Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Fitness and DietTopic%20Title

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Emiko Gale wrote:
VCM wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:
If it hurts then it's working. ^^;

True. I call it "glory pain"

Also I'd like to state I've lost 3kg since I restarted gym training 2 weeks ago. Slow but steady! :D

The journey is better than the destination anyway...At least to me it is.

I think so too, but not in fitness. I just want to be thinner and be able to run longer/faster. I'm not even concerned about muscles anymore (as opposed to when I was a 16-year old stupid jock who busted his joints trying to lift more than he could)

Ace Sidekick!

Ok ok...Maybe you're right. *tries not to laugh*

Emiko Gale wrote:
Ok ok...Maybe you're right. *tries not to laugh*

No, seriously. I've never broken anything in my entire life, but I developed serious postural problems over the years (which got so chronical that I had to undergo physiotherapy for the entirety of last year, unable to practice physical activities other than soccer) and I'm pretty sure my recklessness in the gym had everything to do with it.

So, the topic's dead, I assume we're all fresh and bulky from all this fitness right!!!!!!

Ace Sidekick!

VCM wrote:
So, the topic's dead, I assume we're all fresh and bulky from all this fitness right!!!!!!

Thank you for bumping up my topic. ^-^

I have to say I've changed since the time I set my goal...I've become more slender and I eat less.

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
VCM wrote:

I have to say I've changed since the time I set my goal...I've become more slender and I eat less.

You're welcome! I was at the gym today and happened to remember this thread.

I've been kinda disappointing these past few days, all the cold and the traveling that came with the winter vacations kept me relatively away from exercising and I've gained a pound or two. Still, I'm back. *tightens fist, hits palm, plays Eye Of The Tiger*

Ace Sidekick!

VCM wrote:
Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
VCM wrote:

You're welcome! I was at the gym today and happened to remember this thread.

I've been kinda disappointing these past few days, all the cold and the traveling that came with the winter vacations kept me relatively away from exercising and I've gained a pound or two. Still, I'm back. *tightens fist, hits palm, plays Eye Of The Tiger*

*giggles* x3

State Alchemist

Now that this topics been revived thanks to the good old CR Necromancer, I guess I can give an update too.

Still fit, as usual. Right now, I'm just continuing to build up some muscle for sports and what-not. I've made up a small daily routine of doing about 20 push-ups, 20 squats, 20 sit-ups, and about 30-60 seconds of plank exercises at home if I'm not outside running with my cross country team at school.

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
I've made up a small daily routine of doing about 20 push-ups, 20 squats, 20 sit-ups, and about 30-60 seconds of plank exercises at home if I'm not outside running with my cross country team at school.

Yikes! I felt tired just by reading this

I'm currently experiencing glory pains, which means my return to the gym was sucessful

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Still fit, as usual. Right now, I'm just continuing to build up some muscle for sports and what-not. I've made up a small daily routine of doing about 20 push-ups, 20 squats, 20 sit-ups, and about 30-60 seconds of plank exercises at home if I'm not outside running with my cross country team at school.

The first one I can't do, partially because I'm not fit and another cause it always looked dirty to me, the second just makes my thighs burn reading about it... the third I might be able to do. XD

My fitness hasn't changed, mostly because the exercise bike I mentioned is still a clothes hanger.

C-A

When I get back from Leeds next week, I'm going on the 5:2 diet.

You have 5 days of eating like you normally would, and 2 days with only 500 calories. I thought it sounded like bullshit but people at work are saying how great it is so I might as well try it.

I think my 500 calorie days will be Monday and Friday. I'm kind of nervous because I've been counting calories the last couple of weeks and even on my days when I don't eat a lot, the least amount of calories I've had is 710.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Louise wrote:
When I get back from Leeds next week, I'm going on the 5:2 diet.

You have 5 days of eating like you normally would, and 2 days with only 500 calories. I thought it sounded like bullshit but people at work are saying how great it is so I might as well try it.

That sounds an awful lot like a diet I got told about in Nutrition during cosmetician school. I think it had a different name, but was also known as the Wet Days-Dry Days Diet. Days where you were allowed to eat and then there were days where you were not eating anything but your whole day's nutrition comes from liquids.
And said liquids could be anything, it could be wine.

And that is not a good diet. For one, giving up food for more than one day will not bring any good results. Another would be that it fucks with your system as you void your body if nutrients like protein, calcium and similar by not eating food.

For Diets, I was told that Not Eating For One Day works. None of that stuff where you don't eat for five days and think you'll lose weight. What you actually do is void your body of vital nutrients and set your body into a mode where it has a temporary thyroid (or was it the hyopthalamus) hypofunction, which can end really, really badly. Not to mention that it'll make your stomach shrink and no, that does not help in making you lose weight in the long run.
Don't eat solids for a day but drink a lot of water, juice, unsweetened tea and then resume to eat solids the next day. It won't damage the body and will let your body use up some of the reserves it has stored. Actually, during summer when the weather is hot, anyway, it's suggested to drink a lot more and not eat three big meals during the day, but several smaller things over the course of the day - a salad, maybe a sandwich later, apples or fruits, etc.

C-A

If the 500 calories are correctly balanced between nutrients I don't see how it is a bad idea, I just didn't understand why specifically 2 days of the week. I'm probably gonna look it up, I lack the will to commit with diets but I think if it's just two days of the week then I can buckle up and endure it

Ultimate Survivor

I usually just keep by the tried and true method of not eating more than my suggested calorie amount each day. I also run/jog 3 or 4 days a week, so I tend to stay at a pretty steady weight (I'm usually a pound or two within 120 whenever I check).

I try not to stress out about calorie counting too much. It can be useful sometimes, but it's usually just easier for me to eat moderately than completely deny myself certain foods just because they're high in calories.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

The Real Human Being

I recently got a sandbag and a dumbbell set in my backyard.
I noticed that my left hand isn't as strong as my right, so I've been lifting 20 pound weights all with my left to get it stronger.

(wanna guess how my right one got stronger?)

I've been on that 5:2 diet I mentioned up there for 8 weeks now. It's not got any easier but I'm DEFINITELY sticking to it because I can almost pull down my trousers without undoing them so I reckon I've lost half a dress size. I'm so pleased that I'm actually losing weight.

DoMaya wrote:
(wanna guess how my right one got stronger?)

Picking mushrooms?
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

I'm wanting to slim down my stomach a little (I know before Christmas right?).
However lord knows what's trustworthy on the internet these days.

I was wondering if people here had any home-exercises they had done without equipment that especially helped in this area.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Cleaning up? Then again that would work more for legs... sit ups, maybe?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Cleaning up? Then again that would work more for legs... sit ups, maybe?

C-A

:nick-sweat: I appreciate the effort but those uncertain responses don't fill me with much confidence though yes I'm trying sit ups.

I was hoping for more answers borne of experience.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Last week, I started using the exercise bike once a day. I'm starting out on 15 minutes although I am going for 30 minutes in total. Except for Monday, when I was feeling so bad. And today, I either pulled something or it's just starting to take effect cause my thigh is burning and it feels like a tendon is being overstretched.

C-A
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices