Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 8[ 282 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Blackquill needs his own game. Here's an idea for a gameplay mechanic:
Logic Duel: His version of Mood Matrix. During a testimony, he will find a few inconsistencies that he can't find through cross-examination, then cuts it down using the "Attack" button. No, too silly.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You know, a Mario game!

Actually, that sounds like a pretty good idea! It's no more silly than the perceive system.

I'd like to see someone other than Miles Edgeworth as the main character, maybe Klavier Gavin, Franziska Von Karma, or the aforementioned Blackquill?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

迷探偵

aplab23207 wrote:
Logic Duel: His version of Mood Matrix. During a testimony, he will find a few inconsistencies that he can't find through cross-examination, then cuts it down using the "Attack" button. No, too silly.

You mean Super Danganronpa 2's Cross Sword mechanic?
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

aplab23207 wrote:

You might want to expand on that before you cross it out. How is it like the Mood Matrix? He doesn't have Athena's power, so he can't pick up emotions through tone of voice alone. Does he apply his "power of suggestion" instead, to make witnesses more susceptible to attack? Does he call Taka to pursue whenever they act strangely? I hope it won't share too much with Perceive.

By the odd chance that Blackquill messes up his argument, thanks to player intervention, Taka will turn toward the screen and glare. He'll be watching you.

Ash wrote:
You mean Super Danganronpa 2's Cross Sword mechanic?

Ah, but that was more of a timing kind of minigame. It might not work as well in a GK game... but I wouldn't count it out.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
You might want to expand on that before you cross it out. How is it like the Mood Matrix? He doesn't have Athena's power, so he can't pick up emotions through tone of voice alone. Does he apply his "power of suggestion" instead, to make witnesses more susceptible to attack? Does he call Taka to pursue whenever they act strangely? I hope it won't share too much with Perceive.

By the odd chance that Blackquill messes up his argument, thanks to player intervention, Taka will turn toward the screen and glare. He'll be watching you.

The power of suggestion controlled by the player is a good idea. If his opponent is not listening to his mind tricks, he can call in Taka or use his fingerblade.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Maybe this doesn't really suit here, but since it's slightly spin off-ish-related it goes better here than in the GS6 ideas thread I think. Anyway, in the "Robert Hammond appreciation thread" I found those ideas:

Quote:
Still sure an old Grossberg Law Offices with Hammond Diego, Grossberg and maybe young Mia could be in it.
In fact I'd love to play the court case DL-6, who apparently had an unknown prosecutor so there's plenty of potential there.

Sure DL-6 didn't exactly end well for Hammond but hey they could brighten up the ending by introducing Mia Fey as a new up and coming attorney, and when she asks him about the case and why he plead insanity he can teach her how, if your client is innocent you must do everything you can to protect them.

Quote:
I am all for delving into the scent of lemons here. The Grossberg Law Company has more than one skeleton in it's closet, can not say I ever really liked Grossberg myself but they were successful it is implied so what cases did they take, who did they come up against, would there be an younger Gant involved? Oh thoughts and possibilities. When did it all go a bit under the table or was it always that way?

Quote:
It doesn't need to be a light fluffy story like Ace Attorney has been- I can see a crime noir storyline... maybe it needs to be in a different format, like a movie, and RP or something. Grossberg had alot of dark dealings from the look of things, and just the THOUGHT of them in a dusty old office with a younger Grossberg sitting there with a pipe, young Robert looking out the blinds over the city talking about the latest drug ring, impressionable Diego learning the ropes- maybe you play Diego as he learns the ropes from one of them, but the whole setting with them has SO much potential. I don't think I'd like to read about Grossberg (I am forever scorn by his hemorrhoids), but I could see a more Sherlock Holmes feeling story. Actually, it'd be nice for it to be 1940s or something, but It's awesome in my head.

I'd love to see a game like that, as an independent game outside of the GS- and GK-franchises. I especially like the idea of it being more "noir" than the other games, with some underhanded things going on. There could be one case where you play as Grossberg (preferably the first), one as Diego, etc. And even though the cases mentioned in this game that this law office has dealt with haven't ended that well, at least one could be playable or referred to.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Javadoze wrote:
-A closed-off villa of some sort (A manner of security cameras keep tabs on people. A bit cliche, I know, but it would be interesting to see what could come about using this setup.)
The AAI manga actually did this one already. And it was great!
Javadoze wrote:
-A game company. (Let's just go meta and have Edgeworth play a game featuring Prototype-Phoenix facing a wretched, cheating prosecutor who is Prototype-Edgeworth. Of course, the game would somehow provide a clue to the real murder. Afterwards, Edgeworth will comment "This game isn't a good reflection of our courts at all!")
:redd: To make it even more contrasting, the mechanics of said game could be made to resemble real life courts a little more.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

The King of All

What if in GK3, Edgeworth or one of the main characters like Kay or Gumshoe turned out to be a phony the whole time
Spoiler: Dual Destinies
just like Phantom. In the end you find out the phony was working in the same organization as Phantom which would lead into GS6

The king of all, Sir Duke

Beauty and grace.

I think if they continued did the Ace Investigations, they should use Klavier as the main character and then Blackquill. Miles has already gotten a lot of limelight; let's give the other prosecutors a chance to shine.

On a side note, I'd really like to see the three of them interact with each other.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Blackquill. BLACKQUILL! Ace Attorney Investigations: Simon Blackquill!!!!!

Beauty and grace.

Actually, now that I think about it, if AAI 3 were to occur and feature Edgeworth again, it should take place sometime in the seven years between Phoenix's disbarment (I'm not too clear on when AAI 2 occurs though) and feature a younger Apollo running random errands to save up money to go to law school.

And Clay!

Apollon Flame

I think they should definitely consider giving another character a chance to start his or her own Ace Attorney Investigations, I feel as if they're expanded enough on Edgeworth's character. Besides, GK2 was like a grand scale upgrade compared to AAI. The series has so many prosecutors we can explore.
A King

in name

alone...

Ace attorney investigations: Yumihiki Ichiynagi. Okay, maybe not. Those moments when the player figures everything out before the narrator does is frustrating enough as it is. :yogi:

NNNNGGGGGOOOOOOHHHHH

Personally, I'd like to see it be Blackquill as the lead for GK3, for several reasons:

1) If it were simply just Edgeworth and a direct sequel of GK2, that would make it much harder to localize. It'd be like asking them to localize AA3 if they didn't localize AA2.

2) Easy flashback potential. Blackquill was a prosecutor around the time of GK1-2/GS3. Feature an Edgeworth too conflicted about Wright's disbarring to take an investigation.

3)
Spoiler: GS5 Spoilers
Since Blackquill's mentor was Metis Cykes, give her an appearance. Maybe during a flashback case and he goes to ask her advice, and little Athena is there too. Or, before the climax of GK3-5, Blackquill remembers some advice Metis gave him long ago.

4) This is also a good opportunity to either bring Kay into the GS5 timeline, or finish her story. Maybe she comes back looking to help Edgeworth again but instead gets stuck with Simon. They clash at first but eventually warm up to each other.

5)
Spoiler: GS5 Spoilers
Suuure, all of his present cases would have to occur after case 5-5, but in retrospect GK1 took place in a pretty tiny timeframe too. They've done it before. It'd be an opportunity to develop his character now that he has his freedom (physically and emotionally), and if you don't want to you don't have to drag in any GS6 teasers. Edgeworth did his own thing after AA3, Gavin did his own thing after AJ. Also, since Bobby Fulbright is out of the picture...

6) This is a perfect chance to bring back Gumshoe, too! From what I remember (call me out if I'm wrong), Gumshoe left the force after Wright lost his badge. Now that Wright's back and kicking butt, so can Gumshoe! Also, it'd be pretty funny to see how Blackquill and Gumshoe interact.

Bonus points if:

- Gumshoe is married to Maggey (extra if they have/are having a kid). I mean, SOMEONE from AA1-3 has to marry/procreate at some point. Just because the thought of someone from AA1-3 having offspring is nightmare fuel (if I ever had to play/encounter a future Wright, Edgeworth, Gumshoe or Fey in some crack-fic 20 year timeskip I'd chop my foot off) doesn't mean they should all be forever-alone.

- Post-GS5 Edgeworth has a mid-life crisis because he's almost the same age that his father was when he was murdered.

Beauty and grace.

I'd reaaaaaaaaaaaally prefer a AAI: Klavier Gavin if only because he's been kinda bumped outta the spotlight.

Plus, I really like his character and wish it to be expanded upon.

If they do start on Blackquill's story, I don't know how well GK3 will tie in with GS5, unless Eshiro & co. know what Blacky will do in GS6. More likely, they probably won't want to wait all the way until then, but that puts them at risk of drifting from the main series. The other solution is that Blackquill doesn't make a major appearance in GS6, so the GK team can do whatever they want with him. >:)

Above all, they have to realize that Edgeworth's story - aside from his ascension to the Chief Prosecutor's Office - is done. It was done by his random cameo in T&T, and they should know that. If they're obstinate about making the GK games a trilogy, then they're gonna have to work with a pretty limited scope; not time-wise, since it'd be over the seven missing years, but theme-wise. What else is there for Edgeworth to feel conflicted about? His inner Steel Samurai otaku? Nah that's never gonna be resolved until he and Blacky come clean... and challenge each other to card duels.

...Nothing against Klavier, but I don't think he deserves a game of his own. Blackquill at least has strong ties to these "Dark Age of Law" shenanigans; Klav stopped being important once his bro got thrown in jail twice. But, I have to admit that Klav makes a great addition to random, almost non-canon DLC stuff. To that extent, though, it's the same for Ema, or whatever other major returning characters out there.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

You know, a Mario game!

Hmm... I agree that they should make someone else the protagonist of GK3, but I can't decide whether it should be Blackquill or Klavier. Maybe Blackquill, as it wouldn't be too far fetched for him to use logic like Edgeworth, having a similar, rational thought process. Maybe they could use a new "intimidate" mechanic where you can scare witnesses into spilling the beans, Jack Bauer style!
My Twitter Account

Beauty and grace.

Iunno maybe Klavier can air-guitar them to death.

Apollon Flame

scarlet-flowers wrote:

Instead of Logic Mode, he gets a Rock Mode where he relaxes to the tunes of this compositions and starts thinking about the facts.
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

Scent wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:

Instead of Logic Mode, he gets a Rock Mode where he relaxes to the tunes of this compositions and starts thinking about the facts.

I can just picture that:
:klavier: : It seems our fraulein witness has given quite the confusing testimony
:klavier-pull: : (I think a Jam Session is in order)

:rock'n: (The more notes you hit in-time, the better the flow of logic)

:takethat:

Haha!

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Blackquill as GK3's protagonist. Even Franziska, this could be the perfect way to bring her (and Gumshoe) back into the game, and have the last case as a "7 years later" With their new designs, all ready to re-appear in GS6!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

SuperAj3 wrote:
Scent wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:

I can just picture that:
:klavier: : It seems our fraulein witness has given quite the confusing testimony

:takethat:

Haha!

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Blackquill as GK3's protagonist. Even Franziska, this could be the perfect way to bring her (and Gumshoe) back into the game, and have the last case as a "7 years later" With their new designs, all ready to re-appear in GS6!

New Franziska? I'm using an older-age Franziska design for one of my fangames.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Scent wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:

I can just picture that:

Ace Attorney Investigations: Rhythm Heaven?

Art Person

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Oh, that's Golden!
Well, seeing as how Persona is doing a music game, it's not entirely out of the question?

Apollon Flame

SuperAj3 wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Oh, that's Golden!
Well, seeing as how Persona is doing a music game, it's not entirely out of the question?

I can practically imagine the classic "Objection!" text bubbles turning into "Achtung!", "Hit it!", "Let's rock!"
A King

in name

alone...

If it would be pre-AJ, Daryan could be his detctive partner...

Apollon Flame

GoingforMiles wrote:

Hmm... Good suggestion.
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

GoingforMiles wrote:

That could work, and seeing as how there's really 2 separate timelines the games operate on, Klavier could fill in the gaps. Although, I remember AJ didn't do well in Japan, and so seeing as fanservice is determined from Japan's favourites, he might not get his own game. He may get a case at best (Seeing as they're now okay with 3 DA's per game with T&T and DD having 3 playable characters).

Also, Scnet in the GS6 Thread made a good observation:
Scent wrote:
Spoiler: HEAVY DD Spoilers
Like I've stated in countless threads: Franziska's a prosecutor that works under the Interpol, as in, an international police force. Keyword here is "international", why? The Phantom: he's an INTERNATIONAL spy. Surely, the Interpol could have some interest and who more of a competent law enforcer such as von Karma? Other than that, she has a very tight and serious relationship with the chief prosecutor that apprehended the very Phantom: Miles Edgeworth. Other than that, they could bring agent Lang because he's an international inspector. Besides, the Phantom must have done some damage to Zheng-Fa or the House of Lang.

I'm sure this is at least enough basis to bring :franny: back, as she's an interpol agent, and so can continue her story, as well as Dual Destinies' one. So I'd like either Franziska or Blackquill to have some prominence in the next GK game

SuperAj3 wrote:
Although, I remember AJ didn't do well in Japan, and so seeing as fanservice is determined from Japan's favourites, he might not get his own game. He may get a case at best (Seeing as they're now okay with 3 DA's per game with T&T and DD having 3 playable characters).

Actually GS4 sold pretty well during its first week in Japan. The only one to top its first week sales is GS5.

The one that didn't do sell so well was PLvsAA, but seeing how the Professor Layton series isn't as popular in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban is, it's only natural. GS fans were much more hyped for the incoming GS5, and its sales only confirmed it.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Although, I remember AJ didn't do well in Japan, and so seeing as fanservice is determined from Japan's favourites, he might not get his own game. He may get a case at best (Seeing as they're now okay with 3 DA's per game with T&T and DD having 3 playable characters).

Actually GS4 sold pretty well during its first week in Japan. The only one to top its first week sales is GS5.

The one that didn't do sell so well was PLvsAA, but seeing how the Professor Layton series isn't as popular in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban is, it's only natural. GS fans were much more hyped for the incoming GS5, and its sales only confirmed it.
Huh, never thought that Professor Layton isn't as popular in Japan. So conversely, since it's pretty big overseas, would the localized PLvsAA sell a lot just from the Layton fanbase alone?
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Art Person

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Ok, I might be mixing some things up (I remember something about not liking Apollo as much as Phoenix but maybe I'm mixing up opinions I've read with info I've read in the same place)

I'm surprised to hear Professor Layton isn't as big in Japan as GS, although I'm happy in that it makes the GS series sound much stronger. I know a lot of people where I live who all know Professor Layton, and want PLvsAA, but have never heard of Ace Attorney, and don't know who Phoenix is. (So it's the opposite here. Hopefully that'll change soon with PLvsAA's release!)

Apollon Flame

SuperAj3 wrote:
I'm sure this is at least enough basis to bring :franny: back, as she's an interpol agent, and so can continue her story, as well as Dual Destinies' one. So I'd like either Franziska or Blackquill to have some prominence in the next GK game

Or both Blackquill and Franziska can have their prominence, but please, leave her out of the courts, I think it's time we focused on the new generation of prosecutors (Klavier and Simon).
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

Scent wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Or both Blackquill and Franziska can have their prominence, but please, leave her out of the courts, I think it's time we focused on the new generation of prosecutors (Klavier and Simon).

With the Investigations games they don't need to be in court, so that can work just fine! It'd be different if Franziska and Edgeworth prosecute in GS6, and Blackquill gets no time, that'd be just unfair, as they'd not toss him aside like that.

We need more Edgey/Blacky co-op time, pronto.

Spoiler: like I dunno, this?
Blackquill: Silence! Out with the truth, you two-faced scoundrel, or I WILL cut you down where you stand!
Edgeworth: Blackquill, at the very least, keep his neck intact. We still need him to talk.
Larry: You guys are terrible! What kind of justice are you fighting for!?
Edgeworth: Larry, just tell us the truth, and we'll show you what kind of justice it is!
Larry: ...Why does that sound like I'm heading for the execution deck?
Blackquill: ...Edgeworth-dono, you truly impress me with the sorts of friends you make.
Edgeworth: Even I'm not quite sure how this ever happened.

Apollon Flame

That conversation is soooooooooo in character. xD
But seriously, I think Blackquill would refer to Miles as his sensei, either as Sensei or Edgeworth-sensei.
A King

in name

alone...

You know, a Mario game!

In terms of graphics, I think they should go with 3d models, like they did with Duel Destinies. I can't really picture in my head how the field sprites would look like as 3d models, as they're smaller and less detailed, but they could come up with something.

I think it might be interesting if each case had you playing as a different character, showing their role in the game's overarching plot, sort of like the first few chapters of Mother 3. Like maybe case 1 would have you play as Klavier, case 2 would have you playing as Franziska, case 3 would have you play as Blackquill, case 4 would be a flashback case where you play as Manfred Von Karma, and case 5 would have you playing as Edgeworth.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I think it might be interesting if each case had you playing as a different character, showing their role in the game's overarching plot, sort of like the first few chapters of Mother 3. Like maybe case 1 would have you play as Klavier, case 2 would have you playing as Franziska, case 3 would have you play as Blackquill, case 4 would be a flashback case where you play as Manfred Von Karma, and case 5 would have you playing as Edgeworth.

...I'm having a hard time picturing whether this is a splendid or horrible idea. How would it go, exactly? Would it be impossible to get penalties? Would every answer end up leading into the correct one in some odd, screwy manner? Would we get scenes of MvK never acknowledging that he gets some answers wrong and always blames others for messing him up? I am both excited and terrified to know.

With Franziska, all that is needed to do is whipping everyone...

Apollon Flame

dimentiorules wrote:
In terms of graphics, I think they should go with 3d models, like they did with Duel Destinies. I can't really picture in my head how the field sprites would look like as 3d models, as they're smaller and less detailed, but they could come up with something.

lol is that the spinoff hack 'n slash game centered on Blackquill? *snort* Just kidding~

But yeah, if they got 3D with Dual Destinies, they could do it with GK, too. If they managed to keep DD feel like a classic AA even with models, they can try and do the same with GK3.

dimentiorules wrote:

I concur with every idea except Franziska and Manfred: they're known to care a lot over penalties, so how would this exactly work? I'd rather they'd be secluded to investigation partners.
A King

in name

alone...

Beauty and grace.

I'd like to play as the prosecutor for once, but that ain't happening.
Page 2 of 8 [ 282 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps