Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 6 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Quote:
That anger is unhealthy. When you do leave, high school won't matter that much, and holding onto it won't help how you feel. I'm in college now, and I'm sure that when I leave college, college won't matter that much to me, either. Just remember that even if people do act snobbish, vapid, and unintelligent, that sometimes it's a symptom of problems in their own lives, and that there are just as many decent people, if not more.

Not where I live. And I've been here for all 16 years of my life. How I lived here will never leave me and it's going to have a lasting effect on the rest of my life.

And I don't know what you're talking about. The majority of the people here come from good, well-off families. People are snobbish, vapid, and unintelligent because that's what the majority of our human species is. Hell, I probably act that way sometimes and I don't even realize it. In my opinion, decent people in my life are few and far between. I hardly know people that are worth my time or respect. You don't know what I've been through, so you can't say that my anger is unjustified. It's nothing against you personally, but I always hate it when people make unfounded assumptions about my life. If you don't have my life, you can't understand.

I didn't say it was unjustified. I've gone through things within my family and throughout my life from the outside that has left me constantly combating bitterness. What I'm saying is not that you shouldn't be angry, but that it's okay to let go of it. I could choose to believe that my narcissistic paternal grandmother is a complete monster that needs to pay for her manipulations, or I could simply let go. It took a LOT of therapy to get me to this point, but I'm there. The majority of people aren't jerks. Sure, there are plenty of times where I've felt like that and would be damn justified in saying so. But that's not how it is. People can act out, people can ignore the feelings of others, but it's all a lack of understanding of one another.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
That anger is unhealthy. When you do leave, high school won't matter that much, and holding onto it won't help how you feel. I'm in college now, and I'm sure that when I leave college, college won't matter that much to me, either. Just remember that even if people do act snobbish, vapid, and unintelligent, that sometimes it's a symptom of problems in their own lives, and that there are just as many decent people, if not more.

God, I hate that reasoning. Eh myeh, people only act like dicks because they have problems themselves. Is it really that hard to believe that somebody is simply acting like a dick because they are actually just dicks? Not every person that is a jerk to someone actually does it because they are being beaten at home, have too much pressure on them or anything like that.

But I agree with geno, High School and College can pretty much be forgotten as soon as you are out of them.

C-A

To answer the part not quoted, yes, we really got up in our own heads concerning strangers, despite statistics saying otherwise. Then we got paranoid about each other after listening to said statistics, and this is largely reactionary towards heavily-covered news stories.

But yeah, I do agree somewhat. There are people that are genuinely evil. But they number very few. Some people judge others out of an inflated sense of self-worth, or possibly out of a sense of entitlement used as a shell to protect a fragile self-esteem. Some people have genuine mental issues that require therapy and/or medical treatment. It's not just "pressure" or being beaten, there's a whole host of reasons people are mean to one another. But just like Top Hat says- you don't know what others have been through, so you can't judge them.

You can hate how people act without hating the person themselves. To paraphrase Robert J. Hanlon, "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity or other issues". Because while people may not be universally jerks, people ARE universally fallible.

Whatever goes on in other people's lives gives them no justification if their actions negatively affect others. I consider myself to have a shitty life compared to the majority of my friends, but I NEVER take my anger out on other people. If I saw someone beating up a kid or stealing his money, I'd get involved and stop it. If the bully had a bad home life, I'd feel sorry for them; but I'd never sympathize with them hurting other people. And that's what I feel towards the majority of the people around me. Whatever their reasons (or lack thereof) for being jerks are, it makes no difference to me. They negatively affect my own life, and I will not accept that.

aka Ami <3

Whatever goes on in other people's lives gives them no justification if their actions negatively affect others. I consider myself to have a shitty life compared to the majority of my friends, but I NEVER take my anger out on other people. If I saw someone beating up a kid or stealing his money, I'd get involved and stop it. If the bully had a bad home life, I'd feel sorry for them; but I'd never sympathize with them hurting other people. And that's what I feel towards the majority of the people around me. Whatever their reasons (or lack thereof) for being jerks are, it makes no difference to me. They negatively affect my own life, and I will not accept that.

That's not my point. My point is that holding on to the anger is what is unhealthy. Anger can be justified, and you don't have to put up with others negatively affecting others. But you can still learn to let go of the anger, and move on with your life. I sympathize with those that harm others because as the saying goes, "there but the grace of God go I". Because I was a huge homophobe when I was in my tweens, before I really understood what homosexuality was about. Then I had a close friend (who I still keep in touch with) come out to me. I realized then and there how utterly stupid I was. I could go on like this, but I've never been a perfect person, and I've hurt others- intentionally or not.

Does that give others a right to not like the actions I've taken? Sure. But I am secure in knowing that I try to be a better person, and that I learn from my mistakes. High school is so early in people's lives, and people are fallible. But even imperfect, that doesn't make them horrible. People can even change for the better, given their experiences.

My point has always been that you are justified in how you feel, but that your anger is something to release, not to hold. Pain can be remembered, but you can use that experience to make sure that others aren't harmed the way you were. To make life better for others. To make life better for yourself.

Quote:
That's not my point. My point is that holding on to the anger is what is unhealthy. Anger can be justified, and you don't have to put up with others negatively affecting others. But you can still learn to let go of the anger, and move on with your life. I sympathize with those that harm others because as the saying goes, "there but the grace of God go I". Because I was a huge homophobe when I was in my tweens, before I really understood what homosexuality was about. Then I had a close friend (who I still keep in touch with) come out to me. I realized then and there how utterly stupid I was. I could go on like this, but I've never been a perfect person, and I've hurt others- intentionally or not.

Does that give others a right to not like the actions I've taken? Sure. But I am secure in knowing that I try to be a better person, and that I learn from my mistakes. High school is so early in people's lives, and people are fallible. But even imperfect, that doesn't make them horrible. People can even change for the better, given their experiences.

My point has always been that you are justified in how you feel, but that your anger is something to release, not to hold. Pain can be remembered, but you can use that experience to make sure that others aren't harmed the way you were. To make life better for others. To make life better for yourself.

I'll hold on to my anger for as long as I have to live in this awful place. When I never have to see the faces of these parasites ever again, that's when I'll let go. When I'm finally able to live my life the way I want, that's when I'll let go. But for right now, my anger is all that I have. I have every right to be angry at the people that I'm surrounded by, and that's never going to change. Personally, I only let go of anger when I don't have to see the problem in the first place. If I have to deal with it every day, it's not going to change.

aka Ami <3

Fair enough, it sucks to be in those types of situations.

genodragon1 wrote:

Thanks for the advice anyways. It's just frustrating to be in a place where you basically have no say in what happens to you. Since I'm still in high school, adults still run my life.

aka Ami <3

genodragon1 wrote:

Thanks for the advice anyways. It's just frustrating to be in a place where you basically have no say in what happens to you. Since I'm still in high school, adults still run my life.

No problem, I apologize for not communicating properly. I'm an English major, I should be able to be more articulate by now. :eh?:

In Justice We Trust

It might be a bit early to ask, given your age, Professor, but have you given any thought to what college you might go to? Trust me, you'll be hearing that one all the time come senior year... If your high school's even half as unpleasant as you've implied in your posts, finding an open and welcoming college would go a long way toward helping you move past that part of your life. I graduated from one such college, so I assure you such places exist.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
It might be a bit early to ask, given your age, Professor, but have you given any thought to what college you might go to? Trust me, you'll be hearing that one all the time come senior year... If your high school's even half as unpleasant as you've implied in your posts, finding an open and welcoming college would go a long way toward helping you move past that part of your life. I graduated from one such college, so I assure you such places exist.

It's a bit early, but I've been considering going to a college in Canada, preferably McGill. I have dual-citizenship (American and Canadian) and the large majority of my family lives there as well. Honestly, I'm preferring Canada to America at this point. But still, I have a little less than two more years here. I basically have to go through each agonizing day with no comfort at all during that entire time. I know that those two years will eventually be over, but that doesn't change what I currently still have to go through.

In Justice We Trust

Just keep your sights set on the finish line, Professor. High school isn't forever, even if it might feel that way sometimes.

Ace GalPal :D

it really isnt. i graduated last year and college is kicking my :larry:

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe

In Justice We Trust

College can be a pain, but in my experience, college students have a lot more freedom of movement than high school students. Homesickness isn't unheard of, but overall, I found college a lot less stressful than high school, even when my laziness inevitably led to me half-assing (excuse the language) a paper minutes before it was due.

Ace GalPal :D

General Luigi wrote:
College can be a pain, but in my experience, college students have a lot more freedom of movement than high school students. Homesickness isn't unheard of, but overall, I found college a lot less stressful than high school, even when my laziness inevitably led to me half-assing (excuse the language) a paper minutes before it was due.

you honestly sound like me. i am very homesick and work kicks me off but i love the fact i can now do things that my parents never liked.(IE play PW With volume) but then you realize no one will baby you and you have to toughen up

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Who knows when I'll be truly finished with school. Got "one more" semester at my community college, and then I'm off to a 4 year for some more learning and then off I go to (hopefully) a Pharm school.

You know what really grinds my gears? Calculus. Fuck that class.
That's what I get for being a Chem major.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

In Justice We Trust

Having a fun teacher can make quite the difference. My high school calculus teacher was nuts--and in a good way (then again, the same could be said of about half of the teachers at my high school).

You know what grind my gears? Last.fm metalheads and anyone who thinks that music's quality can be only and only measured according to its technical difficulty and ***yeaaaa amazing guitar s0l0ssss***
But they obviously can't understand that nobody fucking cares whether your music is difficult to play as long as it sounds bad/good. It takes a lot of talent to just randomly slam your ass onto a keyboard and then repeating the same notes intentionally, but it still sounds bad. You get the idea.

It's pretty cool if you can play fast, okay. It's okay if people listen to speed/thrash metal, I don't even care for it as a genre. It's people like them, who are obviously too dumb - yes they are indeed pretty dumb, for they are unable to comprehend the easiest of connections - to understand that people might just want to listen to something that sounds good [to them] and not to something that's difficult to play.

The Real Human Being

dangerousoffender wrote:
You know what grind my gears? Last.fm metalheads and anyone who thinks that music's quality can be only and only measured according to its technical difficulty and ***yeaaaa amazing guitar s0l0ssss***
But they obviously can't understand that nobody fucking cares whether your music is difficult to play as long as it sounds bad/good. It takes a lot of talent to just randomly slam your ass onto a keyboard and then repeating the same notes intentionally, but it still sounds bad. You get the idea.

It's pretty cool if you can play fast, okay. It's okay if people listen to speed/thrash metal, I don't even care for it as a genre. It's people like them, who are obviously too dumb - yes they are indeed pretty dumb, for they are unable to comprehend the easiest of connections - to understand that people might just want to listen to something that sounds good [to them] and not to something that's difficult to play.

This is my response, and I want you to think about it.

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

My eyes....opened.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

DoMaya wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

AoA is indeed awesome. I approve.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? All the stuff Google is forcing me to do and/or offering me because of my YouTube account. I just want to upload my videos and post comments. I'm fine with using my YouTube screen name, Google, so stop asking me if I want to use my real name. I already have a Yahoo! account, Google, so I don't need a Gmail account. I am not interested in having a Google+ account, Google, so don't give me one. It makes no sense for me to have to refer to my Google+ account, which I never asked for, to see if anyone has commented on my videos or replied to one of my own comments, Google, when said comments are on YouTube, for which I have an account I actually chose to have.

Seriously, Google, you make a great search engine, but leave my YouTube account alone and let me upload my videos and post comments without all this red tape.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? All the stuff Google is forcing me to do and/or offering me because of my YouTube account. I just want to upload my videos and post comments. I'm fine with using my YouTube screen name, Google, so stop asking me if I want to use my real name. I already have a Yahoo! account, Google, so I don't need a Gmail account. I am not interested in having a Google+ account, Google, so don't give me one. It makes no sense for me to have to refer to my Google+ account, which I never asked for, to see if anyone has commented on my videos or replied to one of my own comments, Google, when said comments are on YouTube, for which I have an account I actually chose to have.

Seriously, Google, you make a great search engine, but leave my YouTube account alone and let me upload my videos and post comments without all this red tape.

Doesn't Google own youtube now or something? I keep getting those calls to link my youtube account and use my real name there but hell if I'm doing that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? All the stuff Google is forcing me to do and/or offering me because of my YouTube account. I just want to upload my videos and post comments. I'm fine with using my YouTube screen name, Google, so stop asking me if I want to use my real name.

I absolutely agree. I somehow got a freaking Google+ Account yesterday because once again it wouldn't let me write a stupid comment without asking me for my real name. Dammit, Google, it's nice to know that you want to somehow lower comment-profanity by having people comment with their real name, but hello, Anonymity? Every heard of that?
A ton of people want to stay anonymous on the internet. I do! I want to keep my real name and identity hidden from the fangs of the internet, I'm trying to save myself some trouble with that. Plus, do you really think will stop swearing if their real name is revealed?
Hell no, I'll continue to swear as much as I want to!

I had to work an hour yesterday, from 2 AM until 3 AM, trying to fix that crap Google+ you gave me for my YouTube, resulting in losing all my videos, subscriptions and favorites! I re-did steps a few times, but I finally got to work! My YouTube is Google+-less again, I hope. Yet I still can't write a FUCKING comment!

You don't want me to swear in comments? Then I will swear in my complaint e-Mails to you!

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Doesn't Google own youtube now or something? I keep getting those calls to link my youtube account and use my real name there but hell if I'm doing that.

Google has owned YouTube for a pretty good while now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm wanting to guess somewhere around 2008 or 2009, YouTube was acquired by them.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? All the stuff Google is forcing me to do and/or offering me because of my YouTube account. I just want to upload my videos and post comments. I'm fine with using my YouTube screen name, Google, so stop asking me if I want to use my real name.

I absolutely agree. I somehow got a freaking Google+ Account yesterday because once again it wouldn't let me write a stupid comment without asking me for my real name. Dammit, Google, it's nice to know that you want to somehow lower comment-profanity by having people comment with their real name, but hello, Anonymity? Every heard of that?
A ton of people want to stay anonymous on the internet. I do! I want to keep my real name and identity hidden from the fangs of the internet, I'm trying to save myself some trouble with that. Plus, do you really think will stop swearing if their real name is revealed?
Hell no, I'll continue to swear as much as I want to!

I had to work an hour yesterday, from 2 AM until 3 AM, trying to fix that crap Google+ you gave me for my YouTube, resulting in losing all my videos, subscriptions and favorites! I re-did steps a few times, but I finally got to work! My YouTube is Google+-less again, I hope. Yet I still can't write a FUCKING comment!

You don't want me to swear in comments? Then I will swear in my complaint e-Mails to you!

C-A

I've always seen a way to opt out of that 'real name' prompt whenever it's came up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

dullahan1 wrote:
Google has owned YouTube for a pretty good while now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm wanting to guess somewhere around 2008 or 2009, YouTube was acquired by them.

I'm guessing May 2009, cause when I was working on that crap yesterday, it said something about YouTube Accounts made before May 2009 had the option to dissect Google from their YouTube.

Quote:
I've always seen a way to opt out of that 'real name' prompt whenever it's came up.

So had I for the longest time, but yesterday I told it, "I don't want to change anything" and YouTube was all, "Well, fine! *huff* You can't comment then!"
still can't comment...

C-A

You know what I don't get? Overly "pacifist" people who don't want to see others talking about "negative" things.

Answer me, what is your problem? You don't want people to criticize things... You don't want people to talk about problems... Why? I don't understand why those things are so "unpleasant" to you. Aren't "negative things" part of life as well? Or we are in the My Little Pony world?

Seriously, it is really hard for me to see people thinking they live in the Disney world, especially when they are in their 20s... They should understand that not everyone on the internet is here to be part of "pleasant moments".

(And no, this is not about C-R, it's about my Youtube experiences)

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
You know what I don't get? Overly "pacifist" people who don't want to see others talking about "negative" things.

Answer me, what is your problem? You don't want people to criticize things... You don't want people to talk about problems... Why? I don't understand why those things are so "unpleasant" to you. Aren't "negative things" part of life as well? Or we are in the My Little Pony world?

Seriously, it is really hard for me to see people thinking they live in the Disney world, especially when they are in their 20s... They should understand that not everyone on the internet is here to be part of "pleasant moments".

Good because that seemed awful similar for a moment.

Eh, I just think it's a shame when folks talk overly negatively and not about much else. I think it's a shame because we shouldn't focus so much on the negative things. I don't mind talk of negative things but when it's all a person talks about that's when it bothers me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know, a Mario game!

Pierre wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Eh, I just think it's a shame when folks talk overly negatively and not about much else. I think it's a shame because we shouldn't focus so much on the negative things. I don't mind talk of negative things but when it's all a person talks about that's when it bothers me.

Amen to that.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dangerousoffender wrote:

If you're in fannish - or otherwise close-knit - spaces on YT, this might be helpful in understanding the reasoning. It happens offline, too, but the isolation of communities on the internet makes it worse. Since people on the internet have an easier time forming communities exclusively with people who have the same opinions/experiences/etc, they can really be prone to this kind of banding around any sort of criticism or unwelcome idea and expelling it.

I agree with Pierre and dimentio, though - there's nothing wrong with drawing light to negative things, I only take issue with eternal pessimists who can't strike a balance. Criticism is important in any kind of learning process, but the when, why, and how of it are important, too. (I'm not accusing you of anything, to be clear; I don't know your circumstances. Just a general opinion.)

Athena's biggest fan

You know what really grinds my gears?

Special snowflakes. UUUUGGGGH.

My shortcomings and flaws. I'm working so hard to improve, but the fact I'm not getting better overnight frustrates me, evne though my logical self knows it's a process.

The fact the world isn't black and white. Things would be so much simpler.

The evil some humans are capable of.

On the same coin, the people who are so damn negative about the world.
The Nonchalant Rage officially premiers next month on YouTube. Subscribe now:

TheNonchalantRage wrote:

Aw, but isn't every single person their own special little snowflake? :gant:

C-A

Athena's biggest fan

CatMuto wrote:
TheNonchalantRage wrote:

Aw, but isn't every single person their own special little snowflake? :gant:

C-A

The special-er ones. The much, much special-er ones. :headbang:
The Nonchalant Rage officially premiers next month on YouTube. Subscribe now:

Pierre wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

As I previously stated, what I said before has nothing to do with you or anyone from C-R. I can understand if you don't like when all that somebody seems to do is complain, but I was talking about people who don't have the maturity to accept any kind of criticism or disagreement (and in their minds, if you somehow disagree with them it's because you HATE or have something personal against them)

The Ability To See The Truth.

Ya know what grinds my gears?

When student turns in ALL OF THEIR WORK LATE, at the very last minute.

And the professor turns around and hands it to their graduate assistant.

And you know who's the poor shit that's the grad assistant?

ME. :fire:

I don't get paid enough for this... :sadshoe:

For Pete's sake, is it really that hard to turn the work in on time? A whole semester of work, and the little brat had to turn it in at the last minute? Couldn't turn it on TIME? LIKE THE REST OF THEM?

I'm not currently working on sprites/stories/anything at all... Cause grad school.

You know, a Mario game!

It's called procrastination. They keep on putting it off every day, until they end up putting if off too long and end up doing it at the last minute and turning it in late. What grade are we talking about, here? Elementary school? Middle School? High School? I used to do this sort of thing up until 6th grade or so, then I started having real punctuality. In fact, around 11th and 12th grade, I was always the first person to turn my homework in.
My Twitter Account

The cape is self-fluttering

dimentiorules wrote:
It's called procrastination. They keep on putting it off every day, until they end up putting if off too long and end up doing it at the last minute and turning it in late. What grade are we talking about, here? Elementary school? Middle School? High School? I used to do this sort of thing up until 6th grade or so, then I started having real punctuality. In fact, around 11th and 12th grade, I was always the first person to turn my homework in.

I was the opposite. I was the first to turn in work when I was in elementary school. Then I was like, why am I going the extra mile here? Fuck that. Not surprisingly, grades suffered from time to time. But then in college, I went right back to being one of the first to turn my work in. I guess I just needed to learn, in my own time, how to appreciate schedules and deadlines.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Ability To See The Truth.

dimentiorules wrote:

We're talking about a graduate student taking an under-grad class.

The kid has finished his Bachelor's, for Pete's sake! He should have the idea of "Get this done." already!

And I am the nicest graduate assistant ever since I didn't just turn off my laptop and go back to bed. I actually graded 9 chapters of work in video form on an internet connection that's just a step above dial-up.

I'm not currently working on sprites/stories/anything at all... Cause grad school.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title

You know what really grinds my gears? People who think bullying is a total joke.

First off, I'm not one to think that any kind of small bullying is already bad and should be stopped. I think people do need to learn to deal with some stuff, especially in high school or so. I do not think people should be pampered when they get one small bullying thing like their books hidden or their backpack thrown down some stairs.

And I fully understand the Japanese cultural idea of bullying being somebody's personal problem. You don't talk to teachers about that, the closest you may tell is your family and even then, it's your own problem that you have to deal with.

But if a teacher then basically says "You're just making that up" when you do tell them, that just pisses me off. It's bad enough that you have to endure that stuff, but for someone to think you're just lying for what-fuck-ever reason, that pisses me off! I get it, the teacher doesn't want to get involved but don't treat it as a joke or a lie.

Oh and no, I do not think that bullying is the sole reason why somebody may go into school with a gun and shoot everyone in their close vicinity. No, I overall think such amok runs always happen for various reasons, one of which may be bullying, but to go that far, you already need to have mental issues, to think a gun would fix things.

I'm more for just punching the everloving crap out of them. Or strangling. It's very therapeutic.

Don't treat bullying as a joke. I had to endure bullying in practically every class I was in, but I did not care. I had my backpack thrown down stairs, with some of its contents spilling out. I had people bullying me, playing mean 'jokes' on me like trying to pull my skirt down out on the recess/playground - yes, I was even bullied in sixth grade, I even got hit sometimes, I had those annoying talks with the teachers and in presence with the bullies where they all tried us to get along better, but you know it never helped!
You know what I did? I learned to deal with it! I learned to not give a fuck if I am not liked in a group and if somebody gets on the way-too-wrong side of me, I goddamn well will start using bodily harm on them!

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I agree fullheartedly to that. It reminds me of a story my mother told me about her childhood. My uncle, that is, her brother, was bullied quite often at school for his small size, so he took a boxing class to protect himself. When one of the bullies attacked him, he punched right back. Then my uncle was the one who got in trouble for attacking the other students in self defense! They tried to justify it by calling his hands "lethal weapons" which is just ridiculous. His father, as in, my grandfather, went up to the school and got understandably upset at them, saying that they never batted an eye when his son got beat up, but the moment he defended himself, they got him in trouble. I've heard that my grandfather, being over 6' tall, was quite an intimidating man when he got upset, so they dropped the charges.
My Twitter Account
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title

CatMuto wrote:
I get it, the teacher doesn't want to get involved

If the teacher doesn't want to get involved, he's an incompetent bastard. He has the obligation to at least report what is going on to a school counselor or whoever the hell is responsible for dealing with this kind of occurrence...

And I'm not talking about silly things like constantly calling someone a "fool" or "melon face". I'm talking about serious stuff, like a group of assholes bullying someone for being an autist, homosexual or "fat". Or because they think someone is "strange"... Look, I had a lot of experience with bullying. I never considered myself bullied because since I was a child, I'm more likely to punch a bully in the face than cry because of them or restrain myself. But I made friends (especially during my middle school years) whose lifes were seriously damaged because of bullying. I remember a sixth grade friend of mine who used to lock herself in the bathroom to avoid bullying... This is terrible. How can a teacher overlook that? If you're aware of what is happening and ignoring that, you're as bad as the bastard who is feeding bullying and aggressivity.
And reporting or complaining about cases of bullying just gave me the reputation of a "troublemaker".
Page 6 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices