Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 28 posts ]

Case 2 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This thread is for discussion of all things case two-related. Spoiler tags don't need to be used in this thread when discussing the basics of case two. They should be used when discussing earlier cases or later cases, or the later parts of case two.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 2 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Finished first trial day. The case has a Kyougoku Natsuhiko + Mori Hiroshi vibe to it, which is never a bad thing.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Watching the Case 2 stream.

Spoiler:
Opening implies that gaudy looking secretary dude did it. We haven't had two criminals spoiled in the same game since the original game if that's the case.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Why does Biyouin has green hair when another screenshot of him shows him different hair color?

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
Why does Biyouin has green hair when another screenshot of him shows him different hair color?

Spoiler:
He dyes it a different colour every day; starts off blond, then goes to blue, purple and finally green on day 2 of the trial.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Can you provide the characters of the victim's name and tell me what his name is?

Also, I should have known Biyouin had cellphones on his shoulders.

迷探偵

The second case was fun!

Spoiler:
Though the use of characters was a bit strange. Wait, so Yumemi is Minuki's friend, but Minuki only appears in the first part of the case? And Kokone feels like a Mary Sue-ish character...

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I wish I WERE the best.

Okay, I've just finished watching the Case 2 stream and I definitely have a few questions to ask and a few remarks to say.

Spoiler:
Biyouin's breakdown certainly was unique and I didn't expect the perspective change. I was kind of surprised his hair turned white.

What was Biyouin's motive for killing the victim (name?) anyway? And what was he saying right after his breakdown and the cellphone calls started coming? What he said certainly stirred the crowd.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
The second case was fun!

Spoiler:
Though the use of characters was a bit strange. Wait, so Yumemi is Minuki's friend, but Minuki only appears in the first part of the case? And Kokone feels like a Mary Sue-ish character...

Spoiler:
I hope she won't be as Mary Sue-ish by case 3. We're going to be playing as her.

My game is being shipped as we speak. I expect it by tomorrow.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Okay, I've just finished watching the Case 2 stream and I definitely have a few questions to ask and a few remarks to say.

Spoiler:
Biyouin's breakdown certainly was unique and I didn't expect the perspective change. I was kind of surprised his hair turned white.

What was Biyouin's motive for killing the victim (name?) anyway? And what was he saying right after his breakdown and the cellphone calls started coming? What he said certainly stirred the crowd.

Spoiler:
The point to the end-game of the case was that Biyouin's hair was white and that he had been dying it.

Biyouin wanted to get his hand on the gold treasure in Kyuubi Village, but despite his blackmailing efforts, Kyuubi Village managed to resist the merge with Tenma City (orchestrated by Biyouin). So he killed Kyuubi Village's mayor and set things up to blame Tenma City's mayor (so he could take over, merge the two town and steal the treasure).

The phone calls were from his business associates, saying deals were cancelled, and that he had an enormous debt.

Spoiler: HUGE CASE 2 SPOILERS
Am I the only one who hates the fact that they've shown Biyouin murdering the mayor in the intro?

1000% Knight

Just started.

I thought showing the killer at the start was an AA-only thing!! *facepalm*

Spoiler: this might give it away more... but the case itself already gives it away, but... whatever, just spoilertagging because why not
The trailer made that guy really suspicious, but still... Would it really have been too hard to do a 'shadow-cloaked figure' in the movie instead of the person themself?! ~_~

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
Just started.

I thought showing the killer at the start was an AA-only thing!! *facepalm*

Spoiler: this might give it away more... but the case itself already gives it away, but... whatever, just spoilertagging because why not
The trailer made that guy really suspicious, but still... Would it really have been too hard to do a 'shadow-cloaked figure' in the movie instead of the person themself?! ~_~

Yeah, that surprised me that they did that.

Anyway, I'm up to most of the way through the first trial day, and it's been fun so far. Simon's an interesting prosecutor to go up against, and Fulbright is... dumber than I thought possible, but still quite entertaining.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

bwa ha ha, Polly+Trucy is probably the most hilarious pair in AA.

EDIT:
Spoiler: dunno if this will end up being important or not
As far as I can tell, in the scroll, the fox has eight tails. I wonder if that will actually be a plot point.

I wish I WERE the best.

WarChild wrote:
Watching the Case 2 stream.

Spoiler:
Opening implies that gaudy looking secretary dude did it. We haven't had two criminals spoiled in the same game since the original game if that's the case.

Spoiler:
I wonder if they are trying to give off a feeling similar to the first game. Makes it feel truly like a new beginning.

Anyway, even if they didn't show him killing the mayor, I still would have thought he did it. I mean, there were really no other suspicious suspects, aside from Filch but that's it.

I play videogames.

I finished Case 2 before bed last night, so here are some of my general thoughts

Spoiler:
I was surprised the opening animation revealed the killer again. Though I'll be honest, at first I thought it was a red herring and that Biyouin impaled the mayor's body after he was already killed... or something. I thought this was a trick from Capcom to get us to believe he's the killer from the get-go. I mean, Biyouin kind of seemed too suspicious at first. But by process of elimination, it kind of has to be him. Couldn't have been Kumabe because he doesn't have his own theme... In any case, I was disappointed, despite the obviousness, that they decided to show Biyouin in the opening.

As for the plot of the case, it took quite a while to really grab my attention. I thought most of the case was pretty slow up until it was revealed the Kumabe was the Tenma Tarou.

I was hoping the cases all tied into each other, but this seems more like one of those isolated cases. Well, to be fair all of the AA main series games have had these types of cases. It's more of AAI/GK's thing to tie them all together. If I'm wrong somehow, that would be neat.

Also, the カンガエルート was really cool. I mean, it's pretty simple (you can't be penalized) but the presentation was neat. When you reach the end, and the giant words cross the screen, it really feels like you've figured the case out. Very satisfying feeling.

And I guess this image on the official site was just to fool us. I'm very thankful they did, too.

Overall, I thought the case was a bit slow-moving, but by the final court day things really started to heat up. I'm really enjoying the breakdowns too. : P

Image Image Image

迷探偵

SeanHK wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, the カンガエルート was really cool. I mean, it's pretty simple (you can't be penalized) but the presentation was neat. When you reach the end, and the giant words cross the screen, it really feels like you've figured the case out. Very satisfying feeling.

And I guess this image on the official site was just to fool us. I'm very thankful they did, too.

Spoiler:
Kangaeroute is definitely not a new thing, and the presentation is really similiar to the Logical Diving of Super Danganronpa 2, but it was better here because it wasn't tied to strange Sonic the Hedgehog bonus stage-esque gameplay.

I was actually disappointed there wasn't a Komuriuta thingy there. A real 見立て殺人 would have been awesome.

I play videogames.

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
Kangaeroute is definitely not a new thing, and the presentation is really similiar to the Logical Diving of Super Danganronpa 2, but it was better here because it wasn't tied to strange Sonic the Hedgehog bonus stage-esque gameplay.

I was actually disappointed there wasn't a Komuriuta thingy there. A real 見立て殺人 would have been awesome.

Spoiler:
Aside from the AA/GK games, I don't play any logic/mystery games so I'm not educated in this genre. In any case, I'm glad to have been able to experience something like it here first.

Yeah, I guess if they were going to reveal the killer from the beginning anyways, they could have tied it into the case.

Image Image Image

1000% Knight

Spoiler: Investigation 2
:hobohodo: : ...Oh, darn it!
:minuki: : What is it, Daddy?
:hobohodo: : Remember how I was telling Athena and Apollo about the rules of being a lawyer a bit ago?
:minuki: : Yeah...?
:hobohodo: : I just remembered, I forgot to tell them the other important rule of being a lawyer.
:minuki: : And what rule is that?
:hobohodo: : Don't hand over decisive evidence to the guy you've figured out is the criminal.
:minuki: : Hmm... Don't worry, Daddy. I'm sure it'll be fine! I mean, what are the odds of him doing that?

EDIT:
Spoiler: Trial 2
Is it just me, or does Biyouin look like The Joker when he takes the stand? xD

I wish I WERE the best.

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: Trial 2
Is it just me, or does Biyouin look like The Joker when he takes the stand? xD

Spoiler:
Wow, that was what I thought when he entered the courtroom with the green hair!

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
So how come every time Biyouin arrives, Filch suddenly becomes very 'cooperative'? It's almost as if he was scared by Biyouin.

And judging by how Biyouin acts in the end, I don't think he ever got the gold he killed the mayor for. That's kind of tragic and ironic at the same time. Killing someone only to find that your efforts were in vain. I'm wondering if Biyouin feels guilty about his crime.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Just finished!

I liked the case, though mostly I think I just liked the characters. Yumemi was so cute and I loved her relationship with her father. Phineas was funny, too. I didn't really care for Biyouin.

And I liked Bobby a lot more than I think I should.

Spoiler: later in the game
Though I read a spoiler that I wish I hadn't and now I'm worried about what happens later.

I liked the various gameplay elements, but every time the Mood Matrix opened I found myself wishing it was Apollo's Perceive instead. Does it get more complex/interesting as the cases go on? It just seems kind of a waste that I'm clicking a brightly glowing icon just because it's the one glowing. At least Perceive makes you hunt for it.
ImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

Croik wrote:
Just finished!

I liked the case, though mostly I think I just liked the characters. Yumemi was so cute and I loved her relationship with her father. Phineas was funny, too. I didn't really care for Biyouin.

Though I read a spoiler that I wish I hadn't and now I'm worried about what happens later.

I liked the various gameplay elements, but every time the Mood Matrix opened I found myself wishing it was Apollo's Perceive instead. Does it get more complex/interesting as the cases go on? It just seems kind of a waste that I'm clicking a brightly glowing icon just because it's the one glowing. At least Perceive makes you hunt for it.

I liked Jinxie and Deemon quite a bit, especially Deemon once
Spoiler: Deemon
he started doing the fake possession.

Bobby worked much better than I expected. He's dumb, but charming-dumb.

The Mood Matrix does improve later on, though it never gets really mind-bending. They throw in some tricks to keep you a bit more on your toes with it.

Wooster wrote:

I wish I WERE the best.

How interesting that the case name is translated into "Turnabout Night of 100 Yokai". I'm even more curious to see what the English version is. And excuse me for laughing a little bit at Ginji Kyuubi's background info.

And Biyouin's only 33? For a secretary and a butler for a mayor, he is a lot younger than I thought him to be.

Spoiler:
Weird that he has gray hair at his age.

1000% Knight

Croik wrote:
Just finished!

Yeah, I really like the characters too--in all of GS5, not just this case. It's probably my favorite overall cast in any Gyakuten game.

And yeah, the Mood Matrix gets better and more complex later on. However, I'm not sure if they'll put it in GS6 (or even if they should), since I don't think there's really... anything more complex they can do with it than what they eventually do.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
How interesting that the case name is translated into "Turnabout Night of 100 Yokai". I'm even more curious to see what the English version is.

It might just end up being "Turnabout Demon(s)" or "The Demonic Turnabout". Could do "Night of 100 Turnabouts", but the reference/true meaning would probably be pretty much lost to... basically everyone.

Quote:
And Biyouin's only 33? For a secretary and a butler for a mayor, he is a lot younger than I thought him to be.

Spoiler:
Weird that he has gray hair at his age.

Well, there's Shih-na(maybe?). Well, we know white hair can be 'induced', like with Godot and
Spoiler: GK2
Tenkai.
Spoiler: GS5
Maybe all the stress from his debts did it?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

There is a part early in the case where Apollo and Trucy talk about the possibility of Nine-Tails Vale having a demon parade, so there would be an opportunity for them to explain the reference. "Night of 100 Turnabouts" is pretty cool, actually.
ImageImage

[Whip the cream!]

I really enjoyed the case, actually!

I absolutely loved Mayor Tenma, he struck me as really endearing, and I actually loved when he seemingly went bonkers and acted like Tenma Taro. Jinxie was good fun (I actually liked those jokes about Apollo being a demon), and I liked how much her father wanted to protect her.

I sighed a lot when the fox-mask washed up ashore. "Oh dear me, what a big surprise that the wrestler is gone when the huge, muscular Elderman is dead and that a white hair is inside it... Is this supposed to be some kind of big revelation!?" Then I learned that it wasn't so, and was happy to know that it was in fact Damian who was the wrestler. How the crowd cheered at him at the end... It warmed my heart.
L'Belle was a fun villian, like a narcissistic Wilde with hypomania. I didn't really like that they revealed who was the killer instantly, but what can one do.

And when they tossed confetti and Tenma was doing his Tenma Taro-claw-finger-thingie. Priceless.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The video game boy; the one who wins

I feel pretty much the same about this case as about 1-3 and 3-3. That is, I don't really have much to say other than that it's good and was entertaining to play.
The infamous hand-holding in DD is starting to show, though. Like several times in the last part only where they straight-out told you the answer. Also a lot of typos, which I usually just gloss over and forget the next instant, but here it really bugged me. Something else I disliked was a lot of things felt repetitive, like Apollo getting sprayed in the face or that he said "Yikes!" every time Tenma said something in the detention center.
Speaking of Apollo, I feel like Yamazaki is better at capturing him as a narrator than from an outside perspective. Here he had some good Apollo-lines and didn't feel like an entirely different person.
I really like Jinxie and Tenma. If it hadn't been for Athena, this would have been a fitting case for Apollo and Trucy to work together on, with Jinxie being her friend and all. Considering that it felt like a waste that we got to see so little of Trucy. Phineas Filch I absolutely loathed at first, but he actually got better towards the end.
And I love Simon, but dang he's annoying to deal with in court xD It was great when Apollo finally told him to stop his jabbering so Apollo could finish making his case. Like a boss. And speaking of boss, I thought Phoenix was good here, and I could I actually feel an inkling of his hobo-self. And it was sweet how awe-struck Apollo seemed to see him all suited up, although the impact was lost on the player since he had already appeared in case one.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)