Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 2 of 3[ 82 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Persona RP: Signup and OOC ThreadTopic%20Title

Let's Player of Northern Proportions

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Ah, great! Is there a specific part of the Contract/Character Sheet that needs to be filled out too, or is that something that must be discussed with Little_Thief?

The Contract should be filled out like the template at the first post. You should probably talk to Little_Thief about the whole shadow deal if that's what you meant about that.
We should rename TV remotes "Truths". So when a fat guy tries to get the remote, he's reaching out to the truth.

When punching won't work, use the TRUTH!

Okay then, I'll PM him about it..

Character's Full Name: Hitoshī Sakamoto
Appearance: Hitoshī is pretty short for his age, standing at about 5'6", with blonde hair that's slightly curled to his right in the front. His skin is somewhat pale and rough, with a few scars on his arm because of a supposed fight he once got int (though it was really just his cat scratching him up a bit). His eyes are a dull green, and his face usually has a determined and rock hard expression. He mainly wears a grey suit with a black tie and shirt underneath, along with black boots. He stands straight with his hand usually clasped together behind his back.
Background: As a kid, his parents always told him to "be as best he can be" and "reach for the stars". A bit corny, maybe, but ever since they both passed on, he was determined to take those words to his grave. So, living with his grandparents, he grew up to be one of those bossy and snooty kids, who must always be the boss of everything. None of the kids or parents did anything about this, and so, as time went on...
Personality: As he got older, he became to think of himself as the boss of everyone, ordering people not only his age and younger, but also adults who were a few years older than him or not that important (never to his grandparents, of course; only the utmost respect for them). Of course, those adults that are older or have a more refined career he more or less sucks up to when they're around, and talk down to behind their backs. He does have a secret soft side, though, but doesn't let it show when others are around. Oh, and he has an almost irrational fear of cats and spiders.
Weapon of Choice: Dual Knives

Persona Name: Yurushi
Persona Arcana: Hanged Man
Persona Abilities (1 Main, 2 Sub): Hama, Fear, Shadow Sense

If something's out of place, please forgive me.

Prolific Writer

The bio looks fine. Just one question: Does he go to Gekkoukan or Yasogami? It might be easier with the former, because that's where our other two characters are, but it's your choice.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Hm...I'll choose Gekkoukan, then. Since there are more characters there for him to interact with.

Prolific Writer

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Hm...I'll choose Gekkoukan, then. Since there are more characters there for him to interact with.

Alright then. Feel free to jump in at any time. Just be sure to read the rules in the first post of the thread. :edgy:
My Fanfiction

Okay! Also, I sent you a PM about Hitoshi's awakening...Also, might not be able to post till tomorrow. Kinda late where I am.

Prolific Writer

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
((Yes, hi, I'd like to make a post but have a quick few questions, sorry; Do people without Personas see the shadows and where would everyone be right now? I'm a bit busy to read the posts right now :payne: ))

The first question I'm not going to answer, because that'll be giving the game away. :godot:

Everyone right now is inside Gekkoukan High, in the hallway.
My Fanfiction

Huh? But how is knowing whether a character can see an important part of the plot "giving the game away"?..
Not trying to sound rude, of course.

Prolific Writer

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Huh? But how is knowing whether a character can see an important part of the plot "giving the game away"?..
Not trying to sound rude, of course.

No offense taken.

You're right, this is an important plot detail. And that's exactly why I'm withholding the answer. Think of it like this. If everyone could see Shadows, there'd be massive panic, right? Well, right now, there isn't massive panic, at least not yet. Now you, as the player, have a mystery on your hands: Why? And honestly, it's not fun for anyone if I solve the mystery for you.

Depending on how things go, you may have your answer sooner than you think. In the meantime, read over the story thus far, and see if you can't figure out things yourself. If you're still stumped, PM me and I'll give you another hint.
My Fanfiction

Ooh, a mystery! Love mysteries! I'll look over the posts a bit, hopefully I'll get done what I'm working on soon!

Gettin' Old!

Little_Thief wrote:
TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
((Yes, hi, I'd like to make a post but have a quick few questions, sorry; Do people without Personas see the shadows and where would everyone be right now? I'm a bit busy to read the posts right now :payne: ))

The first question I'm not going to answer, because that'll be giving the game away. :godot:

Psst....as the first poster I had envisioned the scene taking place in Sunoya's house.....
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Oh..? Well it seems Little_Thief made it out to be at the dorms near the school...So, which is it?

Gettin' Old!

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Oh..? Well it seems Little_Thief made it out to be at the dorms near the school...So, which is it?

Lets just do a second retcon of my actions at the start. It takes place in the school right now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ah, okay then. Also, can someone possibly make a post over at the thread..? I'm not sure if double posting's allowed here or not, so I don't wanna risk it by posting without knowing right now.

Gettin' Old!

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Ah, okay then. Also, can someone possibly make a post over at the thread..? I'm not sure if double posting's allowed here or not, so I don't wanna risk it by posting without knowing right now.

You can edit posts but I'm about to post so just go after me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
Little_Thief wrote:
TruthHurts2.0 wrote:

Psst....as the first poster I had envisioned the scene taking place in Sunoya's house.....

Whoops! My bad. Might've helped to establish that, though. Um, disregard what I said about the location. :sillytrucy:
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Egiwa and Takanichi are Seniors, I don't think they can be called Kohai by Sakamoto officially, at least not without offence.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Again, Hitoshi thinks he is above all others, so he usually calls everyone Kohai. Also, are we not in the dorms? I have officially gotten confused now :meekins:

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
(I was going to class so timeskip....do you want this big reveal to happen now?)

It wasn't my original intention, but considering how I never mentioned kidnappings, that was the most logical response to Nagoto's question. I say we see how minilnk deals with this, though I highly doubt I'm going to be stringing you guys along for much longer. :godot:

If for whatever reason you want to continue the time skip anyway, I'll try to think of something for you. And I'll plan something for TruthHurts2.0, of course.
My Fanfiction

Thank you, I'd like to keep Hitoshi in the dark until his awakening. Also, you guys can just call me Truth.

Little_Thief wrote:
Pierre wrote:
(I was going to class so timeskip....do you want this big reveal to happen now?)

It wasn't my original intention, but considering how I never mentioned kidnappings, that was the most logical response to Nagoto's question. I say we see how minilnk deals with this, though I highly doubt I'm going to be stringing you guys along for much longer. :godot:

If for whatever reason you want to continue the time skip anyway, I'll try to think of something for you. And I'll plan something for TruthHurts2.0, of course.

Basically threatening Egiwa and trying to trick him to see if he knew anything about Sunoya... Perfect! Just as planned! :gant: I was going to mention the news to calm Egiwa down, but then i thought that the story should just move along for now instead of being stringed.
TruthHurts2.0 wrote:
Thank you, I'd like to keep Hitoshi in the dark until his awakening. Also, you guys can just call me Truth.

B-but TruthHurts2.0 just looks awesome with the whole thing... But if that's how you want it, I guess we can call you Truth... :sadshoe:
We should rename TV remotes "Truths". So when a fat guy tries to get the remote, he's reaching out to the truth.

So wait, since it's about to be the Inactive Hour, (according to your rules) would Egiwa still be able to throw Nagoto into the TV world? I just need to clarify.

Prolific Writer

minilnk wrote:
So wait, since it's about to be the Inactive Hour, (according to your rules) would Egiwa still be able to throw Nagoto into the TV world? I just need to clarify.

Yes, he would. It's only Shadows that cannot traverse between worlds during the Inactive Hour.
My Fanfiction

Prolific Writer

Alright, Pierre. I was kinda hoping that the lecture would be more interactive, but it appears Sunoya not doing his homework has come back to bite him. I can either give you a crash course on Gilgamesh, or have a Shadow disrupt the lecture (remember, in the Inactive Hour you cannot use your Persona in the real world). Either way, I think we need to move on with the plot. Your thoughts?
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Little_Thief wrote:
Alright, Pierre. I was kinda hoping that the lecture would be more interactive, but it appears Sunoya not doing his homework has come back to bite him. I can either give you a crash course on Gilgamesh, or have a Shadow disrupt the lecture (remember, in the Inactive Hour you cannot use your Persona in the real world). Either way, I think we need to move on with the plot. Your thoughts?

XD Sure either or. The Epic of Gilgamesh is REALLY long (hence Epic) forgive me for not doing the homework. I'm aware he goes to save his friend Enkidu from the underworld and was a lecherous king who demanded he slept with everyone's wife before they did and so the gods sent Enkidu the Wildman to sort him out but they fought and became friends.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is the tower to Nagoto right now? If i decide to go around it will Shadows be around the area so he will be forced to go inside or will it lead to safety? I'll understand if you want to keep it a secret though.

Prolific Writer

minilnk wrote:
On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is the tower to Nagoto right now? If i decide to go around it will Shadows be around the area so he will be forced to go inside or will it lead to safety? I'll understand if you want to keep it a secret though.

Use your own judgement. Keep in mind, I said the Shadows behind you are keeping pace, not gaining. And yes, what awaits inside the tower is a secret. :godot:
My Fanfiction

Little_Thief wrote:
minilnk wrote:

Use your own judgement. Keep in mind, I said the Shadows behind you are keeping pace, not gaining. And yes, what awaits inside the tower is a secret. :godot:

Against my better judgement... When i get home today, i'll have him go inside the tower.

Prolific Writer

Sorry for being AWOL this past week. It's a long story that I hope I will never have to go through ever again. :larry:

I'll probably have a response for the past RPs up by tomorrow. Right now, I just need some time to recover and catch up.
My Fanfiction

Quote:
((Oops, sorry for not replying for a while! I'll get one in a bit later!))

Yes hurry, i'm eager to see what happens Truth.

Gettin' Old!

Hey little thief.

I understand I misread the rules about active/inactive hour but doesn't making it done by page length instead of actual time seem a bit silly. This battle is gonna be "stall stall stall stall oh new page" Persona.

Also I hardly think it's fair that Shadows can assume forms (given the similar nature of Persona's and shadows) but Persona's can't appear.

I'll admit I am largely swayed by the fact that Bronze dice are IMMUNE to striking damage, and Sunoya's non-Persona weapon of choice is his fists....so he's locked in a fight he can't really win.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
Hey little thief.

I understand I misread the rules about active/inactive hour but doesn't making it done by page length instead of actual time seem a bit silly. This battle is gonna be "stall stall stall stall oh new page" Persona.

Also I hardly think it's fair that Shadows can assume forms (given the similar nature of Persona's and shadows) but Persona's can't appear.

I'll admit I am largely swayed by the fact that Bronze dice are IMMUNE to striking damage, and Sunoya's non-Persona weapon of choice is his fists....so he's locked in a fight he can't really win.

Yeah, honestly, I'm not all that in-tune with Shadow stats. I didn't know the Bronze Dice was immune to striking damage. I just thought it was the weakest of the Dice Shadows. This is actually a problem I did not foresee, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Actually, you just gave me an idea to even the playing field! During the Inactive Hour, the Shadows do not have their normal resistances. Anything can hurt them. They still change form, but the form is incomplete, just as your Persona summon was. I'll update this into the rules right away.
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Voila

Yeah normally I wouldn't have given two thoughts about resistances but since you mentioned a specific kind by name I thought I should pay attention. Then I saw it was immune to strike and thought it was intentional.

Can you give me a brief description of the hall they are fighting in, just in case there's anything I could use.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
Voila

Yeah normally I wouldn't have given two thoughts about resistances but since you mentioned a specific kind by name I thought I should pay attention. Then I saw it was immune to strike and thought it was intentional.

Can you give me a brief description of the hall they are fighting in, just in case there's anything I could use.

Think the main foyer in Persona 3, with a big screen TV in place of the Command Center.
My Fanfiction

Hey, my laptop broke recently so i won't be able to post as much. I'll try to when I'm at school but i probably can't. :sadshoe:

Gettin' Old!

We need more people anyway since Truth Hurts has dropped out
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

I actually tried to get more people to join, but sadly almost all of the people that i told about it either didn't like to RP or they never even heard about Persona so they wouldn't want to.

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:

Or as a patient optimist like me would put it, disappeared unexpectedly. Didn't I set a rule to avoid this kind of thing? :yuusaku:

Anyway, what about any of the guys who post on the Persona thread in the Video Games section? Would any of them be interested?
My Fanfiction

Prolific Writer

Oh, I forgot to mention something about Other Self Shadows. If there isn't a major encounter going on (such as a battle with one of the Masters of All Shadows), then your Shadow can appear at any time. Just throwing that out there, because I felt Nagoto's question was directed at me as much as it was directed at Devil.
My Fanfiction

Prolific Writer

minilnk wrote:
((You want me to be the Shadow? I'd assume so, I'm just making sure.))

That's up to you. I think it would make more sense if I were controlling the Shadow's actions in battle, but the dialogue is your call (either send me the backstory via PM, or do it yourself). :phoenix:
My Fanfiction
Page 2 of 3 [ 82 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads