Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 7[ 243 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This thread is for discussion of all things case five-related. Spoiler tags don't need to be used in this thread when discussing the basics of case five. They should be used when discussing earlier cases (though, let's be honest here, this is a final case, so odds are everything is related to a past case somehow) or the later parts of case five.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

I think the name for this episode it out. Can't translate it though.

Spoiler: An image of the name

Derper

WarChild wrote:
I think the name for this episode it out. Can't translate it though.

Spoiler: An image of the name

Spoiler:
Someone on gamefaqs said that it's Turnabout to the Future

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

元・超会社員級の管理人

That is the correct translation, yes.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Who are the Defendant, Victim, Defense and Prosecutor?

迷探偵

Probably somewhere near the end of the first investigation phase:

Spoiler:
Oh, wow, a letter from Mayoi, and Hami-chan and Mitsurugi actually doing stuff! And a robot rebellion! Definitely didn't expect the latter...

Absolute end of (first?) investigation part:

Spoiler:
The returnt of... BLACK PSYCHO LOCKS?!

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

迷探偵

Very big spoiler warning! It's a screenshot of the last moment of the last trial (no shot/name of the criminal), so look at your own risk (but it's so awesome!)

Spoiler:

Overal impressions:

Spoiler:
Okay, so we have a weird combination of GS1-4, GS1-5, GS2-4 in terms of case structure I couldn't help but think 'oh, hey, they did this in that case', and 'oh, that's from that case'. It works as a bit of fanservice, but despite a great portrayal of Odoroki, I don't see it as one of the stronger cases of the game...

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

woosh

Ash wrote:

Spoiler:
Oh, wow, a letter from Mayoi, and Hami-chan and Mitsurugi actually doing stuff! And a robot rebellion! Definitely didn't expect the latter...

Spoiler:
Could you talk at all about what the letter is about?

:O

迷探偵

Ridley wrote:
Ash wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Could you talk at all about what the letter is about?

Spoiler:
Nothing very interesting. She talks a bit about the bombing case and asks whether Nick's seen the Steel Samurai thingies she sent him. The things you'd ask when a friend was involved in such a case :P

A Trustworthy Witness

Ash wrote:
Very big spoiler warning! It's a screenshot of the last moment of the last trial (no shot/name of the criminal), so look at your own risk (but it's so awesome!)

Spoiler:

Overal impressions:

Spoiler:
Okay, so we have a weird combination of GS1-4, GS1-5, GS2-4 in terms of case structure I couldn't help but think 'oh, hey, they did this in that case', and 'oh, that's from that case'. It works as a bit of fanservice, but despite a great portrayal of Odoroki, I don't see it as one of the stronger cases of the game...

Spoiler:
If you don't mind me asking, what makes Apollo's portrayal great in this case?He doesn't seem to have gotten that much attention since the second half of case 4, so I'm pretty curious as to what the developers have in store for him.

By the way, that picture is awesome. I think anyone would confess after seeing those three fingers pointed at their direction!

迷探偵

Ben Lyon wrote:
Ash wrote:

Spoiler:

Overal impressions:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If you don't mind me asking, what makes Apollo's portrayal great in this case?He doesn't seem to have gotten that much attention since the second half of case 4, so I'm pretty curious as to what the developers have in store for him.

By the way, that picture is awesome. I think anyone would confess after seeing those three fingers pointed at their direction!

The short answer w/o going too much into details (and as you already mention case 4):

Spoiler:
Hey, a backstory for Odoroki! Something to explain his motivations! A private life! And, more important, we see Odoroki acting on his own, for realistic reasons (and not just because of Aoi). Much better than I-am-practically-a-puppet-to-tell-Naruhodo's-story GS4 Odoroki

I really want to know. Can someone tell me who is the victim (and the culprit) in case 5?

迷探偵

Victim & murderer spoilers:

Spoiler:
Victim: Aoi Daichi (Odoroki's friend) in the present, Kiduki Mari (Kokone's mother) in the past.
Murderer (both): International Spy "Phantom" (mostly posing as Detective Ban)

Ash wrote:

Spoiler:
Victim: Aoi Daichi (Odoroki's friend) in the present, Kiduki Mari (Kokone's mother) in the past.

Spoiler:
Man, thank you. I really thought the culprit was either Athena, Simon or Fulbright. The suspense was killing me. Haha, but I'll still play it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it! :)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey, a backstory for Odoroki! Something to explain his motivations! A private life! And, more important, we see Odoroki acting on his own, for realistic reasons (and not just because of Aoi). Much better than I-am-practically-a-puppet-to-tell-Naruhodo's-story GS4 Odoroki

Can someone tell me impressions on how it was executed, spoiler-free? Does it fit Apollo's character as you know him, or did it feel contrived?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Ash wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Did they really... make Fullbright the culprit? That's pretty cool, actually

Spoiler:
So is Simon Blackquill actually innocent of his earlier charges? Or does he still remain villainous to the end? If he the prosecutor of the final case, or is Edgeworth?

One question
Spoiler:
Do all three attorneys get equal importance, stake, value, and moment to shine? Please elaborate.

迷探偵

TheIdioteque wrote:
Spoiler:
So is Simon Blackquill actually innocent of his earlier charges? Or does he still remain villainous to the end? If he the prosecutor of the final case, or is Edgeworth?

Spoiler:
He's innocent. And Blackquill takes over from Edgeworth in the last part.

Whooop wrote:
One question
Spoiler:
Do all three attorneys get equal importance, stake, value, and moment to shine? Please elaborate.

Spoiler:
I didn't count acting time, but they all have their moments during this last trial. Phoenix as the leader, Athena as the focal point of the case, and Apollo acting for both his friend, as his own conscience

Spoiler:
A pic of Black Psychos Locks of Athena. (Escuse me for my english, I'm belgian).

Spoiler:

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
Athena with those black locks... How can they be broken?

Spoiler:
OK, if Phoenix is the main attorney, Athena's the focal point and Apollo's doing something else, who will be his co-council?

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Is it the green robot that testifies in the broken courtroom the same one that Kaguya is seen with in Case 4? Because I'm pretty sure Kaguya is speaking through the robot as the nametag says "Kaguya" when the robot is speaking.

Also...

Spoiler: Big spoilers here!!
Was the Fulbright that worked with the crew in previous cases the real Fulbright or was it Phantom who killed him?

And I gotta say...about the final boss...

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers!!!!
I was not expecting Fulbright to take off his mask and reveal Hoshinari! I thought Phantom was actually Hoshinari for a second. Then he transformed into Ichiro and I wondered what mask he was going to reveal next. Of course, I didn't expect the next mask to be Phoenix himself. Makes me wonder how Phoenix feels when he sees himself.

And the breakdown...Pretty epic.

Master of sharp things!

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
Is it the green robot that testifies in the broken courtroom the same one that Kaguya is seen with in Case 4? Because I'm pretty sure Kaguya is speaking through the robot as the nametag says "Kaguya" when the robot is speaking.

Spoiler:
It is. For reasons in the story, Kaguya sends the robot to speak for her as she is otherwise unable to see Nick in person.

Quote:
Also...

Was the Fulbright that worked with the crew in previous cases the real Fulbright or was it Phantom who killed him?

Spoiler:
I'd like to know that myself. Maybe they left that up to the player to decide, since Fulbright did seem to get a bit wackier around the time of the fourth case, at least to me.

Quote:
And I gotta say...about the final boss...

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers!!!!
I was not expecting Fulbright to take off his mask and reveal Hoshinari! I thought Phantom was actually Hoshinari for a second. Then he transformed into Ichiro and I wondered what mask he was going to reveal next. Of course, I didn't expect the next mask to be Phoenix himself. Makes me wonder how Phoenix feels when he sees himself.

And the breakdown...Pretty epic.

Spoiler:
I thought he wasn't actually Phantom, but a subordinate who Phantom had doing his bidding. And that the real Phantom had sniped him at the end of his breakdown.

As for the breakdown itself, it's probably my favorite In the whole series. It's as outrageous as it is ridiculous. From his objection (and with Phoenix's voice, as well!), all those masks, and not even getting to see his real identity at the end... just amazing.

The Chords of Steel

I'm still trying to assimilate the whole thing..I mean it's definitely a shocking ending.

Spoiler:
A part of me is a lil bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the Phantom's face but on the other side it adds mystery to the story. At first i thought that the whole mask after mask was a little to much..but hey! All in all it was a great breakdown.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
I'm thinking that after disguising himself with so many masks, he had lost his true identity. So even if we did see his face, it's unknown if it's his true face or if it's just another mask. I liked the fact we never see Phantom's face so it adds more intrigue to his character.

I've read somewhere that Fulbright died a year before the present case (don't know which case they're talking about but I'm assuming they meant 5-2).

And can anyone translate to what happened with everyone in the credits?

迷探偵

AnsweringNOW wrote:

Spoiler:
It was always Phantom. The real Ban Gouzou had been dead, and the Phantom had taken over his identity.

Charlieboy90 wrote:
I'm still trying to assimilate the whole thing..I mean it's definitely a shocking ending.

Spoiler:
A part of me is a lil bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the Phantom's face but on the other side it adds mystery to the story. At first i thought that the whole mask after mask was a little to much..but hey! All in all it was a great breakdown.

Spoiler:
The Phantom didn't have his 'own' identity, so that's why you never see his true face.

I play videogames.

Spoiler:
I'm in the courtroom right as Fulbright's called to the stand (after you find out he's the true culprit) so it looks like this is the final day. If so, I think it would have been better to have C4+C5 as one large final case. Not that it would make a difference in play length obviously, but there wasn't really a need for Case 4 to end. Was the "not guilty" verdict for Hoshinari the reason perhaps? Still seems strange though because the case isn't technically solved.

Anyways, looks like I'm almost at the end, so I shall keep playing....

Image Image Image

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
I'm going to assume that case 4 is figuring out how Daichi Aoi was killed and case 5 is with Mari Kizuki, right? And why did they hold the trial at the bombed courtroom?

Oh, and...

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers
Did Edgeworth say they found Fulbright's corpse and discovered he had died a year before one of the present cases? Just to make sure if Fulbright died of natural means or if he was murdered by Phantom.

And what was Phantom rambling on about before his breakdown?

Last edited by AnsweringNOW on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We are one

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:

:holdit:

Spoiler:
Where can I find Odeko-kun's backstory?

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

I just finished last night, but I get the feeling I missed something

Spoiler: Motive
Can someone clarify the phantom's motive for me re: Mari? I can't remember exactly why he set out to kill her, and why he bombed the HAT-1 launch in the first place...I was more focused on figuring out the order of events, so it appears I missed some details

I play videogames.

Spoiler:
That. Was. Some. Breakdown. Oh, man... This game really went all out. Stuff seems to be left hanging about the spy's background though.

And can someone help me out? When Edgeworth arrives with the news that the real Fulbright is actually dead, he mentions a mysterious dead body (or something like 謎の死体) found a year ago. Was anything about this mentioned earlier? Perhaps I simply forgot, but when Edgeworth said this, I got confused and wasn't sure if this was referenced earlier. Or did I completely misread the text altogether...?

Edit: Never mind, I think I've got it.

Good game overall. I enjoyed pretty much everything and I'm looking forward to GS6 for sure... But I have some Objection!s... or suggestions rather. I hope they allow us more freedom during investigations. Let us examine every area. It was such a waste because every area looked so interesting. Especially 九尾村. Playing the game, I couldn't help but feel like this was not quite a GS game and this is probably why.
The developers seemed to think it was a pain, but I enjoyed having to navigate around by myself. I would not mind going back to the original format of having to go from point A to point B to get to point C or D. And if they include the note/memo, you really shouldn't get stuck at all. Like I mentioned somewhere else, aside from if you pick up the game after not playing it for a while, you don't need it at all in this game since you're forcefully taken almost everywhere.

Like I said, overall I think the game is great, but the investigation section was quite disappointing to me.

About this quote from the Famitsu interview with Mr. Eshiro. What was this about anyways...? I read it as them saying the message you get from presenting is different for each evidence. However, you still get the "this is unimportant" type dialog out of certain evidence.

Quote:
また、もう1回テキストを読み返したいとか、全部の証拠品を突き付けたいってユーザーさんもいらっしゃると思います。ですので、濃く遊ぶユーザーさんのためには、つきつけメッセージも全部変えたりといったところはちゃんと対応しています。やはりそこはシリーズの伝統なので。何をつきつけても「それは関係ない」と出たり、探偵パートで何を調べても同じメッセージではつまらないですよね。それをやると開発側の手抜きだと思われちゃうので、もう自分たちで自分の首を絞めつつ、スタッフが必死にテキストを書いてくれました(笑)。

And did Pearl foreshadow Maya's return during the credits...? Hmm...

Edit: Also noticed we don't hear from Yugami's sister in the credits.

Image Image Image

元・超会社員級の管理人

Just finished it myself.

Spoiler:
I agree that the pacing of this and case 4 was really odd. It definitely felt like one big case, and while that might have been what they were going for on purpose, it was strange to have the 'final' case be one investigation and one day of trial (even if it was a pretty long day).

Phantom was not the most interesting of final foes, but I will admit I didn't see Fulbright being the culprit at all until they pointed out the escape route used. I did enjoy getting to Perceive one last time, though.

Poor Pearl - she was doing so well as assistant up until the trial, and then she went and vanished for the whole time. I was hoping she'd stand in court for once. Really none of the returning characters besides Phoenix/Apollo were used that well.

Wooster wrote:

Master of sharp things!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Just finished it myself.

Spoiler:
I agree that the pacing of this and case 4 was really odd. It definitely felt like one big case, and while that might have been what they were going for on purpose, it was strange to have the 'final' case be one investigation and one day of trial (even if it was a pretty long day).

Phantom was not the most interesting of final foes, but I will admit I didn't see Fulbright being the culprit at all until they pointed out the escape route used. I did enjoy getting to Perceive one last time, though.

Poor Pearl - she was doing so well as assistant up until the trial, and then she went and vanished for the whole time. I was hoping she'd stand in court for once. Really none of the returning characters besides Phoenix/Apollo were used that well.

Spoiler:
Regarding Pearl, that's kind of the issue with returning characters, isn't it? Everyone wants one character or another to come back, but unless they're put to good use or at least featured properly for the whole case, it's rather pointless and disappointing as shown with Pearl. I know Pearl served a purpose in delivering Maya's letter and explaining the black Psyche-Locks, but I'd have thought she would've at least shown up earlier in the game instead of just half a case.

I have the same issue with Klavier, but that's for another thread.

迷探偵

NinjAngel wrote:

Can someone clarify the phantom's motive for me re: Mari? I can't remember exactly why he set out to kill her, and why he bombed the HAT-1 launch in the first place...I was more focused on figuring out the order of events, so it appears I missed some details

Spoiler:
I don't remember the motive anymore, but I think it was spy-stuff. The phantom had to bomb HAT-1, because it carried the 'Future' capsule with the moonrock (=evidence of him). The same reason he attacked the center in the present

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

I have a question about the final boss.
Spoiler:
In his breakdown, you can see him flipping through various masks. Does that mean that the phantom pretended to be all those people at certain points? Or was it just for that breakdown?

ImageImage

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
I have a question about the final boss.
Spoiler:
In his breakdown, you can see him flipping through various masks. Does that mean that the phantom pretended to be all those people at certain points? Or was it just for that breakdown?

Spoiler:
Nah, I think that it was trying to show the Phantoms identity crisis, that he didn't know who he was through the usage of the old characters. I'm pretty certain he never was any of them (exept bobby)

I wish I WERE the best.

So...

Spoiler:
What happened to all the characters in the credits?

SeanHK wrote:
Spoiler:
And did Pearl foreshadow Maya's return during the credits...? Hmm....

What's this? Please do tell about this.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

The Reaper ~

Bolt Storm wrote:
Just finished it myself.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, it was a bit strange. But I don't know why, I really enjoyed the last case. First part was full of emotions, because of the whole "you have to save both Athena and Blackquill". Then last part was a total mindfuck xD I found it epic yet at the same time a bit bizarre.

I never really suspect Fulbright, it was a character I really liked, I thought "they've finally done a good replacement for Gumshoe" (I like Gumshoe but I also prefer to see new characters). But the more I saw him, the more I was unsure. And when it was discovered that he was the Phantom, I nearly cried xD But oh well, he was a good villain.

And I really like that final cutscene, not what you expect from an AA game xD, but it was beautiful to see them all happy.

Overrall I think this AA is really good. Love the new characters.

~chansey~

Spoiler: Just finished the game!
Just finished the game! It was awesome! (Like all Gyakuten games.)

But wow I say. Ban. I was totally shocked. During the whole 5th case I was thinking; who is it? I couldn't see anyone fitting. First I presented Kaku Hozumi (first defendant), then Yuugami's (Blakcquill's) sister (yeah yeah, I know, stupid) and it wasn't before I actually considered Ban that it hit me... Hard. Well played Capcom, I say. You totally got me.

All in all I really enjoyed the last case. It was special, which last cases are supposed to be. Many twists and turns, and special things happening. Yeah, really the highlight of the game.

Ash wrote:
NinjAngel wrote:

Spoiler:
I don't remember the motive anymore, but I think it was spy-stuff. The phantom had to bomb HAT-1, because it carried the 'Future' capsule with the moonrock (=evidence of him). The same reason he attacked the center in the present

Spoiler:
He had to kill her because she was a threat to revealing his identity. Blackquill went to her with a voice recording with him, which while not being so good as to track a specific person, you could find out other things. Like that he didn't have any feelings...

And bombing the HAT-1 was to get rid of the moon stone with his blood on it. Yeah, he bombed a spacecraft. To get rid of a stone. Biggest overreaction ever. :payne:
Page 1 of 7 [ 243 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)