Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 5 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

stopviolence wrote:
Made an account to ask some questions. Sorry if they've been answered already but I've been trying to avoid everything.

1. Do Phoenix/Apollo share the same court themes, or are they different?
2. Are there pictures for the chapter selection like in the first 3 games?
3. Are there any AAI specific characters featured or mentioned?
4. Are profiles presentable?

I can't answer 2, but as for the others:

1. No, they each have their own.

Spoiler:
No, only main series characters return, and no one from AAI is referenced.

4. No, unfortunately.

Regarding the question about Apollo's background with his childhood friend:

Spoiler:
Daichi and Apollo are childhood friends. Daichi had lost his mother in an incident, while Apollo comforts him and says that he understand's Daichi's situation since he has no mother. After some time, they encourage each other, and Apollo encouraged Daichi to shout IM FINE and etc... Well, Daichi's dream is to go to the moon/astrounaut. Apollo visits the astrounauts alot and well... let's just say they're really close friends... And Apollo didn't quit being a lawyer after his first case was because of Daichi. I'd rather not spoil more about Daichi though since it's a really big spoiler. So I won't be posting it.

That one guy nobody knows

AdventureWriter28 wrote:

Spoiler:
Daichi and Apollo are childhood friends. Daichi had lost his mother in an incident, while Apollo comforts him and says that he understand's Daichi's situation since he has no mother. After some time, they encourage each other, and Apollo encouraged Daichi to shout IM FINE and etc... Well, Daichi's dream is to go to the moon/astrounaut. Apollo visits the astrounauts alot and well... let's just say they're really close friends... And Apollo didn't quit being a lawyer after his first case was because of Daichi. I'd rather not spoil more about Daichi though since it's a really big spoiler. So I won't be posting it.

Spoiler: Dachi's mom
I had been spoiled that Athena's mom was murdered... Is Dachi and Athena siblings?

Master of sharp things!

TSMD wrote:
AdventureWriter28 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Dachi's mom
I had been spoiled that Athena's mom was murdered... Is Dachi and Athena siblings?

Spoiler:
No, they're not related.

Heh heh.

Five things:

1: Does Nick wear his hobo outfit at all? Even if it's just the beanie/sweatshirt?
2: How is Athena characterized as an assistant, in comparison to Trucy/Maya/Kay?
3: How does the Thought Route mechanic work (like, the Psyche-Locks work by presenting evidence that contradict with testimony outside of court, and Perceive works by looking for small changes in sprites during specific parts of testimony)? Is it linear like the other mechanics, or can you pick a few different paths to reach the same conclusion? Can you reach other conclusions? Is it reserved for the courtroom/investigations or is it also used during... eh, the other mode? If it is limited to one mode, please tell me which.

I don't know if this warrants as a spoiler, but I'll tag it just in case. Just yes or no to both questions, please:
Spoiler: Regarding Blackquill...
4: Did Blackquill actually do whatever it is that got him imprisoned to begin with?
5: Do we find out Blackquill's original sentence?

Thank you!
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

I'd like to confirm a rumor about 5-4.

Spoiler: 5-4
Is it true that this case takes place in a planetarium?

Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Master of sharp things!

9mayasato9 wrote:
Five things:

1: Does Nick wear his hobo outfit at all? Even if it's just the beanie/sweatshirt?
2: How is Athena characterized as an assistant, in comparison to Trucy/Maya/Kay?
3: How does the Thought Route mechanic work (like, the Psyche-Locks work by presenting evidence that contradict with testimony outside of court, and Perceive works by looking for small changes in sprites during specific parts of testimony)? Is it linear like the other mechanics, or can you pick a few different paths to reach the same conclusion? Can you reach other conclusions? Is it reserved for the courtroom/investigations or is it also used during... eh, the other mode? If it is limited to one mode, please tell me which.

I don't know if this warrants as a spoiler, but I'll tag it just in case. Just yes or no to both questions, please:
Spoiler: Regarding Blackquill...
4: Did Blackquill actually do whatever it is that got him imprisoned to begin with?
5: Do we find out Blackquill's original sentence?

Thank you!

Spoiler: 1
In a very quick flashback to AA4, but not in regular gameplay.

2: She's more "professional" than most other assistants, but not by much. Just as quirky and useful/useless as any other.

3: It's used at the very end of the case to wrap everything up. Think of it like a review of everything that happened in the case. You're not penalized for not choosing the right train of thought, so it's really just a review mechanic.

Spoiler: 4
No.

Spoiler: 5
Yes.

Voodoo Lady wrote:
I'd like to confirm a rumor about 5-4.

Spoiler: 5-4
Is it true that this case takes place in a planetarium?

Spoiler:
Close, but no, not a planetarium.

Do we know the dates the cases in this game happened? If so what are they?
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

How many cases do each attorney get?

Is Athena a Mary Sue?

Could you tell us which your favorite case was and why, without any real spoilers?

Also, I should mention I'm very thankful to everyone answering our questions.

元・超会社員級の管理人

icer wrote:

Spoiler: Dates
I'd have to go back and double-check the other cases, but if memory serves case 4 takes place on December 17th, 19th, and 20th (2027?), case 1 takes place on December 18th, and case 5 takes place on December 20th.

Thane wrote:

Is Athena a Mary Sue?

Could you tell us which your favorite case was and why, without any real spoilers?

Spoiler: Cases per attorney
Phoenix gets about two and two-thirds, Apollo gets about one and one-third, and Athena gets one.

Sort of? That's a loaded term you're using, but she does have some of the traits (became an attorney at a very young age, has a special ability...)

Spoiler: Athena
...has a tragic past, the 'antagonist' of the game (Simon) wants to help her, the judge at one point goes "man this emotion-sensing thing is pretty awesome for court".

My favorite case was probably case 3. Playing as Athena was fun, the murder had a lot of twists and tricks, the cast of characters was strong, and it made good use of the game's overarching themes without getting too heavy-handed about it.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
icer wrote:

I'd have to go back and double-check the other cases, but if memory serves case 4 takes place on December 17th, 19th, and 20th (2027?), case 1 takes place on December 18th, and case 5 takes place on December 20th.

Thane wrote:

Is Athena a Mary Sue?

Spoiler: Cases per attorney
Phoenix gets about two and two-thirds, Apollo gets about one and one-third, and Athena gets one.

Sort of? That's a loaded term you're using, but she does have some of the traits (became an attorney at a very young age, has a special ability...)

Spoiler: Athena
...has a tragic past, the 'antagonist' of the game (Simon) wants to help her, the judge at one point goes "man this emotion-sensing thing is pretty awesome for court".

My favorite case was probably case 3. Playing as Athena was fun, the murder had a lot of twists and tricks, the cast of characters was strong, and it made good use of the game's overarching themes without getting too heavy-handed about it.

Thank you very much. I know it's a loaded term, but I've seen several people complain about Athena being omnipresent and loved by everyone, and it is one of my biggest fears for the game.

Achtung,baby~!

I just want to know if Phoenix maintains some of his GS4 personality in this game.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Do game conventions get broken? For instance, the return of the 3 day trial, or perhaps starting a multi-sequence case with a trial instead of investigation.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

迷探偵

Wooster wrote:
Do game conventions get broken? For instance, the return of the 3 day trial, or perhaps starting a multi-sequence case with a trial instead of investigation.

Yes, there is a surprise out there. In fact, it is one of the things we're discussing in the appropiate case topic / GS5 spoiler topic ^^
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The miracle finally happen...

So let me get this straight:

Spoiler: Cases Playable Characters
Case 1 - Phoenix
Case 2 - Apollo
Case 3 - Apollo and Athena
Case 4 - Phoenix
Case 5 - (Apollo? and) Phoenix

Right?

Zekrom025 wrote:

Case 1 - Phoenix
Case 2 - Apollo
Case 4 - Phoenix

Right?

Nah, It's
Case 1 - Phoenix
Case 2 - Apollo
Case 3 - Athena
Case 4 - Apollo and Phoenix
Case 5 - Phoenix

DimensionalGuy wrote:
Zekrom025 wrote:

Case 1 - Phoenix
Case 2 - Apollo
Case 4 - Phoenix

Right?

Nah, It's
Case 1 - Phoenix
Case 2 - Apollo
Case 3 - Athena
Case 4 - Apollo and Phoenix
Case 5 - Phoenix

Thanks, I'm really glad Apollo gets quite some screentime. One other question, do you ever get to play in court with him in bandages? (I'd loves to see his animations if he does, but I doubt it)

元・超会社員級の管理人

Zekrom025 wrote:
Thanks, I'm really glad Apollo gets quite some screentime. One other question, do you ever get to play in court with him in bandages? (I'd loves to see his animations if he does, but I doubt it)

Spoiler: Answer
Yes.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Zekrom025 wrote:
Thanks, I'm really glad Apollo gets quite some screentime. One other question, do you ever get to play in court with him in bandages? (I'd love to see his animations if he does, but I doubt it)

Spoiler: Answer
Yes.

Damn. That's pretty awesome.

Lusankya wrote:
So, how many cross examinations are there per case?

Please, I need to know this. :sawit-2:

Spoiler: FINAL BOSS SPOILERS
Is the final boss Fulbright? Please just answer "Yes" or "No". I don't want explanations of any kind. Thanks in advance.

I've felt worse.

1. Approximately how long are the anime cutscenes? (Both an individual average and the total length)
2. Do the returning characters in general still feel like they're the same characters? (just a yes or no will suffice, I don't want a spoilerific explanation)
3. Aside from the aforementioned moment
Spoiler:
of the child splattered in blood
is there anything else that would warrant this game an M-rating?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

元・超会社員級の管理人

cathexis wrote:
Spoiler: FINAL BOSS SPOILERS
Is the final boss Fulbright? Please just answer "Yes" or "No". I don't want explanations of any kind. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers
Yes.

sumguy28 wrote:
1. Approximately how long are the anime cutscenes? (Both an individual average and the total length)
2. Do the returning characters in general still feel like they're the same characters? (just a yes or no will suffice, I don't want a spoilerific explanation)
3. Aside from the aforementioned moment
Spoiler:
of the child splattered in blood
is there anything else that would warrant this game an M-rating?

1. Most are pretty short (<1 minute) though there are one or two that are a few minutes long. Not sure how much in total they are.
2. Yes.
3. Honestly, not really. The game is in general a bit bloodier than past entries, but I imagine that scene you spoilered is what put it over the top. Though I did just remember that at one point a very gruesome theory is put forward, but we don't actually see it depicted.

Wooster wrote:

Godot's the Man

Few Questions
1. Are there any returning characters from the other games besides the ones announced pre release? If so, roughly how many? 1 or 2? Or a few? No names please.
2. Are any of the plot threads from GS4 continued? Like for example I know...
Spoiler: GS5 spoilers, plot thread continued from GS4, no GS5 plot details
Black Physic Locks are explained
Are there any other plot threads continued? No specifics, just a general impression. Does it feel like a true sequel to GS4?
3. How badly is Trucy thrown under the bus in this game? With Athena there really seems like there's no room for her anymore. Does she even do any investigating with Apollo?

Thanks in advance!

Achtung,baby~!

Jonathan wrote:
I just want to know if Phoenix maintains some of his GS4 personality in this game.

Does he?
Anyone?:o

Spoiler: Case 3
I heard that Chishio is Gay and a Transexual. Is that true? ?

You actually went back and broke your spoiler tags once a mod fixed them for you. That's actually kind of impressive. One-day ban. -Bolt

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
So what are the name puns for Shinji Ichiro and the Case 4 and 5 characters?

Bolt Storm wrote:

Thanks a lot.
Spoiler:
So it's another one of those ones where it's all over just a few days...weeks (apart from the flashbacks).

Is this assuming GS4 took place in 2026 or 2027 though? I know that there was some kind of... confusion the year that GS4 took place in the first place, like the calculation was off. (Related to to the characters' ages I think.. I forget the details.)

GS4 was '7 years ago'
This they talk about '8 years ago' from what I've seen.
But since GS4 began in April (2026 according to the timeline on CR) and ends in October, by December it is closer to 8 years, isn't it? Suggesting this game might be about 3 months after GS4.

Does GS5 itself just write 'December' without giving a year? It seems more logical to set it closer to the GS4 dates, if it's supposed to be a 'follow up', rather than skipping over a year.

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Racing through the sky like a Missile

icer wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Thanks a lot.
Spoiler:
So it's another one of those ones where it's all over just a few days...weeks (apart from the flashbacks).

Is this assuming GS4 took place in 2026 or 2027 though? I know that there was some kind of... confusion the year that GS4 took place in the first place, like the calculation was off. (Related to to the characters' ages I think.. I forget the details.)

GS4 was '7 years ago'
This they talk about '8 years ago' from what I've seen.
But since GS4 began in April (2026 according to the timeline on CR) and ends in October, by December it is closer to 8 years, isn't it? Suggesting this game might be about 3 months after GS4.

Does GS5 itself just write 'December' without giving a year? It seems more logical to set it closer to the GS4 dates, if it's supposed to be a 'follow up', rather than skipping over a year.

Spoiler: non-plot-related
There is no mention of which year it is. Apollo does repeatedly state that it's been a year since he got his attorney's badge, though. It doesn't seem likely that Yamazaki and crew spotted the contradiction in the timeline; unless they figured it wasn't worth it to fix.

Of course, then there's the issue of "what were they doing for an entire year between GS4 and GS5?"

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

"boing"

This isn't as much of a question as it is a complaint.

Who thought it was a good idea to create a topic featuring the name of a major character in Apollo Justice who hasn't been officially confirmed by the main site and stick the word "SPOILERS" right next to it?

That basically confirms a potential role in Dual Destinies. I didn't need this. It doesn't help that I didn't have to click the AA5 board to see the caps in front of my face.

I didn't read the topic, and I don't want anyone to confirm or deny anything, but PLEASE don't do that with any other character.

I wish I WERE the best.

Well, you are on the AA:DD section of the forums so don't be surprised when you see spoilers.

Oh, and for the record...

Spoiler: Possible spoilers
As far as I know, Kristoph does not appear in the game at all. Something else about him is discussed.

"boing"

Dougle wrote:
It doesn't help that I didn't have to click the AA5 board to see the caps in front of my face.

I didn't click the board. It shows the name of the latest topic whether I want to click the board or not. In this case, not.

EDIT: Thank you for changing the name, I'm grateful.

Master of sharp things!

I changed the topic title to address the issue. For the record, next time you may want to report the thread or PM a mod or admin with any potential problems so we can see it sooner.

迷探偵

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
So what are the name puns for Shinji Ichiro and the Case 4 and 5 characters?

Spoiler:
Ichiro Shinji (一路信二) -> Ichiro (one road), Shinji -> shinjiru (信じる; to believe) -> 'Believe in one road'. Forms a set with Michiba Masayo (道葉正世) -> can be read as 'michi wa tadase' -> 'Correct the road'。

Case 4
Aoi Daichi (葵大地) -> Aoi Daichi (青い大地) -> 'Blue Earth'
Hoshinari Taiyou (星成太陽) -> Hoshi ni naru (星になる; to become a star) + taiyou (太陽, the sun) OR Hoshinaritai yo- (星になりたいよー, I wanna become a star).
Oogawara Uchuu (大河原宇忠) -> Oogawara (大河原; big riverbed / riverside) (in Japanese, the milky way is called the 'Celestial River', a galaxy is a 'Silver River', but he is not on the river, but just on the sides of it (i.e. not an astronaut, just at a space center)). Uchuu -> uchuu (宇宙; space).
Yuugami Kaguya (夕神かぐや) -> In this context, it probably refers to the satellite SELENE, which was nicknamed Kaguya, or the minor planet Kaguya it discovered.

Case 5
Kiduki Mari (希月真理) -> Mari (真理) can also be read as shinri (心理、psychology).

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Art Person

Spoiler: Character from case 3
Could anyone please post an image of Myriam without her cardboard box? (If she ever takes it off?)

Apologize!!!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Could anyone please post an image of Myriam if ever she removes her cardboard box?

I want it too!

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Bolt Storm wrote:
icer wrote:

Huh. I can't believe
Spoiler: not really a spoiler?
The Dark Days in Law is only four days. So close to Christmas, even. I feel like the timeline is a little too fast for me.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Spoiler: regarding Pearl
Does Pearl still fantasize Phoenix and Maya being "special someones"?

1000% Knight

jaydrick0620 wrote:
Huh. I can't believe
Spoiler: not really a spoiler?
The Dark Days in Law is only four days. So close to Christmas, even. I feel like the timeline is a little too fast for me.

Spoiler:
The "Dark Days of Law" have actually been going on for the past 7 years ^^"

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The Reaper ~

SuperAj3 wrote:
Could anyone please post an image of Myriam without her cardboard box? (If she ever takes it off?)

Here you go:

Spoiler:

Also I took this one because it was so cute xD [Spoilers case 5]

Spoiler:

Page 5 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)