Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 30 posts ]

In-game potential sequel material (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Regarding some things said during the story,
Spoiler:
Pearl mentions a visit from "Mystic Maya", Edgeworth will keep in touch with Wright to take down the Dark Age of the Law, and well...the Wright Anything Agency looks like more clients will be coming.

I guess you could say this thread is similar to GS6 ideas thread, but I just wanted to talk about elements mentioned in Dual Destinies that could actually branch out into the next installment. What do you guys who played the game think? Please, only talk about material/quotes from GS5 that foreshadow future plot points.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage
Re: In-game potential sequel material (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Ultimate Survivor

I guess it's possible that

Spoiler:
the organization behind the Phantom could be part of the next game's plot.

However, I don't really have any quotes to back that up...
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

The ending slide featuring Blackquill could be foreshadowing a future case. He's talking to someone looking for Athena's services to defend their father and Blackquill hints that he could prosecute the trial.

Gettin' Old!

cathexis wrote:
The ending slide featuring Blackquill could be foreshadowing a future case. He's talking to someone looking for Athena's services to defend their father and Blackquill hints that he could prosecute the trial.

Though I really hope they don't take on Aura's case, she deserves to suffer in Jail a bit. Plus she's ACTUALLY guilty.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ultimate Survivor

Yeah...about that. Doesn't Phoenix have a huge conflict of interest there, seeing as

Spoiler:
Aura held Trucy hostage?

Gettin' Old!

emimprov wrote:
Yeah...about that. Doesn't Phoenix have a huge conflict of interest there, seeing as

Spoiler:
Aura held Trucy hostage?

Exactly, s'why I found it hilarious he'd even try and ask.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Just a fellow PW fan!

Spoiler: Apollo
I think Apollo is going to become a prosecutor in the next game.

Apollo decided to stray from the Wright Anything Agency because he wanted to find his own evidence and come to his own conclusions about his best friend's murder. Despite being close to Athena, he couldn't trust that she was completely innocent, and it got to a point where he felt the only way to find the truth was to face it head on. He put all of the evidence he had against Athena on the table hoping Phoenix could prove him wrong, that way he could completely trust Athena.

At the same time, Edgeworth wants to get out of the "Dark Age of the Law" where the ends justify the means. He wants the system to go back to the way it was when it was him versus Phoenix, where they worked together to find the truth. I think this is exactly what Apollo wants, and in order to find the truth and get justice, he needs to work together with lawyers he trusts (in this case Phoenix and Athena) in order to find the truth.

This game sets up this possibility nicely. Two protagonists facing off against one another could allow us to choose between defending and prosecuting cases. Not to mention this would be the first time we have a prosecutor with "special powers" - in this case Apollo's perceive ability. Also, making Apollo a fledgling prosecutor could lead to so many really cool (and funny) interactions:
(a) Apollo works with Edgeworth, making him an apprentice to both Wright and Edgeworth,
(b) Apollo works with Klavier, meaning he worked under/with both Gavin brothers, and/or
(c) Edgeworth is too busy to mention Apollo so he has Franziska mentor Apollo, leading to some really funny and nostalgic scenes!

Didn't you guys pay any attention to case 2? Fulbright and Blackquill are going to create their own wrestling team and make a fortune.

Spoiler:
And for those who don't know that simply isn't feasible, we'll have to make do with mayor Tenma and Apollo.

Gettin' Old!

Kav wrote:

Apollo decided to stray from the Wright Anything Agency because he wanted to find his own evidence and come to his own conclusions about his best friend's murder. Despite being close to Athena, he couldn't trust that she was completely innocent, and it got to a point where he felt the only way to find the truth was to face it head on. He put all of the evidence he had against Athena on the table hoping Phoenix could prove him wrong, that way he could completely trust Athena.

At the same time, Edgeworth wants to get out of the "Dark Age of the Law" where the ends justify the means. He wants the system to go back to the way it was when it was him versus Phoenix, where they worked together to find the truth. I think this is exactly what Apollo wants, and in order to find the truth and get justice, he needs to work together with lawyers he trusts (in this case Phoenix and Athena) in order to find the truth.

This game sets up this possibility nicely. Two protagonists facing off against one another could allow us to choose between defending and prosecuting cases. Not to mention this would be the first time we have a prosecutor with "special powers" - in this case Apollo's perceive ability. Also, making Apollo a fledgling prosecutor could lead to so many really cool (and funny) interactions:
(a) Apollo works with Edgeworth, making him an apprentice to both Wright and Edgeworth,
(b) Apollo works with Klavier, meaning he worked under/with both Gavin brothers, and/or
(c) Edgeworth is too busy to mention Apollo so he has Franziska mentor Apollo, leading to some really funny and nostalgic scenes!

People had the same idea about this game, but I think any chance of it happening has been shattered by this point.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
Didn't you guys pay any attention to case 2? Fulbright and Blackquill are going to create their own wrestling team and make a fortune.

Spoiler:
And for those who don't know that simply isn't feasible, we'll have to make do with mayor Tenma and Apollo.

So...
Spoiler:
Does Apollo leave the agency to become a pro wrestler instead? That sounds so much more entertaining than him becoming a prosecutor.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

I think Juniper will return as some kind of character in the next game, but not because of the
Spoiler:
whole new Apollo x Juniper thing now.

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

emimprov wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Reply/major 5-5 spoilers
I think that's a real possibility, ESPECIALLY since the Phantom wasn't killed. We still don't know who he is, but more importantly, who he works for and who the hell shot him. It would be interesting to see if this Cold War-esque plot pans out.

Kav wrote:

Spoiler: Reply/Major 5-5 spoilers
This is kind of an interesting theory. I could see Apollo at least working with the prosecution/investigation behind the Phantom to understand just why Clay died and the country/organization behind it. I would think he'd want the opportunity to interrogate the Phantom.

However, truthfully I don't want it to pan out. I LOVE Apollo as a DA and a playable character. I'd be rather depressed if I wasn't able to see Athena and Apollo team up on some cases again.

My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Kav wrote:

Spoiler:
While this does sound awesome. I think it's unlikely. First being from developer perspective. The game is about taking things from the defence position rather than the prosecution. Apollo's power is in a way a core part of the game which they will want players to use. This can't be done if he's on the other side. Allowing to be the prosecution will change the game in a big way, even if it's just for a little bit of cross examination.
In terms of Rivals. Apollo already has Kalivar, Phoenix has Edgeworth. Athena is currently undecided but I guess it might just be Blackquill although that's more of a partner than a rival. I could see Apollo becoming a prosecutor though.

I was 17 when I joined this forum. During this time I participated in a thread that made light of sexual assault and event making jokes about it. I didn't think much of it at the time other than portraying a villain. I am older, looking back see how unacceptable & disgusting. I removed the comments because I do not wish to condone this behaviour. But of course fragments remain. I can only apologise for any hurt of distress caused.

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/ https://www.samaritans.org/

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

emimprov wrote:

Spoiler:

If there's something that I just don't want to see more of it's the national big-scale BS that got into the series since AAI. I really hope that stays out, but I have to admit it feels like that's why it was left so vague.

GK2 also followed up on AAI's smuggling business. Gah, I hate when AA goes too big in scale. It's better with more intimate crimes.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Idol of Polar Bears

I like to think that we'll make a visit to Tenma Town in some future sequel, probably the next one. Damian is just too much of a boss to limit his character to only one game (come on, he fooled the ENTIRE COURT into thinking that he was POSSESSED by a DEMON; how's that for "power of suggestion", Blackquill?). I just hope that next time they keep the amount of "MONSTERS WILL STEAL YOUR SOUUUUUUUUUL" superstition nonsense to a minimum, mention it only in passing, or better yet leave it out altogether.

Last edited by Mr. Bear Jew on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Survivor

linkenski wrote:
emimprov wrote:

Spoiler:

If there's something that I just don't want to see more of it's the national big-scale BS that got into the series since AAI. I really hope that stays out, but I have to admit it feels like that's why it was left so vague.

GK2 also followed up on AAI's smuggling business. Gah, I hate when AA goes too big in scale. It's better with more intimate crimes.

I personally didn't have a problem with the "space race" theme going on in cases 4 and 5 of DD, but I do kind of agree with you. It all depends on how it's handled. I think that if they do go down that path and make the next game about some organization behind the scenes, they could frame the bigger story in a way that makes it feel more "personal" to the player. To me, the main problem with AAI was the weird pacing and lead-up to the final villain, not necessarily the large scale nature of the game's plot. I do admit it's hard to know when to draw the line with these sorts of things, and not everyone is going to be happy with the final product.

I guess I'm getting a bit off topic, though. :yogi:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

TheDimensionofTime wrote:
I think Juniper will return as some kind of character in the next game, but not because of the
Spoiler:
whole new Apollo x Juniper thing now.

She might even be the judge in one of the cases.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
(come on, [Damain] fooled the ENTIRE COURT into thinking that he was POSSESSED by a DEMON; how's that for "power of suggestion", Blackquill?)

By "entire court" do you mean the Judge and Jinxie? I didn't think anyone else fell for it, and instead just ran along with it.

But yeah, I really hope Mayor Temna and Jinxie come back in the next game, they were both hilarious and I'd love to see how Damain's wrestling career is working out.
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Addikt wrote:
Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
(come on, [Damain] fooled the ENTIRE COURT into thinking that he was POSSESSED by a DEMON; how's that for "power of suggestion", Blackquill?)

By "entire court" do you mean the Judge and Jinxie? I didn't think anyone else fell for it, and instead just ran along with it.

But yeah, I really hope Mayor Temna and Jinxie come back in the next game, they were both hilarious and I'd love to see how Damain's wrestling career is working out.

W-What about people behind the forth wall? For some reason, I fell for it.... :ron:
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Just a fellow PW fan!

Pierre wrote:
Kav wrote:

People had the same idea about this game, but I think any chance of it happening has been shattered by this point.

Yes, but that was based on a silhouette... I'm referring to the themes of this game and how they set things up nicely if Apollo were to become a prosecutor.

Gettin' Old!

Kav wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Kav wrote:

Yes, but that was based on a silhouette... I'm referring to the themes of this game and how they set things up nicely if Apollo were to become a prosecutor.

Nah it was long before that, people were thinking based on how Phoenix 'used' Apollo in AJ and because his mentor had betrayed him he'd take a whole darkside turn and switch to the Prosecution bench.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Art Person

There are many things that could be hints as to what'll appear in GS6
Spoiler: "potential GS6"
  • Maya's Letter and her mention mean she may appear in GS6, also as Pearl appears (albeit briefly in Case 5)
  • Thalassa's connection and Apollo and Trucy finding out their siblings (From AJ, but should be cleared up at the end of this trilogy)
  • The Art book mentions Apollo's father coming from Egypt, that could be reprised, and have his adoptive father as a client
  • Simon's skit in the credits opens up a new case (Wanting Athena to defend a person's father)

King Derpey III

Spoiler:
Phantom.

I don't think I need to say anything else.

In regards to the end credits bit...
Spoiler:
Is that actually a reference to the DLC? I'm not familiar with it, but was the part about the person wanting Phoenix to defend their father just a reference to one of the DLC cases?

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Lord Seth wrote:
Spoiler:
Is that actually a reference to the DLC? I'm not familiar with it, but was the part about the person wanting Phoenix to defend their father just a reference to one of the DLC cases?

Well, it's certainly not any we've heard of yet, it would be possible for them to do it, but, it's not a reference to anything yet.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Lord Seth wrote:
Spoiler:

Uh... huh?
Spoiler:
There's only one DLC case here about defending a whale, and it takes place right between case 2 and 3... unless you're implying that the whale has a father who gets accused.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

Spoiler:
I think the phantom could easily scape jail. Then, he would seek revenge.

Also, it would be interesting if the phantom turned to be related to someone (for example, Apollo's real father or something.

You know, a Mario game!

I think it would be cool if

Spoiler:
The guy who shot the phantom appeared as either a villain or an ally. Like maybe he only shot the phantom to further his own goals or something.

My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Spoiler: case 5-5
[I think the Phantom willl appear in the next game,, because they never actually showed his face. This allows him to not be recognized even when not wearing a mask. His masks will probably be removed, but the player won't know what he looks like. This makes him the only villain who could return without immediately being suspicious.

Also, they didn't mention what organization he worked for.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Kav wrote:

First of all, Edgeworth would never do that against Wright after all that happens in the trilogy and onwards. Secondly: Apollo has too much pride and confidence in his own abilities to suddently start working alongside his courtroom rival. Third: Nah, that won't happen either, realistically speaking.

At least, those thing wont happen unless Apollo himself pleads Franziska or Edgeworth. They wouldn't do it to oppose Wright, but they'd do it for Apollo's sake.

But unfortunately Apollo's straying was put to a close before it even properly began IMO. It all came down to him having distrust to his friend because of his magic ability tricking him so there was no bigger issue than that. I thought he was about to be consumed with anger and start doing bad things but he was just being his honest self all the way. So I don't see, realistically, his straying arc to be taken any further without some contrived reasoning in AA6.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)