Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Talking About Canada...Topic%20Title

A Seeker of Truth

My fellow Canadians; do you feel Canada is underrepresented amongst this international fan-base? Do you want to show some patriotic pride to the community? Or do you dislike parts of this country, and wish to share your opinion about it with those who understand? Well this thread is your place to be vocal :godot:

That said, Canadians and non-Canadians alike, feel free to discuss anything you want regarding our Country; what you like, what you dislike, what you find ho-hum, etc. All voices are welcome :phoenix:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To get us started, I'll mention some of my likes and dislikes:

-One thing I LOVE about Canada is some of our landscapes. From rocky mountains (and the hot springs they contain :phoenix: ) to bustling forests (the ones that aren't chopped are MASSIVE, and a joy to hike through) to our Great Lakes (just beautiful... :larry: ), there's so much to behold. I know that sounds like bragging a bit -to some extent, perhaps it is- but I can't help myself; while not everywhere contains such magnificent terrain such as this, it is seeing things like these that make me feel happy to be a Canadian :phoenix:

-One thing that I dislike about Canada is our weather; not so much any particular season we have -I like rain, snow and sun all well enough- but because it's so unpredictable :payne: For example: one year we will get only a couple months of winter, a lot of rain and plenty of warm weather. Another year, 6 months of winter and temperatures and weather patterns that fluctuate all over the place another. I know that no country has ideal weather, so maybe I shouldn't be making a fuss, for it may not be unique in this aspect. Still, its something that I thought I should mention, as it is annoying to me personally :payne:

-One thing that I'm not sure how to feel about in Canada is our dialect; while some of us talk 'Canadian', not a lot of us do. In fact, I feel quite certain we (or at least me and a lot of the people in my area) don't really have any 'proper' accent at all; in that regards, I feel we are perfectly boring in the way :grossburg: I know accents aren't important and this is a rather superficial complaint; but again, I thought it worth mentioning, so I did :yogi:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: Talking About Canada...Topic%20Title

The Real Human Being

Those Canadians have had it too good for too long!
My fellow amerifats! WE STRIKE AT NOON.

(because we're too engorged to wake up at dawn)

A Seeker of Truth

DoMaya wrote:
Those Canadians have had it too good for too long!
My fellow amerifats! WE STRIKE AT NOON.

(because we're too engorged to wake up at dawn)

WHAT?! :beef: But...but...but...what did we do?! :larry: Here, have some maple syrup, beer, bacon, sausages and beavertails (for those of you not in the know, they are pastries covered in sugar in the shape of... well.. beaver's tails); enjoy! Will you not attack us now? :phoenix:

LOL Yeah... our country is nowhere near perfect, but we have it okay here :phoenix: Our health care's pretty good at least :minuki: I don't know how it compares to other countries' too much though :shoe:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Do you see the black one...or the white?

We're greedy Americans. We want all your land and your food because we're nothing more than greasy, morbidly obese, greedy neanderthals. You've just convinced me to join our fellow Americans into invading your peaceful country with the promises of even more food that will help lead to an even quicker heart attack. If only our fat selves weren't too lazy to get up off the couch while gorging ourselves on Big Macs and complaining about how our government and school systems are killing our country.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Zoinks

As a Brit, I'll just sit here with a cup of tea and laugh at you Northern American scum while you bicker.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

The Real Human Being

Yellow Magician wrote:
As a Brit, I'll just sit here with a cup of tea and laugh at you Northern American scum while you bicker.

Freedom freedom! We kicked your asses before we'll do it again!
Remember the Alamo!
Four score and seven years ago!
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness!

In Justice We Trust

Canada, you gave us Proton Jon. You're good in my book.
I'll always love you, Max.

A Seeker of Truth

dullahan1 wrote:
We're greedy Americans. We want all your land and your food because we're nothing more than greasy, morbidly obese, greedy neanderthals. You've just convinced me to join our fellow Americans into invading your peaceful country with the promises of even more food that will help lead to an even quicker heart attack. If only our fat selves weren't too lazy to get up off the couch while gorging ourselves on Big Macs and complaining about how our government and school systems are killing our country.

Aw phooey, I hoped that might actually work :yuusaku: Back to the drawing board I suppose... :yuusaku:

In all seriousness though, I respect the USA and Canada alike :phoenix: Your country and your people- many of the ones I've met in any case- are pretty cool; in my opinion, you guys don't deserve the stupid stereotypes that have spread about you guys :minuki:

Then again, the same could be said of a lot of different countries; there are pretty stupid stereotypes about pretty much any country you can think of. Canada has a fair few stereotypes: I don't pay attention to all of them, but some seem to give the impression that we are bunch of beer guzzling rednecks, or that we all live in igloos. They ARE pretty ridiculous though, so I usually just laugh it off :phoenix:

A Seeker of Truth

General Luigi wrote:
Canada, you gave us Proton Jon. You're good in my book.

Haha... well I'm glad you approve of us :phoenix:

GentlemanGamer wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Aw phooey, I hoped that might actually work :yuusaku: Back to the drawing board I suppose... :yuusaku:

In all seriousness though, I respect the USA and Canada alike :phoenix: Your country and your people- many of the ones I've met in any case- are pretty cool; in my opinion, you guys don't deserve the stupid stereotypes that have spread about you guys :minuki:

Then again, the same could be said of a lot of different countries; there are pretty stupid stereotypes about pretty much any country you can think of. Canada has a fair few stereotypes: I don't pay attention to all of them, but some seem to give the impression that we are bunch of beer guzzling rednecks, or that we all live in igloos. They ARE pretty ridiculous though, so I usually just laugh it off :phoenix:

I don't believe in stereotyping either, do I'm guilty at laughing to myself on the rare chance that I do meet that one person who fits all the stereotyping perfectly. I tend to joke a lot about where I'm from too, not just being an American, but being a Texan. People automatically assume we're strict rednecks who ride horses, live on ranches, and go to rodeos and I suppose in some cases it's true, but I've always got to remind people how big and diverse our state is. I mean c'mon, we've got NASA, the total opposite of riding horses. Granted, the part I'm from, I live pretty far away from ranches and cowboys and hicks with thick southern drawls, but I don't think it hurts to poke fun of myself sometime and where I'm from. I have a tendency to pick on things that I like, and I like where I'm from enough. Sure it's far from perfect, but that's going to be anywhere you live really.

To steer it back on topic though, I'd love to have a chance to visit Canada one day. I've seen pictures and I hear it's gorgeous up there. I'm a big fan of nature and compared to where I live, I'd love to experience land forms that go past my ankles in height.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

A Seeker of Truth

dullahan1 wrote:
I don't believe in stereotyping either, do I'm guilty at laughing to myself on the rare chance that I do meet that one person who fits all the stereotyping perfectly. I tend to joke a lot about where I'm from too, not just being an American, but being a Texan. People automatically assume we're strict rednecks who ride horses, live on ranches, and go to rodeos and I suppose in some cases it's true, but I've always got to remind people how big and diverse our state is. I mean c'mon, we've got NASA, the total opposite of riding horses. Granted, the part I'm from, I live pretty far away from ranches and cowboys and hicks with thick southern drawls, but I don't think it hurts to poke fun of myself sometime and where I'm from. I have a tendency to pick on things that I like, and I like where I'm from enough. Sure it's far from perfect, but that's going to be anywhere you live really.

To steer it back on topic though, I'd love to have a chance to visit Canada one day. I've seen pictures and I hear it's gorgeous up there. I'm a big fan of nature and compared to where I live, I'd love to experience land forms that go past my ankles in height.

Haha... I understand perfectly what you mean :phoenix: Your homeland is kinda like a close friend; you know it well, both its good side and its flaws, so you feel as comfortable complimenting it as you do poking fun. :minuki: That's a good position to have methinks; to be neither blindly patriotic nor completely cynical about it, but simply feel comfortable where you are :phoenix: And yes... I will admit I too laugh when I meet a Canadian who fits a stereotype perfectly; I feel bad about it, but its one of those things I just can't help :phoenix:

I hope you do get the chance to visit us in the North one day :phoenix: We're not a perfect picturesque country by any means, but we have a good deal going for us when it comes to our natural attractions; it's really one of those great things you gotta experience for yourself :godot: But hey; I LIVE in Canada, so of course I'm perfectly biased, so feel free to take that with a grain of salt :edgy:

earthlings on fire

I'm sure it's probably like this to an extent in the US as well because the width of the two countries are generally the same, but what blows my mind about Canada is that the way of life and the culture is so different from the east coast and west coast. People have completely different accents, the landscapes are as different as can get, the way of life and the standards of living are so different. I've noticed that the west coast tends to have more opportunity and is quite future-driven, whereas the east coast promotes a quieter, more traditional life. This of course is a generalization but it's why you find so many old people on the east coast living their retirement days.

edit: I'm Canadian! Should mention that :pearl:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

The Real Human Being

AMERICA!

Yellow Magician wrote:

Would you like a chocolate digestive? I'll pop out and get the scones as well soon.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

The dwarf geeky panda!

Talking about Canada, I always wondered how the enlgish side saw the french side. the only commentaries I heard were from documentaries and those were not that good. The last one were from "The desunited states of Canada" and man -_-''' I really felt like we are two freaking different countries in one!

But what are your most renowed movie? What tv show is really popular in your side? Who're your popular canadian artist (there as to be more than Justin Bieber THERE AS TO BE!)
Please don't hit me...

earthlings on fire

Shao-Mae wrote:
Talking about Canada, I always wondered how the enlgish side saw the french side. the only commentaries I heard were from documentaries and those were not that good. The last one were from "The desunited states of Canada" and man -_-''' I really felt like we are two freaking different countries in one!

But what are your most renowed movie? What tv show is really popular in your side? Who're your popular canadian artist (there as to be more than Justin Bieber THERE AS TO BE!)

Reading your post, I was unsure if you mean that you're French Canadian or not from Canada at all. If you're not from Canada, I can explain a little of the French-English relations and share some links if you're interested. I'm just not quite sure where you're coming from.

Of course, any perception can only be how I see reactions and therefore may be generalizing, but for the most part English Canada sees Quebec separation as exhausting due to not believing it would work or even happen. In my opinion, even though the PQ's entire platform they were essentially elected on is Quebec nationalism, they ignore some pertinent stuff that needs to happen. Their recent policies and views on Quebec culture are a tad extreme and borderline racist. But I don't live in Quebec and can't provide anything 100% accurate.

As for television, well, we watch a lot of popular American and British television. The Canadian shows that I personally are fond of the ones CBC puts out (and excluding their news programs which are high quality but probably not what you meant), such as the political satire shows like The Rick Mercer Report and This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Some other Canadians shows I'm not really into but tend to be popular are Corner Gas, Mantracker, Degrassi and Little Mosque On The Prairie. The latter I think was rejected for airing in the US because of its Muslim characters? That saddens me because it's a really well-known show and to reject it on that basis seems...really wrong.

Canadian artists? These people are popular and so are these.
ImageImageImage

Last edited by Cravat of Doom on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The dwarf geeky panda!

I'm from Quebec and yeah, I know we sound a bit racist sometime, but how to say it it's complicated, very very very very complicated. to keep it awfuly brief, the french canadian culture was always in danger of disapearing since the english came. So travel a lot in the future and you can see we are very insecure about protecting it since now we are assimilated by the american and the english side, when new culture want more visibility we freak out saying it ain't or values! Also people seem not really eager to learn about the other culture in more depth.

PS: Now the PQ was elected because we neede a change of politician. People were just tired of Liberal after 12 years so nationalism do not have a link for now. (Why PQ? Because people do not trust the 3 others and the student crisis didn't help those ones.)

Feel weird that I never ever heard about those show, and those tune do not tell me anything, (Don't worry I know who Avril Lavigne, Bryan Adams and Céline Dion are).But maybe it's because I thought the were american. But it's just weird. Wonder if the english side watch the french show, cinema and french music.

It's true what they says: Canada: The two solitude.
Please don't hit me...

You know, a Mario game!

I'm Canadian too! Did you know that the guy that invented the telephone and the guy who invented the sport of basketball were both Canadian? So, next time you call someone up or sit down to play NBA Jam, you can thank us for that. However, we're also responsible for Justin Bieber, so I'm terribly sorry about that one. The comedian Mike Myers is also Canadian as well!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I've tried to hear the difference between a canadian and american accent, but I just can't! That's even after googling the supposed differences to try and hear them more haha.

Canada looks like a beautiful country and is a main one of my list of countries I want to visit. I could maybe knock the states and canada off in the same trip (I'm planning and saving for a massive spell of travelling once I graduate!).

Call me James

samboo1 wrote:
I've tried to hear the difference between a canadian and american accent, but I just can't! That's even after googling the supposed differences to try and hear them more haha.

Gotta pay more attention, eh? :bro:

Missed you, btw :gymshoe:

On topic, Canada seems pretty cool. Found myself watching VGA through their Phoenix Wright shows and I slowly started to learn more about Canada and all that. Found it kind of interesting to hear they have a Prime Minister like us Brits.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Game On

This commercial pretty much wraps up how I feel as a Canadian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

I am like a super proud Canadian and I love Canada so much. And honestly I can't even list off all the amazing great things about the country or else this would be a really long post. But a lot of great things have been stated already of how beautiful our country is and our health care system and our syrup ect. Another thing I love about Canada is the stereo types we do get. I think they are really funny. And it is also funny to see Americans coming over in July with skis and being confused as to why there is no snow. Or when tourists try and pay with Canadian Tire money. :will:
Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

The dwarf geeky panda!

Or when they wonder where are the logwood houses and the igloos. Or the "can you write my name in Quebecer". Probably a joke but still funny. Though I'm not really proud of being Canadian I respect those who does.
Please don't hit me...

Game On

Shao-Mae wrote:
Or when they wonder where are the logwood houses and the igloos. Or the "can you write my name in Quebecer". Probably a joke but still funny. Though I'm not really proud of being Canadian I respect those who does.

Are you saying its a joke about people paying with Canadian Tire money and stuff? Cause that has actually to me. I mean sure its not common but it happens :p
Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

Heh heh.

DoMaya wrote:

AMERICA!

It's nice how the guy on the right is still British. :yuusaku:

I'm American, but I've heard good things about Canada in my lifetime :edgy: Namely, its health care!
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

earthlings on fire

9mayasato9 wrote:
DoMaya wrote:

AMERICA!

It's nice how the guy on the right is still British. :yuusaku:

I'm American, but I've heard good things about Canada in my lifetime :edgy: Namely, its health care!

Pssssst! Psssst! *whispers* It's the same actor on both sides!
ImageImageImage

Heh heh.

*blink* *blink* HOLY-- *did not recognize* :snackood:

It's even funnier now.
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

You know, a Mario game!

One thing I recently found out is that Canada's video game industry is the third largest in the world, next to only the US and Japan. Assassin's Creed and the Batman Origins Games are just 2 franchises that were made in Canada.
My Twitter Account

I'll express my appreciation for Canada here.
I've met and contacted several people from several countries, but probably the most polite and pleasant people I've met are from Canada. I don't like to label or generalise in any way but the country's culture really gives me a good impression. Along with Japan, Australia and Germany, Canada is probably one of the few countries I really want to visit (I've already been in Scotland and England).
And about the Quebec issue, I think I studied something like this past year in Geopolitics classes. I wonder if the protests are still going on.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Which protest are you talking about? Those happening now are so small that it should not bother anyone...
Please don't hit me...

Would like to visit to Canada with my friends next year...

But man, why does everything have to be more expensive there?! :meekins:

You know, a Mario game!

Chikikyo wrote:
Would like to visit to Canada with my friends next year...

But man, why does everything have to be more expensive there?! :meekins:

Everything except for healthcare! :hotti:
My Twitter Account

Fate Testarossa

Gaiz.

How could you forget the MOST IMPORTANT THING?

POUTINE.

Fate is made by クロス

A Seeker of Truth

kwando wrote:
Gaiz.

How could you forget the MOST IMPORTANT THING?

POUTINE.

YES, THIS :trucy:

Oh, oh, oh! AND Beavertails! :phoenix: ... okay that might require a little explanation first; I don't actually mean I eat the tails of beaves :payne:

beavertails are this super-duper-delicous pastry in the shape of a beaver tail and covered in various icing sugars depending on the flavor.
Trust me, it's tastier then it may look :phoenix: You can really only grab it in places like Ottawa unfortunately, but it's a most excellent treat if you ever get the chance to try it :apollo:

You know, a Mario game!

Aww, that sucks, since I live in New Brunswick, which is about as far away from the capital as you can get in Canada. I still love me some poutine and Canadian bacon, though. However, I don't like Hockey. Me and my parents are the only people I know who don't like Hockey.
My Twitter Account

A Seeker of Truth

dimentiorules wrote:
Aww, that sucks, since I live in New Brunswick, which is about as far away from the capital as you can get in Canada. I still love me some poutine and Canadian bacon, though. However, I don't like Hockey. Me and my parents are the only people I know who don't like Hockey.

Well MAYBE you could still get it in NB, I'm just not sure where; I have never been myself :sadshoe: Ah well, at least you still get good ol' juicy poutine no matter WHERE you are in the country :phoenix: And you can add me to that list, I don't like hockey either.; you watch OTHER people play a game for 2 hours+, one that is not very absorbing to watch I might add, just to find out ONE result that may or may not even matter by the end of the season. And this is fun how exactly? :ron: It's okay to PLAY, but it's still not my preference even then; I'm no good at skating, you see, so I don't play very well. :yogi: To those who like hockey and are reading this message, I mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to insult your tastes; everyone has their own preferences, these are just mine :phoenix:

You know, a Mario game!

Right, some people in this country take Hockey WAAAAAY too seriously, starting riots and destroying thousands of dollars worth of property when their team loses, and sometimes even when they win. Idiots in large numbers are scary.
My Twitter Account

Fate Testarossa

I TAKE INSULT TO YOUR DISLIKE OF HOCKEY *glares*

Fate is made by クロス

A Seeker of Truth

kwando wrote:
I TAKE INSULT TO YOUR DISLIKE OF HOCKEY *glares*

Hehehehe.... um... :sadshoe: .... hey, look over there, a change of topic! I spy BACON! :redd:

A Seeker of Truth

dimentiorules wrote:
Right, some people in this country take Hockey WAAAAAY too seriously, starting riots and destroying thousands of dollars worth of property when their team loses, and sometimes even when they win. Idiots in large numbers are scary.

I concur. :phoenix: Of course, that applies to any sort of extremist crowd; sports fanatics, gamers, otaku, enviornmentalists, etc. When too many people with blind passion and extreme emotion get together, things often don't turn out that pretty :sadshoe:

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same
Page 1 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices