Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 24 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Is it me or does the sprites and animation look abit pixelated?

I think they do look a bit "low-res", but that's because of the 3DS' resolution. However, it's a bit more noticeable if you

A) Have a 3DS XL
or
B) Have 3D on

If you're new to the 3DS, it will take some getting used to, but after a while it will look fine. I think Dual Destinies looks a lot less "Low-Res" than Layton and the Miracle Mask did.

yeah i figured it could be more noticeable on the XL since i brought that one today so i assumed it was only that issue for the XL and not the regualar 3DS. I still enjoy it more and it would take some time to get used to it especially since i havn't had a 3DS since KH Dream drop

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I actually think Miracle Mask looks much more sharp, because the menus had un-antialiased borders and the font was anti-aliased properly with all letters looking fine, unlike in Dual Destinies where some letters are cut off in the sides. Typical Capcom, but at least it isn't unreadable like MH3U is sometimes.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Playing case 2 and i gotta say i love Blackquill's dark humor haha
Spoiler:
The whole hole in stomach bit unable to eat cracked me up xD

Wotter boy

Spoiler: Case 2
When was L'Belle's hair purple? I remember meeting him at the beginning and it's blond. Then again in part 2, it's blue. Then in court it's green, then back to blond.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
When was L'Belle's hair purple? I remember meeting him at the beginning and it's blond. Then again in part 2, it's blue. Then in court it's green, then back to blond.

Spoiler:
End of the 2nd investigation day, when he and "Filchy" are practicing their lines for court the next day.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
I remember at first when L'Belle' hair changed color I was like how the how did that happen and why didnt apollo and Athena not noticed it while they were speaking with him untill the end

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
I remember at first when L'Belle' hair changed color I was like how the how did that happen and why didnt apollo and Athena not noticed it while they were speaking with him untill the end

I thought the whole thing about Hair spray was obvious. ImageNow I wanna use it so badly.

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Spoiler:
why is it that in Case 3 when juniper showed her costume design apollo didn't notice it was exactly like Lamiroir outfit O_O

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

This is a question for someone who's played the Japanese version of the game. I've heard something interesting over on the gameFAQS DD forums:

Spoiler: Case 2, regarding a really small detail
Apparently at some point in the localized version, Wright mentions something about a friend of his in Europe. People on the gamefaqs forums have been speculating on who it is, with many suggesting it's Professor Layton, hinting at the cross-over really "happening" in the AA universe. However, I know that if a character in the Japanese version goes to America, it's localized as them going to Europe, so my question is: Is this reference to a friend in Europe in the japanese version? If so, is the friend in "Europe" or "America" in the original version? If it's "Europe" in the Japanese version, it probably was a reference to Layton, but if it was "America" in the Japanese version it's probably someone like Von Karma or one of Wright's other friends.

Please no story spoilers!

Thanks!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

BonnyMono wrote:
I thought the whole thing about Hair spray was obvious. ImageNow I wanna use it so badly.

Spoiler:
Sorry, it's not for sale. Besides, it's probably made out of watercolor paint. "Washes off with just water!" After all, the guy was in huge debt. Where could he have gotten so much money for a new chemical formula when all that money went to advertising? :P

D.A. McCoy wrote:
This is a question for someone who's played the Japanese version of the game. I've heard something interesting over on the gameFAQS DD forums:

Apparently at some point in the localized version, Wright mentions something about a friend of his in Europe. People on the gamefaqs forums have been speculating on who it is, with many suggesting it's Professor Layton, hinting at the cross-over really "happening" in the AA universe. However, I know that if a character in the Japanese version goes to America, it's localized as them going to Europe, so my question is: Is this reference to a friend in Europe in the japanese version? If so, is the friend in "Europe" or "America" in the original version? If it's "Europe" in the Japanese version, it probably was a reference to Layton, but if it was "America" in the Japanese version it's probably someone like Von Karma or one of Wright's other friends.

Thanks!

Spoiler:
He went to America, and didn't say anything else about such friend.

...Von Karma? Why in the world would he go see Franziska? Or maybe, it's some other guy named Ryuichi Naruhodo.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

Thanks!

Spoiler:

...Von Karma? Why in the world would he go see Franziska? Or maybe, it's some other guy named Ryuichi Naruhodo.
Spoiler:
It's not explicitly stated, but most people seem to conclude he went to help Franziska with a case or two for Interpol.

"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

My guess is that it must've been Ema Skye. Maybe she went back to study or do exams to become a scientific investigator, and Phoenix helps her with... whatever really. Anyway, she's probably back in GS6 as a detective again :3
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Spoiler: Athena
If i remember correctly Athena mentions she has a fake leg, did i remember that right?

Joe4evr wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It's not explicitly stated, but most people seem to conclude he went to help Franziska with a case or two for Interpol.

For what? He doesn't have his attorney's badge at that point. What could he possibly do besides being her whipping bag?

linkenski wrote:
My guess is that it must've been Ema Skye. Maybe she went back to study or do exams to become a scientific investigator, and Phoenix helps her with... whatever really. Anyway, she's probably back in GS6 as a detective again :3

...No wonder she didn't pass the forensics exam. First Edgey's problems, and now this guy. The poor girl can't get a break!

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
If i remember correctly Athena mentions she has a fake leg, did i remember that right?

Where did you get this idea from? It's perfect for the DLC case adventures!

Spoiler: Newman...
O_O mind blown that Newman was actually a girl xD. Simon and Apollo's reaction xD

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Regarding the whole Friend in Europe thing, I haven't played the game yet, and only heard about in passing, so I assumed Wright just said he called a friend in Europe to get information or something, so I thought it was possible Von Karma possibly gave him some info.

If its that Phoenix WENT to Europe, then I don't think it would be Franziska. I'll have to play the game to find out more context. In any case, we know it's not a Layton reference since it was America in the Japanese version.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

迷探偵

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

Thanks!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't remember the script in details, but I think the impression I had when I played the game was he went to the States to study up on the Jury System (i.e. to prepare for GS4-4).

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The video game boy; the one who wins

I just watched case 2, what the hell was that near the end when Apollo came up with the last evidence? It cracked me up for some reason xD Does that happen when playing as the other lawyers as well?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

You mean when it goes inside his head? That's "Thought Route", or "Revisualization", and it's the best thing ever and Athena and Phoenix will do that too.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Cool! Thanks.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't remember the script in details, but I think the impression I had when I played the game was he went to the States to study up on the Jury System (i.e. to prepare for GS4-4).

Σ。-_-)。┬─┬ All that work, all that study, all that knowledge...

Σ╯`Δ´)╯︵┴─┴ All for NOTHING!

Σ。-_-)。 I think I'll just go back to being a defense attorney.

(°∀°〽 Ooh! I can't wait to return to Japan!

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I remember it was during case 2 but i gotta go back to that case when i beat the game btw how many cases in total are there excluding the dlc case?

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I remember it was during case 2 but i gotta go back to that case when i beat the game btw how many cases in total are there excluding the dlc case?

Okay, to answer your previous question, no. There are 5 cases in the main game.

Breakdown

Question for anyone who's played through any of the trial sections of Layton vs.
In comparison to DD's engine, without spoiling culprit names, did any of the breakdowns also make great use of camera angles?

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
Question for anyone who's played through any of the trial sections of Layton vs.
In comparison to DD's engine, without spoiling culprit names, did any of the breakdowns also make great use of camera angles?

Yes, oh so very well.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Okay, to answer your previous question, no. There are 5 cases in the main game.

So its 5 cases and with the DLC makes 6?

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

The DLC case is basically "Case 2.5"

Also, one last question for the DLC case: Do Psyche-Locks come back?
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

The DLC case is basically "Case 2.5"

ah i see thanks, i actually made it to case 5 just now

anyone know when the DLC will get released in Europe/Australia??

No release date for both versions is released yet, we may see it on either spotpass or :franny: will announce it in her blog.

Ultimate Survivor

I'm guessing it will be within the next two weeks or so.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

BonnyMono wrote:

Yes, and so does Pearl. Celebrate when it comes.

元・超会社員級の管理人

SDK, I've deleted that post of yours because it has nothing to do with the purpose of this topic, which is to ask questions and get answers about the game. We've got a couple different topics for posting impressions, so please use those instead. :trucy:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Breakdown

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Turnabout_Lawman wrote:

Yes, oh so very well.

Awesome, thanks for answering. :maya: Dat 2014 wait begins.

Wotter boy

How big is Pearl's role in the DLC?

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
From what I saw in the Japanese stream, she rechares Wright's Magatama with new spiritual energy. The other stuff, I'm not sure. I didn't watch much of the investigations. :shoe:

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

One of the more important ones, actually.
Spoiler: broad details
Besides the Magatama business, she meets Ikuya at a particular time, finds a random piece of evidence that later becomes important, and later during the latter trial day, she helps out with giving Orla commands, as per Phoenix's instructions.

Innocent acts that somehow become crucial info. That's Pearl for ya.

Monkey with a gun

I just finished the first case

It was glorious

But i heard the second case's intro shows the killer

Is this true, and if it is, is it better off and more suspensful that i skip the intro?

Ultimate Survivor

Hotdiddykong wrote:

It was glorious

Is this true, and if it is, is it better off and more suspensful that i skip the intro?

Spoiler:
Yes, the second case intro does show the killer.

It's up to you whether you want to watch the intro or not; I watched it and still thoroughly enjoyed the case. The killer is also super obvious as soon as you meet them in-game regardless of the intro, like most of the killers in AA.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

1000% Knight

Hotdiddykong wrote:

It was glorious

yes yes yes

A THOUSAND TIMES YES

SKIP IT, PLEAAAAAAAASE! :accordion-head:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Page 24 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)