Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 6 of 13[ 502 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Tharja: "Aha! You disarm your foes with terrifying honesty and sincerity!"
Henry: "Actually I disarm my foes by removing their arms, but your way sounds impressive too!"

God I love Henry I need to find him a good wife.

I had the hardest time trying to find him a good wife. I'm gonna try harder this second playthrough, but damn that guy is hard to please. I wanted to give him Tharja, but that kinda limited Noire's skills/classes.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I am about to blow my brains out with the
Spoiler: possible spoilers
Tiki Paralogue
level. Any strategies or tips on it? Who should I bring?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
I am about to blow my brains out with the
Spoiler: possible spoilers
Tiki Paralogue
level. Any strategies or tips on it? Who should I bring?

Spoiler: How I did it
/My guys were pretty strong when I did the mission. Just form a big barrier around Tiki and tank through everything. Bring ranged weapons and keep a healer with Physic at the very top of the map where she'll never get attacked. If your guys are strong enough to dodge/tank as little damage as possible, then protecting Tiki should be extremely easy. The first time I just sent my units in waves to deal with everything at one time, but I got overwhelmed and they ran past me to kill Tiki.

In Justice We Trust

Spoiler: Paralogue 17
As with Blak, my units were pretty tough, too, when I played that mission. It's tempting to pair everyone up, but I found it was more effective to have each unit simply stand next to someone he/she shared a support with. This way, you can occupy more spaces. I had everyone form a wall around Tiki with one space between her and them. Picture a 5 × 5 square with Tiki in the middle. The map's top keeps you from forming a complete square, but since the enemy can't go off the map, you shouldn't worry about that. This way, the enemy cannot reach Tiki without having to first kill one of your units. I've found that the enemy will only attack the units closest to Tiki, so put your strongest units there. The supports will give bonuses to hit, avoid, critical hit rate, and critical hit evasion, so that will make your main defenders likelier to survive. Finally, I placed myself and Morgan at each corner of the square so our Rally Spectrum skills could provide a boost to everyone each turn.

I'll always love you, Max.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I just beat it, no deaths, keeping my men with bows toward the inside of the wall, and Chrom, Fred, and Lucina doing a lot of the work. I'm now on Chapter 19, which is really hard. Also, my favorite characters thus far are Anna, Sumia, Gaius, Olivia, and Cervantes.

In Justice We Trust

Yeah, those open-field battles can be nasty if your units are lacking in Defense or Resistance. Sending anyone off on his or her own is just asking for him or her to get swarmed. Pairing up can provide some defensive bonuses, but even that has its limits.

Gettin' Old!

Aww Tharje and Gregor level A sure is nice. Not sure it's romantic but it sure is sweet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Aww Tharje and Gregor level A sure is nice. Not sure it's romantic but it sure is sweet.

I'm glad you agree. I married them eventually since I ran outta choices.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

How was the Romance in the S-rank, anything believeable?

I mean he has promised to give her his soul and there's boundless romantic potential in that XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

How was the Romance in the S-rank, anything believeable?

I mean he has promised to give her his soul and there's boundless romantic potential in that XD

Given Gregor's quirky personality, it is pretty believable. At least I think so. You can always try it yourself and reset it if you don't want it to happen.

Gettin' Old!

True. I started picking up some kids, Severa's mission was actually pretty tough and she seems so sad all the time.

I may be paranoid but answer me this, are the support conversations with the father's generic to an extent? The daughter will do the same things regardless of her dad and only her dad's responses are unique?

Also what the hell man can my avatar go off and marry and have a kid with one of the kiddy crew? That's a little messed up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
True. I started picking up some kids, Severa's mission was actually pretty tough and she seems so sad all the time.

I may be paranoid but answer me this, are the support conversations with the father's generic to an extent? The daughter will do the same things regardless of her dad and only her dad's responses are unique?

Also what the hell man can my avatar go off and marry and have a kid with one of the kiddy crew? That's a little messed up.

Severa was probably my favorite kid in the game besides Morgan. Those twintails.... I have a thing about twintails...
She's both sad AND mad!

I doubt the conversations with kids are generic, and I don't think Nintendo would cop out like that.

I thought the idea of MU being able to marry any unit in the game was hilarious. Let's break all the rules of time-space and have a kid with my best friend's daughter from the future! I'd marry Lucina JUST to see the look on silly Chrom's face. (Course I don't believe there's a support scene to see it :P)

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Severa was probably my favorite kid in the game besides Morgan. Those twintails.... I have a thing about twintails...
She's both sad AND mad!

I doubt the conversations with kids are generic, and I don't think Nintendo would cop out like that.

I thought the idea of MU being able to marry any unit in the game was hilarious. Let's break all the rules of time-space and have a kid with my best friend's daughter from the future! I'd marry Lucina JUST to see the look on silly Chrom's face. (Course I don't believe there's a support scene to see it :P)

Spoiler: Lucina's Disguise
Would be better if when you first saw 'Marth' Chrom was like "Damn she's pretty" then Avatar goes "I'd hit that =D"

Of course this makes me wonder, if you have a kid with a younger cast member....how the hell are they going to explain that one in the time loop. Oh I went back in time, married dad's friend, had you, then you came back in time again with me to be the combat-approved age you are now.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

She's both sad AND mad!

Spoiler: Lucina's Disguise
Would be better if when you first saw 'Marth' Chrom was like "Damn she's pretty" then Avatar goes "I'd hit that =D"

Of course this makes me wonder, if you have a kid with a younger cast member....how the hell are they going to explain that one in the time loop. Oh I went back in time, married dad's friend, had you, then you came back in time again with me to be the combat-approved age you are now.

Morgan is a special case. You'll learn that when you get her.

Gettin' Old!

My god so they actually thought of a way around that potential loophole?

Gotta love Fire Emblem's writers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:

So I'm assuming that you got Morgan. Yup! She's special alright.
Once you beat the game you unlock the Support Convo library which shows you every branching convo you can have. It really shows how deeply invested the writing team was in the making of the game. Stuff like how Morgan interacts with her parents, other children, or the future child that is her mom. Pretty deep stuff. It'll take me a long time to fill that sucker up.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Once you beat the game you unlock the Support Convo library which shows you every branching convo you can have. It really shows how deeply invested the writing team was in the making of the game. Stuff like how Morgan interacts with her parents, other children, or the future child that is her mom. Pretty deep stuff. It'll take me a long time to fill that sucker up.

Not got Morgan yet though I'm told its a rather sweet social link.

Hah its entertaining to think there's unique support conversations between the kids and their future kid parent. The rarest of the rare support conversations.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Not got Morgan yet though I'm told its a rather sweet social link.

Hah its entertaining to think there's unique support conversations between the kids and their future kid parent. The rarest of the rare support conversations.

Hey.... this isn't Persona...
So after buying some DLC for Awakening, boy do I want more FE. That Shin Megami x FE sounds super interesting, but I don't want to buy a Wii U for it :\
Maybe I do... but right now no I don't.

Gettin' Old!

That's the beauty of it, it's not out yet so you have some time. Hopefully they'll release it on 3DS too anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
That's the beauty of it, it's not out yet so you have some time. Hopefully they'll release it on 3DS too anyway.

I'd love it to be on the 3DS. It's just such a great handheld for games.
Hope the game is a brand new entry, but I wouldn't mind if it was a convergence between the entire series. Marth commanding an entire unit of demons sounds fun.

Gettin' Old!

Hmm for Morgan do I want to pass on Gamble (hit -5, Crit +10) or Wrath (When Health drops below half Crit +20%).

Morgan's gonna be a girl so it's only one or the other since both come from Barbarian and Berserker respectively. Gamble is more consistant (her mother is a swordmaster so I'm not bothered about the small hit deduction) but Wrath combo's wonderfully with Vantage.

Edit: Just married Lissa to Henry, the romance was nice...it was even somewhat reminiscient of my own lovelife in parts.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fate Testarossa

I would've wanted to pass down Counter for Morgan.

Fate is made by クロス

Gettin' Old!

kwando wrote:
I would've wanted to pass down Counter for Morgan.

I'm not sure I'm willing to wait that long in grinding but it's possible and it's male only.

Though I wanted little Fem!Morgan to be good at critting things I'm wondering if the plus 10 is worth it or if wrath would even kick in enough.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I decided to pair Chrom up with Olivia. Man I can see why they made her hard to pair up with since she's only available for one chapter before Chrom gets hitched. Inigo is one of the most OP kids in the game. Man... Rightful King, Galeforce, Sol, Armsthrift... That's all you need for him.

In Justice We Trust

Why not replace Sol with Aether? If he's Chrom's son, he should have access to it.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

General Luigi wrote:
Why not replace Sol with Aether? If he's Chrom's son, he should have access to it.

Ehh. Sol would be more of a guaranteed hit since it's Luck %, but Aether is Luck %/2.

In Justice We Trust

Actually, Serenes Forest says it's Skill, not Luck. But yes, Sol activates twice as often as Aether, so your point still stands.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

General Luigi wrote:
Actually, Serenes Forest says it's Skill, not Luck. But yes, Sol activates twice as often as Aether, so your point still stands.

Oh yeah I meant Skill not luck. Derp :P
I really should get back to playing Lunatic. Making broken kids is fun and all, but they're not used to their full potential against the cannon fodder of Hard mode.

Star General

The only ones I've played are The Sacred Stones and Awakening but they're both very enjoyable. I really enjoy turn-based strategy games (Disgaea is also a favourite, I recommend playing it) and Fire Emblem might be the pinnacle of the genre. Also, apparently if Awakening didn't sell at least 250,000 copies it would be the last in the series. Just throwing that out in the open.

Gettin' Old!

Weejus wrote:
The only ones I've played are The Sacred Stones and Awakening but they're both very enjoyable. I really enjoy turn-based strategy games (Disgaea is also a favourite, I recommend playing it) and Fire Emblem might be the pinnacle of the genre. Also, apparently if Awakening didn't sell at least 250,000 copies it would be the last in the series. Just throwing that out in the open.

Well that 'last in the series' bit would certainly explain all the fanservice and previous characters in the DLC.
It did beat 250k yeah?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Star General

Pierre wrote:
Well that 'last in the series' bit would certainly explain all the fanservice and previous characters in the DLC.
It did beat 250k yeah?

To my knowledge it's sold about 800k so far, but it deserves so much more. 2 million sold at least, I say (and that kind of sales is godlike by 3DS standards, with only the likes of the 3DS Marios succeeding that amount).

In Justice We Trust

Any general advice for Hard Mode in Awakening? Because I'm a wimp, I haven't bothered with it until recently. I'm having difficulty getting my underleveled characters up to the same general level as my regulars.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Any general advice for Hard Mode in Awakening? Because I'm a wimp, I haven't bothered with it until recently. I'm having difficulty getting my underleveled characters up to the same general level as my regulars.

Oh-ho! Has your let's play started then?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

No, I'm doing a practice run first to get a better sense of what Hard Mode is like.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
No, I'm doing a practice run first to get a better sense of what Hard Mode is like.

Ah so you can better know what level of difficulty to try it at.

Best go in blind anyway, I dislike lets plays where the LPer knows what's coming and plays the game with ease, a little adversity does ya good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fate Testarossa

Blind LPs are more fun to watch. That way, you get a genuine reaction to what they're doing.

Fate is made by クロス

In Justice We Trust

There are a few reasons why a blind LP is not an option this time around. To start, since I'm in the market for co-commentators, it's best if I do a practice session with any would-be co-commentator before doing a proper recording. This way, if it turns out he/she isn't cut out for co-commentating or we just end up not getting along, the session won't go public. There's also the fact that I've completed Normal Mode multiple times, so while the enemies are tougher in Hard Mode, I'm certainly not going into any mission completely blind. It's unlikely that I'll be caught off-guard. Third, since I plan on playing the game in its entirety, I need to be sure I can complete any given mission. Severa's recruitment mission, for example, involves the girl recklessly entering a fortress full of high-level enemies and only becoming someone I can command after she talks to Holland, who is waiting past a whole mess of people who will tear Severa apart if I give them that chance. I need to have units that are strong enough to prevent that from happening, which in turn requires me to know beforehand what I'm up against.

Also, it's not as if practicing a mission beforehand will completely prevent me from screwing up. Heck, my LP of Super Luigi Galaxy should be proof enough that practice doesn't guarantee perfection. [mumble]Blasted Purple Coins...[/mumble] Considering that luck plays a part in the outcome of just about every combat in the Fire Emblem games, even with perfect knowledge of every detail, there are things I won't have any control over. Unless the random number generator takes pity on me, it's very likely that I'll be screwed over by rotten luck every now and then. I still remember back when I first gave Hard Mode a try... It was the first turn of Chapter 2. Stahl was at full HP. The only enemy that could get at him could do enough damage to knock off a third of his HP, meaning Stahl was guaranteed to survive unless the enemy got a critical hit. Said enemy was a Fighter, and Stahl had a sword equipped and was in the woods. The Fighter had a 1% chance of a critical hit. Three guesses what happened.

Oh, and finally, while I am going through most of this game with a pretty decent sense of what to expect, there is one mission that I have never even attempted, even on Normal Mode. I plan on doing that mission blind (or at least as blind as possible, given what I read about the mission before deciding to LP this game). The mission? Apotheosis.

Gettin' Old!

Breed Severa from Donnell with Sol and Galeforce, she'll be a beautiful little rage roiding monster on that mission who needs no help XD.

Though true sorry I'd forgotten you were quite the expert in Fire Emblem already but Hard is recommended for Fire Emblem veterans anyway, hell it was the default on the demo for classic mode. I reckon you could have it.

Just grit your teeth and use a little editing magic. If a mission goes too badly (this depends on your definition of failure) you show your first attempt or first few if it goes quickly then pop a quick disclaimer how it took you MANY tries and skip to the successful playthrough.

As for your co-commentator shouldn't it be a friend who shares the same interests and is local? Seems like it'd have more luck than looking online for a random person and would avoid a lack of chemistry. I'm not even sure a slow-paced game like Fire Emblem is quite as good for a co-commentary anyway, you'd always have someone nagging in your ear about what decision to make...unless you are totally going to voice all the characters (which is awesome).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I refuse to bring skill inheritance and stat inheritance into the equation when choosing who marries whom. I know you think highly of Donnel and Cordelia as a couple, but it's not happening in my Let's Play.

As for editing magic, that's almost certainly going to see some use no matter what I do. As I said, I fully expect to screw up even if I practice beforehand.

As for co-commentators, I don't have any offline friends who are into Fire Emblem, so if I want a co-commentator who actually likes the game, I have to search online. I've taken the necessary precautions, and it's not as if I'm going to work with just anybody.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

General Luigi wrote:
I refuse to bring skill inheritance and stat inheritance into the equation when choosing who marries whom. I know you think highly of Donnel and Cordelia as a couple, but it's not happening in my Let's Play.

Aww... but Breeding Emblem is a lot of fun to play! I made Donnel pass on Aptitude to Nah and OH MY GOD THE STATS! Coupled with Limit Breaker and you've got a Manakete with a 60% chance to Sol. *drools*

I think I'm gonna give Lon'Qu to Cordelia, so Severa gets a speed buff and then I'LL marry Severa to produce an Ultra-third gen Morgan! Muahahah!
I'll probably make my Vantage/Wrath/Vengeance build that I always wanted, but never made.
Page 6 of 13 [ 502 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station