Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 4 of 4[ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Maya or TrucyTopic%20Title

Obsession : Godot

Mayaaaa
I dont know, shes just more entertaining and fun, and she can channel a spirit, that is cool. And trucy... hmm... her magic panties, mr hat, and gramarye stuffs, is annoying.
siggy made by Vickinator
My DA account | Proud supporter of Miego and Klaviema

Trucy. Given her age and circumstances around her life, I find her way smarter than Maya. I can accept if someone says Maya's "cute" or "strong", but I'll never see her as an intelligent or smart character. I'm not saying that Trucy is that clever but when she's serious and talking about an important matter, you feel that she actually has perceived something and thought about it in order to find a solution. 4-2 was proof that Trucy can solve problems and save her partner's butt without sacrificing herself, and it doesn't make her selfish or less loyal than Maya, but smarter.

Maya uses her power to channel Mia (thing that even Pearl can do), but in the end of the day, who technically helps Phoenix with intelligence is Mia, not Maya. Maya can be "useful", but she NEVER uses her intellect... It really annoyed me the fact that she always channeled Mia when Phoenix were in trouble or when she needed to figure out something. And yes, she gets herself into trouble way too much... You can say that it's not her fault, but it doesn't change the fact that this kind of repetition affects the character's image.

Sorry 'bout the necroposting, but I just had to post this.

Gettin' Old!

Trucy, she's more competent, cuter and not shipped as much with the person she is assisting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Maya because her bond with Nick is much better than Apollo and Trucy's, at least in my opinion :P
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I've felt worse.

As an actual character? Maya, any day of the week.
As a legal aide? Trucy, so long as no magic secrets that can't be revealed to the public are involved.
Edit: After reading the rest of this thread, I'm left wondering... why was Trucy Apollo's assistant again? Refresh my memory, because all I can remember is Trucy saying "I'll go with you." before they left to see Phoenix at the clinic
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
As a legal aide? Trucy, so long as no magic secrets that can't be revealed to the public are involved.
Edit: After reading the rest of this thread, I'm left wondering... why was Trucy Apollo's assistant again? Refresh my memory, because all I can remember is Trucy saying "I'll go with you." before they left to see Phoenix at the clinic

Uh, Apollo chose to work at Wright Anything Agency, where Trucy already was working at as a "magician". It's certainly not a very good reason to become a legal assistant to someone but Maya's reason was not that great either, given how she could go back to Kurain right after 1-2. Instead, she waited until she became to feel "useless"...

If I had to choose between the two, it would be Maya. Trucy felt too bland as a character in comparison.

C-A

I've felt worse.

dangerousoffender wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Uh, Apollo chose to work at Wright Anything Agency, where Trucy already was working at as a "magician". It's certainly not a very good reason to become a legal assistant to someone but Maya's reason was not that great either, given how she could go back to Kurain right after 1-2. Instead, she waited until she became to feel "useless"...

And that's pretty much it. Apollo doesn't even question Trucy following him around, as if he knows he's supposed to be followed by a teenage girl. I was at least hoping he would say something about it by the time he entered the courthouse, but by then, he just pretty much accepts that Trucy is there. If he does question it, then show me.
And yes, Maya could have just went back to Kurain right after Turnabout Sisters. Or she could have fulfilled her dead sister's final request:
Quote:
-Phoenix: Uhm, Maya...
Why are you here?
-Maya: Because of this!
See? Mia wrote me a letter.
"Take care of Phoenix for me."
-Phoenix: Take care of... huh?
-Maya: She means the office! This office!
Someone has to help with the new Wright & Co. Law Offices, right?
And who better but me! Maya Fey, reporting for duty!
Wait, no, on second thought, let's make this casual!
Yo, Nick! Maya here, ready to get down to business!
You... don't mind me calling you "Nick," do you?
It's a great name! Mia said that's what your friend Larry calls you.
-Phoenix: ("Nick"...?)
-Maya: You know what this means? We're partners!

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The video game boy; the one who wins

Maya, as she's one of my favourite AA characters ever.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Mystic Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaa! Mystic Maaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Image

(Oh my dear, I almost pressed the "New Topic"-button. I don't want to imagine my tired mind accidentally making a entire thread just to scream "Mystic Maya". And I would probably name it something like "Why can't I send this post without naming it?" And then it would be too late.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

I initially didn't like maya, i thought she was bland, insufferable and i hated her "cutesy dumb" schtick :maya-shock:
As i played through the original trilogy though, she got more endearing, and she kind of grew on me, i dunno why either. Even though she wasn't always the most reliable character, it was kind of nice having her in court next to Feenie :phoenix:
and yeah, Trucy's cute and all :sillytrucy: but she never felt "important" to me.

I will admit that i've gotten really really tired of people pairing :maya: with :phoenix: . I mean no. just no.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

I personally like Trucy more than I like Maya.

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Don't get me wrong: I like Trucy, but why judge your companion based on how much they babysit you? It's the player's job to solve the case, not their virtual assistant. I prefer Maya becauseI think she's better at providing dialogue to make things interesting, and emotional support for phoenix, among other things...
The execution rests, Your Honor.

I prefer Trucy but think Maya is better as an overall character (and has better theme music...)

Surf's Up!

Maya, because I feel that her interaction with Phoenix is a lot better than Trucy's interaction with Apollo. Also, I don't see what all the fuss about Mr Hat is, seeing as he's essentially another Trilo (except Trilo had some dialogue I rather liked). Thankfully, Trucy barely existed in Dual Destinies, which was something that I saw as a huge positive (and would like to see more of).

Komachi wrote:
A super easy question for me. I've never liked Maya. :yuusaku: One of my last favorite types of characters are silly girls, and unfortunately she's one of them.*shot*

Having replayed AJ recently, I'd say that Trucy is far, far more sillier than Maya is.

"Eggs?"

I think it's a tie. Usually, what I do to compare two alike characters is switch what games they're in. Imagine Trucy being in the original trilogy and in PL vs PW, and then Maya in Apollo Yoostis and Dual Destinies.

Yeah... It kinda works for both of them...! So I'm calling it a tie.

But me, with a personal opinion? :gbaglove: :trucy:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Objection!

I think they're both great supporting characters to the main lawyers in the series, but I have to say I like Maya more.

I adore Trucy, she's so cute, and her magic tricks are very cool, don't get me wrong, but I feel as though Maya has been there all along, you know? She was always there with "Nick", and I feel like because she has been around for much longer, I like her a little more.

Plus, Maya's burger obsession is honestly me. :maya:
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe

Winter Flag Trademark

Both. But I think Maya's a little bit better (about 4% better) than Trucy. Because Maya is Immature and Glutton while Trucy's sorta Mature and not-so-glutton, I think she would've fit better.

In fact, I would've said Trucy's the best one if it wasn't for those damned Magic Panties Trick. :dahlia:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Crushing on the prosecutors

TRUCYYYY!
"Er, wasn't she poisoned, by, um, poison?"

Muh-Maya. :maya:

Ace Gamer

Maya! :maya:
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!

Happy Maria

Overall,as a character? Maya,definitely.

But in AJ and in a few parts of SoJ,I find Trucy to have some hilarious lines. But since DD and most of SoJ did nothing with her,I'll have to give it to :maya:

Maya
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do
Page 4 of 4 [ 143 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)