PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Well, he could use it BUT it would sound just off-place

NYAN
-
OmegaVitaminC
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:58 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
I have a question for Oby.
Hello, Oby. May I please pull on your beard? It hangs so temptingly. Just a good yank would suffice.
Hello, Oby. May I please pull on your beard? It hangs so temptingly. Just a good yank would suffice.
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
OmegaVitaminC wrote:I have a question for Oby.
Hello, Oby. May I please pull on your beard? It hangs so temptingly. Just a good yank would suffice.

Wh-What?! S-Stay back...!

No, you may not! What kind of crazy person are you?!
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Another quick update:
The next few chapters of TCon has been finished, bringing the running total up to 138 pages. The final trial already has about 32 pages written, and that's so far mostly just a bare bones outline, so... expect that last chapter to be pretty dang long.
The next few chapters of TCon has been finished, bringing the running total up to 138 pages. The final trial already has about 32 pages written, and that's so far mostly just a bare bones outline, so... expect that last chapter to be pretty dang long.
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
138 *gasp* Howlymoly!
...you have some willpower....
...you have some willpower....

NYAN
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
That's not including what I have for the final trial so far. So the actual current total is about 170 pages. Final draft will likely be over 200.
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
Laurens
- Suspect

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Wow. Just wow.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Added some profiles for some of the OCs showing up in TConsequences. They're in the first post.
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Well, since the new Dual Destinies' soundtrack has been released, do you plan on using those as the in-game soundtrack instead of AAI's? (Because frankly, the pursuit theme from AAI doesn't quite fit.)
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
Suzune Kazama
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:19 pm
- Custom Title: *Ching! Chingeling-ching!*
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
I'm realy looking forward to the next case! The Rogue Turnabout was the first fan-made game I ever played, and the serie remains my favourite one up until this day, even though I've played at least 10 other games since then. Please continue making these great games for us!
:will::will:
P.S. I by no means meant to flatter, I just wanted to share my enthousiasm with you. You deserve that. :edgy:
Spoiler:
-
Voodoo Lady
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am
- Custom Title: Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy
- Location: USA
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
As an official Conflict of Interest staff person, I can assure you that all humorous references to video games within the names of our characters are completely unintentional. References to the youth culture of today only serve to date a video game, and we have taken the necessary measures to avoid accidental allusions of this nature.Suzune Kazama wrote:Spoiler:
Please enjoy the punless, reference-free character names present in this upcoming case-- such as those of Mrs. Porter and her husband, Wheatley C. Johnson.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Another update planned. I was originally going to send it out with the first chapter of TConsequences, but that's looking to be a ways off, so I'll put it out sooner.
Some of the major points of it:
-Altered the metal detector scene so that the blips will never overlap.
-Fixed the bug in the text editor scene so that the player can't skip over it by typing nothing.
-Changed some of Obadiah's dialogue in TRT so that it fits his TOTW personality better. The content is largely still the same, but his approach is a bit different.
-Added a scrolling effect for the title boxes on the main menu.
-Updated the main logo
-And lots of other little things.
There's still one or two things I'd like to get done. I can hopefully get this out within a week or two, depending on how busy I get.
Some of the major points of it:
-Altered the metal detector scene so that the blips will never overlap.
-Fixed the bug in the text editor scene so that the player can't skip over it by typing nothing.
-Changed some of Obadiah's dialogue in TRT so that it fits his TOTW personality better. The content is largely still the same, but his approach is a bit different.
-Added a scrolling effect for the title boxes on the main menu.
-Updated the main logo
-And lots of other little things.
There's still one or two things I'd like to get done. I can hopefully get this out within a week or two, depending on how busy I get.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
Latest version for Conflict of Interest is out.
Stuff that's been updated since last time:
--Fixed a few small bugs, typos, and nametag errors
--Fixed the bug in Turnabout on the Web that allowed the player to press the enter key in the text editor and proceed without actually typing anything
--Added an alternate present option for one of Kylie Washington's testimonies
--In Rouge Turnabout, altered some of Obadiah's dialogue, particularly the scenes where you see him out of court. The content is still largely the same, but his approach is different. I've also edited some of Nick's responses to him.
--Added a new animation for Obadiah. Shows up in a few scenes.
--Changed the metal detecting scene. I removed the background music. What this does is it allows me to prevent the overlap of the "beep" effects, should the player click really fast. So now you won't be hearing a whole mess of beeps everywhere and it should be less confusing.
--Added a line in the TOTW walkthrough specifying how to use the text editor.
--Added in a scrolling effect for the title boxes in the main menu
--Updated the main logo so that it has Phoenix's AA5 hairstyle and a shinier logo. (thanks to Darth Wiader for this)
--Updated the court record button so that it will highlight by mousing over it and will play a sound effect when it's clicked.
--Gave some anti-aliasing updates to Mark Watters
--In certain sprites, Togamera had six fingers. This has been fixed.
--Changed Virgil Black's mini-sprite
--Updated some of the profiles on the list found in the penthouse safe
--Removed the notice at the beginning of ATIWATW (I figure most of the people it was relevant to have already
played the case)
Stuff that's been updated since last time:
--Fixed a few small bugs, typos, and nametag errors
--Fixed the bug in Turnabout on the Web that allowed the player to press the enter key in the text editor and proceed without actually typing anything
--Added an alternate present option for one of Kylie Washington's testimonies
--In Rouge Turnabout, altered some of Obadiah's dialogue, particularly the scenes where you see him out of court. The content is still largely the same, but his approach is different. I've also edited some of Nick's responses to him.
--Added a new animation for Obadiah. Shows up in a few scenes.
--Changed the metal detecting scene. I removed the background music. What this does is it allows me to prevent the overlap of the "beep" effects, should the player click really fast. So now you won't be hearing a whole mess of beeps everywhere and it should be less confusing.
--Added a line in the TOTW walkthrough specifying how to use the text editor.
--Added in a scrolling effect for the title boxes in the main menu
--Updated the main logo so that it has Phoenix's AA5 hairstyle and a shinier logo. (thanks to Darth Wiader for this)
--Updated the court record button so that it will highlight by mousing over it and will play a sound effect when it's clicked.
--Gave some anti-aliasing updates to Mark Watters
--In certain sprites, Togamera had six fingers. This has been fixed.
--Changed Virgil Black's mini-sprite
--Updated some of the profiles on the list found in the penthouse safe
--Removed the notice at the beginning of ATIWATW (I figure most of the people it was relevant to have already
played the case)
Last edited by Ropfa on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New boxart!!!)
How the hell did I miss it? Maybe he had polydactyly? :DRopfa wrote:In certain sprites, Togamera had six fingers. This has been fixed.
Spoiler: Bugs and possible spoilers for TRT and TOTW:
Last edited by Darth Wiader on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Aaaaannnd...
Looks like version 1.4.2 may be coming out rather soon.
Looks like version 1.4.2 may be coming out rather soon.
-
SevenCarrots
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 440
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
hey man nice to see you're still working on this ;)
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Darth wiader, I actualy pointed the finger thing out, you can see it when he grabs his sunglasses.

NYAN
-
FaradayKay
- Suspect

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 am
- Custom Title: "The Great Yatagarasu!"
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I adored this game, it was fun, and the story was really cool.
I hope you make another game soon!

I hope you make another game soon!

-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Thank you!
I can MAYBE have the first half of the next case out this winter. We'll see how progress goes. It'll all depend on a variety of factors.
I can MAYBE have the first half of the next case out this winter. We'll see how progress goes. It'll all depend on a variety of factors.
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Are there any returning characters in TConsequences?
Spoiler: The Rouge Turnabout
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Okay, I'd like some feedback.
I've been considering replacing the Confrontation - Moderato and Confrontation - Allegro music in this game with the tracks from GK2. The versions in that game, I feel, sound a bit more intense than the ones from AAI1, which are being used right now. How would you feel if I changed out these tracks for the GK2 ones?
Main thing to take into consideration is whether or not they mesh well with the rest of the courtroom music. That, I feel, is more important than just picking my favorite tracks and slapping them all together into one soundtrack.
I also ask because I know there are some out there who might be opposed to having music from a game that hasn't been released in English. For those of you who feel that way, speak now or forever hold your peace.
AAI1 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwGFsVyJJ0c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaLY9HabUtQ
GK2 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jinQPeAz_1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLtXyXLWOk4
I've been considering replacing the Confrontation - Moderato and Confrontation - Allegro music in this game with the tracks from GK2. The versions in that game, I feel, sound a bit more intense than the ones from AAI1, which are being used right now. How would you feel if I changed out these tracks for the GK2 ones?
Main thing to take into consideration is whether or not they mesh well with the rest of the courtroom music. That, I feel, is more important than just picking my favorite tracks and slapping them all together into one soundtrack.
I also ask because I know there are some out there who might be opposed to having music from a game that hasn't been released in English. For those of you who feel that way, speak now or forever hold your peace.
AAI1 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwGFsVyJJ0c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaLY9HabUtQ
GK2 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jinQPeAz_1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLtXyXLWOk4
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I think GK2's confrontations are better than AAI's. (Oh, and the presto fits for a killer's cross-examination.)Ropfa wrote:Okay, I'd like some feedback.
I've been considering replacing the Confrontation - Moderato and Confrontation - Allegro music in this game with the tracks from GK2. The versions in that game, I feel, sound a bit more intense than the ones from AAI1, which are being used right now. How would you feel if I changed out these tracks for the GK2 ones?
Main thing to take into consideration is whether or not they mesh well with the rest of the courtroom music. That, I feel, is more important than just picking my favorite tracks and slapping them all together into one soundtrack.
I also ask because I know there are some out there who might be opposed to having music from a game that hasn't been released in English. For those of you who feel that way, speak now or forever hold your peace.
AAI1 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwGFsVyJJ0c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaLY9HabUtQ
GK2 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jinQPeAz_1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLtXyXLWOk4
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I belive you know my opinion on AAI music soooo yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes, I support this idea 100%!

NYAN
- Jereshroom
- Suspect

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am
- Location: California
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I'm playing Turnabout on the Web and am on scenepsychewoman3. When I hit the "later" button, the game glitches. How do I fix this?
[edit]I tried again from an earlier point in the game and it worked. Does playing while the game saves mess things up? Or could my computer be causing it?
[edit]I tried again from an earlier point in the game and it worked. Does playing while the game saves mess things up? Or could my computer be causing it?
Balance > elegance > flavor > superultramythicrarekilleveryhtingstuffs to make players happy
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
It can do that occasionally. This game might have issues upon reloading if you save during a menu or list. I believe that's an issue with Pywright.Jereshroom wrote:Does playing while the game saves mess things up? Or could my computer be causing it?
Last edited by Ropfa on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
The rough draft for Turnabout Consequences has been completed. Final total is 218 pages, making it the longest script so far, just barely longer than Rouge Turnabout (although whether or not that comes out to longer gameplay can't really be determined until it's all programmed).
For the final two cases, I've had some people do a bit of background work for me, since I still suck in that area. Here's a teaser for one of the images:
For the final two cases, I've had some people do a bit of background work for me, since I still suck in that area. Here's a teaser for one of the images:
Spoiler: Minor spoilers
-
JordanKitsune
- Suspect

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 am
- Custom Title: I aspire what assists me
- Location: Australia
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Ropfa wrote:The rough draft for Turnabout Consequences has been completed. Final total is 218 pages, making it the longest script so far, just barely longer than Rouge Turnabout (although whether or not that comes out to longer gameplay can't really be determined until it's all programmed).
For the final two cases, I've had some people do a bit of background work for me, since I still suck in that area. Here's a teaser for one of the images:
Spoiler: Minor spoilers
My sincerest compliments to the artist.
-
Laurens
- Suspect

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Wow the guy who made this has some serious talent.
Imo it's one of the best fanart I've ever seen!
Imo it's one of the best fanart I've ever seen!
-
jolly_old_saint
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm
- Location: Space is the place
- Contact:
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I'm a bit new to this fangame scene, but I have to say that these cases blew me away. They were fun, challenging, everyone fit in, and above all everyone stayed in character. It had me grinning ear to ear for hours.
If I have any gripes, its the same I have with the actual series - the occasional hard thing to spot while investigating and sometimes the game calls for a certain profile/piece of evidence when another might work. Nothing at all gamebreaking. Although
Keep up the wonderful work, can't wait for the next one. Even if there's apparently a boatload of these fancases I have yet to try. :udgy:
If I have any gripes, its the same I have with the actual series - the occasional hard thing to spot while investigating and sometimes the game calls for a certain profile/piece of evidence when another might work. Nothing at all gamebreaking. Although
Spoiler:
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Glad to hear you liked it. ^_^jolly_old_saint wrote:Spoiler:
I recall somebody else mentioning a similar problem, but I was never able to figure out what was causing it.
Spoiler:
I've since found the problem and solved it. It will be fixed when the next update is released.
Last edited by Ropfa on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
jolly_old_saint
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm
- Location: Space is the place
- Contact:
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Ropfa wrote:Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I passed on that message to the artist and she says thank you.Laurens wrote:Wow the guy who made this has some serious talent.
Imo it's one of the best fanart I've ever seen!
-
Laurens
- Suspect

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Ropfa do you mind giving us a little update?
Or are you to busy playing aa5?
Or are you to busy playing aa5?
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Well, right now my biggest roadblock is the backgrounds. There's one in particular that I need to get that will serve as a reference for several others, so I can't even start the rest until it's been finished.
The script for T-Consequences is completely finished. In the first section, there's only one character whose sprites aren't completed yet (but that shouldn't take too long, since I already have a base ready). The coding is pretty far along and just needs to be bug tested and have line breaks inserted. The only remaining evidence is stuff that will be based off of the backgrounds. Really, it's just backgrounds. And as I can't do them myself, it's hard to judge when the whole thing would be finished.
I'm currently shooting for a January-February release for the first half. We'll see. Depends on how quickly that art gets finished.
The script for T-Consequences is completely finished. In the first section, there's only one character whose sprites aren't completed yet (but that shouldn't take too long, since I already have a base ready). The coding is pretty far along and just needs to be bug tested and have line breaks inserted. The only remaining evidence is stuff that will be based off of the backgrounds. Really, it's just backgrounds. And as I can't do them myself, it's hard to judge when the whole thing would be finished.
I'm currently shooting for a January-February release for the first half. We'll see. Depends on how quickly that art gets finished.
-
mario555555
- Suspect

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Hey can you send me a link for pywright 0.987 I can't seem to find it anywhere and when I play the case a turnabout is worth a thousand words the game crashes after 1-2 minutes. So if you could give me a link to where I can download .987 I'd greatly appreciate it
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Either in the Pywright updates menu or here.
Also, could you tell me what sentence it was freezing on? The game's meant to be played in .987, but I'd like to know anyway.
Also, could you tell me what sentence it was freezing on? The game's meant to be played in .987, but I'd like to know anyway.




