Red locks are when someone consciously tries to hide a secret, so....
Thanks!
Spoiler:
So it's subconscious hiding? But is this supposed to be caused by some kind of repressed memories/massive trauma/whatever on Athena's part, (knowing another spoiler I know what that 'secret' might be) her magical strong will or what?
Kristoph having them too and all. I heard once that psychological researchers found that some 'pathological' types can chronically lie when in suits them in a way that their conscious mind doesn't feel like they're lying, even when their subconscious knows they are, and that always sounded like it could fit Kristoph. But Athena is obviously supposed to be a Good Character.
So I guess i'm asking for a more detailed explanation, please? I'm totally curious how they decide both Kristoph and Athena have these.
I'm also wondering if they flat out say Phoenix was disbarred in the game, or just talk more vaguely about his 'time out of law', kind of the same way they never said Phoenix's name in AAI.
Or for that matter the 'jury' is mentioned?
Spoiler:
I know we don't have a jury, but do they mention one was trialled?
So it's subconscious hiding? But is this supposed to be caused by some kind of repressed memories/massive trauma/whatever on Athena's part, (knowing another spoiler I know what that 'secret' might be) her magical strong will or what?
Kristoph having them too and all. I heard once that psychological researchers found that some 'pathological' types can chronically lie when in suits them in a way that their conscious mind doesn't feel like they're lying, even when their subconscious knows they are, and that always sounded like it could fit Kristoph. But Athena is obviously supposed to be a Good Character.
So I guess i'm asking for a more detailed explanation, please? I'm totally curious how they decide both Kristoph and Athena have these.
Spoiler:
They appear when someone is unconciously lying, and it's strongly connected with the deepest part of his/her psyche. If you try to force them open, you might 'break' the spirit of the person.
I'm also wondering if they flat out say Phoenix was disbarred in the game, or just talk more vaguely about his 'time out of law', kind of the same way they never said Phoenix's name in AAI.
Spoiler:
I can't remember whether they said disbarred in so many words, but the fact he 'forged' evidence is definitely of importance to the whole plot
Or for that matter the 'jury' is mentioned?
Spoiler:
I know we don't have a jury, but do they mention one was trialled?
Spoiler:
Nope
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
How did that 10 minute ending go? What happened? Did the music really last as long as it should? What epilogue is shown? Lastly, is there a twist at the end?
I know I have asked this but i wish to know... after beating the game, is there an option to watch all the anime cutscenes of this game? Just curious.
Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here
How is the cross examination system?more specifically, the music?
Edgeworth games decided to add a third "Presto" music when your cross examining the final person of respective cases. Does it return in Dual Destinies or did they just stick with Moderato and Allegro?
Either way it'll be good considering most Allegro's in wright's saga is a great variation while Edgeworth.a Allegro is simply Moderato faster to make Presto seem much more important but I still want to.know.
Hotdiddykong wrote:How is the cross examination system?more specifically, the music?
Edgeworth games decided to add a third "Presto" music when your cross examining the final person of respective cases. Does it return in Dual Destinies or did they just stick with Moderato and Allegro?
Either way it'll be good considering most Allegro's in wright's saga is a great variation while Edgeworth.a Allegro is simply Moderato faster to make Presto seem much more important but I still want to.know.
Altough, I'm unsure, I believe
Spoiler: Regarding the existence of Presto or lack thereof
It does not exist, and Allegro is indeed simply Moderato faster.
From a scale of Frank Sahwit to Portsman how complicated and complex did they make Case 1? Is it even near levels of Apollo and Edgeworth 2? Probably isn't but still.
Last edited by Hotdiddykong on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotdiddykong wrote:How is the cross examination system?more specifically, the music?
Edgeworth games decided to add a third "Presto" music when your cross examining the final person of respective cases. Does it return in Dual Destinies or did they just stick with Moderato and Allegro?
Either way it'll be good considering most Allegro's in wright's saga is a great variation while Edgeworth.a Allegro is simply Moderato faster to make Presto seem much more important but I still want to.know.
Altough, I'm unsure, I believe
Spoiler: Regarding the existence of Presto or lack thereof
It does not exist, and Allegro is indeed simply Moderato faster.
Allegro is always a faster moderato, but they add more tones and make it more dramatic, edgeworth however downgrades Allegro without any extra tones while Presto is an entirely.different theme.
Spoiler:
Im fine with it as long as Allegro isn't weak levels like Edgeworth
So does Juniper have a breakdown? I'm refraining myself to watch 80% of the cases and only watched the killer breakdowns. And why did Tonate swap actual bombs with replicas in the first place?
I only know that Shuuichi Biyouin has a breakdown but do Deemon Tenma, Jinxie Tenma, and Phineas Filch have breakdowns? Also, why did Biyouin need the money from the Forbidden Chamber?
Thane wrote:I would love it if someone could tell me about the extent of Maya's involvement or lack thereof. What does Pearl tell us about her? And
Spoiler:
what does the letter say?
In short, what do we get to know about Maya?
Spoiler: Regarding Maya
From what I've seen, Maya sends a letter to Nick asking about if and how he got his badge back, and something about the Steel Samurai. We don't learn much about her life, save for a quick flashback Phoenix has about the old days of when she was his assistant.
Zekrom025 wrote:Is the Thought Route mechanic exclusive to Apollo?
No.
Spoiler: About who uses the Thought Route
Phoenix, Apollo and Athena each use it at least once.
Ben Lyon wrote:I can't believe we've had two days, and yet no one has asked the two most important questions of the game:
Where is the ladder/ stepladder gag?
And is Athena on Team Ladder or Team Stepladder?
I'm surprised this hasn't been answered yet.
Spoiler:
So far in case 2, I've seen one instance of Athena offering Apollo a stepladder to help him climb into a duct... so Team Stepladder. As for the actual gag, I believe it may show up again in a later case. Let me get back to you.
GyakutenGodot wrote:I still havent gotten an answer to the question of is there a flashback case in the respect that its a case that happened years or months ago. I dont mean like...
Spoiler: GS5, pre release knowledge
How Case 2 and 3 take place before case 1
If not is there at least an old case mentioned. Just yes or no to both questions, no specifics.
Spoiler:
Yes
Spoiler: Response to the question above, no plot details
Yes to what? There is a playable old case flashback trial? Or there is just an old case mentioned? Also is it like 4-4 where its just for part of a case, or is it like 3-4 and AAI-4 where its a whole case? Just yes or no, and be as vague as possible.
GyakutenGodot wrote:I still havent gotten an answer to the question of is there a flashback case in the respect that its a case that happened years or months ago. I dont mean like...
Spoiler: GS5, pre release knowledge
How Case 2 and 3 take place before case 1
If not is there at least an old case mentioned. Just yes or no to both questions, no specifics.
Spoiler:
Yes
Spoiler: Response to the question above, no plot details
Yes to what? There is a playable old case flashback trial? Or there is just an old case mentioned? Also is it like 4-4 where its just for part of a case, or is it like 3-4 and AAI-4 where its a whole case? Just yes or no, and be as vague as possible.
Thanks Again!
You could have made your questions a bit more specific the first time, it just seems like one question and not two. But anyway, to answer this post:
Spoiler:
There's an old case mentioned. Not playable, just flashbacked to in cutscenes.
This is a bit of a follow up to a topic I made in the forum about being spoiled by someone who posted spoilers without any warning on the Capcom Unity forums.
AnsweringNOW helped me out and answered the question but it sounded like he didn't know one aspect of it for sure, so I thought I'd ask someone who's played and completed the game and can tell me for sure if this is true or not.
Spoiler: Possible GS5 spoilers
Are Athena and Simon siblings?
The other spoiler the guy on the forum said was kind of predictable, so I'm not as upset about that one. Something like this seems like a big part of the plot reveal though. I'd like to know for sure anyway, though.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
ADA McCoy wrote:This is a bit of a follow up to a topic I made in the forum about being spoiled by someone who posted spoilers without any warning on the Capcom Unity forums.
AnsweringNOW helped me out and answered the question but it sounded like he didn't know one aspect of it for sure, so I thought I'd ask someone who's played and completed the game and can tell me for sure if this is true or not.
Spoiler: Possible GS5 spoilers
Are Athena and Simon siblings?
The other spoiler the guy on the forum said was kind of predictable, so I'm not as upset about that one. Something like this seems like a big part of the plot reveal though. I'd like to know for sure anyway, though.
Wouldn't you rather to wait and play the game to find out by yourself? Considering that you don't want to be spoiled.
But, if you insist...
ADA McCoy wrote:This is a bit of a follow up to a topic I made in the forum about being spoiled by someone who posted spoilers without any warning on the Capcom Unity forums.
AnsweringNOW helped me out and answered the question but it sounded like he didn't know one aspect of it for sure, so I thought I'd ask someone who's played and completed the game and can tell me for sure if this is true or not.
Spoiler: Possible GS5 spoilers
Are Athena and Simon siblings?
The other spoiler the guy on the forum said was kind of predictable, so I'm not as upset about that one. Something like this seems like a big part of the plot reveal though. I'd like to know for sure anyway, though.
Wouldn't you rather to wait and play the game to find out by yourself? Considering that you don't want to be spoiled.
But, if you insist...
Spoiler:
No, they're not siblings.
Thanks. I'd rather know that this wasn't the case, so that I wouldn't spend the entire game thinking that the main plot twist was ruined. This way it's like I hadn't heard anything. It's a little like how
Spoiler:
I wanted to know if Ema appeared or not. If she did I didn't want to know any specifics, but when I found out she isn't I was glad that I knew so that I wouldn't keep waiting for her to show up.
Thanks so much! Time to leave C-R and never search for Ace Attorney again!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
When in comes from Case 5 a final boss, Is that phantom is a real monster? What happened to him?
In case of that use spoiler. I also see in youtube about one of his breakdown.
Hinchy wrote:What exactly is the Mood Matrix's "overload mode"? How does it work?
Spoiler:
Someone gets "overloaded" with one emotion to the point that you can't get a read on any of the other emotions. You then need to go through the testimony, and point out the "source" of the overloading emotion in the illustrations of the testimony.
These questions contain potential major spoilers! References to 5-3 and 5-4.
Spoiler:
1. What are the details concerning Apollo's relationship with Aoi? They're childhood friends who went to school together, but is there anything else? (Like Phoenix's classroom trial?) 2. Could someone please clarify the motive behind the murder of Athena's mother?
Thanks!
"You can't smile at the end if you haven't been smiling the whole way through."
-Mia
Made an account to ask some questions. Sorry if they've been answered already but I've been trying to avoid everything.
1. Do Phoenix/Apollo share the same court themes, or are they different?
2. Are there pictures for the chapter selection like in the first 3 games?
3. Are there any AAI specific characters featured or mentioned?
4. Are profiles presentable?