And I will start with something I found dumb in Persona 4. I'm playing it as we speak.
Technically, two things that were pretty dumb... but here goes.
C-A





Never played a Harvest Moon game before, but I'm not sure about getting into the series. Not all that interested into farming anyways.Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:bumpbumpbump!
I am tempted to buy both Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning but my mom might get upset if I buy more stuff.
But my bank account is full of money because I only buy stuff when I know for sure I want it.
And A New Beginning looks friggin adorable.








Embrace that weird side of yourself! Fight demons-err I mean personas! Fuse demons-err I mean personas! And strengthen bonds with your friends! and create a harem!Lucy wrote:Recently I have been interested in Persona 4. I don't know much about it other than a couple of the conversations I've read here and the beginning of a Let's Play of it.
I honestly have no idea what it's about. I have searched it, but what I've read hasn't made much sense to me. Something about collecting Personas? What's the purpose of the game?



No, Blak, honey, that's Persona 3.Blak The Great wrote:Embrace that weird side of yourself! Fight demons-err I mean personas! Fuse demons-err I mean personas! And strengthen bonds with your friends! and create a harem!Lucy wrote:Recently I have been interested in Persona 4. I don't know much about it other than a couple of the conversations I've read here and the beginning of a Let's Play of it.
I honestly have no idea what it's about. I have searched it, but what I've read hasn't made much sense to me. Something about collecting Personas? What's the purpose of the game?









Is your aunt secretly PURE EVIL!!Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:Calisto Yew looks like my aunt ._.


Pierre wrote:Is your aunt secretly PURE EVIL!!
D'oh! Forgot about age.Pierre wrote:Though congratulations, I dunno about your Aunt's age but if they are anything close to mine then looking like Calisto Yew at that age is certainly an impressive feat.

That's bullshit!Pierre wrote:Nope unless you have access to the expansion of the time "The Answer" that came with the FES variety.
Then you get to play a little later on with the cast coming to terms with the ending of P3. Though it's almost entirely endless battling so it's not THAT great.



Well the ending didn't explicitly state....hang on opening spoilers.CatMuto wrote:That's bullshit!Pierre wrote:Nope unless you have access to the expansion of the time "The Answer" that came with the FES variety.
Then you get to play a little later on with the cast coming to terms with the ending of P3. Though it's almost entirely endless battling so it's not THAT great.
And a total punch in the face for anyone who doesn't have access to The Answer. Plus, what the fuck kind of idea is it to explain the ending in an expansion? That is stupid and terrible marketing! Just proves that you suck at making a good, coherent ending.
Atlus, you fail!
Fo' Shaaaaame! *finger wag*
C-A


As far as I remember she's on the roof of the school.CatMuto wrote: Someone know where Aigis stands on the last few days if you maxed her S Link?
C-A




Ix-nay on the STRONG SPOILER IMPLICATIONS-AYCatMuto wrote:I looked at the roof and all I found was a chance to look at the flowerbed, where the flowers were about to wither... SYMBOLISM!
I don't know. If the game can't explain its ending and has to rely on expansions or out-of-game sources like artbooks and in-depth game manuals and such, you are doing something very, very wrong. (Similar to how, apparently, Namco answers the question who Mr Ending is in an artbook or something like that. I think it's just a sad attempt to stop people from complaining of not getting an answer, but in Tales of the Abyss? The ambiguity of Mr Ending WORKS. Here, it doesn't, mostly because there is an official sequel - P4A, counting as a sequel to P4 and P3)
The way the ending is portrayed here... is no ending at all.
It just stops. Even Gina and the 5 Blue Pots had something that really felt like an ending. After the adventure Gina had, her father returns. Here it just... nothing. Just bang and Poof!
Sure, the fact that the battle-winning techniques costs all the HP might be a clue. But if it's a clue, I expect something to happening immediately and not two months after the battle.
C-A






CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

Wait, your 3DS is region locked? That's weird, mine is able to play Ouendan 1 & 2 perfectly, maybe only 3DS games are locked?CatMuto wrote:I want Harvest Moon: A New Beginning~! :igarashi:
Even if I prefer the title Land of Beginning...
But it's not out in Germany...
And I am not gonna buy an American 3DS, just so I don't have to wait. *goes off to rant about fucking region locks again*
C-A

Mhmmm I think it's just 3DS games.dimentiorules wrote:Wait, your 3DS is region locked? That's weird, mine is able to play Ouendan 1 & 2 perfectly, maybe only 3DS games are locked?CatMuto wrote:I want Harvest Moon: A New Beginning~! :igarashi:
Even if I prefer the title Land of Beginning...
But it's not out in Germany...
And I am not gonna buy an American 3DS, just so I don't have to wait. *goes off to rant about fucking region locks again*
C-A


Correct. The 3DS is region locked. For 3DS games. I hate region-lock... Any employee working on a console to be released and suggests region lock needs to be shot in the knee cap and then fired.dimentiorules wrote:Wait, your 3DS is region locked? That's weird, mine is able to play Ouendan 1 & 2 perfectly, maybe only 3DS games are locked?




It's more of a national thing to my knowledge. If something isn't region locked but is released earlier elsewhere (ala Japan > everywhere) then people will import it from that source and thus hurt game sales and the economy of the country they live in already.dimentiorules wrote:Yeah, I don't really get the point of region lock, either. What's the point of preventing people from importing? It's not like it's illegal or anything!



Can't be. After all, once I import something, I generally don't buy that game again with a different region.kwando wrote:We all know this is the real reason...







CatMuto wrote:Oh dear God, Namco Bandai what have you done!? It's great that you want to bring out a remaster of Symphonia, but what in God's name is making you pick these costumes?! Are you fucking high!?
First majory disgusting thing you did was give Kratos, Kratos, the badass of the group, Ludger's outfit which has suspenders on it! Don't you dare look me in the eye and say that is a take on Kratos' most-likely-official Bondage fetish, considering his Judgement outfit! That is just wrong! Lloyd is the one who wears suspenders and I would still like to take them off and smack his ass with them because they are just horrifying to look at.
Then you take Refill, who had a quirky side with the Ruin Mode but was otherwise a pretty levelheaded person, and give her Pascal's outfit? Whatever made you think that you should put that outfit on her?! It looks so stupid on her! Why not give her Rita's outfit and not Collet? Or better yet, give Refill a Tear outfit! I hate Tear, but her outfit was pretty neat. Or even Farah's outfit! If it has to be a healer's, make it Mint's! Don't give her this stupid ass short-shorts with suspenders. It just looks dumb!
Oh man, this really makes it very unlikely I will get the Unisonant Pack.
C-A


The Unisonant Pack is an HD Remaster of Symphonia and Knight of Ratatosk, to come out for the PS3. The localized version is called Chronicles. I was a bit iffy about the remaster in the first place, because I thought Symphonia's PS2 version was fine as it was... and the only way I would enjoy Knight of Ratatosk, is if they were to scrap the entire game and rebuild it anew, with a bigger budget, more time and adding in things that obviously did not make it into the game due to previous time and money constraints.Pierre wrote:What is that a 3DS remake of Symphonia? That's pretty neat if so.



I'm the same for the FFX HD.CatMuto wrote:The Unisonant Pack is an HD Remaster of Symphonia and Knight of Ratatosk, to come out for the PS3. The localized version is called Chronicles. I was a bit iffy about the remaster in the first place, because I thought Symphonia's PS2 version was fine as it was... and the only way I would enjoy Knight of Ratatosk, is if they were to scrap the entire game and rebuild it anew, with a bigger budget, more time and adding in things that obviously did not make it into the game due to previous time and money constraints.Pierre wrote:What is that a 3DS remake of Symphonia? That's pretty neat if so.
And I don't want anyone to think I hate Tales Cameo costumes. I like them, they're fun... as long as there aren't too many of them. Vesperia was terrible, shoving Cameo costume after another into it, I think even Graces did that... same with Xillia.
But I think the Cameo costumes have to "make sense" and not just be put in because the Cameo costume's character is very popular. *coughLeoncoughYuricough* Putting Lloyd into Guy's outfit? Makes sense. Genius in Luke's? Eh... not really? The others are kind of hit and miss... Presea in the other loli-characters of Xillia 2, Elise, makes sense. But Refill and Pascal? What's the connection?
C-A


I saw a comparison pic of FFX and the HD Remaster... and the HD Remaster made Yuna look more dead-eyed and doll-like than before. What is it with everyone wanting an HD Remaster these days? HD isn't that great, after all.Pierre wrote:I'm the same for the FFX HD.
Though those graphics don't even look great on HD for PS3, looks more fitting for Vita or 3DS.



I dunno...I'd blame a lack of imagination.CatMuto wrote:I saw a comparison pic of FFX and the HD Remaster... and the HD Remaster made Yuna look more dead-eyed and doll-like than before. What is it with everyone wanting an HD Remaster these days? HD isn't that great, after all.Pierre wrote:I'm the same for the FFX HD.
Though those graphics don't even look great on HD for PS3, looks more fitting for Vita or 3DS.
C-A



Two reasons why I will most likely not get Wind Waker HD... at least, not very soon, if I choose to purchase it. I still have the Golden Edition of Wind Waker for my Gamecube and it works just fine. I don't own a WiiU, it costs too much for my tastes.dimentiorules wrote:I only buy remakes if either A. I don't own the original, or B. they make lots of changes to the game to make it fresh and new, like Super Mario 64 DS did.




Hmm... I didn't get it immediately, because the Golden Edition of WW had OoT + Master Quest in the case as well. But I did get the 3DS version eventually, solely because the controls got updated.dimentiorules wrote:Well, maybe that's not entirely true, as I did get Ocarina Of Time 3D for the sole reason that it had Master Quest in it.

