SuperAj3's Sprites!

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
Post Reply
FenrirDarkWolf
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
Custom Title: Otter

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Oh, I like.
However, do you think you can clean up the outlines on the poster and the window? They look a bit messy.
View my Sprite thread!
Image
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by SuperAj3 »

BuddyFaith wrote:Oh, I like.
However, do you think you can clean up the outlines on the poster and the window? They look a bit messy.
Ok! I'll do that next!
P.B. Crudstache
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm
Custom Title: Too bad. Waluigi Time.
Location: 667 Dark Avenue

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by P.B. Crudstache »

These are some solid edits you got there. The Winston Wright is pretty funny, too.

Off topic: That av is Mother 3 related, no? Glad to see another fan of the series here.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:These are some solid edits you got there. The Winston Wright is pretty funny, too.

Off topic: That av is Mother 3 related, no? Glad to see another fan of the series here.
Yes it is! I tried spriting myself as an overworld character.
JoekerTrack
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm
Custom Title: The world ends with you

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by JoekerTrack »

Do you do requests? Can you draw an original sprite? (At least on the old ones?)
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by Sligneris »

SuperAj3 wrote:How's this version of his office?

BEFORE: ------------------------------- AFTER:
Image Image

EDIT: I will fix that outline around the pot soon.
Something looks off for me. I think you could work on the shadows of bench and Charley, maybe? And window looks somehow out of place... Other than that, it's perfect! :D
 
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by SuperAj3 »

An un-named male OC WIP:
Spoiler:
Image
This is my first OC i've ever made, so I'm going to try my best to replicate the AA style as closely as I can.
FenrirDarkWolf
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
Custom Title: Otter

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

That body...
Is too small for that head. His shoulders should be wider to become proportionate with the head.
View my Sprite thread!
Image
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by SuperAj3 »

BuddyFaith wrote:That body...
Is too small for that head. His shoulders should be wider to become proportionate with the head.
Haha, I noticed that. I tried to widen it a little, and I'll probably extend it a little more.
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!

Post by SuperAj3 »

JoekerTrack wrote:Do you do requests? Can you draw an original sprite? (At least on the old ones?)
Sorry for not replying to this any earlier, at the moment I'm not doing requests I'm afraid. Sorry.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sorry for 3 posts in a row, but more sprites!

This is an Older Pearls I made to help 256Pi
Image
I used Matt Engarde's hair, Pearl's necklace, and Mia's eyes and the rest is all hand sprited!

And my OC animated!
Image Image
FenrirDarkWolf
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
Custom Title: Otter

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I gotta admit, that's a pretty sweet looking Pearl. Though, she doesn't seem to have sclera....
On the OC, it's looking nice, but, perhaps you can raise the shoulders some, he looks like he's slumping over.
View my Sprite thread!
Image
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by SuperAj3 »

BuddyFaith wrote:I gotta admit, that's a pretty sweet looking Pearl. Though, she doesn't seem to have sclera....
On the OC, it's looking nice, but, perhaps you can raise the shoulders some, he looks like he's slumping over.
Pearl: EDIT: I tried making it lighter but it made no difference, so I'm leaving it as is!

OC: Thanks for the tip! I'll fix it a little later
User avatar
pokemonmercury
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 pm
Custom Title: Sarcastic Prosecutor

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by pokemonmercury »

Nice GK Penny Sprite...
Though she already is in GK2... :garyuu:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by SuperAj3 »

pokemonmercury wrote:Nice GK Penny Sprite...
Though she already is in GK2... :garyuu:
Yeah, I made them a year before GK2 was announced XD
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Athena Cykes Sprite:
Image
~Dataman~
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 pm
Custom Title: One hyperactive finn.

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Wow, that's great! :phoenix:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Thanks! I've made some DD smileys!
Image Image Image
Athena, Simon, Bobby
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glacius
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 am
Custom Title: The Minecraft Attorney
Location: Playing Something Random

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!

Post by Glacius »

How do I use the smileys and the Simon smiley is broken. :yuusaku:
Image

My Collection of Ace Attorney Skins ---->http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 10&t=27364
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Glacius wrote:How do I use the smileys and the Simon smiley is broken. :yuusaku:
Ah! I'll fix up the Simon one!

To use each one, you'll have to treat them as images and use the Image
You'll need:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/JinSmiley2_zps162b60ea.png[/img]
For Athena Image, copy this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/AthenaSmiley_zps13e6181e.gif[/img]
For Bobby Image:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Bansmiley_zpsa83ca992.gif[/img]
[/spoiler](I'll add all of these to the first post as well!)
Rajin
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Custom Title: Apologize!!!
Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!

Post by Rajin »

I like Simon's smily. :D Can I request for next ones? How about Bobby with his mouth wide-open and Juniper cough-ing?
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Rajin wrote:I like Simon's smily. :D Can I request for next ones? How about Bobby with his mouth wide-open and Juniper cough-ing?
Ok, when I get time, I'll try them! (I was thinking of making a Juniper one, but I'll try animating her coughing!)

EDIT: For any future requests from anyone, I haven't played Dual Destinies, so I won't be able to make every character (As I don't know how they look!) Also, at the moment, no spoiler animation requests please.
Glacius
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 am
Custom Title: The Minecraft Attorney
Location: Playing Something Random

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!

Post by Glacius »

SuperAj3 wrote:
Glacius wrote:How do I use the smileys and the Simon smiley is broken. :yuusaku:
Ah! I'll fix up the Simon one!

To use each one, you'll have to treat them as images and use the Image
You'll need:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/JinSmiley2_zps162b60ea.png[/img]
For Athena Image, copy this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/AthenaSmiley_zps13e6181e.gif[/img]
For Bobby Image:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Bansmiley_zpsa83ca992.gif[/img]
[/spoiler](I'll add all of these to the first post as well!)
Thanks! Amazing work with your sprites! :will:
Image

My Collection of Ace Attorney Skins ---->http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 10&t=27364
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!

Post by SuperAj3 »

@Rajin: I couldn't find any images of Bobby with his mouth wide open, so I couldn't make that one, but here's Juniper:
Image

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Keho2_zpsafaa30bf.gif[/img]
Rajin
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Custom Title: Apologize!!!
Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: 30/7/13 UPDATE!

Post by Rajin »

hmm.. Well I got source here.
Spoiler:
Image
Anyway,,, that Juniper is so good! That's one very cute smily. I'll use it when I have a sore throat. Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: 30/7/13 UPDATE!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Rajin wrote:hmm.. Well I got source here.
Spoiler:
Image
Anyway,,, that Juniper is so good! That's one very cute smily. I'll use it when I have a sore throat. Image
Ah! Thanks! (I didn't think to check English screenshots!)
I do have a bit of a cough at the moment, it's annoying... Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites: 30/7/13 UPDATE!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Taka Smiley!

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/TakaSmiley_zps19771a44.png?t=1376911525[/img]
I'm watching you! Image
Rajin
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Custom Title: Apologize!!!
Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Rajin »

That's hawkeye for you. ⊙◇⊙ Nice smiley! What will you do next?
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Rajin wrote:That's hawkeye for you. ⊙◇⊙ Nice smiley! What will you do next?
I will re-do Bobby as requested with a salute, and an open mouth!
Then I may start with Case 1, like Tonate?
Spoiler: GS5-1 spoiler
I'm so tempted to make one of Tonate banging his visor on the bomb, but that's a spoiler haha.
Rajin
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Custom Title: Apologize!!!
Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Rajin »

I can't wait for Bobby's new smileys! Speaking of Ted... Non-spoiler animations would be typing his machine-stuff, right? :sawit:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Rajin wrote:I can't wait for Bobby's new smileys! Speaking of Ted... Non-spoiler animations would be typing his machine-stuff, right? :sawit:
That's right! Or have his visor eyes extend and retract?

EDIT: Bobby Saluting! Image

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Ban-salute_zps5df6798c.gif[/img]
ジャスティース! Image
Rajin
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Custom Title: Apologize!!!
Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Rajin »

Yes, the visors! We can use him when we want to magnify something on screen.

That Bobby... I don't know Japanese but I'm sure he's saying 'Justice'! He'll be used when we feel something justice!

Image
Just this!!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Rajin wrote:Yes, the visors! We can use him when we want to magnify something on screen.

That Bobby... I don't know Japanese but I'm sure he's saying 'Justice'! He'll be used when we feel something justice!

Image
Just this!!
He's saying "JUSTICE!" Like in the games lol

EDIT: It took me an hour and a half, but here's Ted Tonate! (He's been one of my favourite Dual Destinies characters right from the beginning!)
Gotta keep my eye out! Image

Code: Select all

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Tonate2_zps0a3c3584.gif[/img]
Voodoo Lady
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am
Custom Title: Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy
Location: USA

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Voodoo Lady »

Much as I love him, shouldn't his helmet be rotating with his face?
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Voodoo Lady wrote:Much as I love him, shouldn't his helmet be rotating with his face?
It should, and to me it looked like as the mouth and the bottom of the helmet (around his chin) moved slightly, it looks like everything's shifting, I'll try later of and make his helmet move, I just don't know how to! ^^'
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Sligneris »

These are not really "sprites" anymore, right? :P
 
Rajin
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Custom Title: Apologize!!!
Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Rajin »

Sligneris wrote:These are not really "sprites" anymore, right? :P
You was probably saying "AA sprites".. if those smileys are not sprites.. what are they? :yuusaku:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sligneris wrote:These are not really "sprites" anymore, right? :P
They're still sprites, only not AA human style characters at the moment, I've had a lot of ideas for OC characters, and I'm trying to work out a method of converting digital drawings to sprites (Like they've done in the actual AA games).
I can scale them down, and make them look like sprites, but each frame has it's slightly different colours, so they flash.
Percei
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm
Custom Title: My name is Judge.
Location: Just Outside Your Peripherals

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by Percei »

Use color palettes in PS or GIMP, that way you can get the same colors across every sprite.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Here's my first attempt at converting a drawing to a sprite:
I drew the head and neck as an image, and re-sized it and then sprited a body quickly to make it look more full.

As usual, Photoshop froze on me as it was saving the file, and I was smart enough to take a screenshot of it before the program 'unexpectedly quit'. (Hence the background still there)
Image
The anatomy is not there, I know, but it is a test. I was inspired when I saw this (These are the BEST fan sprites in the world!):
Spoiler: NSBT's Sprites
Image
Post Reply