Last visit was:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What is the canon ending to Hotel Dusk?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:30 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds
I completed Hotel Dusk and ordered The Last Window from Amazon. It'll take a month to get here, but I thought I'd break it open right away.

SPOILERS:

This was before I found out there were multiple endings. I've heard there are happier endings. I got the ending where Mila comes with Kyle at the end of the game. To be honest, this meloncholy ending really fit with the mood of the game, although it didn't explain everything. Now that I heard about multiple endings, I'm wondering which one is "canon" with The Last Window. Anyone know?

Post subject: Re: What is the canon ending to Hotel Dusk?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 pm 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Custom Title: Spoon tastes like fork
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), there are only two endings; yours and
Spoiler:
the one where Jenny is released.

It doesn't have any impact on Hyde, as his ending doesn't change. So... I'd say both are canon?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Sixth Pegasus wrote:
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), there are only two endings; yours and
Spoiler:

It doesn't have any impact on Hyde, as his ending doesn't change. So... I'd say both are canon?

Thanks. That's good. As much as I like this game, it's not the kind you can replay a week after completing it.

Spoiler:
Not sure why Nile would keep Jenny alive, considering they killed Bradley's Mila, but I guess its possible she escaped or Bradley rescued her. Not sure.

Hey, I read somewhere that some characters from Hotel Dusk appear in The Last Window. Who are they? Are the stories connected in any way?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:14 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

ADA McCoy wrote:
Sixth Pegasus wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks. That's good. As much as I like this game, it's not the kind you can replay a week after completing it.

Spoiler:
Not sure why Nile would keep Jenny alive, considering they killed Bradley's Mila, but I guess its possible she escaped or Bradley rescued her. Not sure.

Hey, I read somewhere that some characters from Hotel Dusk appear in The Last Window. Who are they? Are the stories connected in any way?

Just Hyde and Mila :)

Edit: O wait, I forgot Ed and Rachel.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Sixth Pegasus wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
Sixth Pegasus wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Just Hyde and Mila :)

Edit: O wait, I forgot Ed and Rachel.

Alright, Cool. Those are the only characters I felt should come back anyway. Considering Rachel and Ed are the closest thing Kyle has to friends and the fact that now he's basically the caretaker of a 10 year old kid, it would seem off for those characters not to appear.

One last question: I've heard the second playthrough has some different dialogue and has another "secret" part. Is this worth playing? Does it give more information at you? Or is it not worth it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

ADA McCoy wrote:
One last question: I've heard the second playthrough has some different dialogue and has another "secret" part. Is this worth playing? Does it give more information at you? Or is it not worth it?

Not really IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 am 
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness

ADA McCoy wrote:
Considering Rachel and Ed are the closest thing Kyle has to friends and the fact that now he's basically the caretaker of a 10 year old kid, it would seem off for those characters not to appear.

If you're referencing Mila as a "10-year old kid", pretty sure the game states that she's 19. I mean, I don't think Louie would have been fawning over a 10 year old kid. :hotti:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

TheIdioteque wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
Considering Rachel and Ed are the closest thing Kyle has to friends and the fact that now he's basically the caretaker of a 10 year old kid, it would seem off for those characters not to appear.

If you're referencing Mila as a "10-year old kid", pretty sure the game states that she's 19. I mean, I don't think Louie would have been fawning over a 10 year old kid. :hotti:

She was in a coma for 9 years, so even though she's physically 19 she has the intelligence, emotional maturity, and personality of a 10 year old. She's effectively a child trapped in an adult's body, which means she still needs a parental figure. I doubt Louie would be attracted to her if he had known she was like this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:59 pm 
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness

Yeah, I guess I didn't really think of it like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: The Real Human Being
ADA McCoy wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

She was in a coma for 9 years, so even though she's physically 19 she has the intelligence, emotional maturity, and personality of a 10 year old. She's effectively a child trapped in an adult's body, which means she still needs a parental figure. I doubt Louie would be attracted to her if he had known she was like this.

I know I am Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

TheIdioteque wrote:
Yeah, I guess I didn't really think of it like that.

No worries. It does make the story more interesting, though, when you think of the fact that Kyle now basically a temporary parent, at least until they find some family who Mila can live with. It's too bad Cing isn't around anymore, because I could see a whole Kyle Hyde series of games which (kind of like Ace Attorney) covered these mysteries but also developed these characters into complex, multi-game characters.

Spoiler:
I know Mila comes back in Last Window but I haven't played it yet so I don't know if they deal with her coma/mental age or they sweep it under the rug and act like she's 20 all the sudden. The only reason why I think they might do that is that they probably didn't imagine making a Hotel Dusk sequel when they wrote it, and assuming Last Window isn't a plot-heavy sequel aka "Hotel Dusk part 2" but rather a different story with the same character and little other connections (like "Angels and Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code"), they might not want to deal with Mila that much if there's a bunch of new characters. Which is disappointing because I feel like there's a lot left to happen in the Nile/Bradley story, as well as with Mila.