contradictions in my puzzles!" "You've got puzzles in my contradictions!" The ideas are incredibly obvious. I called it the very moment I heard about this game. But they are still awesome.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Ash wrote:
The very, very short version: the article is about the first moments of the game. Both Layton (and Luke) and Nick (and Maya) get sucked up by a mysterious book while in London.

I thought the first moments of Phoenix in London were that trial?

Anyway good to see some news after all and I hope the home page gets an update as well.

Ash wrote:
Regarding puzzles, it's possible that the puzzles are contradictory, allowing the player to object to the puzzels themselves!

Is this referring to the bottom screenshots on the 4th page? I guess you can only object to very specific puzzles and not to the "every day puzzles" they encounter during investigation.

OBJECTION!

The idea of puzzles that can be objected to sounds really interesting and certainly turns the difficulty up a few notches.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Thanks for the photos! I will try to read when I get time!

As for Jeeken, I think he is meant to be made up of all non-evil Prosecutors Nick ever faced. He's got a "blade" for "Edgeworth", a weapon like Franziska and looks like Klavier. Furthers the idea that Labyrinth City is written by their own subconciousnesses even more... (Though that doesn't explain the Klavier-ness. If Nick had met him already, he'd be disbarred.)

SilentBobX wrote:
Pierre wrote:

May he burn at the stake, in place of the witch. :grey: (If that's true, that is.)

I find that comment very unecessary. It's not Klavier's fault his only appearance was in the game with the rushed script. He's a good characters and has a lot of fans, I assure you. :yuusaku:

I find the idea of objecting to puzzles awesome! I liked it ever since it was first brought up in these very forums! :edgy: And yeah, I hope there will be puzzles during the court segments. Would add to the courtroom madness~

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Neni wrote:
And yeah, I hope there will be puzzles during the court segments. Would add to the courtroom madness~

Yes, they could be a nice addition. However in order not to ruin the pace of the trials there shouldn't be too many puzzles and they need to be rather short and have to fit the circumstances.
So, please no sliding blocks puzzles to simulate how Phoenix tries to get a piece of evidence out of the court record. :lana:

But it would be great if they were to expand the concept of the 1-5 trials, e.g. where you had to connect the dots to show Ema'S name written in blood or where you turn/rotate the vase to look like the Blue Badger.

Lusankya wrote:
Neni wrote:
And yeah, I hope there will be puzzles during the court segments. Would add to the courtroom madness~

Yes, they could be a nice addition. However in order not to ruin the pace of the trials there shouldn't be too many puzzles and they need to be rather short and have to fit the circumstances.
So, please no sliding blocks puzzles to simulate how Phoenix tries to get a piece of evidence out of the court record. :lana:

But it would be great if they were to expand the concept of the 1-5 trials, e.g. where you had to connect the dots to show Ema'S name written in blood or where you turn/rotate the vase to look like the Blue Badger.

Exactly, that's what I mean.

...Seriously, if Layton demands me to "slide" Nick's evidence out or into court during a crucial moment, there will be a casualty: My 3DS. :yogi:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

OBJECTION!

Lusankya wrote:

Those are excellent ideas and I hope we see more of those, if they dont only do Layton style puzzles. :pearl:
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

迷探偵

Alpha Attorney wrote:
Popo-Licious wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I maybe wrong but I think hes name is Jeekins or somthing like that

I totally should have seen this earlier: the prosecutor's name is Lord Jiiken Burnrod. Yes, Jiiken, as in kenji (prosecutor) in reverse. =_=
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

Popo-Licious wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's pretty interesting though I'd really like to know the design process for this character to see if they did use those concept arts as inspiration.

Also knowing Jiiken is literally Prosecutor backwards also kinda lends to the subconscious theory a bit if you asked me.

On other notes this 'contradictions in puzzles' things sounds interesting though mighty devious if there is a puzzle that can't be solved because of a contradiction. *imagines objecting to every puzzle just to check if it's got a contradiction*.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Programmer

Obviously the option won't be there all the time. And objectioning incorrectly will obviously lead to a punishment. Like say, a permanent picarat deduction.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

元・超会社員級の管理人

The official site's updated as well now!

http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system/advStory.html
http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system/advCity.html
http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system/advMystery.html
http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system ... Story.html

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Programmer

It looks less and less likely that we can go a game without someone being accused of murder.

Breakdown

Shouting at puzzles? All the win..man I hope localization only takes a year or so.

OBJECTION!

Did anyone notice this? When the blonde girl (Mohame?) is dressed like a normal person, her eyes look weird.

http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/character/05.html

Blah!

ApollozJustice wrote:
Did anyone notice this? When the blonde girl (Mohame?) is dressed like a normal person, her eyes look weird.

I think one of the trailers tries to point this out like the website seems to, with the establishing shot from far and then a closeup of her face. Something's definitely off there...

blahmoomoo wrote:
ApollozJustice wrote:

I think one of the trailers tries to point this out like the website seems to, with the establishing shot from far and then a closeup of her face. Something's definitely off there...

It's weird, because in the prologue video for the case in London, Mahoney's eyes look normal and she is wearing her artwork attire. Then in the defendant lobby she is wearing school clothing? And her eyes, don't hold my word on this, but i'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that she is being controlled? That's what those eyes usually mean in anime anyway..

EDIT: Oh, i'd thought i'd ask this too, when do Famitsu usually publish game review scores in relation the the game release?

irishmarcoos wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
ApollozJustice wrote:

It's weird, because in the prologue video for the case in London, Mahoney's eyes look normal and she is wearing her artwork attire. Then in the defendant lobby she is wearing school clothing? And her eyes, don't hold my word on this, but i'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that she is being controlled? That's what those eyes usually mean in anime anyway..

She's definitely mind controlled or something like that. You can see how it happens during the Layton demo.
How old is Mahoney supposed to be? When I first saw her, I estimated her to be older than Maya (early twenties), but seeing her in her school clothes she seems to be more like 16 or 17?

You need to remember that Maya is canonially too short and youthful for her age, something that's been mentioned several times in the series. Given that she looks about the same age as Trucy, who is fifteen, you can assume that to in-Universe people, Maya looks like she was in her mid-teens. Meaning that Mahoney looking older than her doesn't mean much. I estimate Mahoney being 17, 18 years at most.

The Real Human Being

One of these days I'm going to invest/invent a pair of fan-gasming pants, so that when I get "exited" it's not so damn uncomfortable.

From @LEVEL5_times:

明日10/20(土)発売の「オトナファミ」(エンターブレイン)にて、『レイトンブラザーズ・ミステリールーム』の紹介記事が掲載!また、『レイトン教授VS逆転裁判』紹介記事内には、逆転裁判パートのディレクターであるカプコン巧さんのインタビューが掲載されます!

Apparently part of an interview with Takumi will be in a magazine tomorrow?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Is that a part of the famitsu pages that were leaked the other day? Irregardless, I'm curious what he has to say. Anyone able to clarify?

Wooster wrote:
Is that a part of the famitsu pages that were leaked the other day? Irregardless, I'm curious what he has to say. Anyone able to clarify?

My Japanese isn't so good, but i believe it says that the "otonafami" magazine is on sale tomorrow (20th Oct), and there's something to do with Layton Brothers in it aswell...

迷探偵

Oh great, I was wondering whether the article in OtonaFami tomorrow would include some real content (as it was going to be a mystery-oriented issue and they did mention GS in the advertisements). Apparently there will be an interview with Takumi there (and a Mystery Room article). And there will be a GS5 interview in Nintendo Dream tomorrow too.

Nintendo Dream is rather expensive IIRC, so unless the contents are really interesting, I don't think I'll purchase that one. Will flip through it though if no scans / photo's pop up tomorrow. Same with OtonaFami (though I might buy that one, as it also has other mystery-related articles).

Deputy of Self-Esteem

How much would they cost you? Would you like me to talk to Croik about wiring some PayPal funds your way?

迷探偵

Hosoboso twittered that there's a Layton vs. AA poster included with Nintendo Dream, so I'll probably buy it anyway ^^' Thanks for the offer though.

And now to get some breakfast and reading materials :3
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes