Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 7 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next

Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
Seriously? I know some are angry because there is no Xbox version for now, but brigning them to "inferior" console. Nice way to call those who own one.... The other comment I read a lot is more about the fact that it is milking the serie all the way... Which I can't really disagree, but hey there are celebrating their birthday so WHY NOT!

Yeah also "milking the series" is a complaint that kinda fades when we consider they announced a brand new main series Persona game in the same batch, since it's a definite show of progress.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Seeker of Truth

Pierre wrote:
Shao-Mae wrote:
Seriously? I know some are angry because there is no Xbox version for now, but brigning them to "inferior" console. Nice way to call those who own one.... The other comment I read a lot is more about the fact that it is milking the serie all the way... Which I can't really disagree, but hey there are celebrating their birthday so WHY NOT!

Yeah also "milking the series" is a complaint that kinda fades when we consider they announced a brand new main series Persona game in the same batch, since it's a definite show of progress.

Exactly. :phoenix: From my perspective, they have something for every Persona fan: The 'WE WANT A NEW PERSONA!' crowd gets Persona 5; the 'Why are you ignoring Nintendo Atlus (where Persona is concerned anyways)?' people get Persona Q; the 'Why'd you give us such a suspenseful cliffhanger for Arena? Give us a sequel!' people get Arena 2 for the Ps3 (and hopefully for the Xbox 360, but no guarantees); finally, the people who say 'I bought the Vita for Golden; give us more Persona for it!' get Dancing All Night. Sure it's milking the series a bit, but hey; as long as all the releases are quality as usual, there's really nothing worth being upset over here. On the contrary, more of us fans should be ecstatic :redd: Well... more then we already are anyways :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

The dwarf geeky panda!

New news! On siliconera, there is an article about the theme of the game. Seem like it will be way darker than before. I like that. :karma:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26/pe ... n-society/

And... The rythm game is tied to the story?! WTH?!!! :ron:
Please don't hit me...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Personally, I liked P3 and P4 but for different reasons.

P3 had an amazing plot arguably better then P4... when it bothered to happen. My gosh the lulls between plot was killer.
P3 had a randomly generated dungeon. I found the exploration and splitting up of the team to be really really fun. But dungeon time was really separate from the plot. P4 actually had plot and more interesting settings in the dungeons, but I didn't enjoy dungeon crawling in there.

P3 has a fatigue system, so you're encouraged to try different party members and there's not much else to do at night so you can explore at your own pace. P4 has a lot to do, no fatigue, and your SP (MP) is really limited which becomes a much more limiting fatigue. I find you'll pick your party members and stick with them. Anyone who doesn't join in the crawl you will likely ditch on subsequent crawls. =/

Oddly, P3's Ally AI is more competent then P4's. I actually enjoyed not 'directly' controlling my party members. Made it seem like it was a group effort. But the same general instructions don't work in P4. I haven't the foggiest idea why. It's the same engine and similar if not identical moves.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Personally, I liked P3 and P4 but for different reasons.

P3 had an amazing plot arguably better then P4... when it bothered to happen. My gosh the lulls between plot was killer.
P3 had a randomly generated dungeon. I found the exploration and splitting up of the team to be really really fun. But dungeon time was really separate from the plot. P4 actually had plot and more interesting settings in the dungeons, but I didn't enjoy dungeon crawling in there.

P3 has a fatigue system, so you're encouraged to try different party members and there's not much else to do at night so you can explore at your own pace. P4 has a lot to do, no fatigue, and your SP (MP) is really limited which becomes a much more limiting fatigue. I find you'll pick your party members and stick with them. Anyone who doesn't join in the crawl you will likely ditch on subsequent crawls. =/

Oddly, P3's Ally AI is more competent then P4's. I actually enjoyed not 'directly' controlling my party members. Made it seem like it was a group effort. But the same general instructions don't work in P4. I haven't the foggiest idea why. It's the same engine and similar if not identical moves.

Well AI-controlled allies REALLY REALLY bothered my in P3. So many times things just wouldn't go right, I could think of much better moves to do at the time. So it'll always lose out to P4 in my book for that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Well AI-controlled allies REALLY REALLY bothered my in P3. So many times things just wouldn't go right, I could think of much better moves to do at the time. So it'll always lose out to P4 in my book for that.

Especially during the one boss fight where you had to kill the two simultaneously (or pretty close to each other) or one would revive the other. Luckily, P3P had commands for the Allies, so that was easier.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I've never bothered with AI in Persona 4 myself. Overall in P3 though, they were pretty good. My biggest complaint however was Mitsuru. Arguably has one of the best movesets, but her AI doesn't utilize it well at all. I ditched her because all she would keep doing was wasting Mind Charges or trying to Confuse enemies that couldn't be confused. Now Akihiko and Aegis's AIs were very good during my playthrough, always surprising me with smart moves and doing exactly what I wanted when I needed it. The other AIs I'd say were hit and miss, but more hit.

In short, Akihiko and Aegis have godly AI, the others were very decent, and Mitsuru just plain sucks.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
I ditched her because all she would keep doing was wasting Mind Charges or trying to Confuse enemies that couldn't be confused.

According to Hii'mdaisy's P3 Ryojiventures comic and other people complaining about Mitsuru, they had trouble with Mitsuru constantly using Ice Break or Marin Karin and failing.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I've never bothered with AI in Persona 4 myself. Overall in P3 though, they were pretty good. My biggest complaint however was Mitsuru. Arguably has one of the best movesets, but her AI doesn't utilize it well at all. I ditched her because all she would keep doing was wasting Mind Charges or trying to Confuse enemies that couldn't be confused. Now Akihiko and Aegis's AIs were very good during my playthrough, always surprising me with smart moves and doing exactly what I wanted when I needed it. The other AIs I'd say were hit and miss, but more hit.

In short, Akihiko and Aegis have godly AI, the others were very decent, and Mitsuru just plain sucks.

The infamous one for me is Yukari.

One of the first Tower bosses was a squad of three fliers when it's only you Junpei and Yukari.

Junpei gets whacked because they use his weakness on him. Fortunately they are weak to piercing...but you are unlikely to have a bow yet....and whenever Yukari knocks someone down...instead of going for the others to set up the all out, or let it remain down so it loses a turn and spend it healing the badly dying Junpei she will shoot it again making it take flight again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

dullahan1 wrote:
My biggest complaint however was Mitsuru.

MARIN FUCKIN KARIN
fuck

Gettin' Old!

The Sandwich wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

MARIN FUCKIN KARIN

IT'S A GOOD IDEA! I SWEAR MINATO SOMETIMES IT WORKS!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:

I'm so rich, I'm so rich, I'm so rich, how do you eat a burger, Ice Break, Ice Break, Ice Break

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

I'm so rich, I'm so rich, I'm so rich, how do you eat a burger, Ice Break, Ice Break, Ice Break

C-A

Still better than Yukari

"I'm so jealous, I'm so jealous, I'm so jealous, waaaahhh, me, me, me, me, you're not cool enough, not cool enough, not cool enough,"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Still better than Yukari

"I'm so jealous, I'm so jealous, I'm so jealous, waaaahhh, me, me, me, me, you're not cool enough, not cool enough, not cool enough,"

Really, my main memory of Yukari is she got SO PISSED cause I called her a GIRL.
Oversensitive little bitchbag...

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Still better than Yukari

Really, my main memory of Yukari is she got SO PISSED cause I called her a GIRL.
Oversensitive little bitchbag...

C-A

My best memory of Yukari is telling her "You're a horrible person" on the beach while she cried her eyes out over her plot angst. I told the others I wasn't the guy to go out and talk to her.

Though I imagine I'll replace that memory with Kanji, beating her face in, when the new P4A game comes out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I think I repressed my playthrough as the male character, who I - hilariously - called Shin Igami although in Japanese order it would not work, because I don't remember her saying that. But then, as I said before, I found all the P3 characters to be pretty bland.
Not to mention that freaky last scene with Aigis for her Social Link...

Speaking of, I'm playing Innocent Sin and I had to look up a guide because I have no freaking clue what to do in that school... how the hell am I supposed to know that the clocks had the school emblem on them? Or even that I had to smash them, I forgot what my goal was! Also, I have no idea where to go in that school...
Although I did what I had to do and am now supposed to go into the Teacher's Lounge but two students won't budge and let me through... I hope my rumors kill you!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I think I repressed my playthrough as the male character, who I - hilariously - called Shin Igami although in Japanese order it would not work, because I don't remember her saying that. But then, as I said before, I found all the P3 characters to be pretty bland.
Not to mention that freaky last scene with Aigis for her Social Link...

Speaking of, I'm playing Innocent Sin and I had to look up a guide because I have no freaking clue what to do in that school... how the hell am I supposed to know that the clocks had the school emblem on them? Or even that I had to smash them, I forgot what my goal was! Also, I have no idea where to go in that school...
Although I did what I had to do and am now supposed to go into the Teacher's Lounge but two students won't budge and let me through... I hope my rumors kill you!

C-A

Aigis' last scene is pretty weird, Elizabeth's final date was also weird....then again you get to go on a date with a teacher if you max out one of the social links and that's weirder.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Aigis' last scene is pretty weird, Elizabeth's final date was also weird....then again you get to go on a date with a teacher if you max out one of the social links and that's weirder.

Aigis' last scene makes me think of practically raping Aigis and leaving her pregnant, what with her saying she wanted the protagonist's "proof of existence" imprinted onto her and such. Never got far with Elizabeth... I think... and I would have loved dating "Maya" but I got the max Social Link and thought that was it.
I didn't know there was another scene to get!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Aigis' last scene makes me think of practically raping Aigis and leaving her pregnant, what with her saying she wanted the protagonist's "proof of existence" imprinted onto her and such. Never got far with Elizabeth... I think... and I would have loved dating "Maya" but I got the max Social Link and thought that was it.
I didn't know there was another scene to get!

C-A

Sadly that was it, was still one of the better endings for the social links haha.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The dwarf geeky panda!

Still find it funny when you reveal yourself.

"Hi Maya!" :redd:
Please don't hit me...

Apollon Flame

Sadly, my PSP broke, so I can't replay the awesomeness that is Persona 3. ;~;
If they keep releasing awesome titles for the Vita, I might get it for Ys and P4 (Teddy in HD!).
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
If they keep releasing awesome titles for the Vita, I might get it for Ys and P4 (Teddy in HD!).

I'm curious, what is the allure in P3 for you?
And yeah, I think P4G would be the only reason why I would buy a Vita up to now... but while I may have planned that, now I do not think I will do that. I mean, I'm happy with my P4 version. Considering all the features added into P4G, I feel like it's become too easy...

C-A

Just another day.

CatMuto wrote:
Considering all the features added into P4G, I feel like it's become too easy...

well you could always try and challenge yourself by setting restrictions...always a good way to make it more difficult.

Apollon Flame

CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:

The dark atmosphere, characters and the added features from P4.
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:

The dark atmosphere, characters and the added features from P4.

Did they ever add features from P4? I played FES (what I'd assumed was the latest version) and I felt it was distinctly lacking in P4's improvements.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Cold52 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Considering all the features added into P4G, I feel like it's become too easy...

well you could always try and challenge yourself by setting restrictions...always a good way to make it more difficult.

So, in order to not create overpowered Pixies or such, I would have to set myself a "No Persona Fusing" rule, now that you could choose what Skill a Persona would inherit.

Also, a rule of "No use of Shuffle Time" what with the addition of Skill Cards in there.

"No upping Rise's Social Link" due to her gaining even more skills than in the PS2 version. Which would be an annoying rule, because I officially ship Rise with Narukami and hers is the only route I romance on purpose - not counting Whorebag Ebihara Poor Excuse Ai who forces me into a relationship and then I don't even have the option to say "Good Riddance, Queen Bitch!" when I get the oh-so-terrible-event where she dumps me.

And the highest difficulty, granted that is a "Normal" challenge rule to put on yourself.

Quote:
Did they ever add features from P4? I played FES (what I'd assumed was the latest version) and I felt it was distinctly lacking in P4's improvements.

P3P is the "latest" version of Persona 3, which included the FES changes, I think, added a Female Protagonist Route which influenced what Social Links you had and what color the menu would be, and altered the Battle System in a way that it was a lot more like Persona 4's battle system.

So you now had an extra option to control your party members directly, instead of having to alter their strategy and hope they would use the right thing and not fuck your plan up by using Marin Karin, Ice Break or kill that boss you were saving, so you could kill the two in one go.

Oh and I think if you now just got a simple Weakness hit on an enemy, you could do a One More, even if you hit the same enemy with a Weakness before - this helps with those damn enemies that get hit by Ma-spells and ONE of them dodges it, causing you to lose your potential All Out Attack.

However, P3P lacks The Answer section of the game.

C-A

P3P adds improvements from P4, like manual party member control.

So Mitsuru becomes useable and Akihiko gets even better.

Quote:

And Answer sucked so you're really not losing anything.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I mean, the Answer was already weird... like, Athena suddenly turning into Orpheus... because...? As for the Answer itself, I know I complained about the ending of P3/P, but I think it was obvious. My main problem with the P3/P ending was, that it felt... anti-climactic and silly.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I mean, the Answer was already weird... like, Athena suddenly turning into Orpheus... because...? As for the Answer itself, I know I complained about the ending of P3/P, but I think it was obvious. My main problem with the P3/P ending was, that it felt... anti-climactic and silly.

C-A

Eh I enjoyed some of the 'origin' stories that showed up in the Answer, but it's main bits were a bit lacking. Also for a game that is heavily about choices, I didn't get why I wasn't allowed to ally or choose in the big confrontation at the end.

Spoiler: The Answer
Because I would have sided with Ken and Akihiko in a second to beat Yukari and Mitsuru's face into the ground.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Art Person

I've gotten back into Persona, I have P3P, and I do much prefer manual party control, that's much easier to strategise.

I've been playing P4U, and I have to say, I love Labrys' story, it's a tearjerker alright! P4U2 looks good as well! A massive title, but I can't believe Adachi's playable. How does he even fit in?

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
I've gotten back into Persona, I have P3P, and I do much prefer manual party control, that's much easier to strategise.

I've been playing P4U, and I have to say, I love Labrys' story, it's a tearjerker alright! P4U2 looks good as well! A massive title, but I can't believe Adachi's playable. How does he even fit in?

Originally they wanted to include Dojima as a playable character in P4A with Nanako as his summon.

Though...did you not finish P4? The way Adachi could fit in is quite easy.

Spoiler: Big Persona 4 spoilers
For one thing he's the culprit behind two of the murders and had a hand in the others. He has his own Persona to fight with so it's pretty easy to see how he could be involved. Surprised he wasn't just DLC or something in the first game.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Art Person

Pierre wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Originally they wanted to include Dojima as a playable character in P4A with Nanako as his summon.

Though...did you not finish P4? The way Adachi could fit in is quite easy.

Spoiler: Big Persona 4 spoilers
For one thing he's the culprit behind two of the murders and had a hand in the others. He has his own Persona to fight with so it's pretty easy to see how he could be involved. Surprised he wasn't just DLC or something in the first game.

See now Dojima as a player would've been fun! Although Nanako was a summon... It would work though...
I never played P4, but I watched the anime, and recently found a copy (A few months ago, I've been too busy with study to play), so I'm up to saving Yukiko (right at the start).

Spoiler: In response to Adachi
I guess unless his cell has a TV big enough to enter, or someone broke him out. He can't use his Persona outside the TV World right? Or Labrys' hacker could've busted him out. Either way, It caught me off guard to hear he was playable.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Spoiler: About Adachi
Honestly though, I'm curious how his character will be handled. In the True Ending, the game has you believe that he ended up being remorseful for what he did, which is why you were able to obtain clues as to who the true big bad was to begin with. I'm anxious to know though if he's really going to be a changed person in this game or if he's going to revert back to his old sadistic, perverted self. I'd really hope for the former, just so some kind of character growth has been established during that time, but then again, it's easy to fake that stuff too when you're pretty much stuck in a place with no way out.

On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Honestly though, I'm curious how his character will be handled. In the True Ending, the game has you believe that he ended up being remorseful for what he did, which is why you were able to obtain clues as to who the true big bad was to begin with. I'm anxious to know though if he's really going to be a changed person in this game or if he's going to revert back to his old sadistic, perverted self. I'd really hope for the former, just so some kind of character growth has been established during that time, but then again, it's easy to fake that stuff too when you're pretty much stuck in a place with no way out.

Spoiler: The trail of spoiler's continue.
I doubt he'll be reformed, the guy has problems. The one line he gets in the trailer that teases him says something along the lines of "You kids...after all this time you're still so naive" so he's still a bit out there. Still hell I'll take it, I wouldn't put him to go out his way to save the day like a truely reformed person, but what Adachi craves most of all is excitement, and if there's a bigger bad (that weird red-haired kid) then I bet he'd get a real thrill out of fighting him.

Though when you question the setting, it looks like some real bad stuff is going down in the REAL world rather than the TV one this time. Note the powercut when Junpei is at the vending machine, so presumably Persona's will be usable in the real world albeit temporarily.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

I doubt he'll be reformed, the guy has problems. The one line he gets in the trailer that teases him says something along the lines of "You kids...after all this time you're still so naive" so he's still a bit out there. Still hell I'll take it, I wouldn't put him to go out his way to save the day like a truely reformed person, but what Adachi craves most of all is excitement, and if there's a bigger bad (that weird red-haired kid) then I bet he'd get a real thrill out of fighting him.

Maybe that teaser line from the trailer was a Shadow Adachi talking... just saying. It's a possibility, after all.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Maybe that teaser line from the trailer was a Shadow Adachi talking... just saying. It's a possibility, after all.

C-A

Spoiler: Spoil Spoil
Sure but the real Adachi is twisted enough to say it too after all. Then again P4A was about turning a Persona back into a Shadow in order to increase it's power....which I guess kinda happened to Adachi in the end right?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler: Spoil Spoil
Sure but the real Adachi is twisted enough to say it too after all. Then again P4A was about turning a Persona back into a Shadow in order to increase it's power....which I guess kinda happened to Adachi in the end right?

I was more going along the lines of this...

Spoiler: P4 Spoilers
Remember in the hospital room, where they saw "Shadow" Namatame on the TV, saying how he saved all those people and all? It's heavily implied that it is what they wanted to see. So maybe the trailer line of Adachi is what the team thinks he is like and was faking the remorse and all.

You know that, "I thought you had changed...!" kind of sappy stuff...

C-A

Apollon Flame

Wow, I thought P4 didn't have THAT complicated of a storyline. xD
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

The possibility of it being Shadow Adachi is possible. (Seeing as Shadow counterparts are now playable).

Scent wrote:

Welcome to fan speculation! Any story can be extrapolated!

I'm really looking forward to some more P5 news. That ambiguous Engrish Trailer made me think this one'd be in a bording school or even a juvenile detention centre. As much as I liked the light-heartedness in P4, I really hope P5 has some darker scenes. I find those are more emotionally engrossing, and I like games that suck me into to the world they create.

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
The possibility of it being Shadow Adachi is possible. (Seeing as Shadow counterparts are now playable).

Scent wrote:

Welcome to fan speculation! Any story can be extrapolated!

I'm really looking forward to some more P5 news. That ambiguous Engrish Trailer made me think this one'd be in a bording school or even a juvenile detention centre. As much as I liked the light-heartedness in P4, I really hope P5 has some darker scenes. I find those are more emotionally engrossing, and I like games that suck me into to the world they create.

Eh the boarding school and juvie approach seems a bit more literal than I'd give it credit. It was probably angled more like metaphorical freedom from the pressures of society knowing the series. Though I'm really glad they ain't skipping a generation and are bringing it out on PS3 (curse you Kingdom Hearts).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 7 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station