Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 47 of 50[ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she did that because Phoenix's cheesiness made her mad. When someone says something really cheesy, I feel like breaking things. So I always assumed that's what happened to Mia. I'm pretty sure it was implied/stated, anyway.

I think it's a combination of both. Sure Phoenix is cheesy but she was still reminded of happy times and couples and what happened to Diego left her embittered to romance.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

reading this thread has been so much fun!!

my absolute OTP is :phoenix: / :edgeworth: -- that being said, I do not for a minute think that it has ever been implied in canon. (except maybe for that one conversation between Iris and Miles in 3-5, with the psyche-locks... anyone remember that?).
my love for the pairing comes with a bit of headcanon-twisting. if you asked me what I really thought of their sexual orientations, I would say that Edgeworth is asexual & aromantic, and that Phoenix just likes the ladies. but I did feel that the games provided enough loaded dialogue & scenarios that left room to be interpreted as romantic if you were looking for it -- such as how Edgeworth decided to fly halfway across the world because Phoenix fell off a bridge & got a cold. also how Phoenix based his entire career track on meeting Edgeworth in court, even though he could have just looked him up in the phonebook and given him a call, haha.
but yeah, if I didn't see Edgeworth as asexual then I'd see him as gay. he seems the type to appreciate a gentleman, to me (: ahem, also, anyone who says "Miles is ~obviously~ gay because he wears pink and frills and drinks tea!!!!1" deserves a good boot to the head.
SOOO what I'm trying to say is that the people in this thread brought up some very valid points, but I still think that P/E could work if you interpret the characters a tiny bit differently!!

As for pairings that I actually dislike... :edgeworth: / :eh?:

I love Edgeworth, and I love Gumshoe a lot. but whenever I see this pairing mentioned anywhere, I just get really confused. no offense to anyone who likes it (one of my good friends does haha) but I just got the impression that Edgeworth hated Gumshoe a lot. or, well, he doesn't HATE him, but he thinks he's really ridiculous and could never see him as anything but a confused puppy. I thought maaaaybe it could work after playing the first 3 games, but after AAI came out, it just completely sunk all possibilities of that ship for me... sigh. Edgeworth was just so rude to him through the whole game!! Gummy doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, poor baby )': I think Edgeworth needs someone ~intellectually equal~ to him, or at least someone able to stand up to his attitude problems, which is why I think Phoenix would be a much better match for him than anyone else.

this post got WAY too long. someone please find me a better hobby, haha.
Kay, you might want to tone the ruffling down a bit.

{tumblr:} edgequill • {twitter:} edgequill • {Ao3:} edgequill

Former anti-shipper

All pairings.

HEAR THAT YOU DIRTY SHIPPERS?! I SAID ALL!

...Now I'll give specific ones.

:phoenix: / :maya: Okay, I'm willing to admit one thing: this is WAY more likely than almost all of the other shipped couples. However, it just won't happen. It's a brother-sister relationship at most.

:edgeworth:/ :whip: They don't even like each other! Come on! Where on Earth is the logic here?!?!

:phoenix:/ :edgeworth: ... THEY AREN'T GAY, DANG IT!

:edgeworth:/ :maya: ... Why...? Why on Earth do people even put this one into consideration...?

:whip:/ :maya: ... Why do I even NEED to argue against this one...?

:odoroki:/ :minuki: ... I'm sad to even know about this one... It won't happen... for obvious reasons.

:phoenix:/ Iris Okay, I can't neccessarily argue that this is true nor false. College Phoenix liked her for sure but... he changed...

With extra sugar please.

:karma: x :damon:
both are masterminds...
even nick couldnt beat them :ack:
and every defendant would be:
:guilty:
:spit:
:objection: :Godot-object:
I SAID COFFEE,NOT TEA!!!

My childhood right here

ilovecoffee wrote:
:karma: x :damon:
both are masterminds...
even nick couldnt beat them :ack:
and every defendant would be:
:guilty:

Ok... It's least favorite pairings. And not "investigation-courtroom-detective" partners. SEX PAIRINGS.

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

well since i spent a little TOO long on the PW kink meme, I've come to love all pairings,
IF (and a big IF) they are done well.

Anon actually made me ship :karma: / :ack:
In my defense, it was written increadibly well.
Sadly, most of the best PW fanfics are found on the Kink Meme...

Buuuut i'm still going STRAIGHT to hell :fire:

Silvi<3

:phoenix: / :edgeworth: It's like everywhere I don't really see them as gay..
:chinami: / :ayame: I SEEN fanfiction of them.
:chef: / :phoenix: no comment

Love...death...bacon

This'll be easy

:phoenix: x :maya:
Same reason as anyone else; they just come at me as a friend/sibling type of thing.

:phoenix: x :franny:
Pairings that start from one single line just don't make any sense to me.

:phoenix: x :chinami:
Not even if she lost her memories would this work.

:odoroki: x :ema-shock:
Not completely, but remember that she only helps him for Phoenix.

and anything that involves yaoi, yuri, or incest... except maybe :adrian: x :franny:

Can't say I like :kyouya: x :sassy: much. Ema clearly hates the guy, and I don't buy the "that means she actually likes him" crap either(actually... I have a bit of a problem with the "dislike means love/sexual tension" for personal reasons) One-sided from Klavier's side, possibly, but not mutual.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

:phoenix: / :maya:
I don't see it. And Pearl really needs to lay off with it, too.

:phoenix: / :franny:
Ditto. Phoenix calls her cute once, but he was delirious at that time... and she didn't appreciate the grin.

:phoenix: / :ayame:
Nothing is resolved and that little bit during the ending does not hint at very much.

:edgeworth: / :keylady:
Ditto regarding Phoenix and Maya. She serves no purpose in GK, anyway, so why was she put in?

:odoroki: / :minuki:
Ditto regarding Phoenix and Maya. Really, any Protagonist-Sidekick is not one I like.

C-A

You look like you have a big vocabulary.

:phoenix: / :maya: - sorry to those who love the pairing but I don't see it! Only as a sibling/partner-in-crime relationship.
:edgeworth: / :wendy: - funny in the games, obviously one-sided but whoever wants this to be real, :zap:
Would you kiss a certain Ace Attorney character? Or would you dismiss them?
~ Play Kiss or Dismiss! ~

Can I just say one little thing?

I don't actually hate any pairings, but...

1) :odoroki: :ema: I just don't get it.

2) :karma: :edgeworth: doesn't make sense to me,
Spoiler:
von Karma killed his dad after all.

3) :edgeworth: :mia: I know there's a number of people who like them, but same reason with ApolloEma, I don't get it.

I like other Edgey pairings, though, including one-sided :edgeworth: :wendy:

Everyone: :wtf:

Me: Well, I'm sorry if I find them funny! :sadshoe:
:maya: "Hey, a ladder!"
:phoenix: "That's a stepladder."
:maya: "So? They're the same thing, Nick! You should stop basing your opinions on narrow-minded cultural assumptions!"
:nick: "..."
:objection:

Last edited by BurdenOfProof on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've felt worse.

:rock'n: / :yummy:
You want to know why I hate this pairing? Well, Klavier Gavin was a drinker... and a fiend. And one night, he goes over to Ema's house, crazier than usual. Ema gets the Snackoos to defend herself, but he doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, he goes over to her... he takes the bag from her hands... laughing while he does it. Then he looks right at the fourth wall and he asks, "WHY SO SERIOUS?"
:gun:
No seriously, a fan fic of this scenario already exists, albeit not as accurately.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
:rock'n: / :yummy:
You want to know why I hate this pairing? Well, Klavier Gavin was a drinker... and a fiend. And one night, he goes over to Ema's house, crazier than usual. Ema gets the Snackoos to defend herself, but he doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, he goes over to her... he takes the bag from her hands... laughing while he does it. Then he looks right at the fourth wall and he asks, "WHY SO SERIOUS?"
:gun:
No seriously, a fan fic of this scenario already exists, albeit not as accurately.

Errr was he a drinker?

Though a scenario where Ema's boyfriend kills her would make for a great case. Reckon Phoenix/Apollo could get the killer off with aggravated assault given how annoying Ema is.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

High level play

SomariFeyWright wrote:
All pairings.

HEAR THAT YOU DIRTY SHIPPERS?! I SAID ALL!

Yup. Personally I couldn't care less about what 'implied' or who'd make the best pair whatsoever.
I keep in mind that everything that happens in the AA universe is just what it is. The game doesn't put much emphasis on the romance itself but uses it to build a strong storyline.

I can imagine people like to speculate about things that could happen, but does it really make a difference? The story currently is what it is and I believe there is consensus here that we all loved it. Why ruin it by putting all the focus on a romantic relation? Just imagine what it would look like if Ace Attourney went Danielle Steel style.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Ace Sidekick!

:phoenix: / :ayame:

I think this pairing is really overhyped. I don't care if they were in love at one point, (well personally I think younger Phoenix's "love" for Dhalia/Iris was just extreme infactuation.) just because they miracoulously met up again and got their personal demons destroyed doesn't mean they should get married and have children. I see Iris as a plot device to show how Phoenix has matured and how his belief in the innocent is so strong.

Besides, judging by circumstances, I don't think capcom intends to add more to their relationship or make those two lovers in the end.

Ace Sidekick!

Quote:
Just imagine what it would look like if Ace Attourney went Danielle Steel style.

I'm curious, what is Danielle Steel style?

MiaFeyFan wrote:
mai wrote:
Wait, were they really dating? As far as I know, that isn't stated anywhere in the game (I'm not entirely sure since it's been a while since I played T&T, but I think it's implied at best). Anyway, even if they really were dating, that doesn't really mean Mia loved Diego. Heck, the way their relationship is portrayed, it seems to me Mia's love for Diego was purely carnal. Honestly, in my own headcanon, they were little more than friends with benefits.
I'm not saying that it isn't canon (it is), it just bothers me how everyone goes "oh, I love Diego/Mia! Diego loved Mia so much!", and then ignore Mia's feelings entirely.

Actually, playing through T&T again, I can point out a few spots where you can see Mia's feelings towards Diego. One is the most obvious; when Grossberg says "It's about that case in which you came to lose your boyfriend" Mia doesn't say much on this issue, but wouldn't that be a bit more than 'implied'?
Two is how throughout the course of 3-1, Phoenix often goes off topic to all the great lovey-dovey things him and 'Dahlia' did together. The interesting thing is that whenever he says these things, Mia goes and punches or hits Mr. Grossberg. For example...
Spoiler:
Phoenix:
Dollie's homemade lunches are
just the greatest!

Phoenix:
Mmm! Her mini-omelettes are
magically delicious!
Eheh heh heh.

Grossberg:
Yeowch!!
Wh-Why did you punch me in
the jaw!?

Mia:
Oh! I-I'm so sorry...!
I just felt like hurting
someone all of a sudden!

I've always assumed she did that because it was reminding her of the things she and Diego did together, and she gets mad for not being able to do those things anymore so she goes and punches Grossberg.
A few other things are spread out throughout the game, but it's all really just baseless dialogue between Mia and Godot in court trials. Like at that one part before Maya goes to the witness stand.
Spoiler:
Mia:

Mia:
Is it really alright...
Mr. Prosecutor?

Godot:

Godot:
Of course it's alright...
Madame Attorney.

This one conversation between the two of them really gets my wheels turning. I really don't know how to put it...I just find it really...odd. It makes me want to know what was going on inside Mia's head during the trial. I don't even know if it could be considered 'evidence' in how Mia felt. :sadshoe:
Also, not every Miego fan only considers Diego's point of view. Actually, in almost every fanfic I've written for the pair, It's Mia's point of view I use. Not that there is much canon stuff for her feelings in the first place.

I think that their whole relationship is up to how the player sees it anyways. But they were a couple; that much is certain.

There's no evidence Mia was 'in love' though. She (probably? that's not even confirmed) agreed to go out with Diego for an unknown number of dates and Grossberg was under the impression they were a couple. This doesn't mean Diego's feelings were requited. Any emotion Mia shows can just as easily be put down to the injustice of yet another innocent person (Diego) being poisoned by Dahlia on top of the Terry saga, when he was helping her with the case (so she feels even more responsible). Grossberg calling him her 'boyfriend' doesn't prove anything. Dahlia calls Maya Phoenix's 'girlfriend' and Phoenix doesn't deny, yet this is not 'proof' they are a couple. So Mia/Diego from Mia's end is just ambiguous in terms of 'canon' in the actual games. (Same with Gumshoe/Maggey, actually. There's no real proof it's requited from Maggey's end, so far as I remember. And Maggey claims Dustin Prince wasn't her boyfriend either, despite the court having that impression.)
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

For me It would have to be :edgeworth: X :keylady:
it doesnot make sense to me o-o"
also above poster's "visual trauma"

ravensep wrote:

Basically that. My reason for hating this pairing.
I guess I can understand die-hard shippers who are the type to say "Everybody has to be shipped with somebody!!" and put Maya and Phoenix together. I'm sure there are people who do support Phoenix-Pearl... but with Edgey and Kay, it makes no sense. Nothing they have in common (except maybe that a law-person killed their fathers) and... yeah, I just.... don't see it.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
ravensep wrote:

Basically that. My reason for hating this pairing.
I guess I can understand die-hard shippers who are the type to say "Everybody has to be shipped with somebody!!" and put Maya and Phoenix together. I'm sure there are people who do support Phoenix-Pearl... but with Edgey and Kay, it makes no sense. Nothing they have in common (except maybe that a law-person killed their fathers) and... yeah, I just.... don't see it.

C-A

What? That's a dumb reason to accept a pairing because people are being irrational. That's what makes it so easy to dismiss such pairings because the people who support them are just die-hards who want to see romance and ship everything.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
What? That's a dumb reason to accept a pairing because people are being irrational. That's what makes it so easy to dismiss such pairings because the people who support them are just die-hards who want to see romance and ship everything.

Hence I merely said that I can understand them, not that I am one of them.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

C-A

To understand them you'd have to acknowledge they are being rational and reasonable.
As I claimed it is irrational.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

C-A

To understand them you'd have to acknowledge they are being rational and reasonable.
As I claimed it is irrational.

What does rationality have to do with understanding someone? I see someone with several piercings in their face, I wouldn't do it, but I understand that perhaps to them it looks nice and they like it. And we can go the whole hog and say shipping and feelings is not rational at all, anyway.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Yes...you can understand THEY have rational reasons for having said piercings, they may like them for example.

You presented a scenario where people were simply pairing people up for the reason 'everyone needs a pairing' which is not a rational reason by any means.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I never said it was rational. You're the one who brought the word "rational" into this.

To remain somewhat on-topic, I agree with Emiko Gale on that whole Phoenix-Iris thing.
It felt somewhat shoved in at the end and actually pointless, but then I find T&T entirely pointless.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

Quote:
To remain somewhat on-topic, I agree with Emiko Gale on that whole Phoenix-Iris thing. It felt somewhat shoved in at the end and actually pointless, but then I find T&T entirely pointless.

I don't find T&T pointless, but it is my least favorite game in the series.

When it comes to Phoenix/Iris, well let's just say I'd rather see Phoenix and Edgeworth have sexy time together, even though I'm not exactly a fan of the pairing. But maybe that's because I DON'T let illogical yaoi and yuri pairings ruin a series for me, I support shipping diversity.

I usually don't support Yaoi/Yuri pairing...mainly because there is not enough evidence to consider the characters to be coupled together..(then again I didn't really watch any Yaoi or Yuri anime to pair any characters)

But with :phoenix:/ :edgeworth: ...lets seee...I dont pair them as like a Yaoi pairing but more like a *joke*Yaoi pairing.. we all know that Phoenix turned around his career out of his own will and the intention of saving someone he knows is in danger(yaoi or not yaoi). But I just wish there would be one scene in the game where they would both get fluttered or angry when someone coupled them as lover(like Apollo..Trucy would be worried if her dad preffered "dady" over "mommy"...then Phoenix would pull Apollo's horn saying dont joke around with a smiley face..)..Just like with Grossberg and White :P

(yeah....blame it on the fanart of those two...)

also.(just to stay on topic)...another pairing freaks me out is :karma: / :gregory: ...cause he killed him....took his son...changed him from his career path...to get revenge on him....yeah....

High level play

Emiko Gale wrote:
Quote:
Just imagine what it would look like if Ace Attourney went Danielle Steel style.

She's a famous writer. Though I haven't read her novels myself she's known for writing cliché'd romance novels for middle aged women.
the point I'm trying to make is...
what if the dialog in game was much more focused on romance and would have the same tone how Feenie :sick: talks about Iris when they were in love.
That's about what I mean with Danielle Steel style.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Ace Sidekick!

Sjibbey wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:
Quote:

She's a famous writer. Though I haven't read her novels myself she's known for writing cliché'd romance novels for middle aged women.
the point I'm trying to make is...
what if the dialog in game was much more focused on romance and would have the same tone how Feenie :sick: talks about Iris when they were in love.
That's about what I mean with Danielle Steel style.

That would be cringe worthy. But it seems that romance just sells these days. To be it would be worse if Phoenix Wright was written Legend of Korra style, a series I liked but also thought was a HUUUUGE disappointment. :marhsal:

You look like you have a big vocabulary.

I don't like any sibling pairings!

Mainly Apollo/Trucy and Iris/Dahlia. Franziska/Adrian is one I don't get.
Would you kiss a certain Ace Attorney character? Or would you dismiss them?
~ Play Kiss or Dismiss! ~

Emiko Gale wrote:
Quote:
To remain somewhat on-topic, I agree with Emiko Gale on that whole Phoenix-Iris thing. It felt somewhat shoved in at the end and actually pointless, but then I find T&T entirely pointless.

I don't find T&T pointless, but it is my least favorite game in the series.

When it comes to Phoenix/Iris, well let's just say I'd rather see Phoenix and Edgeworth have sexy time together, even though I'm not exactly a fan of the pairing. But maybe that's because I DON'T let illogical yaoi and yuri pairings ruin a series for me, I support shipping diversity.

Well, it's just my personal opinion that T&T is somewhat pointless.
The JFA ended with Phoenix learning an important lesson as a lawyer - then comes T&T and it just seems to me like they created this game solely to explain more about the Fey Clan (I dunno, I don't really care about it) and Godot. Like they thought that Mia remained underdeveloped cause she got killed in the second case.
If they thought that way, why have her killed in the first place?

Hehe, joke Yaoi pairings... I agree there, too. XD

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

Quote:
Well, it's just my personal opinion that T&T is somewhat pointless.
The JFA ended with Phoenix learning an important lesson as a lawyer - then comes T&T and it just seems to me like they created this game solely to explain more about the Fey Clan (I dunno, I don't really care about it) and Godot. Like they thought that Mia remained underdeveloped cause she got killed in the second case.
If they thought that way, why have her killed in the first place?

This makes me rethink T&T entirely. :beef:

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Sidekick!

Pitipiui wrote:
Oh, and I dislike :javado: / :youngmia: , too.

I don't know why, though. :-P

I don't get the hype for this pairing. :think-think-think:

Pathetic Politician

Least favourite pairings? *gets out a HUGE list* Well, let's see...

:phoenix: / :edgeworth: : No, just...no. I don't believe they are homosexual. Yes, Phoenix became a laywer because of him, but that doesn't imply love.
:edgeworth: / :franny: : ...uhm...Franziskas father adopted him, remember? Technically they are like brother and sister.
:edgeworth: / :maya: : Of course! Logical! He only prosecuted against her, which could've result in the death penalty. And also he states that he doesn't know her much (presenting Maya's profile to him in 3-5 and he will tell you). I don't see, how this pairing could work...
:franny: / :maya: : Guess what? She also prosecuted against her! And guess the other thing? The result could've been death penalty as well! In addition, I don't see how those two could be in love.
:kyouya: / :yummy: : I don't need to play the game myself to know, that Ema doesn't like him.
:pearl: / :minuki: : Best friends? Yes, why not? Lovers? ...no, I don't think so. Actually it would probably contradict Pearl's view on relationships.
:lana: / :damon: : I've seen pics of them! But seriously: Why would Lana like him? After those two years? And more importantly: Why would she like him AFTER 1-5? *headshake* Makes no sense. Not even a bit.
:ka-whip: / :adrian-crunch: : ...I know only answer for that... :zap: NEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIN! Honestly, I don't see it! And for some reason that's one of those pairings which make me angry. I agree that they are friends, good friends even, but...lovers? I don't think so.
:odoroki: / :minuki: : ...and again. Never played AJ, but I still know one thing.
Spoiler: Heavy AJ spoiler
They're related with each other. Apollo and Trucy are siblings, so...a relationship between them would be...difficult...yeah...

:pearl: / :cody-shock2: I just don't see it. It is very unlikely that they get to know each other and also I don't think they fit together, except for the age.
:pearl: / :karate: : ...argh! Again, I don't see it! And again, they simply don't fit together!

...I guess that should be enough. Frankly, the only non-canon pairing I could accept is :phoenix: / :maya: , yet I don't ship it. I'm more into the canon pairings. That's all for now.

Hey, they are simply my favourites.^^

Let it go and move it move it

The one pairing that I truly can not stand is :franny: / :edgeworth: . They're brother and sister! I know they're not blood related, but they have still grown up together and will see each other as brother and sister. Therefore, the idea of them being in a romantic relationship is just...wrong.
Within Temptation

I've felt worse.

:edgeworth: / :keylady: Talk to her Case I-5 Middle Part 1, she notes that Edgeworth is just like her father.
:pearl: / Wocky Where did this even come from?
:lana: / :damon: That's about 36 years age difference. And speaking of Gant,
:damon: / ANYONE
And because I still need to vent about it: :yummy: / :rock'n: Not only does she tell in you in-game that she just downright can't stand the fop, the fan fiction for this is squick-worthy. It's either poorly written fluff, claiming Ema is in denial, forcing one of them past the Despair Event Horizon, one of them dies or is about to die, or of all things *shudder* RAPE. From the so-called Memetic Sex God.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Page 47 of 50 [ 1993 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby